291 3rd Street
Cambridge, MA 02142Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.abigailskendall.com/
- Phone: (617) 945-9086
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:00am,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Discounted Parking, with Validation
1010 Sixth Avenue
enter on 38th Street between Fifth & Sixth Avenues
Mon – Sat: 6:00pm – 12:00am
Sun: 4:00pm – 12:00am
$15/$25 larger vehicles
Parking stub must be validated while dining at Abigael’s.
Meal receipts will not suffice as validation.
*Street Parking is also available after 7:00. Be sure to read the NYC parking signs.
A word from Abigail's
Abigail's is a full service neighborhood restaurant, serving ingredient inspired cuisine, craft beer and cocktails. Located in Kendall Sq , Abigail's is the realization of a long held dream, a labor of love named for our first love, Abigail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Abigail's reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (7)great for lunch (6)special occasion (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- abigail's in CambridgegoldenVIPDined on 11/7/2014The restaurant is attractive but the food was weak. Our appetizers were especially disappointing--the Calamari salad was truly awful, the Brussels sprouts were barely cooked and served in a vinegary sauce--so bad they were inedible and we sent them back. The entrees were better--we had the seared scallops with mushrooms and spinach and the chicken and dumplings. Both dishes were good--not great by any means. The service was too attentive--annoyingly and constantly asking how everything was before we'd had a chance to take a single bite. We will not return.
- disappointingCportVIPDined on 10/26/2014A lovely space but the food was disappointing. The chicken sandwich was dry and had little flavor, and the dumplings for the chicken and dumpling were heavy. Was expecting better.
- Was betterNicknameDined on 10/26/2014Food and service were okay, the cocktail list and cocktails are goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be scared by the old reviewsbenjyDined on 10/10/2014I was a bit cautious after seeing the strong bi-modal distribution of reviews. But they appear to have fixed their issues. The menu was not the same one as was available through open table, it was a bit more selective with fewer options, but they seem to know what they are doing. Overall i thought Abigail's was great. i did notice a bit of hesitation in waiter when explaining the specials, but nothing that worried me.Special Features:
- Not for meBusinessdinerVIPDined on 9/22/2014I'm always looking for good places in Cambridge to have a business lunch or dinner. Abigail's was definitely not that place. From our difficulties parking to the very loud music, it was hard to talk. The food was okay and the service was adequate. I will probably not return.
- Would go backFoodMattersDined on 9/18/2014Great accommodations for our party of 12... Not a lot of gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sanofi Oncology GMAChurchCleckDined on 9/17/2014Helllo, Our group had a nice experience at your restaurant. aSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- after the PartyRudyDined on 9/16/2014Our reservation was initially canceleled. The second reservation, after a function, ended in a corner place. We were told, a table would be ready in 10 minutes, nobody cared afterwards. The food was good and some of the service people tried their best.Special Features:
- A Solid MehFletchDined on 9/15/2014I've been here a few times since it has opened and each time the place has gone down hill bit by bit. Don't get me wrong, it's still an above average restaurant with some great seasonal offerings, but it's becoming difficult to justify the price at this point. The waiter we had, and granted it was a Monday night, was a nervous wreck at the table. Sometimes he would come up to the table, look at us and then just turn around and walk away, it was hilarious, but sadly poor service. My pasta entree was bland, the report of the veggie burger was that it was a miss. The hen entree received rave reviews though so be sure to check that out. Maybe it was just an off night for the place, we all have those but I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Poor service 2nd time in a rowWorklunchDined on 9/11/2014Don't go here for lunch if you just want to eat with your colleagues and get back to work. Our waitress was no where to be found anytime after we place our order (for drink refills, the check and for packing up leftovers). The place was less than half full - we actually were prepared to order dessert but gave up after 20 min of attempting to get service. Won't be back anytime soon.
- AWESOMECCmaria62Dined on 8/28/2014Went there last night and had a fantastic time. The waiter with the mustache /beard was particularly knowledgeable (ok let me say it - phenomenal) about food and wine pairing. I had a white Bordeaux that was UN-BELIEVABLE with my lamb. See I am not fond of 'white' - especially with red meat. AKA white zinfandel should be shot. It was perfect. BRAVO TO YOU!Special Features:
- good food bad serviceKlassyKlinksDined on 8/27/2014I went to Abigails for lunch with my boss and two Co-workers and was disappointed with our service. Our server was not the most personable or customer friendly.honestly, she seemed extremely bored and it was obvious in the way she served us. We waited over a half hour for our lunch (3 salads and a sandwich). Our server barely checked in with us to see if we needed anything. the food was good but with the service not sure if it's worth going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the food and drinks here. We shared the cheddarale fries to start--rich, house made fries with a cheddar-beer sauce that was the perfect consistency. I had the smoked and grilled hen, which was outstanding--smoky, sweet, and rich. My wife ordered the cappelini with burrata, which she really enjoyed as well. Creative drink menu and good music as well.Special Features:
- ChaoticMarKevVIPDined on 8/18/2014We had no idea the restaurant has do-your-own-paint night every Mondays. Wish someone had told us in advance. It was the most chaotic, noise-filled dining we've ever experienced. 1/2 of the dining area was taken up for the painters, leaving the other 1/2 for regular diners. Problem was, the instructor wore this headpiece microphone to talk to her students. The restaurant had on an entire album of Willie Nelson Greatest Hits playing in the background. The instructor felt it was necessary to compete with Willie so her students can hear HER. Well hello?? What about the rest of us who came there to enjoy a meal, instead of listening of how to get the perfect shade for sunset. Although the food was delicious, the whole experience was ruined.
- Maybe it was an off nightLarryDined on 8/16/2014Service was average, food was disappointing. This was our second time at Abigail's. When we first arrived, there was a very loud party in the back of the main dining room so we moved outside. Service was uneven, sangria was mundane, shrimp cocktail soft and mushy (they didn't charge us after a quiet complaint), salad was average, burgers were good, but fries soggy and greasy. Didn't make us want to come back anytime soon.
- Slow service, maybe an off day?WorklunchDined on 8/14/2014We have been going to Abigails for years and their service is really hit or miss. This past visit was not fully a miss, but definately slow. We sat down and waited 20+ minutes from when we entered the restaurant for the waitress to bring us water/menu and the coffee we ordered (ended up asking the table busser and she brought it right away). Food came out within 30 minutes of ordering/took forever to get the check. Seemed to be only one waitress for the entire room - so slow, but tasty food as always. Will go back, but probably not our first choice when we want a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in Kendall SquareCelebratorDined on 8/12/2014Abigail's is a great choice. My husband and I staggered in at 9:25 pm following an exhausting day: we were hungry, thirsty, and needing caretaking. The staff was great; we were seated promptly at a nice sidewalk table in the fresh air. Our drinks were fabulous (a great, great drink list), and our burgers were fantastic. I ate some really yummy garlicky greens, and my hubby was very happy with his cheesy ale fries. Exactly what the doctor ordered for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/2/2014The bar tenders and cocktails are great. The food is mediocre, at best.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Abigail's reviews archive.