901 New York Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acadianarestaurant.com/acadiana.html
- Phone: (202) 408-8848
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday Brunch 11:00am-3:00pm and Sunday Supper 5:00pm-9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tunks/Brant Tesky
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: They offer one private room accommodating 100 or two rooms accommodating 60 and 40. They also have semi-private space for events up to 15 guests.
- Cross Street: k street
- Public Transit: Closest Metro is Gallery Place Chinatown on the Yellow, Green and Red Lines. Washington Circulator bus stops directly in front of restaurant on the New York Avenue Side.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking begins at 5:30pm every evening of business as well as Sunday afternoon beginning at 11:00am, up until the close of the restaurant. Valet Price is $7 per car. Valet is located at the intersection of 9th & K Streets (due to one-way streets guests must approach from 9th Street heading south then turn right onto K Street)
A word from Acadiana
Acadiana offers the flavors, culture and the warmth of the seductive southern region. They offer the perfect balance of the old and new...taking advantage of the rich bounty found in the Mississippi Delta, Bayous and the Gulf of Mexico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acadiana reviews from OpenTable diners
373 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (216)special occasion (171)good for groups (132)romantic (116)great for lunch (87)neighborhood gem (79)great for brunch (76)great for outdoor dining (70)notable wine list (53)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (12)Show More
- Great waiter knowledgeable, nice, good humor too.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2014Excellent food, great waiter, everything was excellent, perfect dinner with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2014The layout of the restaurant is pretty cool and unique. The bar area looked fun. The food was simply ok. Definitely over priced for what it was, but there was nothing wrong with it. I wouldn't go back unless someone else footed the bill!Special Features:
- Acadiana - Cajun?Tip184Dined on 11/15/2014Lunch menus contains Cajun classics - dinner menu is disappointing from this standpoint. Want some good Cajun jambalaya? Not for dinner! Prices are high; what Cajun could afford to eat here? Despite this, the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014It was very busy which should be a good sign but we waited 30 minutes for a table despite having a reservation. We were told when we arrived that we would be seated shortly. Many walk-ins were told that the wait was 2 hours and they left. After that the food and the service were quite good, but I think a wait of more than 15 minutes is a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodlocaldinerVIPDined on 11/13/2014I have not been to Acadiana for several years and have been missing something. I went a bit out of my comfort zone and had flounder with cornbread and oyster stuffing in a lovely oyster sauce. It was spectacular. Service was attentive and pleasant. However, my companion and I were amused and bemused that the salad plate she set to the side was fair game for the wait staff. At least four people tried to remove it! They finally got the word that she would finish the salad later. No biggie, but just another example that wait staff are sometimes too anxious to remove plates too soon. All in all, five star food and a lovely placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DInner @ AcadianaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014Had a great time..the Seafood Jambalaya was fantastic...and the table biscuits with cream cheese and honey chili sauce was the best part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Went for dinner before a concert and received our meal in less than 10 minutes! Delicious! Will definitely be back: -)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding gumbo!CG74Dined on 11/9/2014The gumbo was as good as or better than any you can find in New Orleans or the Cajun country to the west. Also enjoyed the Grillades and Jambalaya.Special Features:
- Overall ExcellenceMonicaDined on 11/9/2014Everything was superb: the food, the ambiance amd the service. Not to mention, they made it very special for my birthday. Thanks Acadiana!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Bourbon Taste TestLeesburgiteVIPDined on 11/8/2014Had reservations for another restaurant for post-theatre dinner; however, my husband was on a quest for a taste of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon. He read an article on the best of bourbons, so I found that Acadiana has an amazing selection to include Pappy Van Winkle. Should say had, at least for the 23 and 20 year old, since the 23 year was gone and apparently my husband got the last taste of the 20 year old bottle. But Acadiana is also a wonderful restaurant for Cajun food, which he also loves. We both enjoyed wonderful appetizers, main meals, and dessert. The staff is attentive and friendly, but not intrusive. Following my husband's family restaurant categorization, Acadiana is definitely "in rotation."I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Gumbo was excellent! The French 75 Cocktail gets you right :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchGeriPsyDined on 11/6/2014I took my president of the board and a couple other members of the leadership in my organization for lunch. The food was fantastic, but the service was a little on the slow side which was fine since we were not in a rush. Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We'll dine here again.Special Features:
- Sweet Whiskey Sour!!!DOHBDined on 11/4/2014Fantastic selection of whiskey(s) and bourbons! My whiskey sour made with Wild Turkey Rare was "sweeeeettt!" I love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for business dinnerD8ntdinrsDined on 11/4/2014Wanted to find fresh oysters with a nice atmosphere. Oysters were small and chargrilled flavor was a little lacking. Roasted duck was fantastically prepared along with the ahi special. Wine list had an above average number of French selections, great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceRobinDined on 11/4/2014Acadiana came highly recommended and it did not disappoint. Our service was amazing and the food was excellent. I had a party of 8 that was co-workers and customers and we had a very relaxing wonderful evening! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014Very disappointing. The menu has not changed in all these years, and the quality of the food has deteriorated. I would probably not go back again.
- Impeccable Service and Great foodDelFriscoDCDined on 10/31/2014The setting is refined without seeming fussy. Staff was attentive at every point. The food was marvelous. Living in the Deep South, I know what good Cajun food is, and this restaurant exceeded my expectations. Roast duck was fall-off =the -bone tender and perfectly seasoned, with rice and collard green accompaniments. The gumbo was rich and flavorful. Especially noted was bread pudding, light and delicious, avoiding the common use of too much cinnamon. And they know how to make a nice Sauzerac.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014We went out for dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. Acadiana recognized our special night and made the experience very nice without overdoing it. We enjoyed the different menu, the food was excellent, service was knowledgeable, attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Oysters took a while to come out so they gave us extra which was nice. Restaurant is very nicely decorated but this place is a bit pricey..Special Features:
- Southern DelightFamilyDinerVIPDined on 10/26/2014Our second visit to Acadiana was definitely a great one, as we were celebrating my wife's birthday. Her Delmonico Ribeye was cooked to perfect medium, and the decadence of onion strings and mushroom sauce was definitely in line with other great Delmonico style steaks I've had before. My Stuffed Flounder was also delightful with Oyster Sauce, and our reliable favorites the Seafood Gumbo and Veal Medallions w/ Grits did not disappoint at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great service. Delicious Southern-inspired food. Would definitely recommend, especially if you live in the Logan Circle area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern friedDaveBDined on 10/22/2014Overall good experience, though wrong entree brought to my dining partner and timing of arrival of food did not allow relaxed meal experience. Willing to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to catch up!CeeCeeDCVIPDined on 10/22/2014The food and ambiance is great with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 10/20/2014The Seafood gumbo was one of the best that I have enjoyed. The red beans and rice were excellent
- Great food, terrible serviceJhlevyDined on 10/19/2014I work in the service industry and know how busy Sunday brunch can be; however, a 20-minute wait for a server and drinks that come out after the second course are ridiculous. Pace was rushed. Would not return for brunch or recommend to others.
- Perfect Autumn BrunchTUMMIEYUMMIESDined on 10/19/2014Service was excellent. Celebrating a birthday and the birthday girl felt special! Her dessert was decorated very elegantly. The Mimosa's were delish and te food was incredible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationRefinedReviewerDined on 10/18/2014Celebrated my daughter's 32 birthday with her father and her boyfriend. We had a wonderful evening. The food was delicious as always; atmosphere very pleasing; but our favorite wine was no longer available...So now we have a new one. 🍷Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findYulieDined on 10/18/2014While the reviews I read had been favorable about Acadiana, the actual dining experience was even better than expected. Hostess was gracious about having us wait for a bit while a larger party was being seated. Our request for a booth was fulfilled and our server was very patient and attentive as we had lots of questions about meal choices. In our party of four, we each chose a different entree and each one was delicious. The blending of Cajun with more subtle flavors worked well on my fish entree, the pork chop my date ordered was thick but not dry and the gumbo was extremely well prepared. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting our wonderful capital.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made me a duck fan!SHinDCDined on 10/18/2014With one meal, Acadiana made me a duck fan! Delicious, moist, sweet and crispy - cannot wait to experience it again. All of our main courses were excellent; only disappointment were the biscuits - they tasted like they were microwaved several times, dense and not a lot of flavor.
- The Po'boy sandwich was a jokeRViewerDined on 10/17/2014Flimsy white bread roll with shredded iceburg lettuce, woody tomato slices, catfish, and mayonaise, with a bag of chips. 'What you might expect at a roadside diner and not quite up to the standards of Subway, but at twice the price. My lunch partner had the shrimp and grits, which got a good review. The service was rushed even though the restaurant was less than half full. I won't return.Special Features:
- Love This Restaurant!StevensDined on 10/15/2014We are from Ohio & stayed in Dupont Circle during our DC visit. We decided to make a reservation at Acadiana after reviewing their menu and reading the good reviews. We were not disappointed. We started out the evening with the trio of soups. Our first time trying turtle soup Yum 0! I ordered the lump crab cakes and they were the best I have ever had. My husband had the Red Snapper. He loved it and so did I from the bite that I stole! The service was outstanding. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. We will visit again on our next trip to DCSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchspartyDined on 10/12/2014I've been here for lunch and dinner and enjoyed it and heard the brunch was good. I beg to differ. The shrimp and grits was awful, the jambalaya was overly salty....it was a very unimpressive meal. I won't be doing brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was alrightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Food was alright, but nothing special.Food was alright, but nothing special.Food was alright, but nothing special.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014I love this place. Will be back again. There is nothing more for me to say. This was my third time dinning with you guys I love the atmosphere and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but no cajunRepomanDined on 10/10/2014Had a nice dinner and they serve some reasonable cocktails. Think that the quality of the food stands out. Would recommend this place to allSpecial Features:
- Solid but not my favoriteycomedyVIPDined on 10/6/2014I like Acadiana, but I don't ever leave and think "Wow, I can't wait to come back." From the Passion Food group, Ceiba (now closed) was my favorite...How was that the one that closed? I think the staff at Acadiana is underwhelming...nothing like the Louisiana folks whose food it is trying to represent. The shrimp and grits are good, so are the appetizer pies, but there is nothing about the food that is extraordinary.
- Light on vegetarian optionsDCDutchDined on 10/5/2014Acadiana is my favorite place for Sunday brunch but I wish the chef offered more vegetarian options. The ambiance and food is spectacular overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationfoodie87Dined on 10/4/2014Acadiana really went above and beyond to make a birthday celebration special. Dishes were pretty heavy and portions were sizable so we took some home.Special Features:
- Best meal in DCfoodsnobs1and2VIPDined on 10/4/2014Absolutely delicious from starters, amazing soup trio and bruchetta, the entrees (BBQ shrimp that our daughter is still raving about, catfish and pork/grits). We had chocolate cake and lemon bread pudding for dessert...every bite was so wonderful. Acadiana is one of our fav DC restaurants. Their staff is always pleasant and helpful. Love, love, love everything about Acadiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!E83rdStDined on 10/3/2014Loved the ambiance and the food was outstanding. My dinner companion was from New Orleans and he was equally impressed. Great menu selection as well. Couldn't have been better!Special Features: