2601 West Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.acaciarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8045620138x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dale Reitzer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Acacia is available for your off-site party. Whether it be an intimate dinner in your home or an affair to remember, keep Acacia in mind when planning your next event so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the party.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining space is toward the rear of the restaurant with three walls, one of which is the glass-encased wine room, and one functional art softwall by molo. It can accommodate up to forty five guests for a seated dinner or more for a standing reception.
Your event can be tailored to suit your needs, from a simple birthday party to an elaborate wedding reception and every business meeting in between. Chef Dale Reitzer will work hard to craft a menu sure to impress and delight, departing from the run-of-the-mill catering menus you’ve seen elsewhere.
- Private Party Contact: Aline Reitzer 8045620138x
A word from Acacia Mid-town
Owners Aline and Chef Dale Reitzer continue the tradition of fine cuisine they perfected at the former location in Carytown for 10 years. We have a fine dining answer to the casual restaurant, or a casual approach to fine dining. Our menu is regional American, with an emphasis on seafood and fresh, local, top-quality products with clean flavor profiles, cooked with consideration and to perfection by the Chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Acacia Mid-town - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Acacia Mid-town reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (101)special occasion (88)romantic (52)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (39)good for groups (29)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Have a snack before you leave homeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The fish was very good, but the portion size was small. We don't normally eat the bread when we dine, but due to the small portions we ate all the bread that was served. The service was outstanding and the specialty drinks were delicious.Special Features:
- Mini Wine Dinners are Great!JoJoBeanDined on 8/27/2014This is our 4th or 5th time at Acacia Midtown. We love their mini wine dinners. They are an excellent value! But this time, the service was frustrating. The wine would arrive much earlier than the food, and it was hard to wait to drink it with the food. Or we'd have the food and no wine. Our waiter almost disappeared during the last two courses, so it was hard to order dessert and coffee. Getting the check took longer than it should have. BUT this is the first time it has happened so perhaps they had difficulty dealing with the very crowded room. We'll be back to try again and, hopefully, service will be back to where it was before.Special Features:
- Our waiter was fantastic!ssueDined on 8/21/2014we had delightful service. Our waiter was friendly and informativeSpecial Features:
- Great food, outstanding serviceJAJ1Dined on 8/19/2014We had a large group and still felt very taken care of. Little details were paid attention to (e.g. when someone vacated the table for a restroom break, someone would come by and fold that person's cloth napkin neatly). Food drool-worthy. Highly recommend this place for any size party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish done right.FishfanaticDined on 8/16/2014My wife had the grouper and I had the cobia. Both dishes were prepared the way fish should be cooked---not dried out or undercooked. The sauces enhanced the flavor of the fish rather than overpowering the taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too, Too NoisyMadJaneDined on 8/15/2014Although the food is among the best in Richmond, we won't be returning due to the noise level. When I'm paying $50+ a person, I don't expect to have to shout across the table to my dining companions. We were there last Friday night and the crab cakes, softshells and cobia dishes were all excellent, as was the chocolate torte we had for dessert. The peach cobbler was the weak link (the peaches were not very good and overall the dish was average). I did ask the waitress to see if the music could be turned down, to no avail. I don't mind background music that enhances the ambiance, but being assualted by loud music (as we have been on more than one occasion at Acacia) does not make for a fun evening. We couldn't wait to leave.
- Exceptional ServiceEatandLoveDined on 8/15/2014The wait staff were very attentive and gracious. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu to make recommendations. Simple and Modern decor create a warm ambience. We enjoyed a lovely 3-course appetizers, entree and dessert made with the freshest ingredients and beautifully presented. Valet service was prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prix Fixe Menu!RVAVADined on 8/15/2014This is such a great restaurant for people who don't mind dining on the early side. The prix fixe menu is just $24/person, with excellent variety and quality. I had the amber jack, and I loved it. Normally I regret getting fish when I'm out because restaurants always seem to be hesitant with their seasoning, but this dish was just right! I'd recommend this to any foodie on a budget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous mealgracenotecDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great cocktails, great service, energetic ambiance. Perfect for a romantic birthday dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My experience at the restaurant was amazing! I enjoyed everything!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 Year AgoChrisVIPDined on 8/5/2014It was one year ago that we were in Richmond for a visit. We immediately thought of coming back to Acacia for another try (we liked it the 1st time). And we were not disappointed. The apps were good and the mains were creative and tasty. And, as luck would have it, we dined on a Tuesday nite when they have 50% off wines by the bottle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & ServicePickyeaterDined on 8/1/2014Both the food and service were excellent. We had a group of 6 adults and ordered appetizers, dinner and desserts. The seafood was especially good and their were several choices. The waiter was able to recommend and discuss the entrees and was very knowledgeable. I will recommend and return again in the future.Special Features:
- Top Notch Situation.TheCuriousOrangeStoreDined on 8/1/2014Walked in to Acacia and loved it straight away. Soft yet modern decor meets an absolutely killer cocktail selection, then on to absolutely solid and well thought out food. Valet service a plus. Will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerJack1RichmondDined on 8/1/2014Birthday dinner for our 30 year old daughter was memorable with wonderful food and good service. Two negatives. The dining room, when full, is very noisy making it difficult to hear dinner companions. Also the waiter forgot a special order of vegetables, and when it arrived at the table late, it was covered with bread crumbs, an allergy no-no for the diners. The vegetable was quickly taken off the bill. All together, a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food ok serviceRonmonDined on 8/1/2014Food was great but they wouldn't seat us when 2 of 4 were there and the others were running late even though every single table was empty. Then they brought out the wrong entree because the waiter mixed up the appetizer order and entree. Food was great once it arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At LastMrALDined on 8/1/2014Been searching for the foodie food in RVA since moving here. Dutch & Co(Noisy and over seasoned) The Roosevelt (even noiser and food that was too complex for its own good) Bistro 27 (how many can you YUCK) we had given up hope and though that we would need to head out to FBurg or DC for a great meal. We tried ACACIA Mid Town. finally food prepared not to see how much or how many ingredients you could stick in the dish, simply good food, good flavosrs, presented with out pretense. When the table of 15 sat down it got loud. When will RVA restaurants realize that those parties ruin dinner for the rest of us? . Seat them in private dining rooms, draw the curtains. give lots of bread food keeps their mouths busy so they cant yell so loudSpecial Features:
- Another Memorable Dinner!RVAFineFoodsDined on 7/31/2014The Prix fixe is just the right amount of food and always includes special entrees and signature plates! The filet mignon was deemed "perfect", prepared as ordered "medium rare on the rare side" saying this is first in 8 years in Richmond! The soft shell crab was probably "paper" but fired so quickly it was crunchy though slightly dry; on a previous visit they were perfection! Thursday night's server was not as attentive as others are and her teammates did a good job of covering for her. At the same time, we unanimously appreciated that she waited for everyone to finish their meal before clearing the table! This is rare; we are always irritated when servers clear one plate at a time as diners stop or finish eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd RulesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Acacia has a Policy of the Server only taking complete orders, in other words, you cannot order appetizers and then browse the menu's entree's, or if your partner is undecided, they won't take a partial order. Excellent Beverage and Wine List, fine food and presentation. Had to ask for a breadbasket. Server only checked on table once near end of meal.Very hard to have quiet conversation due to noise level.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014This was business dinner. Great food, service and comfortable noise level allowed discussion.Special Features:
- Excellent all summerCleoVIPDined on 7/26/2014We've dined at Acacia several times this summer and have enjoyed wonderful meals and service each time. They have great fish dishes and have been having soft shells all thru the warm months. Yum! We've been getting an app and entree but no dessert. This week we tried the chocolate dessert and loved it! Go for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect in every wayRichmondFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014Everything at Acacia was terrific on our last visit. We started the evening with cosmos (excellent). Appetizers of duck confit and watermelon salad and crab/gruyere gougeres were both outstanding. I can't resist the crab cakes - I think Acacia's are the very best in Richmond; I like that they do a single for an entree, and this night's preparation with green beans & fennel, and grits was especially good. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the soft shell special. Love that this is in our neighborhood, too!! But well worth a drive if you live at a distance.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!RVAroverDined on 7/23/2014This was our first time at Acacia and absolutely will not be our last. They have a great menu with several choices. On the night we went they had three different fish choices, and not your typical Ahi Tuna or run of the mill salmon dish. I had snapper with homemade potatoe gnocci that was one of the best dishes I've had in a long time, and that is saying a lot considering we just got back from a 14 day trip to Europe. My fiancé had a fantastic Rockfish that was mild, flaky, and moist. Her corn and bacon butter side dish was unbelievable and would definitely be part of my "last meal".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, arrogant serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014We were visiting Richmond from Washington DC and this restaurant was recommended by a Richmond local. Our initial contact with our server unfortunately overshadowed the entire experience. We had had a long day and when we he asked for our drink order we ordered cocktails and two appetizers. He immediately told us that the kitchen would only take our entire order versus beginning with an appetizer. My husband suggested that we leave... Ultimately we stayed however, the remainder of the dinner was awkward with the server clearly being standoffish with us. This restaurant's policy is short-sighted as we would have likely had twi cocktails and salads before our entrees. We skipped dessert. Food was slow to arrive. Menu is limited but good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WalkingstomachDined on 7/18/2014This was a superb meal for all of us. The rock fish with sweet corn succotash was the best rock fish dish in my memory. All seasonal ingredients, so go quick to get this dish!Special Features:
- Tasty food but LOUDBeccaDined on 7/14/2014Food and service were good, however we were seated next to the area where a private party was being hosted and the noise level was so loud we could not hear eachother talking. I will think twice before scheduling a business dinner here again
- Fantastic, can't wait to go back!RVAfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Our first time and it certainly won't be our last! Really enjoyed the menu variety. Everything was very fresh and creative. The service was outstanding, attentive but not hovering. Truly a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner & AmbianceRVAFineFoodsDined on 7/10/2014Fabulous! After a nearly 2 year hiatus due to the deafening noise level, we found sound abatement measures are quite successful. We've dined at Acacia twice in about 2 weeks both enjoying the weeknight prixe fixe. Available selections are varied, course portions, perfect and the food excellent in every way! First evening we enjoyed soft shell crab perfectly complimented by the tempura batter, the second evening the crab cake was perfect, nice chunks of crabs loosely held together with complimentary seasonings and ingredients. The soup, french style sweet vidalia onion, and salads are perfect beginnings and the tasty dessert bites the perfect end. The wine list is interesting and varied with fair prices. We will be regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply one of the best in richmondTheBaronessVIPDined on 7/5/2014The civeche is not to be missed...their sefood specials are amazing but I had the duck and it was amazing.Special Features:
- Glad our usual places were bookedVAfoodieDined on 7/5/2014We normally have a select few favorite restaurants we choose for a special occasion. All of them were unable to seat us with our out of town guest. Looking at online reviews, Acacia was pretty well recommended. It has the best crab cake and all of our dishes were perfectly amazing. We'll have to return for a night out again soon.Special Features:
- believe the hypedacomanDined on 7/5/2014We heard about the great food here. We were not disappointed. In addition, the staff was super and really helpful at selecting food and wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously disappointedbgMNDined on 7/5/2014I was really disappointed with the quality of the food. While the presentation was nice, the flavors were not as refined as they should be at this price point. We ordered the duck and the softshell crabs and the porkbelly app. The app was ridiculously tiny. My husband and I started laughing when it arrived at the table. It was served two steamed buns that were also tiny. They were the size of a quarter. The duck was flavorless and the sauce it came with lacked umami. The succotash that was served with the crab was too rich and salty. I couldn't finish it because it started giving me a stomach ache. We will never come here and we told all of our friends not to waste their money. I won't feel like I'm missing a thing if I never go back!
- As always...a great meal!deb2013Dined on 7/5/2014Acacia is one of Richmond's best restaurants. Really great food and service.Special Features:
- Dinnerjimma22Dined on 7/5/20144 stars out of 4 stars, we've been going to Acacia since it was located many years ago in Cary Town and was super then, its still time and time again the best. The staff is almost like family and the quality of service and the food just keeps getting better and better, its a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champagne at Acacia Mid-townLondonBrianDined on 7/4/2014I ordered the featured champagne at $18 per glass and it was tasteless and was returned by me explaining why. The wine steward's opinion differed and he thought it was great. Although I ordered the Prosecco as a replacement, after debate and much head shaking, eventually half of the champagne cost was refunded. Bearing in mind the champagne is $35 at retail, I felt this was penny-pinching and petty. The probability is that the champagne was served too cold (as was the Prosecco) and that is why neither tasted as they should. Food was OK, service was reasonable and for the sake of $9 my evening and their reputation was spoiled.
- Great restaurant-always delicious!LenyDined on 6/28/2014Acacia is one of Richmond's best restaurants! We always have a delicious meal and love the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boscapDined on 6/26/2014We recently celebrated our 33rd anniversary at Acacia. It was a wonderful experience. The service, the food, the drinks were all excellent and worth the cost. We will certainly return. We especially enjoyed the attentive bartender who was both welcoming and fun to watch prepare our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieGirlDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant has always gained some well-earned accolades and our dinner tonight was no exception. We had an interesting drink at the bar while waiting for our table. Tonight happened to be a mini wine pairing event and, since it was also my husband's birthday, I thought this would be festive. The first plate of cold lobster ravioli was excellent; the second of warm mozzarella not so much but I liked the fried green tomato bits. The grouper was fabulous and the pork shoulder was very good. It was sometimes hard to hear because the noise level in any "non-walled" restaurant can get pretty loud. The free valet service was also a plus. We will definitely come back here to sample the regular menu.Special Features:
- AcaciaWinnerDined on 6/25/2014The food was excellent but it took too long to receive our cocktails once ordered and the service was a tad too slow. Noise level is too high for a romantic date.Special Features:
- Delicious crab cake-service lackingPastryKTDined on 6/21/2014My cocktail was described as having strawberry and balsamic reduction in it, but all I could taste was awful bitterness. When I asked to send it back, the waitress insisted on asking the bar tender to adjust it, which he said he couldn't. Then she asked me to order another drink (she didn't want to take it off the check), but our first course had arrived by then and I didn't want it with my meal. She did not take it off the check and she should have! Bartender ego. We had a tasty corn flan appetizer and a disappointing burrata (tough and not creamy at all) with pickled tomatoes. The pickled peach salad was excellent with almonds and ricotta. My friend enjoyed the rockfish with spring vegetables and I had a big and well seasoned crabcake.Special Features:
- Terrific experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Great food and wine in a neighborhood-like setting. Nice outdoor dining options. Very good wine list and experienced servers. We were a party of 6 and everyone thought their meal and experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.