Acacia of Lawrenceville
2637 Main Street
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Acacia of Lawrenceville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.acacianj.com/
- Phone: 6098959885
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm- close, Saturday, Sunday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Acacia of Lawrenceville
Our passion for inventive American cuisine is matched only for our passion for using the freshest, local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Acacia of Lawrenceville - Best Restaurants in Lawrenceville ›
Acacia of Lawrenceville reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (16)romantic (15)great for lunch (14)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- MortDined on 9/11/2014Hadn't been to Acacia for five years. It has gone downhill. It was extremely noisy, flies all over the place, brusque waitresses, chipped plates, and silverware with knicks and sharp edges. The food was less than mediocre: chicken overcooked and dry; the salad was not fresh; and the ice cream had been in the freezer too long and was just ice chips with no flavor. It was also very noisy, though there were very few people. This place needs a new manager!!!!
- Wonderful Experience!BobbyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We hadn't been to Acacia in several years and we won't wait that long to go again! We had a wonderful window table and excellent service. For appetizers, I had the heirloom tomato salad which was superb and my husband had the grilled octopus which was excellent. For the main course, I had the Griggstown Brick chicken which was delicious. My husband had the pasta special which was a fra diavalo seafood which was perfectly seasoned, just spicy enough to give it a great taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better.WannabeFoodieDined on 8/22/2014From the appetizer through the dessert, it was a wonderful dinning experience. A quiet and romantic atmosphere set the stage. The subtly of flavors combined with bold concepts made for an unforgettable meal. I had the Kobe meatball appetizer special and they were literally the best meatballs I've ever had. Everything else my girlfriend and I had was off the regular menu and delicious. She'd never been to Acacia before although I have and she still talks about the restaurant to her friends now, a couple weeks later. They definitely made me her hero.Special Features:
- Excellent foodHombreHambrientoDined on 8/21/2014To celebrate my 21st wedding anniversary, I decided to use OpenTable to pick a restaurant for this special day. Although I usually use Yelp, I decided to book at Acacia because it was close and available, and it was one of the best meals I have had in years. We started with salads. Mine was the Heirloom tomato and my wife's was the Green Papaya. Both were fatastic. Our Entrees were prepared with care. I had the Pork Ribeye, which was so tender, you could cut it with a butter knife, and my wife had the Ahi Tuna, which she said was wonderful. For dessert, I had the Chocolate Peanut butter pyramid and she had the Creme Brulee that were both fantastic. The coffee was not fresh, but the entire evening was fabulaous. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Perfection in PrincetonIranmnVIPDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful food, great service! A wonderful experience every time we goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DiningwineanddineVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food continues to excel under the new chef. Dining here 2 or 3 times a month, I have noticed some very nice changes to the menu that include the ingredients and the preparation, as well as the choices. This restaurant, which I thought pretty good for many years, is certainly now on my short list of the best BYOB places in Mercer County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Lawrenceville.mafalzonDined on 8/1/2014I grew up in Lawrenceville, and the small town isn't much known for vibrant Cuisine. Acacia does a good job of introducing local product while preserving the big city flavors of just 60 miles north of here. Prices are affordable, and it's worth taking a detour if you're passing through Route one.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceGeomanVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a Friday reservation and the restaurant was very quiet when we arrived, but filled quickly . The salads and entrees were excellent , service was great and well timed, the kitchen executed perfectly , no glitches at all. One of the best BYOBs we've been to in the area .Special Features:
- LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 7/11/2014Three nice courses from the power menu were delicious. The cauliflower soup was excellent, as well as the monkfish, which I have had before, and both made a great combination for a summer lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014The new owner are doing a great job. Definitely good menu. Well prepared.Special Features:
- overweightdinnerVIPDined on 6/20/2014Our first visit under the new owner/chef was a pleasant experience. Plating and composition were excellent. Food could use a bit more assertive seasonings. Seemed like every dish had one of the new 'in grains' as an accompaniment-maybe overkill. We will give it some time before a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 6/20/2014We have been dining at Acacia for more many years and this was perhaps one of our best experiences. Bread: extraordinary Soup: unusual but delicious (English pea soup) Salad: fresh, crisp with excellent salad dressing Entrees: filling Tea: replenished Sadly, no room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Crab cakesLionmbDined on 6/11/2014Delicious crab cakes and salmon. The Asian pear salad was also very large and very good. Chef Chris came out to talk with us and it was a very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Delicious DiningwineanddineVIPDined on 6/6/2014One of the best meals that I've had here (and that includes many). The English pea soup and monkfish made a perfect spring meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationKimboDined on 5/31/2014The food was tasty and the service was fine and accommodating but the prices are out of this world expensive. Beyond local town run business expense; crazy expensive. Luckily it's a BYOB. They were accommodating to the children by making them a bowl of pasta but it barely had 15 noodles in the bowl and only a dab of butter sauce. And all that for $9.00. Dessert was nothing special actually overally sweet. Dinner was delicious -we had the special but again insane pricing. Due to the pricing it's not a place you can frequent often.Special Features:
- Acacia has it all!PattyDined on 5/30/2014This is a great place to have lunch and dinner with family and friends. The food and service never disappoints. The staff provides friendly service to small and large groups I highly recommend Acacia for a dinner for two or for a celebration of a special event!Special Features:
- The following 144 reviews are from the Acacia of Lawrenceville reviews archive.
- Good FoodSKYBLUEDined on 5/17/2014Food was good, I had duck and my husband had the NY strip, both were great. We had shrimp and grit for appetizer, it was OK. The grit was just different that what we usually have.Special Features:
- UnremarkablehardsellDined on 4/29/2014For a rainy Tuesday night, not unexpectedly, it was pretty quiet, only 5 other tables. Yet, the service was slow. Not sure if it was because there were only two servers or the kitchen was understaffed. Menu offerings were quite different from the online menu, which is not a tragedy but disappointing when the menu was rather limited. Pear salad was very nice, brisket just ordinary. Dining partner's beet risotto was unremarkable. Previous visits were much more enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Friday LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 4/11/2014I made an excellent lunch on the black bean soup and the pork loin special. The meat was perfectly prepared and absolutely tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed resultsJerseyGirlVIPDined on 3/28/2014beet terrine - beautiful and delicious house salad - fresh, but looks like something you get at a diner fish special - perfect vegetarian selection - undercooked vegetables, missing wild mushrooms, sauce too sweet, button mushrooms added when mentioned, but they seem to think the customer can't tell the difference between a trumpet and a button mushroomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, but noisy.LocalResidentDined on 3/22/2014We enjoy Acacia occasionally, but never for a romantic, quiet evening out. The food is interesting, tasty and somewhat eclectic. But the acoustic aren't good and even though the restaurant was only half full, the noise level was annoying. We were at a small table crammed in next to a noisy party, and so left for dessert and coffee elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 3/14/2014Came in for a later lunch (2 pm) and found a quieter dining experience after some larger parties left. All in all, it was great food and great service without being rushed through the meal and the wine that I bought. It was a very nice way to end the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decidedly AverageJA1956Dined on 3/8/2014We last visited this restaurant when it was new, which was about 20 years ago. I recall thinking it was good at the time, but clearly we weren't blown away since we've never left the area but also never returned until last weekend. We won't be rushing back. We dined on a Saturday night at 8 pm. The place was about half full. I had a mixed grill special that I asked to be prepared medium rare. The duck was the right temperature, but the lamb and the beef were overdone. My wife had a salmon dish that is on the menu. It was prepared as she requested but in hindsight she probably erred asking for it medium rare; salmon tends to need more cooking. Overall, while nothing was particularly bad, it also wasn't good enough to get us to return.
- an enjoyable Birthday dinnergloriaDined on 3/8/2014We took our adult children and their partners to Acacia on a sat. night at 6 PM for a birthday dinner.We had a very friendly waitress and the food was overall delicious. Appetizers for the table were outstanding. We were rushed to order dinner too quickly without a reason. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their dinners which were presented beautifully. My order for sesame tuna came with scalloped sweet potatoes and asparagus. Unhappily, the meal was cool, even the potatoes & the tuna a little mushy. Desserts were absolutely fabulous! They did create a happy Birthday plate in chocolate drizzle which was very nice. I would definitely go back. This restaurant is expensive but offset by being a BYOB. Worth another trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Quality ExperienceJudyWVIPDined on 2/22/2014Our party of four booked an early table at Acacia prior to a Saturday evening concert at McCarter Theatre. We were seated promptly in a lovely corner table with additional cushions for comfort and back support. The service was very attentive without being excessive. Our appetizers of shrimp bisque and tuna tartar were quite tasty. The wild boar shank was a hit with the meat eaters in our group and the seared muscovy duck was perfectly done. The fish special was tasty, but not outstanding. The plate of three chocolate desserts was plenty for four to share and each one was delicious. A wonderful meal was enjoyed by all!Special Features:
- Lunch at AcaciawineanddineVIPDined on 2/21/2014I always enjoy my lunches (and the occasional dinner) at Acacia. I've found the soups and entrees always well-prepared and always very good to outstanding in their quality and originality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening as alwaysPhDTigressVIPDined on 2/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Acacia. We knew that it would be the perfect place for that occasion. The setting is intimate, the service is attentive and professional, and the cuisine is outstanding. We shared a tasty goat cheese and beet terrine to start, My husband enjoyed succulent short ribs. I almost never order chicken in a restaurant, but I was intrigued by the prosciutto-wrapped breast of chicken. The portion was generous and the flavor was delicious. A diner simply could not go wrong at Acacia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's date nightNicoleDined on 2/14/2014The food was amazing but while our waiter was polite he wasn't very attentive. The menu is not overwhelming and don't forget it's a BYOB. The noise did get loud at times but we were seated at a small table so we were still able to hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeIranmnVIPDined on 2/8/2014This was our first visit to Acacia. The table was ready as soon as we arrived. The service was attentive without being overbearing. The food was outstanding my wife and I had the Duck on the menu . It was delicious . The specials pricing was in line with the menu which I like for obvious reasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent mealMartyDined on 2/7/2014We've been here many times and, once again, Acacia did not disappoint us. Great food, well-prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish LunchMamaDinerDined on 1/29/2014I have dined twice now for lunch at Acacia and the food and service were excellent both times. The first time was around Christmas and the restaurant was hopping and noisy. The second time was in January and the restaurant was quieter. However, no matter how many diners both times the service was excellent and attentive and the food was unique and delicious. My first time I had a duck confit wrap and the second time mushroom soup (which hit the spot in 16 degree weather) and wild mushroom quesadilla. As my dining partner said about the soup "can we lick the bowl." I would recommend this restaurant most definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not returning in foreseeable futureDanNYDined on 1/18/2014We had to wait 20 minutes to be seated while the hostess seated a party the same size who arrived much later than us almost immediately. We were seated close to the door, which was opened repeatedly, usually by waiters carrying chairs in and out of the restaurant, and gusts of cold air came into the restaurant. My wife and daughter had to put on their overcoats! After we ordered, it took at least 50 minutes for the food to come. The waitress did not keep us posted and was inattentive. When we ordered dessert, she returned to tell my daughter that they were out of what she ordered, then didn't return to get her second choice until she brought the beverages. Generally slow / inattentive service marred our dinner at an expensive restaurant.
- Excellent BYOBclicketyclackVIPDined on 1/12/2014We were immediately impressed with the inventiveness of the appetizer, a crispy egg roll filled with a kind-of souffle of sweet potato and grilled portabella mushrooms. The acidity of the mushrooms countered the creamy and light marscapone-type sauce perfectly. Very good. The escarole salads were well blended and tasty. A little heavy on the dressing for my taste, but my wife loved hers. The prosciutto-wrapped chicken breast and the sesame crusted ahi tuna were classically done. I would expect that as much care would be taken with any of the entrees. The entrees we chose pared perfectly with the wine we brought, so all-in-all it was a delightful experience and one we regret not having had sooner.Special Features:
- A very good lunch on somewineanddineVIPDined on 12/27/2013A very good lunch on some seasonal, holiday items: loster & seafood bisque soup and a nice piece of lightly salted cod. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favoritePhDTigressVIPDined on 12/12/2013I've written numerous reviews on Acacia, so I won't go into details, except to say that, as always, the welcome and service were superb and the menu and prices were excellent. The friends who joined us drove there from Princeton, where there are many restaurants, because Acacia is their favorite as well.Special Features:
- Surprisingly quiet on SaturdaydinnerDined on 11/30/2013Surprisingly quiet on Saturday night after Thanksgiving. Food very good. Appetizers and dinner served very quickly almost too quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent ChoicewineanddineVIPDined on 11/8/2013Always 4+ stars for food and service. I can visit several times a month and never concern myself that it will ever be less than great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulDonnieDined on 11/2/2013My daughter had given my wife and I a restaurant gift certificate and Acacia was one of the restaurants on the list. We had never heard of it before but figured we would give it a try. Halfway into the meal, my wife and I agreed that this was now our favorite restaurant. The décor was elegant, it gave a romantic atmosphere and the service was handled quite professionally. In addition, everyone was friendly, without going over the top. They made you feel that you were the only guests in the restaurant. We have been there several times since and have brought friends along as well. Everyone has thanked us for making them aware of this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Friday LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 10/18/2013This was a great way to end the week with a lunch at Acacia. This is a restaurant that I value for it's dependable, high qualiy food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three old friends dine togethernonicknameVIPDined on 10/16/2013Three old friends dine together twice a year and we linger. Our very attentive waitress never hovered and we were made to feel very welcome. The food was delicious -- from appetizer to dessert "to go." Excellent value as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.