7266 Manchester Road
Saint Louis, MO 63143Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fialafood.com/Jim_Fialas_Restaurants/ACERO.html
- Phone: 3146441790x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Adam Gnau
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Tom Kiefer 3146441790x
A word from Acero
Rustic Italian cuisine in the heart of Maplewood that features fresh ingredients from local farmers as well as an all Italian wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Acero - Best Restaurants in Maplewood ›
Acero reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)special occasion (67)neighborhood gem (64)romantic (40)notable wine list (35)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (19)hot spot (15)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wonderful Place to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Everything about the food was perfect. Atmosphere was nothing special but it was all about the food. Wine was great , the 4 Course Dinner Selection is unbelievable, great value for top notch dishes. Eat there!!! Thought it was going to be stuffy atmospere but very casual yet hotspot to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pefect!RMR20Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful from first course to last of the four course tasting menu. We tried a variety and were pleased with all. Quite a bargain as well. We sat at the front window at a table for two and were served by a vivacious and knowledgeable young woman named Mandi who was a joy. The two hour experience was a total pleasure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014From the moment we were greeted to our way out the door, our entire experience was amazing! Our waiter plus all of the other staff members that served our table were super knowledgable, attentive, and welcoming. Each course was delicious, flavorful and fresh. The tasting menu is a great option. So impressed and we will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every course memorablejcunninDined on 8/22/2014We ordered from the four course tasting menu, remarkably reasonably priced at $30. Every dish was a little gem. Although the portions were small, by the time we had four remarkably vibrant courses, we were fully satisfied. The chef's use of seasonal produce was outstanding, and it was clear that great care had gone into selecting other ingredients. There are multiple choices for each of the four courses, so you can tailor your meal to your own preferences. The waitstaff are young and professional, and the menu includes some creative and tasty cocktails. I believe this was the best meal I've had in St. Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014The grand tasting menu was one of the best meals we have had outside of Italy. The wine pairings were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent neighborhood restaurantfoodieatheartDined on 8/16/2014Nice tasting menu of 4 courses including dessert for a decent price. Specials and regular menu also offered. Everything was nicely prepared and delicious. We ordered off of the tasting menu. We are from out of state and this was our second time here. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistentannbVIPDined on 8/13/2014acero is always consistent and that is most important in a good restaurant. the menu is limited but always fresh and delicious! the servers are eager to please and they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EvneingNanoVIPDined on 8/12/2014We had a pleasant time. The food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Excellent pasta dishesLive2EatVIPDined on 8/9/2014The four course tasting menu was a great introduction for our first visit to Acero, and a good deal to boot. The waiter was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain the dishes to us.Special Features:
- TerrificAndyWVIPDined on 8/5/2014Took my brother-in-law and my wife (both consider themeselves foodies) and we all had a wonderful meal. Everything we tasted was superb, a definite repeat location.Special Features:
- Acero defines fine dining!TheAgedPsDined on 7/28/2014Acero provides an outstanding dining experience. It is truly a case where words fail. Those scenes of Meryl Streep in Julie & Julia, where Julia Child (Streep) says only, "Oh! Mmmm! Oh! Oh!!" - well, that is the food at Acero! Our favorites include egg raviolo, chocolate torte, scallops, mushroom tagliatelle, meat doughnuts, always astounding vegetable creations, everything we have ever had there, .... The staff are similarly excellent. We treat ourselves to a dinner at Acero several times a year and every member of the staff always succeeds in making us feel like their favorite relatives and they want to show off their best endeavors - they really make you feel special. Always comfortable. Always welcoming. Always superb!Special Features:
- Acero maintains it's creative flairEdwardVIPDined on 7/22/2014After probably a decade or more in business, Acero continues to deliver outstanding Italian food in a quiet location in Maplewood. I enjoyed every course of a four course pre-fixe menu. I started with the gnocchi which was creatively prepared and the perfect balance of flavors. I also really enjoyed the tagliatelle pasta and scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceTrishandMattDined on 7/16/2014Always a great time dining at Acero's. The food was bliss, the service was tremendous, overall experience was fabulous. Great for special occasions. Will keep going back again and again.Special Features:
- Simply fabulous!kaw1Dined on 7/12/2014The experience was fabulous! The food was delicious with unique flavors. The ambiance was charming and the service was wonderful. We could not have asked for a better experience!Special Features:
- Really wonderful place to eatluvgoodfoodDined on 7/11/2014we go here for the amazing 30$ tasting menu that never disappoints . It is the perfect way to get to eat a wide variety of dishes at a very reasonable price. Every choice we make is always delicious. It is our "go to" place when we have guests from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gregDined on 7/11/2014Always a treat!!! Quality of food and service that only comes with experienced restaurant teams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and delicious!dogdocDined on 7/11/2014The tasting menu is a true bargain at $30 per person--you get an amazing variety of gourmet food, expertly prepared. The bruschetta with caramelized onions was a delight, and my dining companion from New England said the clam/shrimp linguini was phenomenal. When a person from New England says the seafood is fresh, it's fresh! The chocolate torte was decadent and the perfect way to finish out our meal. Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2014Food was delicious but the service was dreadfully slow!!!!Special Features:
- Tasting menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Everything was wonderful! Our waiter recommended the tasting menu (4 courses) and it was perfect...(my favorite was the egg ravioli) got to try a variety of items from the menu and was surprised at how much food it was. I will be going back!Special Features:
- Always great, but...cbaarghVIPDined on 7/3/2014It's always a pleasure to dine at Acero. That said, I have to admit that the taglielini was not up to snuff. It had a bitter taste, so not as delectable. Perhaps it was the mushroom itself that lent a different flavor. However, I am not discouraged and I'll be back.
- SKY1Dined on 7/1/2014Wonderful evening. Food excellant, along with staff and recommendations of wine and cheese. We will be back. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening to repeat!neighborhoodfanDined on 7/1/2014Great for an evening of interesting food choices (i.e. pasta with seasonal mushrooms, beautiful beet salad with pea sprouts) and quiet atmosphere for conversation. Outdoor tables are under a beautiful canopy of trees. Our waiter added to the welcoming mood.Special Features:
- Great dinnerSmilingDined on 6/30/2014We had a lovely evening to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and Deliciousaz88Dined on 6/28/2014Acero's came highly recommended by friends that have dined there and food critics alike, and it did not disappoint. The wait staff graciously made entree suggestions and explained each unique entree we inquired about. The wine was excellent. Dessert looked delicious, but we chose to pass until next time.Special Features:
- Service Can Kill the MealClaytonDinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014I have been dining at Acero for many years. The food is still very good, and quite consistent. On this occasion, we had a new server who was new to the restaurant. We were told she was from Sidney Street, and they were thrilled to have her. We were not so thrilled. She was confrontational, passive-aggressive, and at one point actually abruptly left the table in the middle of taking orders for no apparent reason. After many years of dining at Acero and raving about our experiences here, I will NOT return! She made fabulous food nothing short of an insulting and unpleasant meal. I can not express my level of dissatisfaction adequately.Special Features:
- Tasting Menu is a deal!bakersMomDined on 6/27/2014I have been to Acero twice and it has been Great both times. The tasting menu is such a deal -- $30.00 for four courses, and the menu is varied and interesting. This time I had the Insalada Mista, which was very tasty (I loved the small pieces of apple), even though I am not a fan of red onion. I moved on to the linguine, with shellfish and a very understated sauce which was divine. The polenta with the wild boar ragu surprised my dinner companion with unexpected flavors. We finished up with ricotta cheesecake with cherries. It was just the right portion size after so much great food! I would recommend Acero to anyone who enjoys excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AceroBKHotDogDined on 6/26/2014First rate modern take on Italian cuisine. Fresh egg pasta dish (Egg Raviolos) is outstanding-only need one and a salad to fill up. Their bread puff wrapped in prosciutto ( Gnocco Fritto) is not to be missed. Lamb perfectly done as are grilled fish dishes. Don't miss desserts-Warm Chocolate Torte with ice cream is wonderful. The extensive and well priced wine list is excellent. Suggest the $30 Tasting Menu for a good sampling of what is on offer. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent tasting MenuKBradDined on 6/24/2014They feature their tasting menu pretty prominently on the menu, and it is a fantastic find. The four courses (soup/salad, pasta, entree, dessert) were each excellent and well sized. You can't beat it for $30! I highly recommend the scallops-- I've had them twice, and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickydinerDined on 6/21/2014Every time we go to Acero we come away wanting to come back soon. We have always opted for their tasting menu mainly so we can choose several items to try. Brenden is our favorite waiter and he not only knows the menu, but is passionate about those items he thinks are really good that evening. We will be back…hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJtron9kDined on 6/20/2014None of the dishes really wowed us. Compared to The Crossing, the chef's French restaurant, this was a distant second.Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 6/20/2014Continues to impress very time I go there. Excellent all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem with servicememacDined on 6/19/2014We were accosted by our server as we left the restaurant. This person did not like the tip, and was intimidating about it. It made a disturbing end to what had been a lovely meal. I cannot recommend this restaurant even though the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- Delicious CelebrationparticularaboutpastaDined on 6/16/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday with absolutely divine pasta/salads and really superior service. Hadn't been to Acero for a while but it was just as delicious as ever - won't wait so long to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and always high quality.StlfoodieDined on 6/13/2014The food at Acero is consistently delicious. The fresh pasta is some of the best in town, and the chef Here makes some mean ragu, no matter what meat is being used. This plus a great wine selection make Acero a great place for date night, business dinners, or just routine upscale dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely anniversary dinnerPhenomonom1VIPDined on 6/12/2014Had a great time at Acero for our 10th anniversary dinner. Had the four course tasting menu, and they paired wines with each course for us. Everyone was very friendly, and knowledgable about the food and the wine. The food was excellent--great salads, the egg raviolo was divine, superb scallops and lamb, and one of the best cheesecakes I've ever had. We chose Acero over several other well known restaurants in St. Louis for our evening out, and it didn't disappoint. What a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/12/2014Acero is my favorite restaurant in St. Louis! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- $30 Tasting Menu rockstrinitiVIPDined on 6/7/2014First, I wanted to say that our server Rena (sp?) was absolutely awesome! I would so very much ask for her again. The $30 tasting menu is just one of the best values in town for the quality of food you get! I had the crudo (the raw fish option), which was +$5 on the tasting menu, but very much worth it to me - so delicate and tasty. 2nd course was the tagliatelle. I already knew the tagliatelle was awesome, but before leaving for the restaurant, other friends were raving about it to me! 3rd course was my first experience with the porchetta. Everything in the dish complemented each other very well, and I would definitely recommend this. Finally, the ricotta cheesecake with berries - perfect size, creamy, and indulgent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysLuv2eatDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I have been to Acero a few times now and are beginning to see that there is no better place. All of the dishes were prepared perfectly and the service from Raina was top shelf. We love the patio option as well. Tasting menus are affordable and creative. Excellent throughout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticsltpdqDined on 5/31/2014Amazing food, wonderful service. Our guests wanted to eat here BOTH nights they were in town!Special Features:
- A Most Pleasant EveningflambeauDined on 5/30/2014My girlfriend and I ate at Acero on a Friday night recently.We both chose the tasting menu which was excellent. Highlight were the Tuscan anchovy salad, the egg raviolo, the trout and the scallops. Interesting, large selection of italian wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.