Acacia - NY
371 New York Ave
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Acacia - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.acaciali.com/
- Phone: 6319232299x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday, Sunday 5-10pm
Friday- Saturday 5-11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Acacia - NY
Acacia is a fine dining experience leaning toward seafood. The menu caters to fish eaters with salmon, tuna and scallops made to perfection by Executive chef Matthew Maxwell and also boasts 10 different varieties of mussels as a house specialty. For the non sea searching individuals there is a an organic free range chicken and steak lovers can enjoy the filet mignon or sirloin center cuts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acacia - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (21)late-night find (17)special occasion (15)romantic (12)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Has potentialapplefigDined on 9/24/2014It's nice to have a place like this in Huntington. It's casual and if you like a pot of mussels, they definitely can deliver. We started by sharing a simple but enjoyable beet salad. The chef doesn't mess around, delivering a generous pot of mussels slathered in a wide choice of sauces and accoutrements! Digging through can be a bit of a challenge - a ladle was delivered along with the pot, but with no bowl or plate to pour into, not really useful. The crusty bread was perfect for soaking up some of the more than ample sauce. So come ready to dive in with your hands and you should have a good time. A moist towel after the meal would have been an excellent touch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SuzyDined on 9/20/2014Best mussels on Long Island. Pumpkin ravioli was outstanding. The crab cake was filled with "lump crab" like it should be. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine with GrouponlimamaDined on 9/19/2014We had a dinner with Groupon discount on Friday night. Seated immediately, nice table, charming server. Wine- rather unremarkable, would not have it again. Mussels- Acacia's Best sounded like a good choice, but everything was too much- salty, too thick and fatty sauce, lobster pieces overcooked. Main Entree- still salty, small portions but lovely presentation. Dessert (not part of the deal)- nice version of apple strudel. Overall- without discount we would not return, with another deal we might give it another shot.Special Features:
- Pre showleekDined on 9/14/2014Great food, so- so service, had to ask for the pre show discount But overall we would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love mussels....Niteout631Dined on 9/13/2014If you love mussels and are willing to share, you should try this place. They have approx 15 different types of mussels pots. We went with the servers recommendation...most notable was the "Acacia Best"...It was awesome. Overall, it's similar to WaterZooi in Garden City but closer to home in Suffolk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but very noisyluvnewplacesDined on 9/13/2014Food good, well-prepared, nice presentation, good portions; too much salt in many of the dishes, though. VERY loud atmosphere, hard to have a conversation (Saturday evening). Would try it again at a quieter time (not sure when that would be).I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingConcertlover2Dined on 9/13/2014The service and food was superb The mussels are out of this world We will not be able to have mussels anyplace else now We are coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Service = Great DinnerWhere2eatDined on 9/13/2014An early Saturday dinner reservation (5pm) for 4, we were greeted by friendly staff and seated immediately. Our waiter came right over, was very helpful and checked on us frequently. We started with Cioppino Mussel Pots, which were excellent. Our entrees were beautifully presented. We ordered yellow fin tuna, scallops and filet mignon - all were delicious. We were not rushed and the noise level was not too loud to interfere with our table conversation. I highly recommend Acacia for a worthwhile dinner out. Tip: Check Groupon for deals.Special Features:
- TazenkerDined on 9/12/2014Great food service and ambiance. Pots of mussels are large and there are multiple seasoningsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious/Friendly/AttentiveSusanDined on 9/10/2014Acacia"s Best Mussel Pot was outstanding; food was delicious; great restaurant right in the heart of townSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodSuenJoeVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Mussel Pots were excellent! We would definitely recommend them! Appetizers were also fabulous. But dessert wasn't worth the cost.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Spencer48VIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was great.... The mussel pots are so interesting. Loved the bouillabaisse. The filet was delicious... Nice atmosphere and the staff could not be more eager to please. I definitely recommend dining here.Special Features:
- etpokiebirdDined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed all the items we ordered. Fresh crab cakes were flavorful. Loved the rock shrimp. They gave us a big portion. The Mussel Pot was unique in flavorings. Martini had a kick to it, Pear martini had a round pear ball at the bottom of the glass that was tasty. Will go back.Special Features:
- Mussle Pots YUMyummyinmytummyDined on 9/5/2014Everyone in my party ordered various middle pots and they were all amazing. HUGE mussles, had left overs for the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyDrewpresDined on 9/5/2014We did this dining through a prepaid Groupon which incuded two glasses of wine, one mussel pot to share and two entrees. Everything we ate was delicious, including the Loiusiana Mussel Pot...plenty to share, the grilled scallop entree and NY Strip Steak, All were prepared perfectly, tasty, and very generous portions. Service was very attentive. Seating is a bit cumbersome...both the front and rear dining areas are separated by a large bar, so although the food is good, the overall "appearance " of the restuarant seems to surround the large center bar as its focal point. Very limited entree slections. Probablty only about 7 items on the entree dinner menu, so while it had the usual staples, not too many other entrees to get excited about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantLprillVIPDined on 9/2/2014Went specifically for the mussel pots and they did not disappoint! The fries were done to perfection and made a great side. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!JilMil814Dined on 8/31/2014Mussel pots are amazing and absolutely delicious. Everything was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 8/30/2014This was our first visit, had a reservation for a four top and were seated right away. Both the food and service made for a great evening. The music was a perfect fit for us as well. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!Vance215Dined on 8/23/2014The place is great. Mussels were amazing. Great special drinks along with a great menu. Only complaint was it felt a little rushed. But wouldn't take anything against them for it-it was a Saturday night after allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Struck Down By Service27EastDined on 8/23/2014Energetic dining spot in the heart of Huntington. Unfortunately, we had a server for whom it was her first day. Needless to say, the service was deplorable. As for the food, we consider Acacia the place to go when you have a craving for mussels. Particularly enjoy the Fra Diablo and Louisiana offerings. However, we also enjoy bread to soak up the savory sauce. By the time bread was delivered we were more than 3/4 done with meal. Our bottle of wine took 1/2 to deliver and water glasses were never refilled, nor were plates delivered on time with the food. I would imagine that the owner/manager was not there and the staff was running amok.Special Features:
- caraVIPDined on 8/23/2014I purchased a groupon for my husbands birthday and wasn't able to make it within the alotted time frame , the manager Liza who alot of people think is just the hostess went above and beyond in extending the time to my convienance. It was awesome and i recommend it to anyone and everyone who wants great service and to be treated exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!foodieDined on 8/22/2014Definitely one of the best places in Huntington Great service food and ambience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazingLaurenDined on 8/19/2014Tried Acacia for the first time and we will DEFINITELY be back. The mussel put was out of this world and the dinner was delicious as well! Can't wait to come back and try a different mussel pot.Special Features:
- Very uneven experienceHuntingtonNativeDined on 8/17/2014The food is outstanding. The three other people I dined with loved the mussel pots. They ordered the Acacia's Best and Provençal, but you have another dozen or so from which to choose. Plenty of artisan bread is provided to soak up the delicious broths/sauces. I had the lobster bisque, which was delicious and had chunks of lobster meat. The menu is limited, but has enough choices within the salads, appetizers, and entrées for everyone, along with the aforementioned mussels. BUT. I ordered organic chicken. Our server waited over an hour to inform me that the kitchen was out of it. It took TWO HOURS to get our entrées. We had to remind her repeatedly about our wine orders and water refills. Sunday night - not busy - WHY??Special Features:
- Hidden gem!!CincydeeDined on 8/13/2014We saw a groupon deal for this restaurant but we were not familiar with it so we went online and looked at the menu. We we so happy to see the mussel pots being offered so we decided to give it a try. We are soo happy we did! Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly! The mussels were large, plentiful, fresh and yum is all i can say. We cant wait to go back and try every mussel pot!! The restarant has such a cool vibe too! Did I mention how good the filet mignon and salmon was??? Wow!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Mussel PotsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The Mussel Pots were amazing. Make sure you get a basket full of bread because you are going to want to dip some in the amazing broth. OUr entree's were delicious too. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. It was our first time there and I would definitely go back again. I would love to try all the varieties of Mussel Pots because they all sounded amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The menu was limited, however, my choice: lobster bisque and salmon were amazing. The waitress was knowledgeable re food and wine. Service also fast. The only thing we didn't like was the noise level. Sat next to large group and they were very loud.Special Features:
- Great mussels and happy hourredfox85Dined on 8/8/2014Happy hour prices from 4-9 at bar. Great mussels. Will be back! Opentable reservation makes it easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acacia, NYAnnieDellaQDined on 7/25/2014This spot is in the heart of Huntington. Nice choice for dating couples. Tables near the street added ambiance to our evening. Had Mussel Pot, it was good. I would recommend Mussels. Bread on the table was good and came immediately. The accompanying side of rice was a small portion for $ 8..., could have been larger portion for the price. Wine at $10/glass could have been more generous portion as well. Overall service was very good, friendly and attentive. My opinion is that Acacia could improve on their food portion sizes for sides compared to the price. On a Friday night... an enjoyable dinner and view of NY Ave.Special Features:
- For Mussel headsFoodsterDined on 7/12/2014Mussel Pots filled with the biggest Mussels I've ever eaten. Lots of different flavor choices--I had the coconut/curry. Delish! Service was good, too. We were a group of four pretty picky eaters and everyone enjoyed their meal. Will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- FoodJohn1961Dined on 7/12/2014The desert was disappointing ,apple strudel shoud be hot and crispy,the mussel pot was pretty good but lacked flavor needed more brothSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worstRyneVIPDined on 6/28/2014We went on a Saturday at 8 pm and it was half empty. Bread came immediately but it was at least 10 minutes until water arrived, even longer until our waitress introduced herself. We ordered a mussel pot of white wine and one with Thai broth. The white wine sauce tasted like onion, some mussels tasted bad and many did not open. The Thai sauce was coconut milk, no trace of lemongrass or curry. We asked a server for more bread and did not receive so we asked three more times, each time with a different server, over the next 20 minutes. No manager came to apologize for the slow service, incorrect food items and our server never asked why we didn't eat our food. We wanted to leave so badly and it was clear this place would be gone soon.
- cute findLorraineMVIPDined on 6/26/2014Lunch was good but not to much to chose from for gluten free people but going to try the night scene there on Saturday nights with music and dancingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope you like noiseFoodieVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was generally good and the wait staff was very friendly. We were there on a Saturday night and the noise level was crazy. I could barely have a conversation with the people at our table. This detracted severely from my dining experience and will keep me from rushing back.
- Acacia restaurantmeryl57Dined on 6/21/2014Loved everything about this restaurant except for the noise level. It was hard to even hold a conversation with the person sitting next to me. The food and service were wonderful and definitely worth a trip back. We had a lot of trouble finding parking in the town but the restaurant was kind enough to hold our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Acacia - NY reviews archive.
- Acacia Flexes It's Mussels27EastDined on 5/24/2014Recently visited with friends in celebration of our anniversary. Once diners began to fill in, the noise level was exceptionally high. Our server made up for the noise with her excellent service and recommendations. The mussel pots we tried, particularly the Fra Diablo and Louisiana stlye, were quite good, while our 3rd pot with lobster left us wanting more from this more expensive option. All in all, the dining experience was good, but the competition in Huntington is stiff, so the bar is always set higher. Hopefully, Acacia, like a fine wine, will improve with time.Special Features:
- Could be good, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/24/2014They definitely need to improve on some things. Hopefully that will come with time. I read a few reviews stating they felt rushed, I figured people were just being picky, but it is certainly a trend. Mains came out while the table was still halfway through the appetizers. Rather than recognizing this and waiting to bring out the plates, they served them and just pushed our app plates over to make room for the entree plate. Mussels were a bit large (we were forewarned by the server), but sauce was tasty (we ordered Provençal). Tuna was nicely done raw, but some tough spots. Scallops were on the smaller size and came with no sides, a bit of a rip off at $30, even for Huntington. Wine list was limited. Nice space though, hopefully gets better.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014Our meal was very good, all four of us had the mussel pots. Unfortunately, the service was terrible. It took the waitress over a half hour to take our leftover mussels to be wrapped and come back with a check. We asked her twice to wrap up. We signaled for the maître d but he was oblivious. There were only 6 tables seated so we had no idea what the hold up was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectcarrottopDined on 5/21/2014Three of us recently dined here, early, after a Cinema Arts matinee. We had a 5:00 reservation, so practically had the place to ourselves. The service was friendly, attentive and our server really knew the menu. The food was outstanding...we each enjoyed a different mussel pot as well as sharing the classic caesar salad and a prosciutto-stuffed-with-dates appetizer. For dessert the creme brûlée was superb! The menu is quite unique, beautifully prepared and presented. The experience made dining out a special treat.Special Features:
- LuvtoeatVIPDined on 5/15/2014We ordered the mussels in the Thai sauce. The sauce was very good, but unfortunately the mussels were sandy. We also ordered the soft shell crabs with a side of broccoli. The crabs were good, but we never received the broccoli. I found this strange because we were the only people in the place eating dinner and it wasn't the server's fault. The kitchen needs to get it together. It was 7pm on a Thursday night in Huntington and the place was dead