Acapulcos Mexican Restaurant and Tequila Bar
3620 Pelham Rd
Greenville, SC 29615Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Acapulcos Mexican Restaurant and Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.acapulcosmexrestaurant.com/menuMain.html
- Phone: 8646076336x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Dorantes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from Acapulcos Mexican Restaurant and Tequila Bar
Acapulco's Mexican Restaurant and Tequila Bar is a family owned restaurant. Serving only the freshest and most authentic Mexican food. Acapulco's Mexican cuisine is a style of traditional and coastal food with a variety of regional spices and ingredients. We welcome you as part of the family and hope that you will come out to experience our delicious homemade meals and refreshing drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acapulcos Mexican Restaurant and Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- It was ok, not the best I've hadSCsFoodyLouDined on 7/25/2014It's your typical Mexican restaurant. There was nothing exciting about it. The food was ok, I've had better.
- Typical Mexican restaurant...Foodie1VIPDined on 7/22/2014A dinner experience revealed this restaurant to be similar to most Mexican restaurants in Greenville. It is clean with a bar area and TV screens scattered around. The menu is extensive with many selections. My party ordered two margaritas (top shelf). The menu depicts several choices with unusual ingredients. They wanted a "regular" top shelf margarita (Herradura tequila, Gran Marnier, lime juice) without salt. They arrived with salt and the flavor/taste was disappointing. I ordered the enchiladas rancheras (4 different varieties). I received 4 chicken enchiladas but they were replaced quickly with the correct version which were fine but nothing special. Overall, this is an average Mexican food restaurant--good but ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chilaquiles!Foodie1VIPDined on 7/21/2014First time visit--for lunch. I particularly like chilaquiles and have not had much luck in finding good ones in the Western Carolinas. They were on the menu and were absolutely delicious! Moist, soft tortillas served casserole style with cheese, lettuce, etc.--moderately spicy. The best I have found outside of Texas! Chips were crisp and the salsa was average. Guacamole dip was good although I prefer a more chunky style. Staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. The cantina atmosphere is vintage Mexican. Will return to try other offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad it was SundayTheaterGoerDined on 6/22/2014After the matinee at the theater downtown we were ready to relax with a margarita. Sorry no alcohol on Sunday. Server said many people got up and left when they found out this restaurant was located in an area of Greenville county which did not allow alcohol sales on Sunday. Fortunately we stayed. Excellent food and great service (have to note restaurant was not very busy). Sorry to say maybe they should close on Sunday like a number of restaurants in that area. Try it, you will like it….but not on Sunday if you are looking for a margarita.Special Features:
- NEIGHBORHOOD GEM!NancyDined on 6/7/2014We really enjoyed everything about Acapulco's. Upon entering the restaurant, we were greeted with smiles by several employees. We immediately noticed how clean everything looked. Our server was pleasant and accommodating, and we could not have been happier with the food. Fresh, hot, and delicious! There were six people in our party, and everyone was very happy with their dish. One of the best things we noticed was how cold the beer was! A great restaurant, and we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- FinallyAjithDined on 5/27/2014We were here after 6 years in the vicinity and we were not disappointed...great hospitality and good food....nothing to go ga ga about. Can be here once in 3 monthsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014The restaurant was closed for easter. Wish you guys would have caught that one before you secured our reservation. P.S. I had to make up the stars/info that is (required) so this would be excepted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemDiningAdventurerDined on 4/12/2014I decided to try this restaurant at the last minute after noticing it on open table and we were not let down. My girlfriend and I went on a Saturday evening and decided to sit outside because the weather was pleasant. The dining area outside was somewhat small, but it was soon overlooked after meeting our waiter who was extremely nice and very knowledgeable of the menu. I had the Fajitas Papa Gallo and they were excellent. The Chorizo was so tender and flavorful. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and flavor of the food and the friendliness of the staff. This is definitely a neighborhood gem we will be returning to in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.