1639 S Wabash
Chicago, IL 60616Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.acadiachicago.com/
- Phone: 3123609500x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sundays 11am-2pm. Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday & Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm. Bar until 11pm. Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - Midnight. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan McCaskey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private dining available for cocktails or seated service. Private and semi-private dining can be available on Mondays and Tuesdays. Please contact Robert M. Diaz for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Robert M. Diaz 3123609500x
- Special Events:
A word from Acadia
The sophisticated, elegant space of Acadia provides a perfect house for the simultaneously contemporary and classic cuisine from Chef McCaskey. Divided into a lounge space, dining room and private dining room, Acadia is comfortable and inviting, with natural elements throughout. Soaring ceilings and colors of warm neutrals, cool grays, chocolate and sage are peppered throughout the minimal space. An open kitchen and wine room reinforce the fact that Acadia is first and foremost about great food and wine, and attention to detail paid to both. A la carte and tasting menus are available, featuring McCaskey's contemporary take on Classic American cuisine. Attentive service, contemporary-classic cocktails and a global wine list round out the offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Acadia - Best Restaurants in South Loop ›
Acadia reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)special occasion (46)romantic (32)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (19)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Pretensions overwhelm enjoymentRegularChicagoDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is my second time at this restaurant and this time was not enjoyable. Last time the staff were informal and properly engaging, this time they were overbearing and presumptuous. The insistence on telling us what and how each dish was made and how it was so special (down to the olives in our martinis) just got in the way of enjoying our dinner. Some of the items were clever concoctions and many were tasty, but the repeated reminders that we should be very impressed by what we were eating fell flat. Wine list was full of mediocre listings at premium prices and exorbitant prices for the few notables. I hope they forgo the pretensions and remember its just a restaurant and there are lots of great places to eat in Chicago.Special Features:
- glutenanddairyfreefoodieDined on 9/12/2014Food was both beautiful and delicious. Would have gotten 5 stars for ambience but I found the dining room quite cold. I am gluten-free, arranged to do the tasting menu in advance, and I didn't feel that i was missing anything -- it was fabulous.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!cookiefiendVIPDined on 8/31/2014From the moment we walked in the door, we were greeted with smiles. We had a lovely brunch, a tomato tart and coddled eggs for me, the lobster Benedict for my husband, and a box of pastries to take home. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceDrilldocDined on 8/24/2014Tried Acadia for the first time this past December and have been back several times ever since. My parents love this restaurant and it's their go-to spot for special occasions.Special Features:
- AmazingAsukaDined on 8/23/2014We went for special dinner with our boss and his wife. The food is delicate and sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific EveningwendyDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good, exceptionally fresh, deliciously prepared and beautifully presented. Fantastic in house sauces and condiments accompany every dish. We each ordered one of the appetizers. All four were outstanding. Wine list featured some of our favorite wines from Northern Italy including an Emilio Bulfon moscato. The serving staff took excellent care of us..Special Features:
- A great find!gastronomeDined on 8/21/2014Excellent dining experience, beautiful presentation, top quality service but not pretentious! I highly recommend the food gras!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MealPeoriaRichDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten at the signature dining spots in Chicago and would put Acadia in that group. It is worth seeking out. The room is very open and warm. Although we had the tasting dinner with wine pairings we also had cocktails. The vodka and in gin were from local small-batch distilleries and were very good. They went well with the amuses. Lovers of creative and original food will not be disappointed by the meal at Acadia. The tasting menu was full of interesting combinations and surprising ingredients. The wine pairing featured varietals and grapes from countries and areas one would not think of as wine-growing off the top of ones head. The 4 hours we spent at dinner were well spent and were still in our minds a week after the dinner.Special Features:
- CuisineChiVisitorDined on 8/2/2014Selected the restaurant based on a combination of proximity to McCormick Place (where our friends stayed) and rating on Urban Spoon. Food was wonderful. Though I was out of my depth, the wait staff did an excellent job of accommodating us, so I enjoyed the experience altogether. Great depth of knowledge among all the staff on the origins of the ingredients, etc. Great attention to not disturbing your repast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeillDined on 7/27/2014Very unpretentious on the outside, you could drive by it easily without noticiing it, but once inside a superb restaurant in every respect. We went there for brunch, our first time, and each of the four of us raved about it. The Acadia Bloody Mary is a must. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Confirmed outstandingSguandalDined on 7/25/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant. It fully confirmed the highly positive remarks I did for my first one. Menu is quite limited in choices, evidently the results of relying on freshly available ingredients and of focusing more on quality than on quantity. And quality is all that this place is about: perfectly created flavors, artistically presented dishes, carefully selected and assorted components. The dessert wine-dessert pairing suggested for the third and final dish was a match made in heaven: Emilio Buofon Moscate Rosa paired with plum tart. Were the portions small? Yes, but you come here for an unforgettable meal of unsurpassed quality, not to get stuffed. And you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experienceBobyDined on 7/18/2014The finest cuisine. Very innovative and delicious . Very fine service but a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant surprise!GregVIPDined on 7/16/2014It was such a pleasant surprise to find a restaurant as wonderful as Arcadia hidden in a non-descript storefront just blocks from our South Loop condo. We must have passed it hundreds of times without noticing it, but we are so glad we finally discovered it. The service is attentive. The food, innovative and excellent. The portions of some of the dishes are small, which didn't bother us though it might bother people for whom quantity is the most important part of a dish.Special Features:
- Great food in peaceful setting60somethingfoodieDined on 7/11/2014Our group of four had no trouble enjoying conversation throughout the meal, no loud music or crowded room. The portions were large enough to enjoy and still feel comfortable after the meal. Every dish was flavourful and thoughtfully composed with a variety of textures and colors as well as tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerfood4thoughtDined on 6/28/2014We dined here based on the recommendation of friends and were definitely not disappointed. The menu was wide ranging and the wine list had something for everyone. Dishes are not huge but we left fully satisfied. We always prefer quality to quantity and this fitted our taste exactly. We shared the appetizers and desserts simply to get a broader selection of what's available - the tastes were fantastic. Clientele ranged across the ages and everyone seemed to be impressed by the selection. Many guests appear to choose the tasting menu but we picked from the a-la-carte list and loved the meal. Service was very professional with the level of attention that is appreciated without being overbearingly intrusive. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Acadia - Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/27/2014Acadia did not disappoint our party of four on our first visit there. Each dish we tried was memorable and beautifully plated. The service was nicely choreographed, without being smothering. The space is spare and modern, but not cold. Several amuse-bouches added that little something special to the dinner. One dish that stood out was the Stonington Lobster "Pie", consisting of spring onion, pommes dauphine, favas, oyster mushrooms, thumbelina, bisque, sour cream pastry. The lobster bisque was incredible. We ordered a-la-carte because the only tasting menu offered was 12 courses. If they had offered a 5 or 7 course menu, we would have done it - but our reservation was too late to do so many courses. We'll reserve earlier next time!Special Features:
- Celebrated a birthdayakirelouiseVIPDined on 6/22/2014Top of my list of places to celebrate a special occasion in Chicago! Food was outstanding, service was very accommodating and the wine list is incredible!Special Features:
- good but not worth itd10is13Dined on 6/14/2014The place was nice.bbthe service was excellent. The food was good. I've had better but that's a matter of preference. My main complaint is the value. $150 and you leave very hungry. I also think for a restaurant this expensive, parking should be included.Special Features:
- Very Pricey But GoodBethDined on 6/14/2014We went here for my son's graduation- he is a foodie but I am not. I ate a lot of things I never eat (some of which I thought I didn't even like) and enjoyed all of them.We had the ten course tasting menu- all of the portions are tiny so you don't overeat but I wasn't hungry at the end of the meal either. You also have to allow 3 1/2 hours to eat. Though it was an adventurous choice for me and I enjoyed the experience it is definitely a place I won't go again any time soon because I can't afford to.Special Features:
- MegRSR25VIPDined on 6/10/2014Wow! Really wonderful and creative. The dining room is striking and lovely.Special Features:
- Great PlaceMikeBikerVIPDined on 6/8/2014This is a great place to come in the South Loop area for a unique dining experience. The tasting menu option is the best way to go to sample a wide array of offerings. Really love the tiny biscuits that pack a lot of flavor into a few bites. It is quite a filling tasting menu as well. I think this place often flies under the radar of dining option because it is not in the main Loop area. Will go back a few times a year.Special Features:
- DisappointingThomasDined on 6/7/2014Compared to other restaurants in this price bracket, I expected more from Acadia. We arrived early, but were not seated until 20 minutes after our 8.45pm reservation. Our table was seated right on a gap in the cushions of the bench seat; uncomfortable, we moved ourselves to another table. The tables were right under an AC vent (which was set far too low). The tasting menu started well, but was too inconsistent to be a success. The lobster bisque was excellent, the tuna was good, and a dish was black lava salt was interesting. The rest were forgettable, with too many terrines, pates and cold purees. The foie gras course was a waste. By midnight, we were bored and frustrated. The staff tried, but were let down by the kitchen.
- ElegantBroseVIPDined on 6/1/2014Every time we travel to Chicago we reserve a table because the dining experience is always outstanding. From curated cocktails to the fine dining this place makes for a special evening. Lobster pot pie is stellar. Foie gras and risotto appetizers were terrific. Wine markup is high but choices are quite good. The orchestrated service is a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretentiousness personifiedhavedinnerbeforeVIPDined on 5/31/2014Having eaten at wonderful global gastronomic spots, including excellent restaurants in Chicago, I was almost offended by the microscopic portions and salty food and prices of this place. The coffee was cold, the dessert was passable. Would never come back. Worst experience I have had ina while.
- AmazingYummyDined on 5/31/2014Very creative thoughtful use of ingredients, perfectly executedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/31/2014Zagat is usually spot on but they totally missed the boat on this one.Special Features:
- Artistic Dining.gourmetfoodieDined on 5/31/2014The food here is excellent. The portions are small, so if you are a person who likes having a big steak with mashed potatoes, don't go here! The dishes are beautifully designed. My first course arrived on a large plate with the ingredients strewn along the side of the dish. I thought the waiter would return with something to fill the large, empty portion of the plate. But no, this was an artistic arrangement; the major portion of the dish was empty because it was supposed to be! It's definitely an experience to dine here, but you won't want to return very often unless you want to lose weight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small proportion--Nearly all fatFredskiDined on 5/25/2014I ordered the Indiana rabbit. The piece of rabbit was a little bigger than a quarter in diameter and 3/4 of an inch thick. Worse yet, it was two thirds fat, so I consumed two small bites of rabbit.
- Fancy but relaxedJoeVVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food here was delicious but the real story here is the service which is superb. I go to a lot of restaurants and rarely comment but the wait staff was so perfectly attentive, charming, and perfectly timed that the whole experience was elevated. They know how to put their guests at ease and made phenomenal recommendations. But the food too...wonderful, inventive and flavorful. My friend and I ordered a la carte but when I go back, the tasting menu is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago holiday tripSFsteveDined on 5/24/2014A wonderful experience overall but it will cost you $$$$$. Kudos to the staff! Plan to return to dine on a future trip to Chicago.Special Features:
- The following 591 reviews are from the Acadia reviews archive.
- Outstanding in every respect.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/22/2014We celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary and the entire experience was wonderful. Sublime food & superb service in every respect. We put Acadia up with the very best dining experiences we have had at any price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mealJLDCEOVIPDined on 5/20/2014Acadia is a destination restaurant. The highlight for me was the desserts but all the food was great.
- Foodies will enjoywpdeurVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great 12 course sampling menu...inventive and delisiousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A for AcadiaKinmontfreshDined on 5/16/2014It was a wonderful restaurant for a very personalized meal. We took our European partners, also foodies, and every one of them (despite being French :-)) was very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot wait to returnSloopdinersDined on 5/15/2014My wife and I spent our 37th anniversary at Acadia. We live in the South Loop, are "foodies", and saved a visit for our special occasion. Absolutely exceeded our expectations in all areas. We dined ala carte but will definitely return for the tasting menu, and to spend casual evening in the bar. We have been to most every highly rated Chicago restaurant and Acadia is right there in the top 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/11/2014Sophisticated yet casual feel. Refined service but also friendly. Delicious food, well platedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellenthondacivicsiDined on 5/10/2014The reviews online do not do justice for this one, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudtheostVIPDined on 5/10/2014Great food, wine options, and service. The space itself needs some serious sound engineering. There wasn't that many people there but one could hear everyone else in the room loud and clear.Special Features:
- outstanding experiencemargo12Dined on 5/3/2014we did the tasting menu and one of the group asked for a seafood tasting menu, and it was all fantastic. the wine list is very flexible and reasonably priced, and the service is top-notch. this is a great dining experience and we would consider ourselves foodies and wine-ys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surely one of Chicago's very bestSguandalDined on 5/3/2014If money is not a problen (the place is by no means cheap!!), then this is where you want to hold a special occasion dinner. All is superb and exquisitely presented. Service is impeccable yet warm and friendly. A culinary delight. True, portions are small - just a tad larger would be heaven! - but even so you eat all right as you should get plenty of courses. And in any case, you do come here for quality (and grwat quality you get!) Not quantitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.