2601 West Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.acaciarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (804) 562-0138
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dale Reitzer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Acacia is available for your off-site party. Whether it be an intimate dinner in your home or an affair to remember, keep Acacia in mind when planning your next event so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the party.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining space is toward the rear of the restaurant with three walls, one of which is the glass-encased wine room, and one functional art softwall by molo. It can accommodate up to forty five guests for a seated dinner or more for a standing reception.
Your event can be tailored to suit your needs, from a simple birthday party to an elaborate wedding reception and every business meeting in between. Chef Dale Reitzer will work hard to craft a menu sure to impress and delight, departing from the run-of-the-mill catering menus you’ve seen elsewhere.
- Private Party Contact: Aline Reitzer 8045620138x
A word from Acacia Mid-town
Owners Aline and Chef Dale Reitzer continue the tradition of fine cuisine they perfected at the former location in Carytown for 10 years. We have a fine dining answer to the casual restaurant, or a casual approach to fine dining. Our menu is regional American, with an emphasis on seafood and fresh, local, top-quality products with clean flavor profiles, cooked with consideration and to perfection by the Chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Acacia Mid-town - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Acacia Mid-town reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent FoodLarryTVIPDined on 11/24/2014Travelling through Richmond and randomly selected Acaia Mid Twon to have dinner out. What a great find, honestly the food was exceptional as were the drinks we enjoyed. If we lived in Richmond this would definitely be a regular place for my wife and I. Kudos to everyone for a job extremely well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodClasEladyDined on 11/22/2014The service this time was not as good as I usually getSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Few things to distract from the great foodRVAFoodieMCDined on 11/15/2014The setting is more modern than many restaurants in the Fan/Cary St. area, but it feels warm. The restaurant was also well-lit. (Really dislike when a restaurant is too dark.) Acacia is very Richmond. They serve Billy bread and offer straightforward, seasonal food. But just when I think I've eaten enough braised lamb and Brussels sprouts, Acacia's immaculately prepared version blew me away. I also loved the appetizer selection and found that I couldn't order just one. A forcemeat extravaganza that was delicious and fun. Another way that Acacia is very Richmond is that you won't scoff at the prices. Yes, it's a high price point, but the portions are appropriate and the quality is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodAmyhDined on 11/14/2014Went for dinner for my birthday with my husband. We each started with a cocktail - I chose the belle isle moonshine specialty drink; it was strong & delicious. We started with the sautéed shrimp appetizer to share. It was served with mashed potatoes, crispy chicken skin and chicken jus. I found the skin to be bland but my husband enjoyed it. We agreed the potatoes were fantastic and the chicken jus was rich & salty - just what you want in a good gravy! Moving on, I had the beet & goat cheese salad while my husband had the mixed lettuce salads. Both were nice size salads and tasty. For entree, I chose the duck breast. It was cooked to a perfect medium rare with crispy skin and served with perfectly cooked gnocchi. They did not offer a steak knife to cut my duck which I opted to ask for, it was tough to cut with a butter knife. My husband ordered the beef filet, also cooked to a perfect medium rare (he was given a steak knife when the food arrived!) we also enjoyed a bottle of Coeur de Terre Pinot noir. Although the menu listed '11 as the vintage, we were presented with the '12 vintage; nonetheless it was a great wine and paired nicely with each course. The service was impeccable. We were never left looking around for our server and we had what we needed at every turn, including print water refills and clearing of dishes. Overall, we loved Acacia on this occasion! Will definitely be back and recommend to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful Evening!RVAFineFoodsVIPDined on 11/13/2014We enjoyed everything about our almost impromptu dinner at Acacia Midtown! the price fixe always offers selections of the favorites and seasonal specials, the portions are perfect for 3 courses! We loved the lamb fore shank and the roasted beet goat salad, The rhubarb sorbet was creamier and sweeter than anticipated, still delicious! We're lucky that it is in our neighborhood! Thank you, Acacia for another memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth goingFatDavidDined on 11/8/2014Food was great, as was the bar. Service was top notch. It was Saturday night and crowded but we were never rushed. You get to "dine". Noise level was high; not suitable for romantic tete-a-tete. Very good experience. Recommended highly. We will go again.Special Features:
- FantasticEyedocDined on 11/8/2014It was my first time there and should have gone sooner. They are well attuned to details. Food was delicious and presentation was lovely. Service was excellent too as we had so many people attending to us. Although sound level was a little high, it wasn't enough to bother us. Maybe it was due to the construction of the physical plant or maybe it was due to every seat being filled. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!VirginiaFoodieDined on 11/7/2014You must, must, must order the crab cakes at Acacia - giant mounds of jumbo lump, practically no filler - everything a crab cake wishes it could be. The accompanying grits were rich, and went perfectly with the crab. Pesto and herb arancini appetizer knocked it out of the park, and the moonshine cocktail was deliciously autumnal. My husband enjoyed his rockfish, but kept sneaking bites of my crab. Dessert was not as fabulous as the rest of the meal - skip it and order an extra appetizer. Our server was friendly, and very knowledgeable about the menu. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDianeMcDined on 11/7/2014You can always count on Acacia for good food and service.Special Features:
- Nice experienceRichmondSpiderDined on 11/5/2014We (two couples) had dinner there before a show and they were quick to ask us if we were trying to make the show. Then they made it happen. The fare is heavy on seafood and that's what we got. I had the scallops and tasted my wife's crab cakes. Both were great. Service was superb!! The only negative was that we ordered a bottle of Cabernet and they were out of it, so we went to our 2nd choice, a Pinot Noir.Special Features:
- AwesomeMarylandBigBoy1957Dined on 11/4/2014My wife and I went on a Tuesday night. Everything was top shelf!! The food (get the tuna ceviche appetizer) was superb. Our server was very knowledgeable and helpful as well.Special Features:
- HenryFlaglerVIPDined on 11/1/2014Oh, God, what's not to like? Acacia single-handedly put Richmond on the restaurant map about 10-12 years ago and it continues to be the ballast in the local fine dining scene. There are other great, new restaurants in town but Acacia sets the standard and keeps everyone else on their toes. Depending on your taste, you could do different than Acacia, but you can't go wrong here. When friends from NYC visit, if you take them nowhere else in Richmond, you take them here.
- Food excellentTaitam11Dined on 11/1/2014Diverse menu with great pairings with all mains. Scallops with gnocchi highlight of our dinner, catch of the day was excellent. Good pace between order / delivery allowing for conversation between apps and mains.Special Features:
- FoodGuyIDined on 10/28/2014Outstanding food with great service. The seafood was incredibly fresh and among the best I have ever had at some of the most well know seafood restaurants in the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014The food was quite good but during restaurant week you cannot really test the kitchen. Soup and the crab cake was spectacular. Noise from music was awful. Would return for food but seriously question going because of the terrible music played.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014Consistently outstanding every time I go. Even with all the new restaurants in town, I still find myself going to Acacia.Special Features:
- BCTCETDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food and service. Best Restaurant week menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B+ on the food, F on service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Food was ok, but the server ruined it for us. She didn't take her time to make recommendations and we felt she was trying to hurry us up for a decision on our food and drinks. It was very busy for restaurant week, but I still would have expected more. I have heard only good things about Acacia, so maybe we just went on a bad night??Special Features:
- stropertreDined on 10/25/2014We went to Acacia for Restaurant Week. The $25.14 deal for three courses was outstanding. The food is nouvelle cuisine with an emphasis on seafood. My salmon appetizer and rockfish entrée were wonderful. The toffee dessert was outstanding as well. The service was extremely attentive and polished. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great Food!MHarrisDined on 10/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our Restaurant Week dinner at Acacia Midtown. Despite it being a very busy night, the service was great and the food was delicious. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Another great meal at Acaciadeb2013Dined on 10/24/2014Great selections on Restaurant Week menu. Friday night so it was slammed but that didn't impact the great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent food selection for restaurant week. My friend and I both got 3 different things each to be able to try more options and we liked every single thing that came to our table. The quality of food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ETETathomeDined on 10/23/2014Hands down the best crab cake I have ever eaten....and lots of chefs think they make a good one!Special Features:
- Tom6Dined on 10/22/2014Wonderful dinner. Service was excellent. Would recommend this restaurant for anyone and any occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/22/2014Acacia excels at whatever they serve but you will have an excellent meal if you choose a fish dish. Be advised: this is a restaurant for foodies who want to pay attention to the food; because of the noise level, conversation at the same table is all but impossible.Special Features:
- First Time Diner (but coming back!)simssjDined on 10/22/2014Tried Acacia MidTown during Richmond Restaurant Week with my wife. She and I both had trouble selecting from the variety of prix fixe options, but we each *loved* the choices we made. Acacia's too nice a restaurant for Richmond; it made me think more of the Chicago or Los Angeles restaurant scene. We'll definitely be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fancyfeetDined on 10/21/2014Acacia is our favorite restaurant whether it's Restaurant Week or not. The entire staff is helpful, friendly and sincere in their efforts to make your dining experience a positive one. The food, either fish, shellfish or meat is always cooked perfectly and served beautifully. The flavor and combinations are always delicious! ALWAYS a great experience!!!!!! A big thanks to the Acacia team!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful dining experienceNancyDined on 10/21/2014A friend and I dined at Acacia for Richmond Restaurant Week...great service and terrific food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2doWIneVIPDined on 10/20/2014Had a delicious dinner here with friends after a concert at Univ. of Richmond. Felt a bit rushed as we got there just before the kitchen was closing. They did accommodate us which we greatly appreciated. Great place to try during restaurant weekend as prices are a bit high but well worth trying. We will return for another special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but very noisyEllenVIPDined on 10/20/2014Our dinner this week was excellent: crab cakes, duck, salmon and deserts. Good ingredients thoughtfully seasoned without too much oil and salt. Fresh and inventive. Excellent service and pleasant ambiance. One of the best in Richmond. Only problem is it's very noisy! I don't want to have to raise my voice to speak to my guest and the noise is tiring and distracting. We were seated in an area that was a bit quieter, but it is still noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedhojo5200Dined on 10/15/2014In our past two visits to this usually stellar restaurant, we have had disappointing meals. One was a three course wine dinner, and the most recent a mid-week visit during which our table also decided to go with a three course menu. On both occasions, the food was less than expected. Bland, over salted, not unique: what happened to the imagination and sparkle that made the food here shine? Perhaps if we had ordered from the main menu, our experience would have been different. But that shouldn't be the case. Service is still excellent. We'll give Acacia another try, hoping to rediscover the lovely experience we once had dining there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicekannloweVIPDined on 10/13/2014Had a business dinner, very accommodating and great service. Received great feedback and can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerdiner27Dined on 10/11/2014Had a great meal and enjoyed the evening. Celebrated our anniversary and they brought candles out with the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatsmith6alVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have our go-tos at Acacia- the crabcake & scallops! This restaurant has wonderful service and the food is one of the best in Richmond. We love going on date night here and enjoying a specialty cocktail at the bar before we sit down for dinner. Also a great place for a double date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsPamelaattheriverDined on 10/10/2014I'm from out of town and rarely get here but the restaurant is never disappointing. The food is always excellent and the servers attentive and helpful. I've been coming here for years and will continue. It's a little noisy for me but not too bad early on - plus the prix fixe (even on Friday & Saturday early) is a great bargain! The wine list is very good and, for me, the selection of dessert wines is a bonus.Special Features:
- healthy & oh-so-goodlove2brunchDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant has an all-organic menu! While their bread was somewhat disappointing, nothing else was. The mahi mahi was so good I can imagine coming here again just for it! My fiancé got the crab cakes and said they were extremely delicious. We also tried the ceviche, which had a perfect balance of tastes! The table nearby ordered salmon, and I can't wait to try that next time--it looked too good to be eaten! It is a pretty fancy restaurant so dress well and enjoy :) Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Fabulous!CGRichmondDined on 10/4/2014I had two girlfriends visiting from out of town and chose Acacia for dinner. As usual, they did not disappoint! The oyster appetizer was delicious, the apple salad was great and the fish (grouper) was perfectly prepared. Acacia continues to be one of our favorite restaurants in Richmond!Special Features:
- DeliciousoccasionaldinerDined on 10/4/2014We were a little nervous to visit after reading reviews about the noise level, but it was not an issue. We arrived early and the music did seem slightly elevated, but as soon as people started arriving the noise level was fine. Food was absolutely delicious. Ambiance felt very cosmopolitan. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner as always...TheBaronessVIPDined on 10/2/2014The consistency of this restaurant is amazing even though the menu changes frequently. It is always fabulous...great service without being overbearing and the best bartender in Richmond....You must let him suggest something for you...he has quite the palette for liquors and wines. The food is magnificent and my out of town clients from NYC or DC or LA even overseas love this place....gives Richmond a good name in the foodie world.....Special Features:
- 2nd time at Acacia—Maybe our lastMRS17Dined on 10/1/2014We'd been to Acacia once before and loved the food but received terrible service. We just chalked it up to bad luck and always intended to come back. 3 years later, we finally made it back for our anniversary dinner and were frustrated again. We arrived on time for a 7pm reservation and were seated promptly. We ordered apps, salads, and entrees. Our waiter was better this time, but we waited about 35 minutes for our apps, another 25 for our salads, and received our main course at 9:27pm. We were seated at 7pm… so, 90 minutes to get us to our main course? The people were very nice. Food was great. We want to like this place. But 90 minutes, with 20-30 minutes between courses… that’s not up to the class that this place presents.Special Features: