901 New York Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acadianarestaurant.com/acadiana.html
- Phone: 2024088848x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday Brunch 11:00am-3:00pm and Sunday Supper 5:00pm-9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tunks/Brant Tesky
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: They offer one private room accommodating 100 or two rooms accommodating 60 and 40. They also have semi-private space for events up to 15 guests.
- Cross Street: k street
- Public Transit: Closest Metro is Gallery Place Chinatown on the Yellow, Green and Red Lines. Washington Circulator bus stops directly in front of restaurant on the New York Avenue Side.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking begins at 5:30pm every evening of business as well as Sunday afternoon beginning at 11:00am, up until the close of the restaurant. Valet Price is $7 per car. Valet is located at the intersection of 9th & K Streets (due to one-way streets guests must approach from 9th Street heading south then turn right onto K Street)
A word from Acadiana
Acadiana offers the flavors, culture and the warmth of the seductive southern region. They offer the perfect balance of the old and new...taking advantage of the rich bounty found in the Mississippi Delta, Bayous and the Gulf of Mexico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acadiana reviews from OpenTable diners
375 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (196)special occasion (185)good for groups (123)romantic (120)great for lunch (106)great for brunch (104)great for outdoor dining (95)neighborhood gem (80)notable wine list (62)vibrant bar scene (39)hot spot (35)late-night find (18)scenic view (17)kid-friendly (16)Show More
- Charbroiled Oysters!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2014The charbroiled oysters at Acadiana are amazing. Don't share the order. You'll want your own! Better than Drago's in New Orleans!Special Features:
- Love, Love, LoveReneeWDined on 8/18/2014The food, the service, the location, the atmosphere were AWESOME!!! I was very pleased!!!Special Features:
- Great Birthday Brunch!JackDined on 8/17/2014The band was on point, the ambiance was amazing, the food was fantastic, and service was sensational!Special Features:
- Enjoyable brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Good food, good setting, nice background music. A great brunch experience. A bit loud. We definitely over-ate, including the prix-fixe dessert.Special Features:
- Awesome!julianacVIPDined on 8/17/2014We were a big group and everybody had a great time! Every dish that we ordered was perfect. Delicious flavor. We had brunch, Steak and eggs was one of the recommendations. Fresh squeezed orange juice, a most have.Special Features:
- Fabulous!yumfoodyumDined on 8/17/2014We dined off of the fabulous prix fixe menu for brunch. Fabulous. You must get the crepe! I don't think there is a bad choice here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was impeccablePrincessVIPDined on 8/16/2014Went here for restaurant week and it was an excellent deal. We also got some cocktails which were excellent as well. I would highly recommend this spot if you want great food and excellent service from both the wait and bus staff. All were friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for restaurant weekKimbyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were able to order off of the regular menu for entrees and a smaller menu for appetizers. They brought out biscuits with pepper jelly, which were delicious, instead of bread. I had the corn and crab soup, which was very flavorful. My red snapper was a bit disappointing (small, oddly shaped portion), but the veal entree was delicious.Special Features:
- LOVED it!jstavishDined on 8/16/2014Went here for Restaurant Week, but it had been on my list of places to try - I am so glad I did. There was a great selection of fish, I went with the grits. There was enough variety on the menu I think anyone could find something they could enjoy. The cocktails were also delicious. Definitely good for a date night or a girls night. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Best Nawlins Food in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Not Commander's Palace - but as close as you can get in the Capitol City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014A friend recommended this restaurant especially for the oysters. She's was right and some. Everything was fantastic...beautiful restaurant, good service (staff was friendly and attentive but not hovering), outdoor dining very nice!Special Features:
- Menu suckedZee21VIPDined on 8/15/2014Not one chicken dish as a main entree. Please fix this..Also the steak with the okra is DISGUSTING !!Special Features:
- disappointment of restaurant!NomNomAllaroundDined on 8/15/2014I really found my dishes to be dry and disappointing..which isn't what I associate with Cajun cuisine..had black eyed pea fritters and blackened salmon w a crawfish Éouffeé ( that was barely there). Had the spiced lemon bread pudding for dessert..which was also a big let down...I'm a bread pudding lover..while the consistentcy was good..the taste was more like those over sweetened lemon flavored cakes from the grocery. I expected some kick with the name spiced! Only highlights were pepper jelly served with biscuits and the watermelon mint cocktail. Service was not great..as my waiter always seemed bothered by my questions and in a rush. First and last time here. I guess I need to wait to I get back to Nawlins for good Cajun cuisine!
- From the moment the biscuits arriveJdawgDined on 8/15/2014It was an amazing dining experience. We came for DC restaurant week at dinner and Acadiana has pre-selected appetizers and desserts, but you are allowed to choose any of the main courses. The apricot butter spread for the biscuits was indescribable. We asked for a second helping of the scrumptious biscuits. I shared the gumbo and corn/crab soup with a friend and they were both delicious. I got the pan fried duck and when the plate came out, it was HUGE. Finally I got the lemon bread pudding and was happily surprised it came with a side of mango ice cream. Having lived in New Orleans for four years, this is by far the best Cajun/Southern restaurant in the DC area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I can always count on Acadiana's food to be fresh and delicious! Crawfish etoufee is my favorite! Service is outstanding--no complaints whatsoever!Special Features:
- Great Last Minute Dinner ChoiceddeedsDined on 8/14/2014We went here during Restaurant Week and it was great choice! Arrived just ahead of our 9:30 reservation and immediately seated outside. Our waiter was impressively knowledgeable of the menu and attentive. She offered great suggestions. Food was amazing from the very start, beginning with the biscuits and orange marmalade w/cayenne pepper. The BBQ shrimp is a must try. So good, I went back the next day for lunch which was equally impressive.Special Features:
- Birthdaymocha001nycDined on 8/14/2014I went for my birthday as well as to take advantage of restaurant week. Their menu was by far the best menu I saw. They did not restrict us to 3-4 entree choices. I had a great waiter and decided to try the roasted duck. T was superb and a dish they are well known for. Also the lemon bread pudding was a great dessert choice. I would go back for sure.Special Features:
- Overpriced mediocrityFrankCDined on 8/14/2014The title says it all. We went during restaurant week and were not impressed with the food, especially for how expensive it was. I also don't know there were televisions in there. Real classy.Special Features:
- good..other visits have been greatmsmastersonVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was great but waiter was not up to level of service they usually provide. Also bring a sweater just in case you sit by the windows that view the street...it Is right under the ventSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack Luster GemFoodMonsterDined on 8/14/2014Good food. Great bar. But the server that was servicing to patio area was horrendous. He was not personable at all. Ironically, the last time I dined there he was my server too, needless to say his attitude was very much the same.
- Always a pleasureRenaDined on 8/14/2014I have frequented Acadiana a few times and it is always a pleasure. They never disappoint with the food and drinks. I especially love their sweet and spicy jam (with their savory biscuits).Special Features:
- Solid Restaurant Week ChoiceDC20somethingsDined on 8/14/2014We went during restaurant week (2014). They have a set list of apps and desserts but you can order any entree you want off the regular menu. Still pricey but the food was excellent, the speciality drinks and the bourbon list were very good, and the service was great. I'd say only down side was because it was restaurant week we were a bit cramped between tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!SurferVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food and service was terrific. Every course was delicioso. No better restaurant to go to for lunch during Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Good food!EllenRCDined on 8/14/2014I went to Acadiana for DC Restaurant week, which is the time I get to enjoy moderately priced food for low prices and tell my friends from out of state I tasted a bit of DC culture! The menu selections were just perfect for my group of coworkers as we enjoyed shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes, fish and mixed green salad. Just perferct for an unusually cool August sunny day in DC.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceCharDined on 8/14/2014We met for lunch last week had a wonderful experience, the food was great as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal During Restaurant WeekDavisOKVIPDined on 8/13/2014We went t Acadiana during Restaurant Week and had a great meal -- we could choose any entree on the menu, plus one of several appetizers and one of several desserts, unlike many other restaurants, which have very limited options during Restaurant Week. We have had many memorable meals at Acadiana -- both brunches and dinners -- and did so once again. Both the food and the service are outstanding.Special Features:
- diner53Dined on 8/13/2014Snapper was overcooked. Flavors were good. Corn and crab bisque was yummy. Service was good and wine list is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServiceVieveVIPDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I took advantage of the great Restaurant Week deal (one of the few that is, in fact, a deal) to try out the restaurant, and we were not disappointed! The food was delicious and the service was amazing. We will definitely be returning to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014I love Acadiana. The crab cakes are really good and the service is typically stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyFDined on 8/13/2014Acadiana is one of my very favorite restaurants. The food is always consistently above levels and the service is always prompt and courteous. I am never disappointed. I always have to order the crab and corn chowder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, mediocre serviceMaryDined on 8/12/2014Great food but waiter was jumping around so did not provide the best service. He would show up and ask if we were ready to order, then turn around and disappear. Gave him 15% tip instead of usual 20%.Special Features:
- Dee-licious Acadiana!KVarnerDined on 8/12/2014I've been to Acadiana two times in the last three weeks. The food, the presentation, the ambiance are all perfect for a nice meal. The Restaurant Week deal was beyond a bargain....got more than our monies worth. I also like that they have valet parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night of Cajun EleganceLoverOfAllThingsFoodDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful and the drinks are both delicious and unique. Ordering the "Funky Monk" was the best decision. The food was AMAZING. I would highly recommend ordering the “Pan Crisped Roasted Duck” entrée. It was absolutely incredible—and the portion was huge. Their menu is pretty pricey, but hey, it is a restaurant for “fine dining.” If you’re feeling fancy, celebrating something special, or if it’s restaurant week—I would HIGHLY recommend you try Acadiana. You won’t be disappointed.Special Features:
- Not the best cajunMillerzeitDined on 8/12/2014Quite average cajun, they are very modest with the spice levels.
- first timeTomTom1sttimeDined on 8/12/2014I always take advantage of restaurant week and this was perfect for lunch. Service was great even my grandson enjoyed his self. I will definitely come back. Nice menu selection and reasonable prices outside of restaurant week. So glad we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheCulinarianDined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious and the service was great! Nice ambience. The parking is awful, but in DC that's expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% FantasticMizLaurenVIPDined on 8/12/2014From the service to the decor, from taste to value, everything about Acadiana was amazing. Service was friendly, prompt, warm and knowledgeable. Every course was timely and delicious. Louisiana flavors with a fine dining atmosphere. Doesn't get any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cajun diningRocinanthDined on 8/12/2014Definitely in the $$$ range, but really good Cajun cuisine. The gumbo I had for lunch was perfectly seasoned and loaded with seafood. The waiter recommended the pink lemonade fluffy for dessert -- he was spot-on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Booths were kind of small but the food and service were excellent. I will definitely be coming back here.Special Features:
- Our new favorite restaurantmyreviewsDined on 8/11/2014The decor is great. From the second you step in, you feel like you are in for a special treat. I don't even like fish much, but always order it every time I am here, because they prepare it so well that I love it. My boyfriend loves the seafood gumbo. There are always good non-seafood dishes as well. Service has always been superb each of the five times I've been here. The restaurant is unique in encouraging a relaxed yet classy atmosphere.Special Features: