291 3rd Street
Cambridge, MA 02142Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.abigailskendall.com/
- Phone: 6179459086
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Discounted Parking, with Validation *Imperial Parking 1010 Sixth Avenue enter on 38th Street between Fifth & Sixth Avenues Mon – Sat: 6:00pm – 12:00am Sun: 4:00pm – 12:00am $15/$25 larger vehicles Parking stub must be validated while dining at Abigael’s. Meal receipts will not suffice as validation. *Street Parking is also available after 7:00. Be sure to read the NYC parking signs.
A word from Abigail's
Welcome to Abigael’s on Broadway, the world's largest and most prestigious Kosher restaurant, emphasizing the flavors of modern America, while setting a new standard in Kosher cuisine. Executive Chef and c-owner, Jeff Nathan, is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, a James Beard Award winner and cookbook author of two bestselling books. Abigael's on Broadway is a casually elegant, two level restaurant accommodating up to 350 guests. The menu offers an array of globally eclectic American fare, Latin comfort foods and Sushi & Pan Asian specialties that are surprisingly, deliciously Kosher. Our culinary philosophy is simple. We believe our guests' desire for a superb dining experience should be met with creativity and passion. With award-winning chef Jeff Nathan at the helm, highly acclaimed cuisine and elegant yet energetic atmosphere, it's easy to see why Abigael’s has become a destination restaurant for both our Kosher and non-Kosher guests alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Abigail's reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (6)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Would go backFoodMattersDined on 9/18/2014Great accommodations for our party of 12... Not a lot of gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- after the PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Our reservation was initially canceleled. The second reservation, after a function, ended in a corner place. We were told, a table would be ready in 10 minutes, nobody cared afterwards. The food was good and some of the service people tried their best.Special Features:
- A Solid MehFletchDined on 9/15/2014I've been here a few times since it has opened and each time the place has gone down hill bit by bit. Don't get me wrong, it's still an above average restaurant with some great seasonal offerings, but it's becoming difficult to justify the price at this point. The waiter we had, and granted it was a Monday night, was a nervous wreck at the table. Sometimes he would come up to the table, look at us and then just turn around and walk away, it was hilarious, but sadly poor service. My pasta entree was bland, the report of the veggie burger was that it was a miss. The hen entree received rave reviews though so be sure to check that out. Maybe it was just an off night for the place, we all have those but I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Poor service 2nd time in a rowWorklunchDined on 9/11/2014Don't go here for lunch if you just want to eat with your colleagues and get back to work. Our waitress was no where to be found anytime after we place our order (for drink refills, the check and for packing up leftovers). The place was less than half full - we actually were prepared to order dessert but gave up after 20 min of attempting to get service. Won't be back anytime soon.
- AWESOMECCmaria62Dined on 8/28/2014Went there last night and had a fantastic time. The waiter with the mustache /beard was particularly knowledgeable (ok let me say it - phenomenal) about food and wine pairing. I had a white Bordeaux that was UN-BELIEVABLE with my lamb. See I am not fond of 'white' - especially with red meat. AKA white zinfandel should be shot. It was perfect. BRAVO TO YOU!Special Features:
- good food bad serviceKlassyKlinksDined on 8/27/2014I went to Abigails for lunch with my boss and two Co-workers and was disappointed with our service. Our server was not the most personable or customer friendly.honestly, she seemed extremely bored and it was obvious in the way she served us. We waited over a half hour for our lunch (3 salads and a sandwich). Our server barely checked in with us to see if we needed anything. the food was good but with the service not sure if it's worth going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the food and drinks here. We shared the cheddarale fries to start--rich, house made fries with a cheddar-beer sauce that was the perfect consistency. I had the smoked and grilled hen, which was outstanding--smoky, sweet, and rich. My wife ordered the cappelini with burrata, which she really enjoyed as well. Creative drink menu and good music as well.Special Features:
- ChaoticMarKevVIPDined on 8/18/2014We had no idea the restaurant has do-your-own-paint night every Mondays. Wish someone had told us in advance. It was the most chaotic, noise-filled dining we've ever experienced. 1/2 of the dining area was taken up for the painters, leaving the other 1/2 for regular diners. Problem was, the instructor wore this headpiece microphone to talk to her students. The restaurant had on an entire album of Willie Nelson Greatest Hits playing in the background. The instructor felt it was necessary to compete with Willie so her students can hear HER. Well hello?? What about the rest of us who came there to enjoy a meal, instead of listening of how to get the perfect shade for sunset. Although the food was delicious, the whole experience was ruined.
- Maybe it was an off nightLarryDined on 8/16/2014Service was average, food was disappointing. This was our second time at Abigail's. When we first arrived, there was a very loud party in the back of the main dining room so we moved outside. Service was uneven, sangria was mundane, shrimp cocktail soft and mushy (they didn't charge us after a quiet complaint), salad was average, burgers were good, but fries soggy and greasy. Didn't make us want to come back anytime soon.
- Slow service, maybe an off day?WorklunchDined on 8/14/2014We have been going to Abigails for years and their service is really hit or miss. This past visit was not fully a miss, but definately slow. We sat down and waited 20+ minutes from when we entered the restaurant for the waitress to bring us water/menu and the coffee we ordered (ended up asking the table busser and she brought it right away). Food came out within 30 minutes of ordering/took forever to get the check. Seemed to be only one waitress for the entire room - so slow, but tasty food as always. Will go back, but probably not our first choice when we want a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in Kendall SquareCelebratorDined on 8/12/2014Abigail's is a great choice. My husband and I staggered in at 9:25 pm following an exhausting day: we were hungry, thirsty, and needing caretaking. The staff was great; we were seated promptly at a nice sidewalk table in the fresh air. Our drinks were fabulous (a great, great drink list), and our burgers were fantastic. I ate some really yummy garlicky greens, and my hubby was very happy with his cheesy ale fries. Exactly what the doctor ordered for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/2/2014The bar tenders and cocktails are great. The food is mediocre, at best.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Abigail's reviews archive.