901 New York Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acadianarestaurant.com/acadiana.html
- Phone: 2024088848x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday Brunch 11:00am-3:00pm and Sunday Supper 5:00pm-9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tunks/Brant Tesky
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: They offer one private room accommodating 100 or two rooms accommodating 60 and 40. They also have semi-private space for events up to 15 guests.
- Cross Street: k street
- Public Transit: Closest Metro is Gallery Place Chinatown on the Yellow, Green and Red Lines. Washington Circulator bus stops directly in front of restaurant on the New York Avenue Side.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking begins at 5:30pm every evening of business as well as Sunday afternoon beginning at 11:00am, up until the close of the restaurant. Valet Price is $7 per car. Valet is located at the intersection of 9th & K Streets (due to one-way streets guests must approach from 9th Street heading south then turn right onto K Street)
A word from Acadiana
Acadiana offers the flavors, culture and the warmth of the seductive southern region. They offer the perfect balance of the old and new...taking advantage of the rich bounty found in the Mississippi Delta, Bayous and the Gulf of Mexico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acadiana reviews from OpenTable diners
338 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (190)special occasion (162)good for groups (114)romantic (109)great for lunch (84)great for outdoor dining (81)neighborhood gem (75)great for brunch (73)notable wine list (47)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (22)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- BillDined on 10/20/2014The Seafood gumbo was one of the best that I have enjoyed. The red beans and rice were excellent
- Perfect Autumn BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/19/2014Service was excellent. Celebrating a birthday and the birthday girl felt special! Her dessert was decorated very elegantly. The Mimosa's were delish and te food was incredible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationRefinedReviewerDined on 10/18/2014Celebrated my daughter's 32 birthday with her father and her boyfriend. We had a wonderful evening. The food was delicious as always; atmosphere very pleasing; but our favorite wine was no longer available...So now we have a new one. 🍷Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made me a duck fan!SHinDCDined on 10/18/2014With one meal, Acadiana made me a duck fan! Delicious, moist, sweet and crispy - cannot wait to experience it again. All of our main courses were excellent; only disappointment were the biscuits - they tasted like they were microwaved several times, dense and not a lot of flavor.
- The Po'boy sandwich was a jokeRViewerDined on 10/17/2014Flimsy white bread roll with shredded iceburg lettuce, woody tomato slices, catfish, and mayonaise, with a bag of chips. 'What you might expect at a roadside diner and not quite up to the standards of Subway, but at twice the price. My lunch partner had the shrimp and grits, which got a good review. The service was rushed even though the restaurant was less than half full. I won't return.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchspartyDined on 10/12/2014I've been here for lunch and dinner and enjoyed it and heard the brunch was good. I beg to differ. The shrimp and grits was awful, the jambalaya was overly salty....it was a very unimpressive meal. I won't be doing brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was alrightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Food was alright, but nothing special.Food was alright, but nothing special.Food was alright, but nothing special.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014I love this place. Will be back again. There is nothing more for me to say. This was my third time dinning with you guys I love the atmosphere and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but no cajunRepomanDined on 10/10/2014Had a nice dinner and they serve some reasonable cocktails. Think that the quality of the food stands out. Would recommend this place to allSpecial Features:
- Solid but not my favoriteycomedyVIPDined on 10/6/2014I like Acadiana, but I don't ever leave and think "Wow, I can't wait to come back." From the Passion Food group, Ceiba (now closed) was my favorite...How was that the one that closed? I think the staff at Acadiana is underwhelming...nothing like the Louisiana folks whose food it is trying to represent. The shrimp and grits are good, so are the appetizer pies, but there is nothing about the food that is extraordinary.
- Light on vegetarian optionsDCDutchDined on 10/5/2014Acadiana is my favorite place for Sunday brunch but I wish the chef offered more vegetarian options. The ambiance and food is spectacular overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationfoodie87Dined on 10/4/2014Acadiana really went above and beyond to make a birthday celebration special. Dishes were pretty heavy and portions were sizable so we took some home.Special Features:
- Best meal in DCfoodsnobs1and2VIPDined on 10/4/2014Absolutely delicious from starters, amazing soup trio and bruchetta, the entrees (BBQ shrimp that our daughter is still raving about, catfish and pork/grits). We had chocolate cake and lemon bread pudding for dessert...every bite was so wonderful. Acadiana is one of our fav DC restaurants. Their staff is always pleasant and helpful. Love, love, love everything about Acadiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!E83rdStDined on 10/3/2014Loved the ambiance and the food was outstanding. My dinner companion was from New Orleans and he was equally impressed. Great menu selection as well. Couldn't have been better!Special Features:
- A good change of paceFStreetFoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is a great spot for those times when you are feeling tired of the usual menu -- salmon, steak, chicken, sea bass, pork shank, etc. Starters for us this night were broiled oysters and deviled eggs. Then seafood gumbo, smoked duck breast with collard greens, and grouper with jalapeno grits. All were very good. It was refreshing to have to actually spend some time with a menu. Service was professional and prompt. Ambiance is alive but not noisy. Recommended when you are in the mood for something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, as alwaysccrookDined on 10/3/2014My colleagues and I frequently come here for happy hours, so I decided to make it my choice for a second date. We had awesome cocktails (the firefly ice tea cocktail and basil belle), great oysters on the half shell, awesome grits, and spectacular (and huge) crisped duck. Server could have given us a little more space/time to decide as we were talking a lot, but rarely do I complain about over attentive service!Special Features:
- Acadiana Was Great As UsualAmbassadorOfBrightwoodDined on 9/30/2014Whenever friends or family come to town, I always bring them to Acadiana. The food takes care of the foodies, the bar makes creative and strong drinks, and it has an overall beautiful atmosphere. And it's close to three metro station, in case my friends aren't driving. I love dinner but the Jazz Brunch is favorite at the moment. Beignets or bust!Special Features:
- Great outdoor patioOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Had a great meal with friends al fresco on a warm early Fall night before enjoying Art All Night. First time using the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Lively scene with high quality upscale New Orleans style food. Food was expertly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Cajun food in DC!DCVisitorDined on 9/26/2014Best veal ever in "Grillades & Grits" with Jalapeño Chesapeake grits. Biscuits with butter and pepper jelly are amazing. Can't go wrong, no matter what you choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceScifnarDined on 9/24/2014The New England clam chowder was the best I have had in years. The main course, red snapper with seasonal vegetables, was flavored just right. The waiter was very attentive, even after we had paid. Also, other waiters and even those bringing food to the tables, kept looking towards each table to see if anything was needed. Just a nod to one of them and they would come over to see what you needed. A very well managed restaurant. My lady friend and I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.NellyDined on 9/24/2014Service is always outstanding...Food is amazing. They have added some different things to their menu and I was in love with the fried-oyster po-boy. I cannot wait to go back and experience the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- A bit of NO in DC...Looking4goodeatsVIPDined on 9/22/2014Started with the trio of “pies”, a wonderful selection of crispy turnover filled with well spiced meat, crawfish or veggies. Followed this with "pork five ways". This was a wonderful variety of ranging from Andouille sausage to BBQ. Paired this with red beans and rice. My dinner guest enjoyed the turtle soup, and the Louisiana gumbo. We finished sharing beignets and house made caramel and spiced pecan ice cream. Service was outstanding, showing up just enough not to be intrusive but make sure all of our needs were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackDined on 9/20/2014Food and service very good. A little too noisy as a table of young women celebrating a 40th birthday, but they were just having fun as they should!!!! Would definitely go back as cajon food in a relaxed comfortable settingSpecial Features:
- Great experiance all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Date night with the wife. Always enjoyable coming to Acadiana. The food was great. The services was excellent. Tanisha is a consummate professional.Special Features:
- Best Crab CakesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I had the Oysters on the half shell and Louisiana Seafood Gumbo. The oysters where fresh, tasty, and moist. The Gumbo was out of this world. My Wife had the Jumbo Lump Crabcakes. They were very moist flavorful with a lot of crab meat. She said they were the best she ever had. I wish they had one in Boston, where I am from.Special Features:
- Leave room for dessert!mfskiDined on 9/19/2014Excellent meal, went for lunch, the food was very good, service very fast and friendly. We had the creme brûlée and the beignets, they were both outstanding. Make sure you leave room for dessert as it would be a shame to miss out! Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- ALDeanDined on 9/18/2014Our party of 4 had an outstanding experience with food and service. From the Charbroiled oysters, which I believed were baked because I do them myself at home over the grill, but excellent. The special that evening was stuffed Flounder with lump crab and it was an excellent choice. Deserts finished the evening and our out of town friends went home with a great restaurant memory in DC, sometime that is had to come by. Hope to return again and all four of us highly recommend Acadiana.Special Features:
- Poor service - good foodFormerWaiterDined on 9/18/2014One of my guests ordered the seafood salad and asked about the choices for dressings and was told the salad comes with a "Thousand Islands" type dressing. When she asked if there were any other choices, she was told just one other - a Sugar Cane Vinaigrette. Despite asking for both on the side, the salad arrived with just the Sugar Cane dressing. We were then surprised that the salads that came with the special another guest ordered had a different dressing our server never mentioned. The swordfish I ordered was delicious but was only two skewers with three bite size pieces each - more of an appetizer than an entree. As we finished our entrees, the server brought our check which we had not requested, having never offered coffee or dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nealDined on 9/16/2014Food was quite good. Service was fantastic as waitress was good about checking in but not too much to be bothersome. Drinks format eh bar were good and strong. Appetizers included the oysters and the gumbo and were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very attentivesoulfoodieDined on 9/15/2014The waiter Alex was great. Very knowledgeable, accommodating and patient. Great food and presentation. The drinks were not weak and not for the faint of heart!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceIwantgoodfoodDined on 9/14/2014Food at the restaurant is great. However on Sunday for brunch, the server was one of the worst I ever experienced. He was focused on one special table and mostly ignored his other customers. Needed to get the manager to step in and help us. I will not be back for a meal there.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!!!Food13VIPDined on 9/14/2014It was hard to pick something off of the menu because everything sounded so delicious. And everything we ordered ended up being delicious! Though the fried green tomatoes could have been seasoned a bit more, otherwise everything was perfect. One more thing- the oyster dish is not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy food, reasonable pricingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Service was attentive, walking distance from convention centre, wifi available, cosy environment, plus all the above. Excellent choice for group entertainment dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for datesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I took my boyfriend here to celebrate him getting a promotion. He likes creole food and had spent a significant portion of his childhood in NO, so I was excited to bring him here. He LOVED it. Everything was delicious from the appetizers to the dessert. He doesn't eat sea food but fell in love with the crabcakes here. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PTJPTJVIPDined on 9/12/2014I had the three "pies" (consider them empanadas) as an appetizer. Aside from the crawfish one, they were good. The special fish was one I had not heard of and it was excellent. I had three uniquely flavored sorbets for dessert. Service was attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!WebwhizDined on 9/11/2014Got to try fried green tomatoes, which were had a sort of shrimp sauce on them. They were yummy! They also had a veal special that my husband and I both got. It was awesome. Just the right amount of cajun spice, and the veal was as tender as could be. We would definitely go back the next time we're in DC.Special Features:
- First Timer but not the last!RobinGDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant is amazing! The decor transports you to New York City circa 1940s. The decor is beautiful, the staff is friendly, attentive and knowledgeable and the food divine. Everyone should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a date!DabassVIPDined on 9/8/2014My late dinner was great! I had planned a belated birthday surprise for my date and the staff was great in helping everything go smoothly. The food as always was perfect, especially my favorite charbroiled oysters :-) It was on a Monday so we decided to eat at the bar and the ambiance was exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Confident to Convention CenterSJPNyackerDined on 9/6/2014My friend and myself were attending a meeting at the DC Convention Center and had a late dinner at Acadiana. We had a very good seafood platter as a starter and my friend's snapper was well enjoyed. I had the "pork five ways" which had a good flavor but was decidedly overcooked, in fact it was so dry I had the feeling it was cooked well before I ordered it. The service was really top notch and the wine list was quite good with some real values.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.