Abrusci's Italian Eatery
300 Fillmore Street Unit K
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Abrusci's Italian Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abruscis.com/cherrycreek/
- Phone: 3034620513
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Edgar Poot-Bermejo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Abrusci’s offers catering for every venue and budget. Whether your event is for 16 people or 600 people, Abrusci's many years of Catering Experience and Professional Staff will make any event a success. Not only can we provide our fantastic Italian menu, but we can also do Mexican, American, Hawaiian and more! Formal menu options, too. Large Drop-off and Delivery rates are also available.
- Private Party Facilities: La Grotta is a semi-private room towards the back of our restaurant that allows for parties of up to 22 people comfortably. We can accommodate either Family-Style Dining or Plated Dinners.
From Baby Showers to Holiday Parties, Business Meetings to Intimate Dining, La Grotta is a good fit for smaller parties. We also offer many additional services including Private Bar Service and also have a full Gluten-Free Menu.
We also can reserve the restaurant for larger parties during the day as we are only open for dinner. The restaurant can accommodate over 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Annie Lavinsky 9705318579
- Special Events: Wine tastings monthly and quarterly wine dinners. Please see our website for dates and details.
A word from Abrusci's Italian Eatery
We are a locally owned, Italian restaurant with a welcoming bar environment, comfy patio seating and an open dining room. We also have a semi-private room, La Grotta, for special functions, seating up to 25 guests. Luke Thompson is our General Manager and Chef Edgar, our executive chef. We opened our doors in April of 2010 and operate another store in Applewood/Wheat Ridge that has been in business since November 2000. We specialize in gluten free Italian food, offering most of our menu gluten free including most of our desserts. Our wine by the glass offerings have topped 33 selections as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Abrusci's Italian Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
- SLOW danceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Arrived about 6:20, ordered and did not receive our entrees till well after 7pm. Our server was wonderful and kept apologizing but the delivery was extremely slow - noticed other diners waiting as well. Food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu change is disappointing.birdloverDined on 5/11/2013Menu change is disappointing. It is no longer an Italian restaurant. The prices have gone up to match the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Re Grand OpeningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/20131000 times better than the last time I was there onkly a month or two ago. The Halibut Cakes were excellant and so was the braised short rib linguini. I was not thrilled with the pistachio crusted mozzarella. Pistachio should be a finer ground, not big chunks. Just bad texture.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2013Abrusci's has been one of our most favo rite restaurants in the past until we ate there this past Saturday May 3. They have changed their menu completely, non of the old favorites, too foo foo and not near as tasty. We brought friends for the first time and needless to say, were very disappointed!Special Features:
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2013This was my first time at Abrusci's and I enjoyed it very much. I would definitely return. The food was good and our waiter was wonderful, though he did mess up the order for one of us and we had to search him out more than once. But he was very good about boxing up the incorrect meal for her and bringing her another. My only real complaint is the parking. It was difficult to find a place nearby to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gluten free selections!steviegtrVIPDined on 5/3/2013Good food with great selection of gluten free options. Good live music on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The prices should be halfJoePVIPDined on 4/25/2013The prices should be half of what is charge given the quality of the food and ambiance.
- We were there at 5:00, soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2013We were there at 5:00, so we were gone before later-diners/cocktail guests would have arrived. Our food was delicious, and we'll definitely go back. The new menu has more choices, which will appeal to persons ordering quail, lamb, etc. I had the beef short ribs and linguini, and my husband had the quail, which he said was delicious and reminded him of "comfort food." The waiter and manager were very personable and went out of their way to make sure our dinner was up to their expectations -- and ours.Special Features:
- Not BadFatDaddyVIPDined on 4/21/2013Took our two kids here for dinner. The food was good. The service was not as good as usual. ...We got the rookie.Special Features:
- We took a relative from PennsylvaniSteveDined on 4/20/2013We took a relative from Pennsylvania out to dinner. I chose Abrusci's in Cherry Creek because I have always had a good experience at their Applewood location. Our waiter was attentive (with a sense of humor!), the spareribs and pasta were perfect. The relative truly enjoyed his first glimpse of what Denver has to offer on the dining scene. If he decides to move here we will have to give him a gift certificate for Abrusci's. Lovely evening!
- Great food and charming interiorChrisDined on 4/20/2013Easily fit our party of 7. Food and service was on par for the prices. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The menu made it easy to identify which items could be made gluten freeSpecial Features:
- Wonderful new menu. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/16/2013Wonderful new menu. The food was excellent. The waiter knew the menu well and kept tabs on us frequently. He was very friendly. The wine list had nice selections from various wine regions. The wine and plate prices were reasonable and not over priced. Did I say the food was fabulous? Yes!Special Features:
- The new menu works!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/16/2013Abrusci's was just beginning it's summer menu and we tried several of the new items. Each was delicious. We arrived early and had a baby in tow. The staff made us feel welcome and the overall experience was great. The bartender makes a "mean" martini!!Special Features:
- Best Italian Eatery in Cherry CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013The staff was amazing and the food was incredible! Went with a large group, reserved a table on the patio and they followed through. Overall best Italian eatery in Cherry Creek area!!Special Features:
- I love their penne GorgonzolaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/4/2013I love their penne Gorgonzola with dried cherries!Special Features:
- The food was mostly just mediocre.GVGirlDined on 3/23/2013The food was mostly just mediocre. The wedge salad was a little brown. They were out of several entrees at 7:00 on a Saturday night. The spicy chicken dish was just passable, and small. Of the six desserts on the menu, two were not available, and they were both the chocolate ones. We were offered a lemon-lime cake instead.
- This was a first time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013This was a first time visit partly due to a 2 for one coupon.What a pleasant surprise.Marvelous food.Fairly priced.Especially nice staff...I hope to return often.Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceFatDaddyVIPDined on 3/17/2013We ate dinner in the bar area of Abrusci's. The food was good. The service was awesome. Our server, Billy, was over the top great. He should train other watrons around town.Special Features:
- The staff was way too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013The staff was way too much fun. Bobby & Billy provided outstanding service. Billy put up with all our questions and critiques with a great smile while finding our answers. We thought the bar was great for happy hour. The food was ok--sauces were a little too heavy, more like tomato paste. The farfalle was light but dry. The gluten free french bread had a nice outside crunchiness but the inside was doughy.Special Features:
- Not terribly impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013Not terribly impressed with the food or wine selection and the service was well... less than adequate and that is being nice. Would return for a quick bite on a night when you don't want to cook for a second chance but that would be the extent of it.
- The food was amazing! WouldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013The food was amazing! Would highly recommend the wedge salad!
- Good ValueFreshVIPDined on 3/7/2013Consistent food, we had the 52.80 plan and it was worth the value, very good.Special Features:
- Met frinds for dinner, hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013Met frinds for dinner, had a lot of fun. The food was delicious and the staff was laughing with and entertaining us all night. Head chef came over with Lemoncillo too. Thanks Abrusci's for a great night.Special Features:
- Meal was absolutely delicious,WoodenTableRegularDined on 3/3/2013Meal was absolutely delicious, and restaurant is QUIET, great for conversation, on this particular Sunday evening. We loved it!Special Features:
- Our server Scotty was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2013Our server Scotty was excellent - immediate attention from all staff looking to meet our needs. The 5280 menu was exceptional!Special Features:
- There were 6 in our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013There were 6 in our party and we had a great time. The $52.80 menu was outstanding. A good choice for anyone. Happy Hour prices only at the bar and they were good. We could converse with each other w/out having to shout. The service was very good and absolutely nothing to complain about. A perpect place for a great dinner!Special Features:
- Italian ExperiencejoyceDined on 3/1/2013Wonderful 5280 experience. Would certainly go back again. Katy our server could not have been better, friendly and knowledgable about the menu items. Could visit easily. The food was excellant and we enjoyed the portions of the appetizers as we could share them.Special Features:
- my overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013my overall experience was great. the staff was absolutely amazing.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner veryDinner4TwoDined on 3/1/2013We enjoyed our dinner very much. The service was great and we were not rushed.
- My friend and I wanted a tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013My friend and I wanted a tasty but unadventurous meal, a good glass of wine and a quiet, unhurried place to catch up on our busy lives. That's exactly what we got at Abrusci's. Plus, really great service.Special Features:
- Abruscis is s lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013Abruscis is s lovely restaurant in the heart of Cherry Creek. The clam linguine and spinach lasagna were delicious. Our waiter was helpful and attentive without being obtrusive. The ambiance was quiet even though it was fairly busy with a 5280 crowd. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- We were celebrating a friend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We were celebrating a friend's birthday and had a really lovely time.Special Features:
- This was my families secondOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013This was my families second time dining here. I wanted to like it better this time, because of it's good reviews for gluten free dining. However, I cannot even recommend it for that. I cook gluten free at home every day and know that it is not that hard. My experience the first time was lackluster, this time the food was just bad! All of our dishes were drowned in sauce so acidic and salty that it was hard to eat. My pasta was stuck together in a hard ball and my eggplant was bitter from not having basic prep done. I give them kudos for offering a bunch of items on the gluten free menu, but it needs to be of good quality. Our server was very sweet, but apparently they were understaffed for the beginning of restaurant week.
- Excellent food and service;apbearDined on 2/23/2013Excellent food and service; despite the crowd we were not rushed by our server and were able to sit and chat over several bottles of wine.Special Features:
- We had the worst meal at Abrusci'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013We had the worst meal at Abrusci's we have eaten at a restaurant in a long time. The food was very poorly prepared. Everything was overdone. Way too much cheese and dressing on the salads, making it too soggy to eat, way too much oil and butter in the pasta so only ate a little, and way too heavy meat sauce with too little flavor. Literally could feel a film of fat on my tongue and roof of my mouth at the end of the meal. Not worth the calories, and certainly not worth the price. Will never go there again, and certainly won't recommend to our friends. Italian is our favorite, and we know the difference between good and bad Italian food. This was bad and more importantly, disappointing on an evening we expected to have a nice meal.
- 5280 Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013We dined at Abrusci's for 5280 and the menu was divine. We will most certainly return for another great night out. I also highly recommend the espresso martini! Robyn HanleySpecial Features:
- We went to Abrusci's to takeCarlosDined on 2/23/2013We went to Abrusci's to take advantage of the Denver Restaurant Week $52.80 dinner-for-two offer. My wife and I had three course meal and both of us had mixed reviews. Some of the food was really good (veal saltimbocca, tiramisu), but some of it was bland and unremarkable (bruscetta, polenta that came with the veal). Overall, we expected the quality of the food to be better. The wait staff was attentive and friendly and the ambiance was nice.Special Features:
- Not only do they have an amazingSchneitmVIPDined on 2/22/2013Not only do they have an amazing gluten-free selection, but they also have a couple vegetarian friendly dishes. The food was delicious & the service was great! Will definitely be visiting againSpecial Features:
- We went for Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We went for Valentine's Day and I was pleased that they had a special couples dinner offer. The food was wonderful, and we were well looked after despite a full restaurant. It was truly a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Great gluten free menu - trulyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/12/2013Great gluten free menu - truly enjoyed the food and the service!Special Features: