398 Bloomfield Ave
Montclair, NJ 07042Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.acappelloristorante.com/
- Phone: 9737462553
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm,
Sunday: 1:00pm - 3:00pm;
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Fasini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: 3 Private Dinning Rooms
- Private Party Contact: Dardan 9737462553
A word from Acappello Ristorante
Acappello is Montclair’s newest addition to the restaurant community. From the moment you step inside this establishment, you will be swept away to the Mediterranean. The inviting open atmosphere includes exposed brick walls, custom archways and a lofted mezzanine that overlooks the main dining room. Each dining room has its own unique backdrop which was delicately hand painted to enhance the ambiance for each guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acappello Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice eveningLuv2eatDined on 3/29/2014Love the ambience and enjoyed our appetizers of balsamic calamari and mussels Sat in a corner booth so it was cozy!!! Our server was lovely!!! Unfortunately wasn't a fan of the entree. I love risotto So ordered the risotto with shrimp. Shrimp was great but risotto wasn't!!! Very disappointing!!! The server noticed and offered to bring us something else However we said no need so she brought us a dessert on the house!! I would go back again and give it another trySpecial Features:
- Great food and lovely setting.LovetheLocalsDined on 3/21/2014Great food and lovely setting. My only complaint is that each time I have dined at they always seem to be out of a few of the featured items on the menu. The service is prompt, helpful and very nice. We had to witness a loud, unruly customer berate a waiter -- and the staff handled it with great professionalism, even though many of us wanted to scream at the obnoxious diner who did not care about ruining other diners' experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2014The best part of the restaurant was the ambiance. The menu is limited to begin with and they were out of three of the featured menu items all of them seafood. The waitress was very apologetic but at 5:30 on a Sunday evening it is clearly unacceptable especially since we drove an hour from South Jersey to have three times from the main menu unavailable. The salad and appetizer items were fine but the entrees were mediocre at best. We would not travel back.
- Great Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2014We were so impressed with all of our dishes which included the lasagna and a stuffed chicken dish. The only down side was that is was a cold night and we were put in the small room downstairs, and even with a space heater, we were still freezing. I would ask for a table in the main dining room next time. I would definitely go back for the food though.Special Features:
- I want to start by sayingMrsGDined on 2/28/2014I want to start by saying that the food was fantastic. We started with the portabello and goat cheese appetizer and our meals were great. Where this place lacked was the service; There was a large party seated near us and our waiter seemed to be so focused on helping them that he forgot about us. He didn't bring us bread nor did he read us the specials. While he checked in to see how our app was after a different waiter brought it, no one ever checked to see how our meals were. Meanwhile, the table next to ours had constant attention. That being said, after we paid I did mention to the manager that I was not happy with the service and he gave us a gift card. I'm in no rush to, though. The food was just too pricey for the lack of service.Special Features:
- Wonderful Find in Montclair1njgalVIPDined on 2/23/2014We have been to many restaurants in this great town….this was our first time at Acappello and we found it extremely enjoyable. The restaurant is very beautiful…with at least four levels of dining tables. We sat in the second level which overlooks a railing…you can view the outside as well. The room has beautiful ambiance with a great mural of the Amalfi Coast and brick walls. The food was wonderful..starting with the eggplant rollatini. I had the salmon and the preparation as delicious. My boyfriend enjoyed the shimp dish as well. This restaurant seats many but the layout makes it feel cozy and intimate. Try it! We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monumentally disappoiningMarkDined on 2/22/2014This place is a monumental disappointment. First, it has busboys posing as waiters; second, we had to wait 65 minutes for our food; third, the Cara Mia pasta dish, which advertises several types of seafood, had only shrimp--ours is not the only review that states this; fourth, the gnocchi was rubbery; fifth, very, very expensive for this level of quality. This was supposed to be a very special dinner for my family. Given that it was an 8:30 reservation, we were sure we would have missed the "dinner rush" excuse that we were given. There is no reason to try or return to this restaurant.
- Perfect pre-show spotTBLISSWVIPDined on 2/20/2014Close proximity to the Wellmont Theater makes Acappello a great choice for a pre-show meal. Nice atmosphere,varied menu, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acappello won us over!sunnyrocksDined on 2/8/2014We met two friends dining there and sat with them before our guests arrived. The staff pleasantly accommodated us. When our guests arrived, they made sure we knew they were there and ushered them to our table. Our group became bigger than we expected and again, they graciously accommodated us. The food was delicious and came out in a reasonable time. The calamari was perfect. Crisp outside and not rubbery inside. Stuffed lemon sole was perfectly done. Everybody enjoyed their dishes and the staff couldn't be more pleasant, efficient or accommodating. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- best food around! !!tammytammDined on 1/24/2014Last time we came here we were greeted with smiling faces. The food was superb start to finish. Some of the wait staff is relatively young and although that isn't a bad thing the bus boy kept banging into me or my leg every time he walked by and didn't apologize once. Not that it's a big deal but it was strange he Wouldn't even make eye contact or say excuse me.! Other than that the wait staff is very attentive and sweet. You never feel rushed in there and they are pretty accommodating. Spaghetti and meatball special was beyond amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMecrnnjDined on 1/18/2014Very impressed, nice decor, Service was outstanding and the food was great! Will def be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant!Jps3Dined on 1/11/2014From the minute you walk in you know it will be a great dinning experience. The food was outstanding and the service was even better. My fiancee and I will certainly be back! One of the best restaurants around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2014We went here the other night for a birthday and the food and service was phenomenal. Everything we ordered was delicious and we would all go back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodIrisDined on 12/28/2013We all enjoyed our meals and loved that it was a BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuLindaEDined on 12/13/2013Variety is wonderful on this menu - especially compared to other Italian restaurants in Montclair. The multiple levels make the restaurant seem more intimate.Special Features:
- DisappointingMcMomDined on 11/8/2013It was a lovely evening and the ambiance was nice,but the restaurant was a disappointment. The service was slow and the food was ordinary. The Caesar salad was bland and the fish special, lemon sole, tasted fishy. We had to ask for an ice bucket for our wine and it was poured into the wrong size glasses. The entree was so slow in arriving that one of the wait staff asked if we would like to see the dessert menu before we had even had the main course. Dessert was fair and we had to remind the waitstaff about a coffee order. It was unclear as to who was in charge of our table. The waitstaff was so busy chatting with each other that it was difficult to get anyone's attention. We won't be back.
- Outstanding in every way!zebra207Dined on 11/3/2013The waiters were very attentive from the minute we walked in the door. I had mentioned to them privately that one of our party was celebrating a birthday and asked if there was a way we could celebrate. They said indeed there was, and then we sat down to dinner. We shared spinach salad and pear salad for appetizers, and ordered entrees individually. Grilled salmon, spaghetti carbonara, penne rustica, and linguine vongole -- all were delicious. The birthday surprise came with coffee and dessert. I won't give away the details but let's just say the we were all so taken back. It was very effective! The restaurant has a nice layout, with tables arranged in different ways on different levels. FYI, you bring your own wine. Highly recommended!I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud and rushedJoebeanDined on 10/26/2013place was loud crowded, and service rushed all night. Food just ok whiched was,dissappointing. Took 20 minutes to get desserts. we were expecting to have a great meal, great experience and we had an average night.
- Worth the PriceLarryDined on 10/26/2013Bit pricey for a BYOB but the food was excellent and the service top notch. Got a little loud as it got more crowded but overall a good place with good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time before welmont showShownightDined on 10/26/2013Great service! The food was well presented and very good. Remember it is a byob but a liquor store is 1/2 block away.Special Features:
- our first time for lunch.bigredVIPDined on 10/23/2013our first time for lunch. It was almost empty one other table. a shame. food very good. pricey but very good. fresh ingredients and served nicely. will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a large party (9) andsilkcityVIPDined on 10/5/2013we had a large party (9) and were accomodated in a special room. the waitstaff was terrific, very personable and quite attentive. This was our third visit to Acappello and found it to be consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinner!WAWDC0316Dined on 9/24/2013We went here for dinner with my family and my in laws for my brithday and I don't have a bad thing to say. The food was fabulous, the service was great and the ambience was perfect! Love that its a BYOB! Get the Portobello appetizer-it is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerRprjr1211VIPDined on 9/23/2013Tasty options that are not typical Italian at a pretty BYOB. Attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. Save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food...RickDined on 9/14/2013What more can you ask for than Greats service, great food, great atmosphere & reasonable prices. BYOB a plus. Had great experience..Special Features:
- Too many waiter staff roamingTableOf4Dined on 9/7/2013Too many waiter staff roaming around. One person gave the specials and another person showed up (pushy girl) asking for our order within 2 mins. Told her that we weren't ready. We gave them our appetizer and waiter said that if we do not put our main the same time, our food will take long! We felt rushed! We were still having the appetizers when the another waiter said that our main course is now ready! Again felt rushed. We asked to hold back the food until we were done. They must have put our food under the heat lamps. Main came: 2 Seafood pasta special- seafood overcooked 1 veal Marsala (off the menu)-meat overcooked 1 hanger steak special- this was probably the only happy customer in our group. Overall- not that great service nor food.
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013Food was excellent and the restaurant was a nice little spot in Montclair. For a Friday night I was expecting it to be packed but it was quiet. I was a little bummed I didn't see it noted anywhere on the site this was BYOB so we had to go get something but there are a few places close by. I would recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!HobokenmofoVIPDined on 8/30/2013I've been here a bunch of times and have tried almost everything. I have yet to try something that isn't delicious. Also, anytime I ask for something that's not on the menu they always come through. Two words: eggplant rolatini.Special Features:
- Great restaurant in MontclairLetseatVIPDined on 8/27/2013At 6:00 there was no one in the restaurant. My husband and I like the food at this restaurant. I have a dairy allergy and they made fish for me with no dairy and it was excellent. Not sure if they are doing well but they should be.Special Features:
- Wait staff.RickwholovestoeatDined on 8/17/2013The wait staff is great. But they all look like actors/models doing their survival job. They're good at it but they're all too good looking!!!Special Features:
- A very average meal. FoodSeidelsprayco1VIPDined on 6/30/2013A very average meal. Food was well cooked but unspectacular. Service was very spotty and it appeared that no one wanted to be working. There are much much better in Montclair.
- Hot the mark....JayGVIPDined on 6/15/2013Was very happy with what my group pf 6 ordered. The fra Diavolo, fish and vesl was great. The salads could use soe work as they were basic on average...actually a siappointment. But all-all, the food and sefvice was good. I would go back -probably forego the salad.Special Features:
- Amazing!JRiordanDined on 6/7/2013My husband and I go to Acappello at least twice a month and we have never been disappointed! We love going there, staff is friendly and food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sauces were deliciousmpd1313Dined on 5/31/2013The sauces were delicious especially the pesto sauce and the cream sauce for the raviolis with porcini mushroomsSpecial Features:
- Great service!KenBDined on 5/31/2013I am a big foodie and am always straight forward on these reviews. That being said, I can honestly say I don't think I've ever had nicer service from the wait staff and it wasn't just one. For me to comment on that is big. The food was good but for what you get the dishes are more of what I pay in the city. It's a little pricey for NJ but I would definitely recommend this place of you're not on a budget, definitely worth it. My date had the sole and she loved it! I had a special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but the waiter hovered.susan68Dined on 5/31/2013The food was very good but the waiter seemed to hover by the table making us feel rushed. The place was empty so I am not sure why. Recommend the stuffed chicken.Special Features:
- The service was friendly andBillDined on 5/25/2013The service was friendly and prompt. I do not recommend the fish. Two of us had fish. Poorly prepared and tasteless. However the pasta bolognese was very tasty.
- warm,comfortable and good foodlowkeyVIPDined on 5/22/2013a comfortable space - bright, airy and cheery, very pleasant wait staff and a good selection of dishes that were quite tasty. i had grilled shrimp that were delicious and my friend had the pasta special that he thoroughly enjoyed - and said was quite authentic (a real compliment from an Italian from Italy!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carissima cara Mia linguineOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/19/2013If you do nothing else in montclair this millennium, you Must try the shrimp Gorgonzola and the cara Mia linguine I would place acapello as part of the trinity of montclair s Finest.Special Features:
- Delish!SVR1Dined on 5/16/2013Delicious, fresh food! We were very impressed. We were there for my son's 20th birthday and we ALL enjoyed our meals. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.