Abrusci's Italian Restaurant - Wheat Ridge
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Abrusci's Italian Restaurant - Wheat Ridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.abruscis.com/
- Phone: 3032322424
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday 11am to 9pm
Friday and Saturday 11am to 10pm
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Steve Progar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Abrusci's offers catering for every venue and budget. Whether your event is for 16 people or 600 people, Abrusci's years of Catering Experience and Professional Staff will make any event a success. Not only can we provide our fantastic Italian menu, but we can also do Mexican, American, Hawaiian and more! Formal menu options, too. Anything you can imagine, we can provide. Large Drop-off and Delivery rates are also available.
- Private Party Facilities: La Terrazza is our beautiful, Tuscan inspired, private banquet facility. We can accommodate any serving style, including Buffets, Family-Style
Dining, or Plated Dinners for up to 60 guests. From Baby Showers to Holiday Parties, Business Meetings to Intimate Dining, La Terrazza is the perfect fit for any event. We also offer many additional services including Private Bar Service and a state-of-the-art Sound System. Full Gluten-Free Menu available.
- Private Party Contact: Annie Phillips 9705318579
- Special Events: Give us a call for your special event. Whether it's catering or something simple, we aim to please and have a staff that loves to get creative.
A word from Abrusci's Italian Restaurant - Wheat Ridge
Locally owned, family style Italian restaurant with separate bar, dining room and patio, plus a private banquet room for functions up to 70 people. Abrusci's has been operating for over 12 years and welcomes new customers as well as our many returning customers. Come by for a meal, lunch or dinner, and bring your friends looking for a gluten free menu. We have almost every item available on our gluten free menu and will also assist with other dietary restrictions gladly!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Abrusci's Italian Restaurant - Wheat Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Don't let the strip mall fool youOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2013Abrusci's is in a strip mall in a location that you wouldn't think would be good for fine dining, but surprise it is very good. Inside the restaurant has a good ambience and you forget you are at a strip mall. We went there for the first time for a special occasion and had an appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert. Portions were a nice size and everybody liked what they ordered. It is definitely someplace we will go back to on occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Casual DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2013The garlic compote in oil for the bread was excellent. Food was good and reasonably priced. A good family place, not so much for a romantic dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Gluten Free Italian so farFoodloverVIPDined on 5/8/2013I wasn't expecting much from this restaurant, partly because it's located in a strip mall. Probably not the best way to judge a restaurant, but I tend to like the neighborhoods where they are situated. Having said that, we were in a hurry and didn't want to drive down town so this place was a great find. The service was excellent, and food was awesome. We shared the Risotto balls made with Italian sausage and they were full of wonderful flavors. I had the Gluten free Bucatini with Grilled Chicken and Basil Sausage which was also delicious (and the portion size was huge). I ended up having to have my husband finish the plate because there was so much food. We will definitely be back to check out some of the other dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Casual Italian DiningBarbDined on 5/4/2013Each person in our group of 4 ordered a different entrée - pastas, chicken and veal - and all were very good. One person in our group is gluten free, and they have an extensive menu of both pastas and meat dishes to accommodate that need. Gluten free pasta is often marginal in taste and texture, but theirs was truly excellent. Being family friendly it is very noisy, and the tables are quite close together. We would definitely return and request a table in the back room where it seemed to be less frantic. All agreed that we would definitely return.Special Features:
- gluten free optionsglutenfreedinerDined on 5/4/2013It is so nice to dine at a knowledgeable place when looking for good gluten free food! One member of the party was also vegetarian and there were many options. Good wine list, excellent service. My only complaint is that the price hike for gluten free food and bread is excessive. Why should we be penalized for our medical condition?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends Reunionwine1Dined on 4/27/2013Service,atmosphere,most of the food was wonderful. One of my friends & l had the filet and it was cooked very well done,but was ordered med well. Disappointing but not an evening breaker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been there before andCathDined on 4/25/2013We've been there before and enjoyed it, but I thought the food was a little on the bland side. Their garlic and olive oil dip for bread is outstanding !
- Always delicious, this family-styleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2013Always delicious, this family-style Italian restaurant is a family favorite!Special Features:
- Have eaten at the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Have eaten at the restaurant many times over the years. Unfortunately, last week's experience was not very favorable. The server spilled a glass of wine into our dish of dipping sauce for the bread and also on me. She never offered to replace the glass of wine (we had purchased a bottle), we had to ask for a new dish of dipping sauce, and she never offered to pay for the dry-cleaning for the off-white scarf that was stained. She was embarrassed, but that doesn't make up for the lack of consideration. The management needs to train their staff on how to handle these occurrences - because they do happen.Special Features:
- Bountiful Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013The choices were amazing. Loved the make your own omelet bar. Fresh fruit, seafood, fresh sliced prime rib, multiple side dishes, a kid station, and a desert bar. Everything tasted great. With so many people for the holiday it was a bit loud, but expected with that many large family groups. Plenty of room for everyone to move and enjoy at the buffet. Got seated without having to wait. Great experience overall. Good price for the amount and quality of food offered. Would definitely recommend the Brunch to everyone.Special Features:
- Comfortable dining, Italian styleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013If you're in the mood for some great Italian food, good wine, and great service, you'd be hard pressed to find a better place than Abrusci's. The ambiance, while not the quietest or most private, is... with the right table, quite comfortable. The price is right too.Special Features:
- Another great meal and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/20/2013Another great meal and great evening spent with good friends and fine food at Abrusci's.Special Features:
- Food was good - seated immediatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2013Food was good - seated immediately - service was very good.Special Features:
- I like the fact that the haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012I like the fact that the have a great gluten free dining experience which for an Italian restaurant is amazing.Special Features:
- The bread and garlic paste/oilOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012The bread and garlic paste/oil is to die for. The food is delicious and you can choose individual portions or family style which is perfect for a variety of tastes.Special Features:
- Best gluten free food in ALLOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012Best gluten free food in ALL of the Denver metro area that I have found. There are zero, no, nada, not any other restaurants that have gluten free pasta noodles in anything other than elbow noodles, EXCEPT Abrusci's - WheatRidge. And what I had New Year's Eve was great. The only reason I did not say food was outstanding is that the marinara sauce could use a little help. And the gluten free bread they offer is also outstanding.
- Absolutely worst Italian in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2012We used open table to find a quick bite to eat near Colorado Mills Mall. As soon as we arrived there was a guest using his iPhone to show videos to his accompanying guests with the volume loud enough for everyone to hear throughout the dining area. Loud children added to the dining experience. While we complained to the waitress nothing was said to either party. My wife and I had the soup of the day which tasted like melted cheese whiz with parprika. It was horrible! We ordered a bottle of the house Chianti which proved to be expected house wine. For our main course we ordered the recommended top seller pasta dish. Chef Boy Ordee could have satisfied me more. The pasta was bland and compared to a frozen entree bought at a store.
- A little busy for a Thursday,BobatCoorsDined on 12/27/2012A little busy for a Thursday, but to be expected as it is between Christmas and New Year's Day. The service was excellent and the manager visited us to insure all things were perfect. Thank you for a great experience.
- Your gluten-free options makeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/26/2012Your gluten-free options make this a new favorite of my families. Thank you for being so aware of the needs of GF diners. Your GF bread was divine and I loved the GF chicken parm. Thank you!Special Features:
- Awesome Italian Restaurant. IfOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/23/2012Awesome Italian Restaurant. If you suffer from gluten allergies and havent been able to enjoy a nice pasta or sandwich or pizza. Then Abrusci's is the place you have been looking for. Huge gluten free menu... Even including Fried Calamari. Which Tastes actually even better that the origional. Outstanding service. Ask for Mary-Beth... Perfect Experience. Thank you...Special Features:
- The Specials were specialBigcatDined on 12/22/2012Dave and his team took excellent care of us. Very personal and on top of it.Special Features:
- A Local Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2012I visited this restaurant for the first time about 5 years ago. A year or so later, I was diagnosed as having a reaction to gluten, which is in most Italian staples, especially pasta and bread products. To my surprise Abursci's serves gluten free pastas and breads. This restaurant was not only delicious 5 years ago but I appreciate the wonderful food it provides even more now with my limited options. Thank you for having a gluten free option for your wonderful Italian cuisine!Special Features:
- What a treat for my wife!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012What a treat for my wife! She has to have Gluten Free. What an extensive menu for her to choose from. They even had hootenannies free bread for her to dip in an olive oil/garlic paste, wonderful. We chose the house cianti wine. It was smooth and delicious. I ate the spaghetti with Italian sausage and Bolenase sauce. The meal was delicious. We weren't expecting much because of the location. What a pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- We came to celebrate my husband'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2012We came to celebrate my husband's birthday. The music from the speaker over our heads was excessively loud. We asked for volume to be turned down. It wasn't. As the room filled with customers, we could no longer carry on a conversation without raising our voices. I ordered "baked cauliflower with herbs" as a side dish. The cauliflower was NOT baked, it was steamed and so undercooked it took effort to cut it with a knife. There were NO herbs as advertised, only a few speaks of dried parsley. Totally tasteless. I asked the server if the cauliflower were baked and he said, "It's steamed, then sauteed." Entree portion sizes were small. We won't be back.
- They have an amazing "GlutenOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/6/2012They have an amazing "Gluten Free" menu. It is as big as the regular menu. All in all it was decent pasta. I Would go back.Special Features:
- Never going backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2012Upon being seated at 5:40 we were told bread and garlic would be brought promptly. Brought drinks. 10 min. later, and still no bread. Waiter: "Oh, we ran out and it's in the oven." When the bread came out 5 min. later, it wasn't even warm. Brought calamari and soup out at the same time, even though calamari was ordered with drinks. Minestrone was bland. Waiter never offered more bread/garlic even though we were out, and entrees hadn't been served yet. Entrees (chicken parm, chicken saltimbocca) were decent, but not great. We ordered molten lava cake, which is served warm with vanilla gelato according to menu. It came out without gelato. Waiter said, I don't think it comes with gelato, then said, "we're out of gelato."
- Great first date place.BigcatDined on 9/19/2012Awesome place still like cherry creek location better but great. These guys do a great jobSpecial Features:
- Great food, good portions,dineoutDined on 9/15/2012Great food, good portions, waiter makes good wine choices for meal.Special Features:
- Food and service were great!Gourmet1978VIPDined on 9/2/2012Food and service were great! Exactly what I wanted.Special Features:
- Ok food; good for groupspaddlegrl9VIPDined on 8/25/2012The food here was just average. Service was the best thing. They were accomodating of our group and the 2 birthdays we had
- Great local ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2012My cousin came from out of town, and we had a family get-together at Abrusci's - our second time. Service was friendly and very prompt the whole night. There was some noise later in the night from a live band outside. The garlic puree in the olive oil (on the table when we arrived) was great to get started, and the food was better than my expectations. I would compare their food favorably to Maggiano's (and I like Maggiano's). The calamari was hot and fresh. The pasta was perfectly al dente, the picatta was nice and lemony with lots of capers. The house Chianti is a great deal. I would give their house-made tiramisu a 4/5 - quite good. The only thing that was poor was my decaf coffee - it was thin and not very hot. Overall, very impressed.Special Features:
- Good value for the money andbuddyVIPDined on 8/17/2012Good value for the money and excellent staff and friendly.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful lunch!Mthede1VIPDined on 8/12/2012Sunday lunch with the girls- had the best time! We were in the mood for italian food and we chose wisely... Don't miss the Gorgonzola Salad, (all three of us couldn't resist), the Bucatini with Hazel Dell Mushrooms was delicious as well- very fresh! We all agreed that best entree was indeed true to it's word, (says so on the menu) the Rigatoni and Sausage was the 'best item on the menu'. Portion sizes were generous, wine list was very reasonable and the service was outstanding! Dined out on the patio which was quite large and lovely on that sunny day. Can't wait to return to taste their dinner menu!Special Features:
- Great for both business and familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2012We've been to Abrusci's many times for business lunches and for dinner with friends. I chose this restaurant to host a dinner for 20 professionals who had flown in for a 2 day business meeting. Everyone loved the food! Portions were very large, wine selection was just right - a nice selection in the right price range. A bargain overall!Special Features:
- We have two family membersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2012We have two family members who must eat gluten free and Abrusci's gluten free menu is extensive and the food delicious.Special Features:
- I found this restaurant toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012I found this restaurant to be over priced for the quality, ambiance, and service. We were looking for an upsale place to celebrate Mother's Day and a significant birthday, via a Mother's Day Brunch. This place just fell way short. - DisappointedSpecial Features:
- We had the pleasure of diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We had the pleasure of dining at Abursci's Italian Restaurant this past Mother's Day. We enjoyed their brunch, great service, nice ambiance and had a wonderful time overall. The restaurant is far from our home, but we will make it a point to dine there again for a special occasion or anytime we are in the neighborhood. I wish they had one closer to our home! The buffet brunch on Mother's Day was fantastic!Special Features:
- We went for the Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012We went for the Mother's Day brunch, so I'm sure our dining experience was not the norm. But all the food was great and I would definitely go again for a special occasion brunch. I'm also now interested in going back to try the regular menu since everything we had was so good.Special Features:
- Disappointed with the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012Disappointed with the food. Meatballs were awful. Won't be back.
- My family enjoyed brunch atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2012My family enjoyed brunch at abrusci's. The wait staff was friendly, food was very tasty and location convenient to our home. There were abundant choices for food ...omelets, waffles, Italian, seafood, etc. Everyone in our party commented on how much they enjoyed the meal. I was surprised when the bill arrived to find that the coffee and tea weren't included in the $29.00 per person price. I also felt that my 90 year old mother should have received a senior discount. All in all, it was a positive experience. We will eat at Abrusci's again.Special Features: