Accademia Di Vino
1081 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Accademia Di Vino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://accademiadivino.com/
- Phone: 2128886333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner Sun - Tues 5:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner Wed - Sat 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private areas of the dining room are made more private by the areas being surrounded by wine cabinets.
- Private Party Contact: John Fanning 2128886333
- Special Events: Monday Nights 50% off all Bottled Wines Economic Stimulus Package 3 Course Dinner from 5 - 630 every night $35pp
A word from Accademia Di Vino
Smart and stylish upbeat Italian restaurant and wine bar. A 800 bottle wine list and a range of dishes from all the regions of Italy gives you the opportunity to "visit" Italy without ever leaving Manhattan. Come for a drink and stay for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Accademia Di Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
- We saw the paper that dayOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/4/2012We saw the paper that day and knew the restaurant was closing, but went anyway. A mistake---could tell it was in a closing down mode. Food was mediocre and service atrocious. Glad to see Tony;s DiNapoli has taken over the space. Hope they open there; have missed them since the 2nd Avenue subway project did them in, like it did most of 2nd Avenue and continues to do so.
- Great place. Ate here NewJcueVIPDined on 12/31/2011Great place. Ate here New Year's Eve. Sorry to see it close!Special Features:
- Truly enjoyable New Years Eve.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/31/2011This was indeed a perfect place to share a convivial New Year Eve's dinner among friends. The restaurant was smartly decorated, just festive enough with baloons and candles at every table. There was a special menu for the evening and we took advantage of it plus ordering a few favorites from the standard menu. It was an enjoyable and memorable night and everything was perfect.Special Features:
- We love it and will miss it!BetsyKMVIPDined on 12/29/2011We love it and will miss it! This was a created special occasion to say good-bye to one of our favorite restaurants. This time, probably because we were sitting basically at the junction of two rooms, was particularly noisy (and because there was an astonishingly loud woman at a table behind us), but that's a mere quibble in the grand scheme of things.
- This was the 3rd time thatMazeltov80Dined on 12/28/2011This was the 3rd time that I ate here (probably the last). The food was just ok - they do not allow any substitutions for any of their meals, which is very odd and annoying. The service that we had was horrible. Any question that we asked our server, she didn't have the answer and made it as if she was doing us a favor to find out. The service we received was poor at best.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere complementsNYCFoodieVIPDined on 12/17/2011Great atmosphere complements the excellent menu choices and delicious flavors of traditional Italian fare. A wonderful neighborhood hang-out that deserves many return visits.Special Features:
- Tourist TrapOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2011I was rather deceived by this place. Although the outside gives the impression of a classic Italian trattoria, this inside of the restaurant could pass for an upscale Olive Garden. The appetizers and focaccia were good, yet the entrees were very disappointing and unimaginative.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to eat andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/11/2011Always a pleasure to eat and drink at Accademia di Vino!Special Features:
- The backup plan....Vail77VIPDined on 12/10/2011Third time here but still very good. An underrated establishment but always good for the back up plan in case you cannot get into a finer place. Managed very good, awesome dishes and a vast wine list. You cannot go wrong here.Special Features:
- Food very good, service is uneven.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/10/2011Food was, as usual, very good. Favorite is the robiola pizza - fantastic thin crust. The service this time was a combination of obtrusive, with too-long menu descriptions, and inattentive. Still, overall, a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Always quality. Always somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 12/7/2011Always quality. Always something interesting on the menu. Reasonable prices. Works for us.Special Features:
- Accadema Di Vino is a shadowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2011Accadema Di Vino is a shadow of its former self. The wait staff seems uninterested at best.
- This west side location hasJennifer27VIPDined on 12/2/2011This west side location has recently changed its name and clearly wants to have more a of a bar vibe. The music was excessively loud, the menu and wine list were greatly reduced from when I was last there and the service was spotty at best. I'm hoping the East-side iteration has retained it's ambiance and quality.
- Business lunchBarnstablerwVIPDined on 12/2/2011This was an excellent restaurant for a busuness lunch.Special Features:
- Nice, tasty experience. OnlyNicknameVIPDined on 11/28/2011Nice, tasty experience. Only complaint: pasta portions were smaller than we expected.
- Great pasta, the rest ehOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/26/2011The pastas are delicious, whoever is working that station does a great job, as for the other aspects of the meal I can't say the same. The service was unattentive and they were out of many menu items. The starters were just ok, and maybe I'm picky but for the cost just good pasta isnt going to cut it. However, with small improvements I think this restaurant could be really good.
- The service was great! WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011The service was great! Waiter recommend a very nice bottle of wine from a very large selection. Price was way too high for food quality. Salad couldn't be simpler, turkey couldn't be dryer. We also ordered fish from the menu($30) the only thing you taste was the marinated sauce. Wouldn't come back for food even if it was a lot cheaper.Special Features:
- A Thanksgiving FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/24/2011We went to the Accademia Di Vino on Thanksgiving. My husband and I were looking for good Italian food and the rest of our party was interested in a traditional turkey meal. Accademia Di Vino satisfied us all. The ambiance was pleasant and the food was excellent. Our waitress was very accommodating. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Not great, not even good.GoodbutnotgoodenoughVIPDined on 11/23/2011Our main course did not come out at the same time. In fact, it took ten minutes for the last entree to arrive. And then it lacked the main ingredient, flavor. It might have helped if the server had checked back at any time. Poor service, poor food prep. I think I will find another spot to eat at.Special Features:
- Service was so bad! Our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2011Service was so bad! Our waiter was rude and rushed us the whole time. He was not friendly at all! Lookedlike he wanted to just go home!
- DisappointedDemandingMaxVIPDined on 11/11/2011My second visit in a week was disappointing and deserves note. While the restaurant was noticeably busier than during the week (this was a Friday night), the hostess insisted on showing us to a table for 2 in an undesirable location. During our 1.5 hour stay, half the 4 tops remained empty! The Caesar salad was a BIG disappointment. The pasta sauce was weak. The half chicken yummy. Waiter Mario never appeared at table toask about any food. I guess he really didn't care! Oh, grey goose martini prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Went here for a quiet mealKiwMaxDined on 11/11/2011Went here for a quiet meal for two - big mistake. The place has a great atmosphere but is really quite noisy. Food is pretty nice - and the wine excellent. Service is OK but could be friendlier. However the bar upstairs is totally excellent and recommended for an after dinner session.Special Features:
- Found By Accident - great!DemandingMaxVIPDined on 11/10/2011Enjoyed our early dinner. Wine recommended by server was excellent. Shared a pasta dish and chicken entree as well as entrees. The pizzas are very thin crusted, broiled to a crisp finish. Worth trying, really different. All well prepared, moderate sized portions. The bread was yummy. Clearly a neighborhood restaurant, with a returning crowd.Special Features:
- OK cusine. Pasta trio samplerMancheVIPDined on 11/5/2011OK cusine. Pasta trio sampler was not at correct temp. Wait staff was sloppy and slow.
- Enjoyed lunch very much -BTMCVIPDined on 11/4/2011Enjoyed lunch very much - surprised it wasn't more crowded. Needs wifiSpecial Features:
- Always love the place andLarryfireDined on 10/22/2011Always love the place and Cesca too, but i find the staff a bit too stuffy.Dont like to be talked down to, just be the server, and serve.Special Features:
- Our food was outstanding!MsFussyVIPDined on 10/22/2011Our food was outstanding! We both had the frisee salad with hazelnuts and mint and it was perfect. For my main course I had a pasta dish with pesto, green beans and potatoes- also perfect. My husband had the salmon which he said was excellent. We split a chocolate dessert. All in all a perfect meal. We dined on the early side for NYC and I think that makes a difference. The chef has time to do his job perfectly and the servers can bring the food out immediately. This was the best meal I have had in this restaurant. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Where friends meet wine...OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/17/2011We had a memorable girls-night-out, with very tasty appetizers and great service. Wine list is superb but ambiance is what makes this place really nice for this kind of gathering.Special Features:
- Great when you are going toNancyGVIPDined on 10/15/2011Great when you are going to the movies in the east 60s. Food and wine were very good and our waiter (Ph.D. candidate in psychology) was very pleasant and polite.Special Features:
- A very nice restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2011A very nice restaurant with some truly wonderful wines. The food was interesting and authentic with being over the top.Special Features:
- The ambiance and decor areSupersteakhouse85fanDined on 10/7/2011The ambiance and decor are lovely. Portions could be a little larger for the price. Overall downstairs for dining is nice for a special occasion. For any old evening I would like to try the high tops upstairs.Special Features:
- I've been here three times-OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2011I've been here three times- each time, the level of the food and service was on the decline, won't go back.
- My husband and I ordered theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2011My husband and I ordered the three pasta combo, which was grossly overpriced, and lacking in quality. Our appetizer, a combo meat/cheese board, was very good.Special Features:
- Our server was astonishinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2011Our server was astonishingly cordial, informed and appreciative of our coming to Accademia Di Vino. Our meal was perfect...no lapses what so ever in service. Everyone was lovely and warm. The food fresh in flavor and appearance. Excellent in all aspects. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Food was good...portions seemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2011Food was good...portions seem to be getting smallerSpecial Features:
- Lamb chops were totally overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/13/2011Lamb chops were totally overpriced at $40.00. The portion was tiny, and not very good. The accompanying sides were very ordinary. We were disappointed. This was not my first time at the restaurant, and I am reluctant to return.
- Great spot.LeeBee386Dined on 9/10/2011We had small dishes in the bar and were very pleased with the quality of the food. Everything was very tasty,the portions were reasonable for an enoteca...some places give you a thimbleful. Best of all, we had the nicest waiter.Special Features:
- Food was prepared just right.UpperEastsiderDined on 9/9/2011Food was prepared just right. A wine list you could get lost in.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/9/2011Had a wonderful time, service was lovely. Very knowledgable waitress.
- The small bites are terrific.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011The small bites are terrific. The beets and goat cheese and calamari are excellent. Bring a group and sample lots of appetizers. The wine list is exceptional and there are many selections by the glass.Special Features: