901 New York Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acadianarestaurant.com/acadiana.html
- Phone: 2024088848x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday Brunch 11:00am-3:00pm and Sunday Supper 5:00pm-9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tunks/Brant Tesky
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: They offer one private room accommodating 100 or two rooms accommodating 60 and 40. They also have semi-private space for events up to 15 guests.
- Cross Street: k street
- Public Transit: Closest Metro is Gallery Place Chinatown on the Yellow, Green and Red Lines. Washington Circulator bus stops directly in front of restaurant on the New York Avenue Side.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking begins at 5:30pm every evening of business as well as Sunday afternoon beginning at 11:00am, up until the close of the restaurant. Valet Price is $7 per car. Valet is located at the intersection of 9th & K Streets (due to one-way streets guests must approach from 9th Street heading south then turn right onto K Street)
A word from Acadiana
Acadiana offers the flavors, culture and the warmth of the seductive southern region. They offer the perfect balance of the old and new...taking advantage of the rich bounty found in the Mississippi Delta, Bayous and the Gulf of Mexico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acadiana reviews from OpenTable diners
354 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (191)special occasion (168)good for groups (118)romantic (117)great for lunch (93)great for outdoor dining (92)great for brunch (86)neighborhood gem (80)notable wine list (57)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (22)scenic view (19)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Great outdoor patioOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Had a great meal with friends al fresco on a warm early Fall night before enjoying Art All Night. First time using the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Lively scene with high quality upscale New Orleans style food. Food was expertly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Cajun food in DC!DCVisitorDined on 9/26/2014Best veal ever in "Grillades & Grits" with Jalapeño Chesapeake grits. Biscuits with butter and pepper jelly are amazing. Can't go wrong, no matter what you choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceScifnarDined on 9/24/2014The New England clam chowder was the best I have had in years. The main course, red snapper with seasonal vegetables, was flavored just right. The waiter was very attentive, even after we had paid. Also, other waiters and even those bringing food to the tables, kept looking towards each table to see if anything was needed. Just a nod to one of them and they would come over to see what you needed. A very well managed restaurant. My lady friend and I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.NellyDined on 9/24/2014Service is always outstanding...Food is amazing. They have added some different things to their menu and I was in love with the fried-oyster po-boy. I cannot wait to go back and experience the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- jackDined on 9/20/2014Food and service very good. A little too noisy as a table of young women celebrating a 40th birthday, but they were just having fun as they should!!!! Would definitely go back as cajon food in a relaxed comfortable settingSpecial Features:
- Great experiance all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Date night with the wife. Always enjoyable coming to Acadiana. The food was great. The services was excellent. Tanisha is a consummate professional.Special Features:
- Best Crab CakesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I had the Oysters on the half shell and Louisiana Seafood Gumbo. The oysters where fresh, tasty, and moist. The Gumbo was out of this world. My Wife had the Jumbo Lump Crabcakes. They were very moist flavorful with a lot of crab meat. She said they were the best she ever had. I wish they had one in Boston, where I am from.Special Features:
- Leave room for dessert!mfskiDined on 9/19/2014Excellent meal, went for lunch, the food was very good, service very fast and friendly. We had the creme brûlée and the beignets, they were both outstanding. Make sure you leave room for dessert as it would be a shame to miss out! Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- ALDeanDined on 9/18/2014Our party of 4 had an outstanding experience with food and service. From the Charbroiled oysters, which I believed were baked because I do them myself at home over the grill, but excellent. The special that evening was stuffed Flounder with lump crab and it was an excellent choice. Deserts finished the evening and our out of town friends went home with a great restaurant memory in DC, sometime that is had to come by. Hope to return again and all four of us highly recommend Acadiana.Special Features:
- Poor service - good foodFormerWaiterDined on 9/18/2014One of my guests ordered the seafood salad and asked about the choices for dressings and was told the salad comes with a "Thousand Islands" type dressing. When she asked if there were any other choices, she was told just one other - a Sugar Cane Vinaigrette. Despite asking for both on the side, the salad arrived with just the Sugar Cane dressing. We were then surprised that the salads that came with the special another guest ordered had a different dressing our server never mentioned. The swordfish I ordered was delicious but was only two skewers with three bite size pieces each - more of an appetizer than an entree. As we finished our entrees, the server brought our check which we had not requested, having never offered coffee or dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nealDined on 9/16/2014Food was quite good. Service was fantastic as waitress was good about checking in but not too much to be bothersome. Drinks format eh bar were good and strong. Appetizers included the oysters and the gumbo and were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very attentivesoulfoodieDined on 9/15/2014The waiter Alex was great. Very knowledgeable, accommodating and patient. Great food and presentation. The drinks were not weak and not for the faint of heart!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceIwantgoodfoodDined on 9/14/2014Food at the restaurant is great. However on Sunday for brunch, the server was one of the worst I ever experienced. He was focused on one special table and mostly ignored his other customers. Needed to get the manager to step in and help us. I will not be back for a meal there.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!!!Food13VIPDined on 9/14/2014It was hard to pick something off of the menu because everything sounded so delicious. And everything we ordered ended up being delicious! Though the fried green tomatoes could have been seasoned a bit more, otherwise everything was perfect. One more thing- the oyster dish is not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy food, reasonable pricingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Service was attentive, walking distance from convention centre, wifi available, cosy environment, plus all the above. Excellent choice for group entertainment dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for datesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I took my boyfriend here to celebrate him getting a promotion. He likes creole food and had spent a significant portion of his childhood in NO, so I was excited to bring him here. He LOVED it. Everything was delicious from the appetizers to the dessert. He doesn't eat sea food but fell in love with the crabcakes here. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PTJPTJVIPDined on 9/12/2014I had the three "pies" (consider them empanadas) as an appetizer. Aside from the crawfish one, they were good. The special fish was one I had not heard of and it was excellent. I had three uniquely flavored sorbets for dessert. Service was attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!WebwhizDined on 9/11/2014Got to try fried green tomatoes, which were had a sort of shrimp sauce on them. They were yummy! They also had a veal special that my husband and I both got. It was awesome. Just the right amount of cajun spice, and the veal was as tender as could be. We would definitely go back the next time we're in DC.Special Features:
- First Timer but not the last!RobinGDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant is amazing! The decor transports you to New York City circa 1940s. The decor is beautiful, the staff is friendly, attentive and knowledgeable and the food divine. Everyone should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a date!DabassVIPDined on 9/8/2014My late dinner was great! I had planned a belated birthday surprise for my date and the staff was great in helping everything go smoothly. The food as always was perfect, especially my favorite charbroiled oysters :-) It was on a Monday so we decided to eat at the bar and the ambiance was exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Confident to Convention CenterSJPNyackerDined on 9/6/2014My friend and myself were attending a meeting at the DC Convention Center and had a late dinner at Acadiana. We had a very good seafood platter as a starter and my friend's snapper was well enjoyed. I had the "pork five ways" which had a good flavor but was decidedly overcooked, in fact it was so dry I had the feeling it was cooked well before I ordered it. The service was really top notch and the wine list was quite good with some real values.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DC Goes NOLADooneyVIPDined on 9/6/2014A touch of NOLA In DC. The chargrilled oysters were excellent as was the nights special seared scallops over a bed of bacon infused hash browns. All washed down with an Ambita Seasonal. Topped off with a decadent creme brûlée. Truly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service 5 starOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We arrived to celebrate my fiances birthday, which I noted on my reservation notes. We were warmly greeted to a table with menus printed with happy birthday on it. We were treated to birthday dessert on the house as well. As for the food, charbroiled oysters were amazing my entree was pretty good, I offered the duck. Theyserved half the duck...I prefer just a crispy breast. Glaze was good, wish it was a bit crispier. All in all, nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dancingtastebudsVIPDined on 9/3/2014As long as things remain the same or improve I will always patronize this establishment. The food is always amazing and the service commendable. The smoked oysters and the corn crab soup are phenomenal!Special Features:
- GreatCajunChicknDined on 9/3/2014As always, a great experience, with delicious food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Delicious, best for small groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014I have been to Acadiana for business lunches, happy hours, and a smaller, personal group setting of 4 people. Acadiana is a great place to enjoy a leisurely meal of great quality that certainly does not disappoint. The only drawback for us in a business setting was that service took a while for a larger group. For small groups with a more intimate or personal discussion likely occurring over the meal, this is an ideal atmosphere, particularly for foodies.Special Features:
- If Big is goodluvgoodfoodDined on 8/30/2014The service was fine, maybe hurried a bit. Food was ok, but not special. I thought the rating in Open Table was a bit overstated.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousWanderingPalateDined on 8/30/2014The food is so flavorful. Rich, yet never overbearing. The soup trio appetizer provides a great chance to enjoy more of the available options in one sitting, and I highly recommend it. After living overseas for a couple of years, returning to Acadiana was like visiting an old friend. Whenever attending events at either the National Archives or the Convention Center, my wife and I make it a point to get dinner here, and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acadiana is WonderfulGeorgeinvaDined on 8/30/2014We always go to Acadiana for special occasions. The food is wonderful and we had the perfect wiater! We arrived early and enjoyed cocktails in the bar and (as with the rest of the experience) it was exceptional!Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceVABulousDined on 8/28/2014Always a wonderful dining experience! I have not been disappointed with the service and the food has been exceptional. The location is great as well, never a hustle to find parking. It very spacious yet cozy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must!!jenskurlzDined on 8/24/2014I have been here several times and I've never been disappointed. The service is excellent and the good delicious. The added "chill" ambiance makes this place one of my favorite locations for a meal in the district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant but a bit blandOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our recent dinners well enough, but found several dishes oddly bland given the Louisiana slant of the menu. Crab cakes were okay but nothing more. The bruschetta appetizer was kind of thin on topping (cherry tomatoes and ricotta salata). The corn soup was overly sweet, the gumbo unpleasantly strong with herbs. Our friends were more enthusiastic about the fried green tomato appetizer. The grouper entree and soft shell crabs were also good. Service was friendly and proficient.
- Not the Normal StandardsJedon415Dined on 8/22/2014It's been a while since I've been to Acadiana but after my recent visit I wasn't pleased. My drink was not Good and my duck was over cooked. The steak tartare offered with the deviled eggs trio was almost inedible like the eggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014One of my graduate students recommended this restaurant to me and he did not steer me wrong. The food here is excellent and different without trying too hard. The service was impeccable, also. Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentGerryDined on 8/21/2014Acadiana is the kind of restaurant that is consistently excellent. The service is attentive but not rushing. Descriptions of the food by the wait staff are accurate and the food is wonderful, prepared just right. It is a special occasion restaurant in the sense that you can go there and be assured of a wonderful evening, everything you'd expect from an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Charbroiled Oysters!uscgrlDined on 8/18/2014The charbroiled oysters at Acadiana are amazing. Don't share the order. You'll want your own! Better than Drago's in New Orleans!Special Features:
- Love, Love, LoveReneeWDined on 8/18/2014The food, the service, the location, the atmosphere were AWESOME!!! I was very pleased!!!Special Features:
- Great Birthday Brunch!JackDined on 8/17/2014The band was on point, the ambiance was amazing, the food was fantastic, and service was sensational!Special Features:
- Enjoyable brunchBrownDined on 8/17/2014Good food, good setting, nice background music. A great brunch experience. A bit loud. We definitely over-ate, including the prix-fixe dessert.Special Features: