1685 Yew Street
Vancouver, BC V6K 3E6Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.abigailsparty.ca/
- Phone: (604) 739-4677
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Weekends & Holidays: 9:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Graham Barber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Abigail's Party welcomes parties of up to 36 guests for seated, multi-course dinner service or parties of up to 40 guests for more casual, cocktail party-style service. Our heated patio can also be utilized for seasonal seating, or as a reception area.
Abigail's is ideal for small to medium-sized business gatherings, wedding receptions & rehearsal dinners, and reunions. Allow us to help you with any & all aspects of your party, including entertainment and transportation if desired, with a variety of pricing options.
- Private Party Contact: James 6047394677
- Special Events: Abigail's Party specializes in hosting private events of every nature. Our room is the perfect setting for groups up to 50 and we can offer dinner in either seated or cocktail party-style formats. Winters are warm & intimate, while summers are bright & airy with the availability of our lovely patio.
In addition to fantastic dinner & beverage service options, we will happily coordinate all aspects of your event - such as audio/visual, entertainment, gift tables, taxi vouchers, etc. - to ensure a remarkable party of tremendous value.
Be it a wedding, rehearsal dinner, company event, or any group gathering, our attention to detail and unique pricing model will make your event with us unforgettable for both the organizers and their guests. Testimonials happily shared... Email us for more details!
- Cross Street: West 1st
- Public Transit: Abigail's Party is no more than three blocks walking distance from the following bus routes:
and within eight blocks of these bus routes:
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample street parking is available at all hours of the day, both free and metered. Additional parking is available at the Kits Beach parking lot within two blocks walking distance.
A word from Abigail's Party
Located just up the street from Kits Beach, Abigail's Party takes pride in offering a wonderful menu of great value at both brunch and dinner. Specializing in comfort food and bistro classics, we prepare delicious meals using only the finest quality ingredients, with a keen eye on the wine list. Wine selections are constantly rotating to bring you a fantastic variety of the best wines available in terms of quality and value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Abigail's Party - Best Restaurants in Kitsilano ›
Abigail's Party reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Didn't Know What To Expect - TastyHungryEatsVIPDined on 11/4/2014A very odd name for a restaurant and never did ask how they got the names. A really hopping place later in the evenings and apparently they are open until 2am. Service was great and the was fresh and tasty. Looking forward to returning with a group for a late evening out. I wish they had a better selection of reds the night I was there. The use a wooden box with Mission Hill's Oculus for holding pens etc as you enter so I thought I was in for a wide and deep wine selection.Special Features:
- meatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The 2 first times i came here, it was very good. But the 3rd time was really not the best. My partner and I ordered the steak, and the meat was really not great. Disapointing for that price. The ambiance is very nice though. Romantic and quiet when not too crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okayPurpleHippo19Dined on 9/6/2014Service was awful. Waitress was 15 minutes before asking if we wanted a drink.The hostess eventually came to take our order. When she came back and we started ordering and then she stopped my friend mid-sentence to say she had to get something to write on.She came back and my friend had to repeat herself but was then interrupted again so she could tell us that there was 'so many things' not available. This should have been told to us prior. Our main dishes arrived before our appetizers. Eventually, people started to come in for the drinks/ social part of the evening. Were ignored by then.Waitress came once to ask if we wanted more drinks. Would have ordered desserts if offered. Was too loud and had to flag waitress as was too busy flirting.Special Features:
- Great Service and Big PortionsLisaDined on 8/20/2014My mom had the Halibut it came with salad and potatoes. I had recommend trying the the duck pot pie!Special Features:
- NikiiVIPDined on 8/12/2014Food was okay. Lotsa of flies which made the visit uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Hit and MissVancouverCuisineReviewsDined on 7/28/2014We sat on the patio-nice aside from the adjacent pub's window overhang creating an awkward path to the tables.Noise from the adjacent pub not too bad but audible.We ordered a salad appetizer.The appetizer did not arrive before our mains but came with them and was NOT fresh at all.We returned it-untouched.The chicken was nicely roasted, moist & tender-fall off the bone.A couple potatoes were cooked properly-the rest were hard-raw.The halibut was nicely done but again the sides were disappointing. Unfortunately, until the kitchen can deliver appetizers & meals where everything on the plate is properly prepared and checked for quality before it is served to Clients, I'm sorry to say I could not recommend this restaurant.
- The following 261 reviews are from the Abigail's Party reviews archive.
- We'll be back!LuizaoDined on 7/19/2014Short and Great Menu, cozy atmosphere and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014You took our reservation and when we arrived, the place was closed!!!! Not impressed!
- Comfort foodTlkauiVIPDined on 6/13/2014Found this little neighborhood spot on Yelp. It's a small place with very friendly, cheerful staff. We ordered a few appetizers/sides to share for our dinner: steak tartare (heavy on the mustard), poutine (perfect amount of heavy), brussel sprouts (just wish there were more) and mac 'n cheese (creamy and comforting). All of them were very tasty. I'd definitely come back to try their entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic little date spotFIJI2010Dined on 5/29/2014I took an old friend here for dinner before she left for college in the US. Quiet enough to have a intimate conversation, but not uncomfortably quiet (where you feel like everyone can hear you). Food was excellent, the waitress was attentive without being intrusive, and the music selection was on point. The food was delivered in good time. I highly recommend the Mousse dessert, just awesome. I've been to far more expensive places that have had inferior food and atmosphere, so I'd recommend going here in a heartbeat. Just don't come with a rowdy group of friends, this is a 4 person max. Any more and you'll lose the ambiance. For reference, I'm a 21 year old guy.Special Features:
- DisappointedbmarieVIPDined on 5/27/2014My husband and I went to Abigail's Party for an early weeknight dinner. It was nice weather so we sat on the patio which was pleasant. The pork lettuce wraps were pretty good to start. We ordered the duck confit cassoulet as an entree and I was disappointed. The taste was just OK and the way it was served made it just too darn hot to enjoy. I have heard that the brunch is good and would be willing to give that a try another time but I'm not sure I'd return for dinner again.
- godlliVIPDined on 4/19/2014Mussels are phenomenal and you gotta try the Duck CassouletSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedNotimpressedDined on 4/5/2014Service was really poor, our server acted put out to do her job, food over priced, and so loud I couldn't hear a word my girlfriend said. Avoid this over rated hole in the wall. Was sadly disappointed, not a place for a romantic dinner. It has aditude for all the reasons.
- Better in the pastIEatDined on 4/5/2014Hi, came to Abail's Party in a party of 4. Had been there about 5 years ago 5 or 6 times for dinner and or just drinks and appys. it was awesome in the past so that's why i wanted to return. My Halibut was GREAT! 2 of our 2 steaks at the table were over done. We only told our server about 1 of them being cooked incorrect (he just wanted to eat). She was polite and prompt to get the steak redone and it was done without disappointment the 2nd time:) the appys were tasty, drinks were good too. Ambiance was good. Gets hard to hear when its full in there only due to all the hard surfaces and thats its a small space. I love the lighting and the bar tucked away around the corner:) All in all a good time.See you again.Thanks!Special Features:
- Awesome steakLeGoatDined on 3/22/2014Great gastro bar with excellent food and delicious cocktails. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great anniversary spot!JennVIPDined on 3/17/2014I'm celiac and dairy intolerant so eating out can be a challenge for me at times. Abigail's Party made me feel very confident that I would be eating food that my stomach could handle because, after I listed my allergies on the comment section for my reservation, the chef actually CALLED ME to ask about my dietary restrictions and discuss menu options. My boyfriend and I went there for our anniversary dinner and loved it all!Special Features:
- Consistently GreatdisappointingDined on 3/15/2014It still is our favorite restaurant and it never disappoints. It is cozy and fun, whether we order split meals or a full on courses, everyone makes us feel special. We love introducing it to friends and will continue to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2014Six of us were on the hunt for a social dinner before going to see Beggar's Opera in Jericho. It was a first time visit for all, and we were not disappointed. Great ambiance in this neat neighborhood restaurant. Lots of savory options for us carnivores as well as enough of a suitable selection to satisfy our lone vegetarian. Service was very good, and when had lost track of time and told them we had to leave for a show in 20 mins they rushed us our desert and bills. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar food as alwaysrainydaymoDined on 3/3/2014This is one of our favourite places to go for a little light celebrating. It's special without being overly formal or fancy. The menu changes seasonally and is always delicious, and the cocktail menu is really special. We often have very warm, friendly service here, so it was noticeable tonight that it was a bit more reserved, but still quick and pleasant. Lovely atmosphere - great spot for a romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What about some heat?MaxxouDined on 2/24/2014My girlfriend and I went for dinner the food was good but the restaurant was so cold I has to keep my coat on. The people next to us also had their coats. Just paid the heat bill.it is a small restaurant they shouldn't have any problem keep it warm.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Had a great dinner date here. The food was spectacular! The environment was great. It's really small, warm, and comfortable. The service was good, the waitress we had was absolutely lovely. We're goin back to try Abigail's brunch!Special Features:
- Nice little placeSmittyAGirlDined on 2/21/2014We've been to Abigail's Party a few times. I'm always a little underwhelmed by the food selection - there just aren't a lot of choices. BUT, the food is tasty and well prepared, the drinks menu is great, the ambience is intimate and in general it's a nice night out. The service is nothing outstanding but nothing wrong with it. Last time we were there it was early so not too noisy but it does get a bit loud when it's full. Overall I'd recommend it. Probably not good for a group over 4 people...much better for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks and apps were GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Drinks and apps were GREAT! Main courses were ok. Service and ambiance were also great. I am definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choice, but not exceptionalMindfulEaterDined on 2/7/2014The place has a fun buzz and a fairly intimate feel. It is quite loud though, so not ideal for a relaxing intimate meal. The food is all good, but doesn't stand out (I've tried two mains so far). Good drink list. A little bit more expensive than is justified by the food quality - I feel like you're paying for the buzz. The service is friendly and effective, but again, doesn't stand out.Special Features:
- Just okayKathrynDined on 2/7/2014The January night we visited the heat had been off all day and the place was freezing. Although the food was okay the temperature in the room made it hard to concentrate on our meal and all we could think of of was getting finished and out before frost bite set in. When we first arrived ... around 6 pm the place was deserted ... something that always worries me. It did eventually start to fill up but it seemed most people were there for a drink and not a meal. Maybe it's more of a neighbourhood bar rather than a restaurant.
- Cozy HideawayCandGVIPDined on 2/3/2014Never knew about this restaurant, and the name didn't portray the cozy, yet upbeat feel. Delicious meal (had the duck) and fast, friendly service. Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Food is only OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014I did a Dine-out here and I was disappointed. I love this restaurant for brunch and the neighborhood location but this dine-out menu was disappointing. Their fish was bland, no flavor just overly garlicky. My husbands steak was also bland and the frites were actually the best part of the meal. I guess they're good at the comfort food there (my friends fried chicken was good) but I think they tried to get too fancy with some of their dinner items. I could have done a better job with the fish and steak at home. Their service is good though and staff is friendly. The dessert that came with the course was also lacking the punch you'd expect from good restaurants. I'd still go back but would never pay $28 for a dinner there again. Not worth it.Special Features:
- Dine out Vancouver 2014GlutenfreewestcoasterDined on 1/31/2014It is a very small space, but the ambiance is nice. We had reservations at 8:15pm, but unfortunately we waited about 15 min to be seated. The waitress was very nice and we each received a glass of wine or cocktail on the house for our patience. The food was good, however it was a lot heavier than I expected. Everyone enjoyed their food, I just would rather eat food that isn't that rich.Special Features:
- My friend and I were excitedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014My friend and I were excited about this restaurant, but after they forgot our main dish, we were disappointed. Our meals should of been free and not just a glass of wine. The servers were too busy socializing.
- Dine out Vancouver 2014birdalertDined on 1/30/2014My wife and I don't have "date night" very often anymore now that we have three kids, but the Dine Out Vancouver festival was a perfect opportunity to try out a new restaurant. Abigail's was fun, cozy, and had delicious food. The portion sizes were on the small side, but as part of the three course meal were perfect. The service was good, though, the attitude of our server could have been a bit more cheerful. Overall, I would go there again and would recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Small, friendlySoozDined on 1/30/2014A wee little restaurant, so cosy with neighbour tables.... Good food, attentive service....Special Features:
- Delicious food, tasty cocktailslovefoodDined on 1/29/2014My partner and I visited this restaurant for Dine Out Vancouver and had an amazing dinner. The cocktails are very creative and really good. The salad was fresh and zesty, the bruschetta original and cheesy, and the cheese plate delectable! We would both go back to this restaurant in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not suitable for older disabledF4356Dined on 1/29/2014If your older & disabled this restaurant is not for you .even though the week before we made it clear we need a regular ( not high top table for our older aunt who due to a hip replacement can't hoist her self into a high top type table seat . ) it went in noted .we even saw the same hostess & reminded her of the conversation ,her response was "well noting was noted on your your reservation" my response don't you think that was your job ? No response . They did bring a part from there dish washer to use as a foot step to help get her up to the seat. The food was good ,I had the celeriac soup which was very good,buttermilk fried chicken was bland ,chocolate mousse very good.Special Features:
- Only the first course wasfrenchieDined on 1/28/2014Only the first course was really good, the rest was averageSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodFalseCreekFoodieVIPDined on 1/28/2014Abigail's Party was really wonderful. It is a small, cozy intimate venue with great food. It was a bit louder than usual the night I was there (Dine Out Vancouver). They have a daily selection of about 6 reds and 6 whites to chose from both from the bottle and the glass. This is where we found one of our favorite table wines for home. It's not a huge menu and seems to be mostly 'comfort type foods' which is great. The Brushcetta has lovely caramelized onions and garlic and is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out Done Right!!!NotlegallyblondeDined on 1/28/2014This is the way you do the Dine Out Vancouver celebration. There was no chintzing on the dishes, the selection was great and it does what it is intended - it brings you back. We were at the restaurant on a Tuesday evening and the place was hopping. They accommodated a change that I needed in the seating very well and made sure that my party was suitably happy. Wine is served both by the glass and by the bottle so perfect for a weekday evening. Dinner was a hit for everyone and definitely inspired to go back and try their regular menus and maybe grab a seat on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyJID21Dined on 1/28/2014Ate for Dine Out, but added some extra appies because we heard they were awesome. It didn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine out experiencefoodieDined on 1/27/2014I have been out of town for 3 years and the last time I did dine out was here, so I suggested to my friends we go here again and it did not disappoint. the brushetta dish is amazing, the sweet honey drizzle makes it taste so good. I also got the fried chicken, and I live for chicken and it was juicy and crispy! as for the dessert; I tried the crumble it was quite dry and not very sweet. my friend has the chocolate mousse and that was surprisingly good; it was very rich and ended off we a surprising spicy effect in your mouth. overall, it great thus place is open till 2am so no one rushed us to get out of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food GemHeidiandthecupcakesDined on 1/26/2014Originally heard of Abigail's Party when looking for brunch, but discovered they had a dine-out promo, so we went to that instead. The food was great, service was fantastic, and we loved the ambience.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014My friend and I very much enjoyed our Dining Out meal at Abigail's party. The food was absolutely delicious with a lovely presentation and abundant portions (unlike a lot of places which I won't mention). The wine was excellent and the server made good recommendations. Our only one complaint is that it was a bit noisy and the music volume went up in a way that it got difficult to talk. But otherwise, it was a very enjoyable evening -- and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.