11460 Uptown Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.accentcleveland.com/
- Phone: 2167218477
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Accent has a private party room that can seat 35 guests. It is equipped with AV equipment and WiFi. If your party is larger than 35, contact Accent to discuss other accommodations that can be made.
- Private Party Contact: Brenda Kim 2162259366
A word from Accent
Accent is located in vibrant University Circle. Serving Pan-Asian cuisine, Accent features a Robata Grill and Josper Oven. Our chefs are inspired by the most beloved dishes of Asia and cooking techniques that are found throughout the world. Accent connects old world and new world Asian cuisine by seamlessly fusing innovative dishes and flavors with traditional quality and modern style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Accent reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not To ShabbyJayD1983Dined on 10/19/2013We didn't have to wait long as the restaurant was as busy at 10 pm on a Saturday night, which was nice! This place is very pricey, but believe me when I say the food was worth it. The appetizers a smoked salmon flatbread, and our dinner was amazing! Try the Grilled Salmon in Black Bean sauce and The house special The Scallops, I was mind blown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATTTTTTT!!!!ScullDined on 10/19/2013This place is great -especially if you have an event in University Circle--museum visit, the orchestra, buisiness at UH. I especially appreciated the great combination of foodie/comfort food menu. My husband hates foodie places but loved the burger there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual gem2catDined on 10/17/2013We truly enjoyed our food. Enjoyed talking with the owner/chef. We have already recommended it to friends. Love to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, delightful presentationTastebudsDined on 10/12/2013The food is unusual,delicious, and the presentation is beautiful. The one drawback is that the striking modern dining area with glass is noisy, especially for "older" adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort and Asian InnovationJudyDined on 9/28/2013Nothing else like it in Cleveland, Accents has this wonderful Asian inspired heartiness to its food. My Sushi appetizer was delicious and they had the ponzu sauce I like to dip my sushi in. My entreé, the Scallops, were divine…perfectly done and hearty. My husband's bone in pork chop was legendary, he loved it! And the pumpkin bread pudding with homemade 5 spice ice cream was absolutely perfect to finish the meal. The dishes were unusual and innovative and the atmosphere makes you feel you'd stumbled on an upscale New York hot spot, right in University Circle, and the food has this hearty and cozy feeling of Asian comfort food, that would be perfect on a crisp fall or winter night. Highly recommend Accent to anyone and everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpaceLoubeohDined on 9/20/2013Interesting Asian fusion. We got small plates that ranged from average (triple tartar type thing) to excellent (pork belly skewer thing). The decor is amazing; Accent looks wonderful. We had a "deal" from travelzoo. We would have struggled without it; the entrees looked overpriced to us.Special Features:
- Accent is a hidden gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2013Beautiful restaurant with stunning wall of windows. Very good food - asian fusion. Creative drink list and helpful bar staff. Large community tables look like fun. Hard to see from Euclid Ave., but worth the hunt. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- accentDesignerVIPDined on 9/11/2013This was the first night of the new menu. Everything was too spicy for me. My husband loved his hamburger. My shrimp cocktail had sauce that was too spicy and shrimp were fairly small.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2013We were dining with friends from out of town (one internalional) and wanted to show them something special. After a fun visit to MOCA we stopped to shop at the always-lovely Ann Von H. boutique where we each found a treasure. We cspped off our evening with a delightful dinner at Accent...a perfect choice! The food, service and overall dining experience were near perfect. We sampled the salmon over crab cake, scallops and short rib, all delicious and cooked as ordered. The servers were well trained and attentive. Overall a great reflection of Cleveland's vibrant dining scene!Special Features:
- A must visitDisappointedVIPDined on 8/16/2013Beautiful decor,excellent menu choices.,very good service.Special Features:
- Accent is excellentBethVIPDined on 8/15/2013Excellent dinner, great appetizers, beautiful restaurant very New York looking, good and attentive service. We know Scott and his other restaurant so we knew this would also be great.Special Features:
- Best of the BestfocuseduVIPDined on 8/14/2013This menu is as creative and exciting as it gets. The restaurant's design lets you sit outside when the weather coöperates, next to a glass wall for people-watching, in a high-backed booth for privacy or intimacy, or you can watch a game on the big-screen in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ghost TownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2013The food was good, but service was slow despite the fact the there were only 2 or 3 other parties. Our server seemed hurried and was not very knowledgable about the menu. I probably would not go again because they do not have that many selections nor do they have adequate choices for vegetarians or people who like seafood. In addition, it was awfully quiet and no one that worked there seemed to notice that we were bored. Music or something please!!!!Special Features:
- Hot new spotRickyDined on 8/7/2013Tried Accent on a whim with little foreknowledge with colleagues for a working dinner meeting. Food was an outstanding unique fusion of Asian inspired flavored with fresh vegetables and meat. The Kentucky Bourbon Beer is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally great foodJamesDined on 8/2/2013We just drove from strongsville to accent and it was worth twice the drive. Every bite was a flavor sensation. The small plates were so good. This is one of those places you always go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2013What can I say? Long waits for everything: 12 min before our drink order was taken, another 20 min to get the drink. Apps trickled out. People did come and apologize, but without explanation or compensation. Main course took 30 MIN! The food was delicious, so it's a shame. There's nothing worse at a restaurant than feeling invisible. Twice I was ready to get up and walk out. Get your act together, Accent.Special Features:
- Creative varietyDeborahDined on 7/27/2013The edamame hummus was to die for. Other selections were also delicious. Entrees are a little pricey, but you can get a great meal with 2-3 of the appetizers too.Special Features:
- It's all styleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/27/2013Beautiful modern, sleek design, all black, geometric shapes with red accents. I thought the chef had the culinary equivalent of a tin ear. The food was either bland or covered with a sauce that didn't mesh with the main ingredient. The BanChan was 2 pieces of grilled eggplant, 3 cherry tomatoes, and a Tb of kimchee. Very small portions on all of the items we ordered, forgetful service. The shiny black table was covered with condensation dripping from water glasses. Get coasters or a tablecloth! Also, sitting in the booths, it was VERY dim once the sun started to set.
- Accent is not that greatInUCircleDined on 7/26/2013The service was slow and not well coordinated. The menu is dominated by Korean food. You can't really call it "pan Asian."
- Anniversary DinnerNicoleDined on 7/24/2013My husband and i decided to try Accent for our anniversary dinner. I was in the mood for something with an Asian flare and i was not disappointed. The food was fabulous! Best dining experience in a long time! The portions were large. Typically with fine dining you get big cost but a small amount of food. I felt the prices were appropriate for the portion size, i was even pleasantly surprised. I well definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Limited this time aroundttttDined on 7/13/2013Second visit; not as favorable as first visit. Roasted vegs was it for vegan offerings; previous visit had limited but innovative offerings.
- Good food Inconsistent portion sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2013Enjoyed our visit to Accent. It was not crowded on a Monday. Service was attentive and helpful. Food was great. Portions were inconsistent. Three scallops over a small bed of greens vs. a good sized piece of salmon over a crabcake with a side of rice. Both were considered entrees. Yakitori skewers and soup were both good values and well prepared. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2013Ate here after a concert. Great food. We had steak that was perfectly done. Also have vegan options.Special Features:
- The food choices were interestingEastSideeaterDined on 6/29/2013The food choices were interesting and the food was delicious. Our waitress was professional, friendly and excellent, and able to share descriptions of the foods and their preparation. The sou chef greeted us also and that was a treat.Special Features:
- Outstanding. We've been thereCinjagVIPDined on 6/22/2013Outstanding. We've been there three times in two months. Uptown is a great thriving area. Desserts are outstanding and food is superb. We highly recommend Accent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was incredible andRebeccaDined on 6/21/2013The food was incredible and reasonably priced. We sat at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We will be visiting Accent frequently this summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderful--particularlyrevaDined on 6/15/2013Food was wonderful--particularly the hanger steak and the Korean short ribs. This is from a person who usually does not eat meat! I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- big menuparentsnightoutDined on 6/15/2013the menu was pretty large, to the point where the wait staff recommended picking several appetizers and sharing an entree. for a foodie thought this was ideal...i loved the variety yet the food was blandSpecial Features:
- Third visitDeziDined on 6/15/2013Enjoy the visit. However, found the food to be bland on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to University CircleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013This was our 1st encounter with Accent. The 4 of us all got different dishes, and all were sampled and delicious. We shall return.Special Features:
- The food is prepared wonderfully--wrevaDined on 6/8/2013The food is prepared wonderfully--we had the Korean short ribs and the hanger steak. Not only does the food taste good but the dishes are presented beautifully. Servers are quick on their feet and know their menus. Looking forward to their patio opening in a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get set for an adventurestevebVIPDined on 6/7/2013This beautiful new space is also the place for amazing culinary experiences. No matter how experienced a diner you are, you will find new ingredients and combinations to delight your palate. For a broad sampling try the Korean Celebration - tasting portions of nine different dishes. Even if you are familiar with the Josper oven and robatayaki you will be surprised by compressed watermelon and edamame hummus. We found the kimchee and bulgogi flatbread very tasty. The grilled squid appetizer is more than enough to share. We will definately get the scallops again, and save room for Smores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just missing something!HYHYVIPDined on 6/1/2013Food was good but lacking something to bring it up to excellence.Special Features:
- We have been here before andlooking4foodDined on 6/1/2013We have been here before and the food for all of our party of 4 was way below the expections we all had. The scallops were not nearly as good as previous, the lamb ribs were total fat with very little flavor and the thai basil potatoes were flat tasting. The restaurant has slipped several notches from before.
- Big beautiful space average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/1/2013I hope the dishes improve as the drinks and the service were great. The restaurant was empty forms saturday night. My salmon was perfect, the appetizers bland , trumpet mushrooms , and my husbands tofu ravioli had no flavor . I think the grilled items are the strength of the place, but they need to work on the menu.
- contemporary asian ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2013Unusual sleek looking restaurant. Korean short ribs were the best as are the SASA fries. All 4 of us loved our dinners.Special Features:
- Not sure what this is....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2013our server did not understand the concept of the restaurant so it was difficult for us too....it seemed to be a mix of Asian and Spanish? Both dinners we had were too spicy.....seemed to be liberal with pepper. won't return.
- Fantastic food!celebrationDined on 5/20/2013We held a celebration lunch for a group off 10 on a week day. The entire experience was terrific! Everyone loved the food! I highly recommend Accent.Special Features:
- The sea bass and the steakbb61VIPDined on 5/18/2013The sea bass and the steak special were very tasty. My only complaint is the prices seem a little high (these entrees were both over 30 dollars). However in general the food was very good and I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat here.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013The food was mediocre and the service was terrible. We asked for a screwdriver with sparkling water... Our server told us she could not do that but could sell us sparkling water on the side. If a bartender at a restaurant that charges 30 per entree can't meet this simple request then this restaurant must have much larger issues. Our server also disappeared after we ordered and did not reappear until about 20 min. after the busboy cleared our dinner plates. She returned saying she did not abandon us she was just a little busy with other tables.... No apologies, just an excuse. The food was way overpriced for how poor our overall experience was. I do not recommend this restaurant.