7266 Manchester Road
Saint Louis, MO 63143Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fialafood.com/Jim_Fialas_Restaurants/ACERO.html
- Phone: 3146441790x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Adam Gnau
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Tom Kiefer 3146441790x
A word from Acero
Rustic Italian cuisine in the heart of Maplewood that features fresh ingredients from local farmers as well as an all Italian wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Acero - Best Restaurants in Maplewood ›
Acero reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)neighborhood gem (66)special occasion (62)notable wine list (33)romantic (32)great for outdoor dining (24)good for groups (17)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Interesting ItalianFoodie4lifeDined on 10/14/2014Visited Acero for our anniversary. Decided to try the tasting menu - chef's choice - what a WONDERFUL dinner it was! The selections brought to us were varied, unique and delicious!! We were served seven courses beginning with appetizers and progressing through salad, pasta, seafood, entree and dessert. Each selection was wonderful but the liver pate and salad with it's truffle oil, honey, sea salt salad dressing and the wildishroom fettuccini being absolute standouts! The scallops we were served were an off the menu selection, and they should be on the menu they were so flavorful and well prepared. Our service was excellent without being intrusive and our every need was met without us having to ask. An AMAZING dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb pasta...lacking appetizerscampbfhDined on 10/11/2014The pasta was amazing. Had the mushroom tagliatelle and I was blown away. My kids had buttered noodles made with their fresh tagliatelle and it was all I could do not to eat theirs as well. The appetizer list is very "meh". Nothing special stands out that hasn't been done elsewhere. We ended up trying the prosciutto beignets, but they were seriously disappointing. It's just a deep fried donut with a thin slice of prosciutto laid across the top. Fairly bland and the beignet actually took away from the meat. Would not recommend. Very good wine list. Excellent pasta. Disappointing appetizers. We will try other places in St. Louis before returning.Special Features:
- InterestingDaveMoDined on 9/26/2014Very interesting menu. Very small portions. Will no be returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014At six in the evening the glare from the front windows was so bright I could not see the faces of my friends across the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acero's still got it!MikeCynRStLDined on 9/19/2014We returned to celebrate our 18th Anniversary. Hostess was initially going to put us at a very undesirable table and then realized we had taken the trouble to make a reservation and so moved us on her own to a nice booth so good catch! Gnocco Frito, what else can you say about meat donuts! Insalata mista and a mixed seafood pasta were world class!. Lamb chops were were great, if only 2. My wife's scallops were perfectly cooked. Only disappointment was biscotti, which appeared to have been made from same dough, which is OK, but different flavors were indistinct. Apple cake I had was delicious as was cinnamon ice cream. Acero continues to deliver consistent quality and value in it's Pre Fixe menu!Special Features:
- A treatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014After reading reviews, and walking past it months ago, i chose it for our anniversary. What a nice combo of high quality, value and a neighborhood ambiance. Unique offerings: egg raviolo, and braised octopus so tender and tasty. The scallops were melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Good wine at the mini carafe; value of the tasting menu is excellent. Desserts: fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We arrived very late and the staff was friendly and very accommodating and did not rush us through our meal. The food was delicious. We were celebrating my son's birthday which we told the restaurant in advance but they did not note this in the evening. A little disappointing. The steak and salmon entrees were each moist and well seasoned. The peach semi freddo was an outstanding dessert and the blueberry cake with blueberry compote was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goog food, questionable serviceluv2eatDined on 9/6/2014Waited 10-15 minutes before flagging down a server. We were next to hostess stand and she seemed to ignore that we were being ignored. It was a lovely dinner though - beet salad was great. Main dishes included tagliatelle, egg yolk ravioli and polenta dish - all very good.Special Features:
- Who ever heard of Egg Ravioli???FinnickyEaterDined on 9/6/2014THE FOOD WAS FABULOUS- DO NOT MISS THE EGG RAVIOLI! WORTH EVERY SINGLE CALORIE!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014We tried Acero for the first time one week ago & loved the food. Came back this week and invited new friends to try this fabulous restaurant.... we enjoyed another great meal! The tasting menu is definitely the way to go... great food and great value, plus wonderful service!Special Features:
- Love Acero!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014This is our favorite restaurant. We have been coming ever since it opened and it continues to be a restaurant that we love to introduce people to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place to DineICHOWEDOWNDined on 8/30/2014Everything about the food was perfect. Atmosphere was nothing special but it was all about the food. Wine was great , the 4 Course Dinner Selection is unbelievable, great value for top notch dishes. Eat there!!! Thought it was going to be stuffy atmospere but very casual yet hotspot to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pefect!RMR20Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful from first course to last of the four course tasting menu. We tried a variety and were pleased with all. Quite a bargain as well. We sat at the front window at a table for two and were served by a vivacious and knowledgeable young woman named Mandi who was a joy. The two hour experience was a total pleasure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014From the moment we were greeted to our way out the door, our entire experience was amazing! Our waiter plus all of the other staff members that served our table were super knowledgable, attentive, and welcoming. Each course was delicious, flavorful and fresh. The tasting menu is a great option. So impressed and we will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every course memorablejcunninDined on 8/22/2014We ordered from the four course tasting menu, remarkably reasonably priced at $30. Every dish was a little gem. Although the portions were small, by the time we had four remarkably vibrant courses, we were fully satisfied. The chef's use of seasonal produce was outstanding, and it was clear that great care had gone into selecting other ingredients. There are multiple choices for each of the four courses, so you can tailor your meal to your own preferences. The waitstaff are young and professional, and the menu includes some creative and tasty cocktails. I believe this was the best meal I've had in St. Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014The grand tasting menu was one of the best meals we have had outside of Italy. The wine pairings were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent neighborhood restaurantfoodieatheartDined on 8/16/2014Nice tasting menu of 4 courses including dessert for a decent price. Specials and regular menu also offered. Everything was nicely prepared and delicious. We ordered off of the tasting menu. We are from out of state and this was our second time here. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistentannbVIPDined on 8/13/2014acero is always consistent and that is most important in a good restaurant. the menu is limited but always fresh and delicious! the servers are eager to please and they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EvneingNanoVIPDined on 8/12/2014We had a pleasant time. The food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Excellent pasta dishesLive2EatVIPDined on 8/9/2014The four course tasting menu was a great introduction for our first visit to Acero, and a good deal to boot. The waiter was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain the dishes to us.Special Features:
- TerrificAndyWVIPDined on 8/5/2014Took my brother-in-law and my wife (both consider themeselves foodies) and we all had a wonderful meal. Everything we tasted was superb, a definite repeat location.Special Features:
- Acero defines fine dining!TheAgedPsDined on 7/28/2014Acero provides an outstanding dining experience. It is truly a case where words fail. Those scenes of Meryl Streep in Julie & Julia, where Julia Child (Streep) says only, "Oh! Mmmm! Oh! Oh!!" - well, that is the food at Acero! Our favorites include egg raviolo, chocolate torte, scallops, mushroom tagliatelle, meat doughnuts, always astounding vegetable creations, everything we have ever had there, .... The staff are similarly excellent. We treat ourselves to a dinner at Acero several times a year and every member of the staff always succeeds in making us feel like their favorite relatives and they want to show off their best endeavors - they really make you feel special. Always comfortable. Always welcoming. Always superb!Special Features:
- Acero maintains it's creative flairEdwardVIPDined on 7/22/2014After probably a decade or more in business, Acero continues to deliver outstanding Italian food in a quiet location in Maplewood. I enjoyed every course of a four course pre-fixe menu. I started with the gnocchi which was creatively prepared and the perfect balance of flavors. I also really enjoyed the tagliatelle pasta and scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceTrishandMattDined on 7/16/2014Always a great time dining at Acero's. The food was bliss, the service was tremendous, overall experience was fabulous. Great for special occasions. Will keep going back again and again.Special Features:
- Simply fabulous!kaw1Dined on 7/12/2014The experience was fabulous! The food was delicious with unique flavors. The ambiance was charming and the service was wonderful. We could not have asked for a better experience!Special Features:
- Really wonderful place to eatluvgoodfoodDined on 7/11/2014we go here for the amazing 30$ tasting menu that never disappoints . It is the perfect way to get to eat a wide variety of dishes at a very reasonable price. Every choice we make is always delicious. It is our "go to" place when we have guests from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gregDined on 7/11/2014Always a treat!!! Quality of food and service that only comes with experienced restaurant teams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and delicious!dogdocDined on 7/11/2014The tasting menu is a true bargain at $30 per person--you get an amazing variety of gourmet food, expertly prepared. The bruschetta with caramelized onions was a delight, and my dining companion from New England said the clam/shrimp linguini was phenomenal. When a person from New England says the seafood is fresh, it's fresh! The chocolate torte was decadent and the perfect way to finish out our meal. Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2014Food was delicious but the service was dreadfully slow!!!!Special Features:
- Tasting menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Everything was wonderful! Our waiter recommended the tasting menu (4 courses) and it was perfect...(my favorite was the egg ravioli) got to try a variety of items from the menu and was surprised at how much food it was. I will be going back!Special Features:
- Always great, but...cbaarghVIPDined on 7/3/2014It's always a pleasure to dine at Acero. That said, I have to admit that the taglielini was not up to snuff. It had a bitter taste, so not as delectable. Perhaps it was the mushroom itself that lent a different flavor. However, I am not discouraged and I'll be back.
- SKY1Dined on 7/1/2014Wonderful evening. Food excellant, along with staff and recommendations of wine and cheese. We will be back. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening to repeat!neighborhoodfanDined on 7/1/2014Great for an evening of interesting food choices (i.e. pasta with seasonal mushrooms, beautiful beet salad with pea sprouts) and quiet atmosphere for conversation. Outdoor tables are under a beautiful canopy of trees. Our waiter added to the welcoming mood.Special Features:
- Great dinnerSmilingDined on 6/30/2014We had a lovely evening to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and Deliciousaz88Dined on 6/28/2014Acero's came highly recommended by friends that have dined there and food critics alike, and it did not disappoint. The wait staff graciously made entree suggestions and explained each unique entree we inquired about. The wine was excellent. Dessert looked delicious, but we chose to pass until next time.Special Features:
- Service Can Kill the MealClaytonDinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014I have been dining at Acero for many years. The food is still very good, and quite consistent. On this occasion, we had a new server who was new to the restaurant. We were told she was from Sidney Street, and they were thrilled to have her. We were not so thrilled. She was confrontational, passive-aggressive, and at one point actually abruptly left the table in the middle of taking orders for no apparent reason. After many years of dining at Acero and raving about our experiences here, I will NOT return! She made fabulous food nothing short of an insulting and unpleasant meal. I can not express my level of dissatisfaction adequately.Special Features:
- Tasting Menu is a deal!bakersMomDined on 6/27/2014I have been to Acero twice and it has been Great both times. The tasting menu is such a deal -- $30.00 for four courses, and the menu is varied and interesting. This time I had the Insalada Mista, which was very tasty (I loved the small pieces of apple), even though I am not a fan of red onion. I moved on to the linguine, with shellfish and a very understated sauce which was divine. The polenta with the wild boar ragu surprised my dinner companion with unexpected flavors. We finished up with ricotta cheesecake with cherries. It was just the right portion size after so much great food! I would recommend Acero to anyone who enjoys excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AceroBKHotDogDined on 6/26/2014First rate modern take on Italian cuisine. Fresh egg pasta dish (Egg Raviolos) is outstanding-only need one and a salad to fill up. Their bread puff wrapped in prosciutto ( Gnocco Fritto) is not to be missed. Lamb perfectly done as are grilled fish dishes. Don't miss desserts-Warm Chocolate Torte with ice cream is wonderful. The extensive and well priced wine list is excellent. Suggest the $30 Tasting Menu for a good sampling of what is on offer. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent tasting MenuKBradDined on 6/24/2014They feature their tasting menu pretty prominently on the menu, and it is a fantastic find. The four courses (soup/salad, pasta, entree, dessert) were each excellent and well sized. You can't beat it for $30! I highly recommend the scallops-- I've had them twice, and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 386 reviews are from the Acero reviews archive.
- PickydinerDined on 6/21/2014Every time we go to Acero we come away wanting to come back soon. We have always opted for their tasting menu mainly so we can choose several items to try. Brenden is our favorite waiter and he not only knows the menu, but is passionate about those items he thinks are really good that evening. We will be back…hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.