Accurso's Italian Restaurant
4980 Main St
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Accurso's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://accursos.com/
- Phone: (816) 753-0810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Wine Bar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us help you plan & cater your next special event, everything from large weddings & rehearsal dinners to company luncheons. You pick the location & the cuisine. 816-217-3178
- Entertainment: Monday: Industry Night 20% off everything
Tuesday: 50% off Martinis & Wines by the glass
Wednesday: Half price bottles!
Thursday: 50% off Martinis & Wines by the glass
Saturday: BEST PATIO IN TOWN
A word from Accurso's Italian Restaurant
A Modern Spin On Classic Italian Cuisine. Family Owned & Operated Since 1985. Full Catering Service. Lounge. Wine Bar. Date Spot. Small Plates. Made From Scratch Kitchen. Foodie Friendly. Beautiful Patio. Happy Hour 3-6. Monday: Industry Night 20% Off Entire Menu. Tuesday: Half Price Martinis & Wines By The Glass. Wednesday: Half Price Wine Bottles: Thursday: Half Price Martinis & Wines By The Glass! 50th & Main St. Accursos.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Accurso's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Accurso's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (21)romantic (17)notable wine list (15)special occasion (13)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My girlfriend and I went there following a friends recommendation and it was amazing. The food, the wine, the service were all outstanding. I would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!LouiseVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had a wonderful dinner with friends on Saturday night at Accurso's - the drinks were great, the food, as usual, was very good and our server was fun and helpful! I highly recommend the lasagna and their fried calamari is the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Updated Atmosphere, Expensive for what it isOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014The restaurant has a nice modern feel and good lighting. We were un-impressed with the food for the pricing. 15-20 dollars for a standard meal that was not as good as what you can make at home with purchased sauce. There are better Italian places in the area for your money.
- Delicious ItalianLoLoDined on 11/14/2014I had a fantastic seafood linguine and toasted ravioli. My fiancé had the lasagna which was a little sweet for both our tastes but still very good. Our glasses were always full. Our waiter was very nice to us but was gossipping with the table next to us and was inappropriate with them which was obnoxious and our only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was just good, not great.KCItalian84VIPDined on 11/12/2014The only complaint was that the wine was warm. Not room temp warm, but around 77 to 80 degrees like it was stored above the stove in the kitchen. That was disappointing. The wine list and half off bottle deal was great, but the warm wine wasn't.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindatDined on 11/7/2014I definitely would go back. Our girl's group had a wonderful experience. The food was amazing, service was great and loved the location. Great parking and nice location. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food w/ matching service/environment!!DBaslerDined on 11/6/2014Hands down the best Italian food I have yet to sample in the KC area. I have nothing but good things to say about Accurso's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Another Italian RestaurantHillerinoVIPDined on 11/5/2014The food was good - not outstanding - just good. The waiter liked to hover over us. It was clear that with a near empty restaurant that he wanted us in and out since we didn't purchase wine or a dessert. Personally, I think this place is great to pick up food and go because I don't really feel welcome to stay and enjoy. And for the future, that is what I will do - order take out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressedoscar123VIPDined on 11/1/2014Everything was just OK, including food and service. Probably will nor go back again
- Love the PatioGingellKCDined on 10/21/2014Outdoor dining is really nice with all the foliage surrounding you. With the street so close it just makes it feel more private. Had a wonderful server for lunch who was very accommodating and the food was scrumptious - although the pistaschio pesto was a bit bland, but the server recommended some diablo sauce on the side which completely changed the flavor of the gnocchi! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJrenaeVIPDined on 10/7/2014I have been wanting to try this restaurant for a long time, but I don't live close so I had to wait, and it was well worth it. I had the Pasta Carbonara and it was fabulous. The lunch portion fed me for three days. I've have had carbonara all over the country, as it's my fave, and I have to say this is the one I'm craving to go back to. Service was great, warm bread fabulous! I was to full for cheesecake, but I'm definitely going back! Yum!Special Features:
- Willing to go againHadagreattimeVIPDined on 9/27/2014I know there is no promise that individual requests with the Open Table booking will be honored, but I don't think they even read them here. The space is beautiful and the food is good. Service and bar cocktails were exceptional! We had a romantic outside dinner planned but were seated inside next to a huge party celebrating a family event. It was distracting but the visit was still worth it. The manager/owner thanked us as we left, a very nice gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star experience!Ladyscarlett22Dined on 9/27/2014What a beautiful restaurant. Our table was ready when we arrived, our waiter was at the table serving water as we were sitting down. The food was outstanding, fresh and served timly. Jeremy did a great job keeping up with the needs of our group. Do not leave without having a slice of cheesecake... THE BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary early dinnermoxiemtDined on 9/10/2014Due to our busy schedules, our early dinner was 3pm - so we were the only patrons in the dining room. Food was delicious, server was attentive and the prices were reasonable. We ordered salads with our pasta dishes - everything was fresh and the temperature it was supposed to be. Cheesecake was fabulous! Very nice afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the besttastingDined on 9/3/2014I had the Parmesan Chicken sandwich and it was mostly bread. The brownie dessert tasted more like fudge than a brownie. The service was fine.
- OuchFoodistDined on 8/23/2014Our server was so bad that other servers were apologizing for him! We waited a half hour for our entree after salads were finished. After complaining to management earlier in the meal, he got aggressive and even more condescending. When we finally got our food, all we wanted was out. The food was wonderful. I've been before with great service.Special Features:
- An ok second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/20/2014Had our anniversary dinner. The food was pretty good but nothing special. I don't know if the place was just off that night or what. We will try it again to make sure the "just ok" food and service were the exception since our first visit months ago was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BERGRVIPDined on 8/16/2014The swordfish entree, the salmon entree and the spinach salad were wonderful.Special Features:
- Night out at AccursogreenacresDined on 8/16/2014The food was very good and priced like I thought it would be. The wine was over priced. The service started out okay but then went down hill fast. When we decided to limit our drinks because of the high price it seemed like the waiter did not want to check on our table anymore. The waiter and hostess did not seem to know alot about the menue or the restaurant. I was disappointed in the service and wine but the food is very good.Special Features:
- Nice Resturantd0lph1n70Dined on 8/15/2014Nice restaurant the service was fine - food was good, mine came out cold, my husbands and son came out nice and hot - will try them again but was disappointing that this was our first trip and it was to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:
- PatioSuseVIPDined on 8/9/2014Lovely patio seating on a beautiful Saturday evening. Anthony runs a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJS4wineanddineDined on 8/8/2014Our server and food were both fantastic! We had Lasagna, Pasta Carbonara and Seafood Linguine. It was all superb. We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 169 reviews are from the Accurso's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Food100PercentItalianVIPDined on 7/19/2014Went on a Saturday night was very impressed with the martini and wine selection...The rice balls are a must to try!!.....We will be back.Special Features:
- gidamVIPDined on 7/19/2014Ou r group ate raviolis and lasagne. All delicious. Lovely red wine from Italy. A nice dinnerSpecial Features:
- Excellent Italian Cuisinesillyredn3kVIPDined on 7/9/2014I frequent Accurso's on a regular basis and must say that this is an excellent restaurant for any occassion. The food is wonderful and they do a good job of rotating in special menus every once in a while. There is a nice outdoor patio, a good sized bar area, and two separate dining areas at Accurso's. I highly recommend dining at Accurso's.Special Features:
- Very Good Local Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/1/2014The Kansas City Metro is not exactly replete with good Italian Restaurants. Accurso's is moderately priced and is one of the best of the group. The pasta and other items are always well prepared and the service is always courteous and very good. The restaurant is nice and located in a nice area. If you are looking for a good Italian meal this is a fine choice.Special Features:
- Martinis are greatHungrymanVIPDined on 6/27/2014A nice restaurant with authentic Italian food. We ate outside and enjoyed our meal with Martinis. Would recommend this place to anyone who likes real food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, a little noisy tonightdultramDined on 6/26/2014Just so happens that there was a retirement party tonight, had we known, we probably would have rescheduled. we were seated right next to the room where the party was going on, very loud and boisterous. The food was great though, as usual. The mushroom appetizer was even better than I remember, gone like that! Food was fantastic and our server went out of his way to assist. We'll try again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great for kidsEmandTimVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a great impromptu dinner out with our kids. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Decent but emptyrlb14Dined on 6/13/2014We made reservations because we didn't know what to expect near the Plaza on a Friday night. We giggled as they sat us because there was no one. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad either - where was everyone?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't go backDiningOutDined on 6/5/2014Although the service was good, the food was nothing special. If we did ever go back, we would try something different.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Excellent service and a very knowledgeable server on the wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- causal...VERY casualOllieDined on 5/10/2014The food was amazing. The restaurant is apparently a lot more casual than I was led to believe, the people in tanks tops, cutoffs and flip flops were unexpected after being told it was a dress casual establishment. There is a HUGE parking lot behind the place that is reserved for the restaurant and the few shops in the building with it, but the lot was locked off so nobody could get in. We drove around for a half hour trying to secure on street parking while this lot sat empty. The service was awesome, and everyone there was friendly. The prices were right for the food. I would go back, but would definitely not sweat my clothing choice next time. Not exactly the romantic, fancy evening I was led to believe it would be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Local RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/5/2014I have eaten here several times recently and the food is very good. One of the better Italian Restaurants in Kansas City. The menu has many vegetarian options and the prices are moderate. I will be back.Special Features:
- Always good!Huskerfan100Dined on 5/2/2014Accurso's is constantly good everytime. It took a little time for service when we initially got to the restaurant cause we sat on the patio. It's first come first serve. Outside of a little wait the service was good. I got the same server I've had before. Accurso's has the same staff I've seen for over two years that I have gone there. There breaded Mushrooms are the best and the sauce that comes on that dish is the best! The Italian steak platter is excellent. For desert the cheese cake is the best in town!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new menukcfoodieDined on 5/1/2014They just rolled out a new summer menu and I love it. This place has come a long way from the old place. One of my favorite neighborhood spots. If you haven't been in lately, check out the changes.Special Features:
- Love the new menu!WinoDined on 5/1/2014My wife and I decided to try out Accursos new menu after seeing it on facebook, we loved it! She being a vegetarian had this pasta dish with cauliflower and currants in it while I had grouper with risotto both were amazing! The wine list is outstanding and we impressed by some interesting "craft" cocktails (had a tequila drink with some really weird and delicious foam on it). Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014This restaurant was overwhelmed with the large group of Prom customers. We had reservations but when we arrived there was confusion as to where to seat us, party of 2. Many tables were open so ocbiously they were understaffed.They advertise gluten free pasta but all their sauces contain gluten except one. There is not a dedicated GF menu, the server had only one suggestion for GF option & it was a dried out chicken breast w grilled veggies. Had to ask for everything, fresh Parmesan cheese for the salad, extra dressing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealChristineVIPDined on 4/23/2014I ordered the Eggplant Parmesan, and it was really good! I love that the meal comes with a salad - that really increased the value. Nice atmosphere. Enjoyable.Special Features:
- A Fun, Relaxing PlaceJRO9288Dined on 4/1/2014Had a business dinner the other night. We were not rushed at all. The folks at Accurso's were very nice and professional. Our dinner server, Jeremy was excellent....friendly, informative, fun! Dinner was very good.....I had the Lasagne and would go back for it again! We'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.