2601 West Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.acaciarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8045620138x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dale Reitzer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Acacia is available for your off-site party. Whether it be an intimate dinner in your home or an affair to remember, keep Acacia in mind when planning your next event so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the party.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining space is toward the rear of the restaurant with three walls, one of which is the glass-encased wine room, and one functional art softwall by molo. It can accommodate up to forty five guests for a seated dinner or more for a standing reception.
Your event can be tailored to suit your needs, from a simple birthday party to an elaborate wedding reception and every business meeting in between. Chef Dale Reitzer will work hard to craft a menu sure to impress and delight, departing from the run-of-the-mill catering menus you’ve seen elsewhere.
- Private Party Contact: Aline Reitzer 8045620138x
A word from Acacia Mid-town
Owners Aline and Chef Dale Reitzer continue the tradition of fine cuisine they perfected at the former location in Carytown for 10 years. We have a fine dining answer to the casual restaurant, or a casual approach to fine dining. Our menu is regional American, with an emphasis on seafood and fresh, local, top-quality products with clean flavor profiles, cooked with consideration and to perfection by the Chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Acacia Mid-town - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Acacia Mid-town reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)special occasion (87)neighborhood gem (48)romantic (47)notable wine list (40)hot spot (33)good for groups (32)great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014Acacia is our favorite restaurant whether it's Restaurant Week or not. The entire staff is helpful, friendly and sincere in their efforts to make your dining experience a positive one. The food, either fish, shellfish or meat is always cooked perfectly and served beautifully. The flavor and combinations are always delicious! ALWAYS a great experience!!!!!! A big thanks to the Acacia team!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful dining experienceNancyDined on 10/21/2014A friend and I dined at Acacia for Richmond Restaurant Week...great service and terrific food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but very noisyEllenVIPDined on 10/20/2014Our dinner this week was excellent: crab cakes, duck, salmon and deserts. Good ingredients thoughtfully seasoned without too much oil and salt. Fresh and inventive. Excellent service and pleasant ambiance. One of the best in Richmond. Only problem is it's very noisy! I don't want to have to raise my voice to speak to my guest and the noise is tiring and distracting. We were seated in an area that was a bit quieter, but it is still noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedhojo5200Dined on 10/15/2014In our past two visits to this usually stellar restaurant, we have had disappointing meals. One was a three course wine dinner, and the most recent a mid-week visit during which our table also decided to go with a three course menu. On both occasions, the food was less than expected. Bland, over salted, not unique: what happened to the imagination and sparkle that made the food here shine? Perhaps if we had ordered from the main menu, our experience would have been different. But that shouldn't be the case. Service is still excellent. We'll give Acacia another try, hoping to rediscover the lovely experience we once had dining there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicekannloweVIPDined on 10/13/2014Had a business dinner, very accommodating and great service. Received great feedback and can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerdiner27Dined on 10/11/2014Had a great meal and enjoyed the evening. Celebrated our anniversary and they brought candles out with the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatsmith6alVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have our go-tos at Acacia- the crabcake & scallops! This restaurant has wonderful service and the food is one of the best in Richmond. We love going on date night here and enjoying a specialty cocktail at the bar before we sit down for dinner. Also a great place for a double date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsPamelaattheriverDined on 10/10/2014I'm from out of town and rarely get here but the restaurant is never disappointing. The food is always excellent and the servers attentive and helpful. I've been coming here for years and will continue. It's a little noisy for me but not too bad early on - plus the prix fixe (even on Friday & Saturday early) is a great bargain! The wine list is very good and, for me, the selection of dessert wines is a bonus.Special Features:
- healthy & oh-so-goodlove2brunchDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant has an all-organic menu! While their bread was somewhat disappointing, nothing else was. The mahi mahi was so good I can imagine coming here again just for it! My fiancé got the crab cakes and said they were extremely delicious. We also tried the ceviche, which had a perfect balance of tastes! The table nearby ordered salmon, and I can't wait to try that next time--it looked too good to be eaten! It is a pretty fancy restaurant so dress well and enjoy :) Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Fabulous!CGRichmondDined on 10/4/2014I had two girlfriends visiting from out of town and chose Acacia for dinner. As usual, they did not disappoint! The oyster appetizer was delicious, the apple salad was great and the fish (grouper) was perfectly prepared. Acacia continues to be one of our favorite restaurants in Richmond!Special Features:
- DeliciousoccasionaldinerDined on 10/4/2014We were a little nervous to visit after reading reviews about the noise level, but it was not an issue. We arrived early and the music did seem slightly elevated, but as soon as people started arriving the noise level was fine. Food was absolutely delicious. Ambiance felt very cosmopolitan. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner as always...TheBaronessVIPDined on 10/2/2014The consistency of this restaurant is amazing even though the menu changes frequently. It is always fabulous...great service without being overbearing and the best bartender in Richmond....You must let him suggest something for you...he has quite the palette for liquors and wines. The food is magnificent and my out of town clients from NYC or DC or LA even overseas love this place....gives Richmond a good name in the foodie world.....Special Features:
- 2nd time at Acacia—Maybe our lastMRS17Dined on 10/1/2014We'd been to Acacia once before and loved the food but received terrible service. We just chalked it up to bad luck and always intended to come back. 3 years later, we finally made it back for our anniversary dinner and were frustrated again. We arrived on time for a 7pm reservation and were seated promptly. We ordered apps, salads, and entrees. Our waiter was better this time, but we waited about 35 minutes for our apps, another 25 for our salads, and received our main course at 9:27pm. We were seated at 7pm… so, 90 minutes to get us to our main course? The people were very nice. Food was great. We want to like this place. But 90 minutes, with 20-30 minutes between courses… that’s not up to the class that this place presents.Special Features:
- Great food/Great valueMontaukVIPDined on 9/30/2014Acacia offers excellent food and drinks and, on Monday through Thursday they offer a three course prix fixe menu at a very reasonable price. This is also offered before 6:30 on Friday and Saturday evenings. Plus, there is half price wine on Tuesday night. We hope to return often!Special Features:
- I'd recommend, but with explanationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Although I knew all parties had to be present to be seated, when 3 of the 4 of us showed up, one individual was driving in from the airport due to a delayed flight, we were told we could not be seated. Really, the place was empty. This was a bit annoying. The 3 of us finally did get seated, against "policy", and we were able to order drinks, but told we could not order an appetizer until all were there and we knew what we also wanted for entrees as well. . .Chef's orders. OK, we accepted, but then when we did finish our appetizers, why was it 25 minutes before we ever saw an entree? These were three work colleagues from out of town. Sorry, but they were not impressed and I was disappointed as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad NightfrequentdinerDined on 9/27/2014Usually Acacia is great. This time it seemed like a totally different place. Our orders each had some sort of error. Two missing courses, a substitution not made. We were told that our appetizers were delivered to the wrong table but they would be up soon. Drinks that were not ours were delivered to us. (The waiter came back and grabbed them without a word.) All this was acknowledged without an apology and no recompense. Unsurprisingly no one asked us how everything was. We politely told them as we left that the evening had not been up to its usual level. Not even a nod of acknowledgement.
- Terrific FindStevieGVIPDined on 9/27/2014Happened across this restaurant by reading reviews. The place has ambience galore and is tastefully minimal in its decor. I can't say enough about how great the food was. Our table had entrees and dessert and all of us wished we had ordered appetizers as well.......not because we didn't have enough to eat (the portion size is fine) but because we loved the food.Special Features:
- always a winnerRichmondFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014This is one of my favorite RVA restaurants, and I especially love that I can walk there. Tonight I had possibly the best duck breast ever, with creative accompaniments, but PERFECTLY cooked. Small, but nice, selection of wines by the glass: Sutter Grenache was excellent.Special Features:
- Best seafood in RichmondTravlerDined on 9/19/2014Jumbo lump crab cakes are still the best in the city. Velvet soft shells great in season. Reasonably priced white list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tlongDined on 9/19/2014Eat here often when visit son at u of r Solid food and ambiance and service A few more non fish options would be nice. Love fish but others that join Would like more optionsSpecial Features:
- Lovely dining in Richmond!gcfloresVIPDined on 9/10/2014Fresh food, great service and ambiance. Will def visit again on future trips to Richmond!Special Features:
- Disappointed !!!!RUDEDined on 9/6/2014Service is a huge disappointment. One person in our party was dissatisfied with their drink. The waiter took our drink back to the bartender and then brought that same drink back to our table indicating that the bartender tasted it (GROSS) and said it was fine and the cost of that drink would remain on the bill. When we requested an additional bread basket for our large table, the waiter said "there is still bread left in your basket" (REALLY?) He did bring more bread, but a tiny bowl with only three slices. I left that restaurant knowing that I would never return and vowing to share my experience with friends. Either Acacia is having serious financial issues and/or management/ownership is condoning RUDE behavior from the staff.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceRVAGrtEatsDined on 9/6/2014We hadn't been to Acacia in several months and had forgotten what a gem it is. The competition for your dinner dollar is so tough in the RVA area now, it is tough to stand out. Acacia Mid-town does. We had a great dinner experience top-to-bottom. Great service, food, wine and environment. Most of our party went with seafood, but I ordered the duck. Truly the best I have had. All three of the desserts are outstanding as well. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disappointing VisitKenNVIPDined on 9/5/2014It was mostly little things. Previous visit was wonderful. Online menu listed one set of dishes. Menu posted outside, another. We received a third, stained early in the evening, so not its first night of use. At least the one posted could be current! Waiter was OK, without warmth. Never offered coffee or after dinner drink. Fixed price soup was good. Beet salad OK. Main flounder needed sauce, maybe the brown butter under it. Clafoutis for dessert was dry, with little berry taste. Cornbread smelled and was burnt. Might have complained to waiter if he'd bothered checking. Told hostess who cleared. Manager wandered between bar and host stand randomly. After two complaints by us, apparently couldn't be bothered to come to the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionShaynefullyDeliciousDined on 9/2/2014Acacia Mid-town is my favorite restaurant in Richmond. Everything aligns for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Amazing dishesOlyPaulDined on 9/2/2014We were all very impressed with each dish: the mix of incredients led to a very tasty and creative presentation:subtle and favorable without being over the top or pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have a snack before you leave homejamesriverDined on 8/30/2014The fish was very good, but the portion size was small. We don't normally eat the bread when we dine, but due to the small portions we ate all the bread that was served. The service was outstanding and the specialty drinks were delicious.Special Features:
- Mini Wine Dinners are Great!JoJoBeanDined on 8/27/2014This is our 4th or 5th time at Acacia Midtown. We love their mini wine dinners. They are an excellent value! But this time, the service was frustrating. The wine would arrive much earlier than the food, and it was hard to wait to drink it with the food. Or we'd have the food and no wine. Our waiter almost disappeared during the last two courses, so it was hard to order dessert and coffee. Getting the check took longer than it should have. BUT this is the first time it has happened so perhaps they had difficulty dealing with the very crowded room. We'll be back to try again and, hopefully, service will be back to where it was before.Special Features:
- Our waiter was fantastic!ssueDined on 8/21/2014we had delightful service. Our waiter was friendly and informativeSpecial Features:
- Great food, outstanding serviceJAJ1Dined on 8/19/2014We had a large group and still felt very taken care of. Little details were paid attention to (e.g. when someone vacated the table for a restroom break, someone would come by and fold that person's cloth napkin neatly). Food drool-worthy. Highly recommend this place for any size party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish done right.FishfanaticDined on 8/16/2014My wife had the grouper and I had the cobia. Both dishes were prepared the way fish should be cooked---not dried out or undercooked. The sauces enhanced the flavor of the fish rather than overpowering the taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too, Too NoisyMadJaneDined on 8/15/2014Although the food is among the best in Richmond, we won't be returning due to the noise level. When I'm paying $50+ a person, I don't expect to have to shout across the table to my dining companions. We were there last Friday night and the crab cakes, softshells and cobia dishes were all excellent, as was the chocolate torte we had for dessert. The peach cobbler was the weak link (the peaches were not very good and overall the dish was average). I did ask the waitress to see if the music could be turned down, to no avail. I don't mind background music that enhances the ambiance, but being assualted by loud music (as we have been on more than one occasion at Acacia) does not make for a fun evening. We couldn't wait to leave.
- Exceptional ServiceEatandLoveDined on 8/15/2014The wait staff were very attentive and gracious. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu to make recommendations. Simple and Modern decor create a warm ambience. We enjoyed a lovely 3-course appetizers, entree and dessert made with the freshest ingredients and beautifully presented. Valet service was prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prix Fixe Menu!RVAVADined on 8/15/2014This is such a great restaurant for people who don't mind dining on the early side. The prix fixe menu is just $24/person, with excellent variety and quality. I had the amber jack, and I loved it. Normally I regret getting fish when I'm out because restaurants always seem to be hesitant with their seasoning, but this dish was just right! I'd recommend this to any foodie on a budget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous mealgracenotecDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great cocktails, great service, energetic ambiance. Perfect for a romantic birthday dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My experience at the restaurant was amazing! I enjoyed everything!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 Year AgoChrisVIPDined on 8/5/2014It was one year ago that we were in Richmond for a visit. We immediately thought of coming back to Acacia for another try (we liked it the 1st time). And we were not disappointed. The apps were good and the mains were creative and tasty. And, as luck would have it, we dined on a Tuesday nite when they have 50% off wines by the bottle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & ServicePickyeaterDined on 8/1/2014Both the food and service were excellent. We had a group of 6 adults and ordered appetizers, dinner and desserts. The seafood was especially good and their were several choices. The waiter was able to recommend and discuss the entrees and was very knowledgeable. I will recommend and return again in the future.Special Features:
- Top Notch Situation.TheCuriousOrangeStoreDined on 8/1/2014Walked in to Acacia and loved it straight away. Soft yet modern decor meets an absolutely killer cocktail selection, then on to absolutely solid and well thought out food. Valet service a plus. Will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerJack1RichmondDined on 8/1/2014Birthday dinner for our 30 year old daughter was memorable with wonderful food and good service. Two negatives. The dining room, when full, is very noisy making it difficult to hear dinner companions. Also the waiter forgot a special order of vegetables, and when it arrived at the table late, it was covered with bread crumbs, an allergy no-no for the diners. The vegetable was quickly taken off the bill. All together, a good dining experience.Special Features: