AC Country Club - Taproom Bar & Grille
900 Shore Road
Northfield, NJ 08225Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
AC Country Club - Taproom Bar & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.accountryclub.com/
- Phone: 6092364465x
- Hours of Operation:
**HOURS OF OPERATION**
Lunch: Friday - Sunday 11am - 4pm
Happy Hour: Served Friday - Sunday 4pm - 7pm. $3 Drafts, $5 Cocktails & Martinis, $5 Wine by the glass. $5 Appetizer Bar Bites. Bar Menu available
Dinner: Friday & Saturday, Bar Menu and specials available
Breakfast: Served Saturday & Sunday
Sunday Brunch: Sunday 10am - 1pm
Available 7 Days a week for Banquets - contact our sales department 609-236-4421
**Visit AcCountryclub.com for more details and menu's**
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Edward Daggers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Extraordinary Events
For those with uncompromising tastes, Atlantic City County Club is an exceptional place to do business or celebrate life’s milestones. It's never easy finding the perfect venue for each and every client. Meeting everyone's expectations can be a challenge. At Atlantic City Country Club, we surpass all expectations through excellent service, elegant surroundings and exceptional cuisine. Our banquet rooms open to a lovely terrace with panoramic views of the course's rolling fairways and the glittering Atlantic City skyline.
- Private Party Contact: Pete McCollum 6092364421x
- Entertainment: Fridays we offer complimentary wine tasting from 4pm to 7pm with ala carte dining. Food and Drink specials with Happy Hour 4 to 7pm.
Saturdays enjoy Rick DeKarski on piano. Food and Drink specials with Happy Hour 4 to 7pm.
A word from AC Country Club - Taproom Bar & Grille
Executive Chef Edward Daggers Graduate of CIA brings his culinary talents that are tasted in every meal. We buy USDA choice meats, using fresh seafood on daily specials, and are home to the WORLD FAMOUS ACCC Crab Cakes. Restaurant Manager Pete McCullom uses his wine and mixology knowledge to pair your meal with your favorite libation. Our Bloody Mary and Homemade Soups are everyone’s favorites. We give you quality food with affordable pricing and service with a smile. Golf Digest Rates our bar among the top 50 in the country. Our Sunday Brunch is has recieved top awards by Philadelphia magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
AC Country Club - Taproom Bar & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great 'Easter BrunchDannyVIPDined on 4/20/2014This is our third straight Easter brunch, to go with last year's Thanksgiving brunch. ACCC does a wonderful spread, with nearly everything you could ask for. Most everything was delicious. Biggest complaint was the grouper was badly overcooked and tasted fishy, and the lamb was likewise overcooked for my taste. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Nice View, not much elseCathandcuffsVIPDined on 3/14/2014Ordered gumbo to start which was just a tragedy; no okra, no identifiable seafood, and it was thick and dark red. Taste was bitter and odd, and not even close to true gumbo. Cold bread was served with rock hard butter. Had the duck entree which was a fairly nice preparation with fig, it was just a bit dry. Asparagus was so over salted that we couldn't eat it. I don't even remember which dessert I had, it was not at all memorable. Husband had the mustard crusted salmon, which he enjoyed. I can only say it was far better than anything else we tried. Bar was very noisy and echoed through the mostly empty dining area. Lovely view, and friendly wait staff, but the food was reminiscent of a poorly catered wedding. Bunny hop anyone?Special Features:
- Great experienceCCT1Dined on 3/14/2014This is my first time to eat here during lunch and had a wonderful experience. Our servers were attentive and the food was excellent. Will definitely go back here again.Special Features:
- Poor serviceLeslieKVIPDined on 3/8/2014Changed what the menu called for and didn't tell us and when we asked the waitress she said she didn't know why and never checked on it or got back to us.
- Wasted a Saturday Night DinnerMealLovDined on 3/8/2014It was Restaurant Week. We ordered from that menu. Mistake number 1. Asking the waitress her opinions on the selections was mistake number 2. We did eat our desserts since we did not eat much of our meals. We said nothing and left. Dining room is lovely. However one table was very loud which echoed throughout and did fit the ambience of the room. Maybe their regular menu is a better fit for diners.
- Not any goodLillEHTDined on 3/8/2014Poor, slow service. The food was just OK. Would not go again. Went during Atlantic City Restaurant Week, so there were only three entrée' to choose from which would be fine if any of them taste good. There were five of us so between us we ordered everything offered. Nothing was worth having. Good thing they have a golf course but if you want good food go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Pretty view, nice foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Thought the food for restaurant week was very good. Had the wings, gumbo, chicken pot pie and beef stew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceFriendsDined on 3/8/2014We went for lunch for restaurant week. Our server was unattentive and smelled like cigarettes. The food was lackluster and our entire group was ill. We lost 2 days of work. Not the best time, however, we have had good meals there in the past.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Guest2FoodiesDined on 3/6/2014Food was good. However the presentation of the chicken pot pie changed three times during my lunch. One lattice top, one puff pastry top, one ? Traditional crust.Special Features:
- ENJOYMENTVJOYDined on 3/5/2014My friend and I spent the afternoon talking and enjoying the lunch at AC Country Club with pleasure. We will make this our place to meet. Everyone was pleasant and the food delicious, and there parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living on it's pastnamelessVIPDined on 3/5/2014It took longer to get our check than it did to eat the meal. Very disorganized. One person takes and order, another serves it and yet another checks to see if all is ok. Avoid lunch. It is over priced and they have reduced the portions. They also have a very limited selection for lunch.
- good and badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2014I had lunch here for restaurant week 2013, and decided to try dinner this year. Sadly, the duck was under cooked and the dessert was not very good. The view was amazing, and the staff was friendly, but the food fell short. I would give it another try though in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyableWilmaDined on 3/2/2014Food was very good - so was the service - great view - love the old world atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love, love AC CountryLocalGirlDined on 3/2/2014Love, love, love AC Country Club - Taproom Bare and Grille!!!Special Features:
- Great food no RosemikeDined on 2/16/2014I've been attending Atlantic City country club brunches for years, The food is awesome always perfectly cooked and the staff is very polite, plus you have to love the views of Atlantic City. The country club is a Great place for romantic dining, The only bad thing I can say is, My sweetie never got her complementary rose at our Valentine brunch this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was SuperbSecretAdmirerDined on 2/14/2014The waitress was sub par. We ordered dinner and didn't see her for quite a while. The food was served we finished and then again no sign of the waitress. Overall the food is the only thing that would keep me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year 2014VJOYDined on 12/31/2013Food is always good, love when Richard plays the piano only, without the extra organ keyboard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to the AC Grill forFineDining1VIPDined on 12/31/2013We went to the AC Grill for New Year's Eve. The PIANO PLAYER made the evening. He was absolutely fabulous. The food was delicious, well prepared and excellent. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing start to 2014hawk1Dined on 12/31/2013I was truly disappointed in the quality and value of the New Year's Eve dinner. The club is beautiful but the dining experience poor. The music was so loud that diners had to shout to be heard, and was not turned down despite multiple requests. The staff seemed harried and short, despite the fact that it was a fixed menu. We didn't know who our server was as several came to the table. There were no smiles, no inquiries to food acceptability... none of the usual standards seemed to apply. Food was obviously precooked. Steaks were not done to temperature, despite a second try. Who does scallops not to order? The salad was tasteless and clearly plated hours earlier with wilted pecans on the plate. Cocktail half empty. Very sad!
- FamilyMollyDined on 11/28/2013My family and I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner here on Thursday . We were a party of six and were greeted and seated immediately despite the crowd that was leaving from the last seating . It was our first time at the Country Club . What a lovely dining room we walked into ! The buffet was bountiful , well-maintained and delicious . So many fresh choices from appetizers to dessert . Our server was superb , it was as if he was our private server . We had a very wonderful time ! Thank you ACCC . We look forward to returning soon . The Tap Room looks very inviting !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find help on a holidayDancegangDined on 11/28/2013My table waited quite awhile for a waiter. Waited for drinks and even water. It was a buffet and appetizer line was long wait. Food was very good except for desserts. Family had a more than pleasant time but you had to be patient. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencepattyDined on 8/17/2013everything was exquisite. chef appearing at the table was a highlight. clams casino that he sent to the table were the best we ever had. service was immpecable. the chef even remembered our grandson. will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below 'par' .....namelessVIPDined on 7/26/2013........and not in a good way. The food was all cold on a slow day. The service is very disorganized. Prices are high given the quality. Poor selections and menu items not available???? (It's a SMALL menu!!!)
- Constructive criticismOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2013When I walk inti ACCC, I almost feel like walking out. What is going on with the l Lobby room, or rather, what is not going on? It looks terrible, bare and unwelcoming, like a neglected stepchild. It should be a WOW fist impression instead of looking like a storage space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/22/2013The food was very good but they need more help on weekends. It was very loud but the round tables helped. Our waitress was exceptional very caring and knowledgeable .Special Features:
- Did Father's Day brunch andPhilDined on 6/16/2013Did Father's Day brunch and it was great. Our server (Robert) was very attentive to our needs. Great buffett selection and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchJustfab2Dined on 6/16/2013We went for a Father's Day brunch and prime rib was available for this brunch. My husband liked everything especially the carved prime rib and the salmon. I loved the fresh fruits and made to order omelet. We sat by the window and loved the view. Tom, our waiter, was very pleasant. The coffee was a little bitter. However, we will definitely do brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Good Entertainementtfisch100Dined on 5/12/2013Very good golf course restaurant. Great view of the course from the dining areas. I have been to many functions at this location but this was my first time eating in the restaurant. I enjoyed the energy of the restaurant and the pianist played wonderfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchTracyDined on 5/12/2013We went for brunch on Mother's Day. Food was great, plenty of choices, service was good. Had 2 children with us ages 6 and 8 waiter didn't even charge them( check said under 4 year old brunch $0) which I thought was EXTREMLY fair being that a 6 and 8 year old do not eat the $17.99 price for children! Would defiantly return again!Special Features:
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013After many times trying to get a reservation there, we finally got one for the Mother's Day brunch. The service was wonderful and the view of the gold course was beautiful. I thought the food was pretty good, but for the price, I would rather go to the Smithville Inn for brunch. I liked the food better at Smithville. Everyone in our party liked ACCC though.Special Features:
- DisappointedtheeysDined on 5/12/2013Have been to A.C Country Club a couple times for Restaurant Week when the food was outstanding. Expected the same at brunch, that's why this restaurant was chosen. Overall the food did not look appealing and what I did eat was bland. Imagine cutting into hard boiled eggs benedict. Could have found comparable experience for a LOT cheaper. However, I would like to recognize the bus service, not wait service, who was extremely attentive and worked extremely hard.
- Brunchtabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013AC was fantastic for Mother's Day Brunch. This was our second time coming and it was again so very successful. We just love spending the time together and enjoying brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2013Atlantic City Country Club was wonderful in helping us to celebrate our Anniversary. We had very romantic table and was never rushed. The chef personally came out and visited us. Everyone wished us a Happy Anniversary and even made a special desert for us. It was a quiet, fantastic dinner for two overworked parents to remember why they fell in love with each other in the first place. We are both foodies and appreciate a great meal, the food held to an amazing standard and was fantastic. We were even able to amend our selections based on specific preferences. All around fabulous!Special Features:
- JUST AWESOME!!! Had the EasterBuzzDined on 3/31/2013JUST AWESOME!!! Had the Easter Buffet and was completely satisfied. Totally will be heading back. Do not hesitate to choose AC CC.Special Features:
- Best. Easter. Brunch. Ever.tbird1021VIPDined on 3/31/2013Had Easter Brunch (buffet) at the Country Club (11:30 seating) - our first experience at the Taproom. An impressive spread of fabulous food. Everything from breads & pastries to grilled veggies & smoked salmon to omelet stations (with TONS of items to put in them) & carving stations. The garlic mashed potatoes and beef goulash was my favorite! There were a ton of desserts to choose from! One of which was dark chocolate covered strawberries - which were to die for!! We added some Bloody Mary's and Mimosas to our meal to enhance the experience. My only suggestion would be to eat your omelet first or last - because with entire place seating at one time (every 2 hours), the lines to get one can get long. I can't wait to return for brunch again!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2013It was nice to finally give the Taproom Bar & Grille a try. I would definitely try this restaurant again and recommend it to a friend, but I would try during their busy season to really see how the food, atmosphere, and service stand up. Had a great time with friends / Had an okay experience with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013We went to an extended AC Restaurant week lunch. The place was empty because we were eating at 4 in the afternoon. The wait staff was very attentive even though we were the only people there. Sometimes if a place is slow, the wait staff slows down too, not this time. The food was delicious. We all had different items from the special menu. The pot pie was huge and delicious, the burger sliders were tasty and the herb filled raviolis with chicken was very good. I had the salad with brie in a puff pastry. It too was delicious, but not nearly as impressive looking as the other entrees. For dessert, we were treated to chocolate waffles with a chocolate covered banana and vanilla ice cream, also very good.Special Features:
- Made the reservation overAuntieJanDined on 3/17/2013Made the reservation over a week before and it was accepted. Was even sent a reminder a couple days before, too. I left a message with the restaurant asking for a table by the window. They called back the day of our reservation to tell us they do NOT serve at that time of day (3:45pm), and stop serving at 2:00pm! If I had not called for the table request, would we have been standing at the door with it locked? Very poor service on the part of open table and AC Country Club!
- Everything was really great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013Everything was really great. Service was excellent and food was too. The only complaint I have is we went for lunch which is supposed to go until 5. Our reservation was for 4:30. When we got there, it was empty. They told us they stopped serving lunch early because it was slow and they wanted to change over to dinner. They had extended restaurant week so lunch was only $15. Dinner was $33. So they gave us an extra selection to choose from for dinner.
- Food, service and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013Food, service and reasonable wine list made for a very enjoyable meal. Only complaint was the two large, noisy parties that were seated next to us toward the end of the meal - at that point we were anxious to leave.