Acacia - NY
371 New York Ave
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Acacia - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.acaciali.com/
- Phone: (631) 923-2299
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday, Sunday 5-10pm
Friday- Saturday 5-11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Acacia - NY
Acacia is a fine dining experience leaning toward seafood. The menu caters to fish eaters with salmon, tuna and scallops made to perfection by Executive chef Matthew Maxwell and also boasts 10 different varieties of mussels as a house specialty. For the non sea searching individuals there is a an organic free range chicken and steak lovers can enjoy the filet mignon or sirloin center cuts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Acacia - NY - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Acacia - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (28)special occasion (22)romantic (19)late-night find (16)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- MusselsjoeeeeeyDined on 11/23/2014Greatest mussel pots around, scallops and steaks were outstandingSpecial Features:
- avoid, the service is poor and it's very noisySkanddfVIPDined on 11/15/2014Felt rushed. They brought out the main course while we were still eating our appetizers. The waitress kept interrupting us as we talked, never said excuse me. The food is good but not great. The menu is very limited.
- Concert lover 2Concertlover2Dined on 11/11/2014It's our place now for before concerts at the paramount The mussels are the best! Maria is exceptionally attentive acacia never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankieDined on 11/9/2014An outstanding place to go for terrific food and service.Special Features:
- Too BadCrash0605VIPDined on 11/8/2014This was our second time here. It was my wife's birthday and she asked to eat here. The first time the restaurant was half empty and we had a pleasant experience. This time the place was at full capacity - seating and bar. The noise level was so incredibly overwhelming that although we again found the food to be very good, we did not enjoy ourselves. I've experienced this before and it's the unfortunate result of poor acoustic design, nonetheless, having to raise our voices to be heard or be jolted by other patrons shouting at ridiculous volume levels makes for an experience we do not want to chance repeating unless the owners choose to redesigned the space. I hear they do some live music there. Can't imagine that sound experience Too bad.
- Eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014The service was slow, with confused wait staff. The mussels were our least favorite dish...and they were sandy. Many of the online menu items were not offered on the menu that night.Special Features:
- 3 starsDdineDined on 11/7/2014We were a party of 5 and picked this resturant for dinner on a Friday night . The atmosphere was inviting and had a nice vibe going on. There was no wait and the hostess sat us down after the Five of us arrived. The waitress was wonderful and the booth seating was very comfortable. Unfortunately the food was just " okay " . This place has a lot going for it but it's not # 1 in Huntington village as per trip advisor. There are other choices in the village for a great meal. Sorry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't miss itjanieVIPDined on 10/31/2014wow! "Acacia's best " mussel pot was excellent, as was everything else we ordered. Can't go wrong eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bellenVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great place - food was outstanding - mussel pots selections were the best!! Our server was very helpful.....would definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not GreatSJF1Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I shared a Mussel Pot and a Salmon dish. Both were good but not great. Service was friendly and professional. As Huntington has so many restaurants, I will try other restaurants before going back to Acacia.
- amazing mussel potshealthyinHuntingtonDined on 10/25/2014The Tuscan mussel pot has a just right salty and flavorful sauce. I only wish I had used the ladle earlier to drench my mussels in the ample sauce on the bottom. My daughter's marina mussels also had plump mussels with delicious chunks of tomatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotMattyDined on 10/24/2014Great mussel pots with outstanding steaks will recommend this place to anyone who loves food the scallops were a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fineLIfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Overall pretty good. The muscles were amazing, maybe the best we've ever had. Entrees were also good. Service started a bit slow but improved thru the meal. Ambience seems trendy but seems slightly quiet for a Friday night.Special Features:
- Friendly staffDrewdaddyDined on 10/18/2014Very nice place, friendly bartenders and staff. Food was very good. I will def be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food at fair priceTea2VIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was ok. The service was extra friendly and they even took off the bill a caesar salad that unfortunately included large pieces of the stem. That salad would have otherwise been the high point of the meal -- it had a fishy anchovy dressing that I liked, but my fellow diner did not. Since he ordered it, I gladly consumed it until I came to the stem pieces. The Thai mussels were ok but the sauce was not a standout. The filet mignon was also ok, not great. Overall, we won't return. But we can appreciate that at these prices it gives people a chance to dine out, albeit for very average food.
- Upscale RestaurantMrsCDined on 10/18/2014Great food, great service. Very upscale place - asset to Huntington !Special Features:
- goodandplentyDined on 10/17/2014Excellent service and food except that I prefer PEI mussels rather than the larger ones.Special Features:
- A most accommodating experienceToeKneeDined on 10/15/2014This place has great menu. Mussel pots are a meal in themselves. A most pleasant staff. Owner Michael went so far out of his way for me, it brought a tear to my eye. Specifically, I needed some change to put in the parking meter. He went personally to my car which was around the corner to put the money in the meter. Service like this says a lot for the entire establishment.Special Features:
- Second time was big disappointmentmomduke4Dined on 10/12/2014The first time we dined at Acacia we were very pleased. Food was very good and the service was too. We definitely wanted to return. However, this second time was very disappointing. We were three in our party and all our entrees were not up to par. What they called "polenta" was not. Clams in the linguini were hugh and tough. The service was very slow and a simple request I made with our server was forgotten (he apologized but the surprise was ruined). On a positive note, the salad and bread were very good. I expect more. We will not be returning to Acacia.
- Great musselsnelsonDined on 10/5/2014This is the best place on Long Island for mussel pots! Rest of the menu is spectacular as well but mussels are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceEatprayloveDined on 10/4/2014The tuna was outstanding and the steak which my date had was scrumptious. Totally chill atmosphere. The place is run well. Friendly staff. Great management. Would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRandKDined on 10/4/2014Flash Fried Rock Shrimp appetizer was excellent. Can't say the same about entrees. Linguine with Clam Sauce was mediorce at best; tasted like the clams came straight from a can, sauce was just okay. Fennel Crusted Yellow Fin Tuna was so-so. Waitress very friendly and attentive.
- Table44Dined on 10/4/2014We had great meal early Saturday evening. Cioppino and Acacias Best mussel pots, entrees included scallops, fish special, filet and sirloin-- everything was perfectly prepared and delicious. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BABSVIPDined on 9/28/2014Ive been to Acacia three times and always get the tuna. It's very good. Next time I will try the Scallops. My husband had the chicken which was also very good. We sat outside on the sidewalk which is nice in the warm weather. Service was friendly and efficient. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potentialapplefigDined on 9/24/2014It's nice to have a place like this in Huntington. It's casual and if you like a pot of mussels, they definitely can deliver. We started by sharing a simple but enjoyable beet salad. The chef doesn't mess around, delivering a generous pot of mussels slathered in a wide choice of sauces and accoutrements! Digging through can be a bit of a challenge - a ladle was delivered along with the pot, but with no bowl or plate to pour into, not really useful. The crusty bread was perfect for soaking up some of the more than ample sauce. So come ready to dive in with your hands and you should have a good time. A moist towel after the meal would have been an excellent touch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SuzyDined on 9/20/2014Best mussels on Long Island. Pumpkin ravioli was outstanding. The crab cake was filled with "lump crab" like it should be. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine with GrouponlimamaDined on 9/19/2014We had a dinner with Groupon discount on Friday night. Seated immediately, nice table, charming server. Wine- rather unremarkable, would not have it again. Mussels- Acacia's Best sounded like a good choice, but everything was too much- salty, too thick and fatty sauce, lobster pieces overcooked. Main Entree- still salty, small portions but lovely presentation. Dessert (not part of the deal)- nice version of apple strudel. Overall- without discount we would not return, with another deal we might give it another shot.Special Features:
- Pre showleekDined on 9/14/2014Great food, so- so service, had to ask for the pre show discount But overall we would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love mussels....Niteout631Dined on 9/13/2014If you love mussels and are willing to share, you should try this place. They have approx 15 different types of mussels pots. We went with the servers recommendation...most notable was the "Acacia Best"...It was awesome. Overall, it's similar to WaterZooi in Garden City but closer to home in Suffolk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but very noisyluvnewplacesDined on 9/13/2014Food good, well-prepared, nice presentation, good portions; too much salt in many of the dishes, though. VERY loud atmosphere, hard to have a conversation (Saturday evening). Would try it again at a quieter time (not sure when that would be).I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingConcertlover2Dined on 9/13/2014The service and food was superb The mussels are out of this world We will not be able to have mussels anyplace else now We are coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Service = Great DinnerWhere2eatDined on 9/13/2014An early Saturday dinner reservation (5pm) for 4, we were greeted by friendly staff and seated immediately. Our waiter came right over, was very helpful and checked on us frequently. We started with Cioppino Mussel Pots, which were excellent. Our entrees were beautifully presented. We ordered yellow fin tuna, scallops and filet mignon - all were delicious. We were not rushed and the noise level was not too loud to interfere with our table conversation. I highly recommend Acacia for a worthwhile dinner out. Tip: Check Groupon for deals.Special Features:
- TazenkerDined on 9/12/2014Great food service and ambiance. Pots of mussels are large and there are multiple seasoningsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious/Friendly/AttentiveSusanDined on 9/10/2014Acacia"s Best Mussel Pot was outstanding; food was delicious; great restaurant right in the heart of townSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodSuenJoeVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Mussel Pots were excellent! We would definitely recommend them! Appetizers were also fabulous. But dessert wasn't worth the cost.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Spencer48VIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was great.... The mussel pots are so interesting. Loved the bouillabaisse. The filet was delicious... Nice atmosphere and the staff could not be more eager to please. I definitely recommend dining here.Special Features:
- etpokiebirdDined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed all the items we ordered. Fresh crab cakes were flavorful. Loved the rock shrimp. They gave us a big portion. The Mussel Pot was unique in flavorings. Martini had a kick to it, Pear martini had a round pear ball at the bottom of the glass that was tasty. Will go back.Special Features:
- Mussle Pots YUMyummyinmytummyDined on 9/5/2014Everyone in my party ordered various middle pots and they were all amazing. HUGE mussles, had left overs for the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyDrewpresDined on 9/5/2014We did this dining through a prepaid Groupon which incuded two glasses of wine, one mussel pot to share and two entrees. Everything we ate was delicious, including the Loiusiana Mussel Pot...plenty to share, the grilled scallop entree and NY Strip Steak, All were prepared perfectly, tasty, and very generous portions. Service was very attentive. Seating is a bit cumbersome...both the front and rear dining areas are separated by a large bar, so although the food is good, the overall "appearance " of the restuarant seems to surround the large center bar as its focal point. Very limited entree slections. Probablty only about 7 items on the entree dinner menu, so while it had the usual staples, not too many other entrees to get excited about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantLprillVIPDined on 9/2/2014Went specifically for the mussel pots and they did not disappoint! The fries were done to perfection and made a great side. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.