1301 Manhattan Avenue
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abigailerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (310) 798-8227
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Tin Vuong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Contact: MIchelle Lee 3107988227x
A word from Abigaile Restaurant
Abigaile is about sharing and exploring food without boundaries, gimmicks or pretense. Our dishes are always evolving based on the availability of quality market ingredients, and often, a creative whim. We believe one of life’s greatest sources of joy is what happens when people come together to share a meal.Continued
So gather. Trust us. Step just a little outside your comfort zone. And enjoy food without order or rules.
So gather. Trust us. Step just a little outside your comfort zone. And enjoy food without order or rules.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Abigaile Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
Abigaile Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (83)good for groups (59)hot spot (49)neighborhood gem (47)vibrant bar scene (46)great for brunch (27)special occasion (24)scenic view (24)great for outdoor dining (23)late-night find (12)romantic (11)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (5)Show More
- AttitudeLeoIIIVIPDined on 11/16/2014Greeting and service is like "we're doing you a favor". Not a new thing. Cool place. Interesting food. Will probably try again...but not on my "wanna be a regular" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT & CREATIVE FOODRecoVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had the best kale salad at Abigaile's. The salad came with warm, soft, & large dates wrapped in prosciutto. The burger was excellent. We had a chocolate bar with peanut butter cream for dessert which was fantastic. Their pumpkin cake with marzipan was ok but the ice cream that came with it was delicious. Our only comment is that the service was extremely slow, through, the restaurant wasn't full at its capacity. We'll definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphere and serviceAbigaileDined on 11/12/2014I made an early reservation and we were seated promptly. Our waitress was on it and we did not feel neglected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great except for one thing...NickieCDined on 11/7/2014Loved our experience, but we have a severe tree nut/peanut allergy and most of the menu contains some sort of nut. There were only a handful of things we could order and the menu wasn't clearly labeled, so some of the items had nuts, but it wasn't listed. Our waitress was very sweet though, and went to the back with a menu and cross off all the items we couldn't order, but that was the majority of the menu. Overall, service was great and we loved the food! Why are there so many nuts though?
- Fantastic, as alwaysflyinggal3Dined on 11/4/2014Abigaile restaurant is one of my go-to places in Hermosa Beach. Great beer, food and ambiance. Our group has a lot of foodies, and everyone has loved it!Special Features:
- Great Food-Terrible ServiceRBTomVIPDined on 11/4/2014Overall, I give Abigaile's a two star (FAIR) rating because of the expectation of good service that was not received. The menu was surprisingly different and the food was fabulous once it arrived. It was nearly 45 minutes after we were seated before the first two of five entrées appeared one of which was incorrect. The remaining three spilled out every five minutes or so. The manager did apologize for the delay explaining the the needs to service a large party. Abigaile's was only about half occupied so the excuse while kind, was a bit lame. Delays happen but there is no excuse for not delivering entrées simultaneously. It is likely that we will go back as this might have been an isolated incident and the food really was quite good.Special Features:
- DianeDianeDined on 11/2/2014Our waitress was not at all knowledgeable about the food or wine. I think having a staff that knows the menu and the wine/cocktail menu is essential to a really good dining experience.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyablehonestreviewDined on 11/2/2014Very enjoyable brunch. Love the out of the box interpretations of the food items. would recommend it to anyone who likes a dining adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for date nightcaliorniagrownDined on 11/1/2014One of our go to spots when we get to have an adult dinner. Creative menu, great vibe and some nice sunset views. The retro punk decor fits with a menu that can be both familiar and edgy. Nice selection of craft brews and creative cocktails. Can be noisy but it fits with the vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScooterVIPDined on 10/31/2014Nice selection of brews. Unique dining choices...Pig Pop Tarts, Escargot Puffs...good service.Special Features:
- Good brunch spotChristina412VIPDined on 10/26/2014Abigaile had very good food and an interesting menu selection for brunch, but the staff didn't seem to have it together. Although we had a reservation, we waited close to 15 minutes for a table before conceding to sitting at a communal high top. Hostess seemed overwhelmed with all of the parties. In terms of food, took a long time for drinks to come out and they were staggered. With our food, some of it came out right away while one person was left waiting for his for an additional 15 minutes at least. During that time it estas difficult to track down waitress to ask about it. She also disappeared when we wanted check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable MenuCMalsbfoodieDined on 10/25/2014Such a diverse menu with so much flavor. Many options for all eaters, all done with a great sense of flair. On the higher end of the price range, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!needelasticwaistbandDined on 10/25/2014Food was YUMMY and our server Skai was AMAZING! She pointed us in all the right directions and our tastebuds and tummies were thankful for every single suggestion! You have to get the biscuits to start. And the scallops & bacon. And everything else. Perfect service and great food. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGyummyfood4meDined on 10/25/2014We live on the East side of Los Angeles and searched online for a glowing recommendation for Hermosa Beach dining. We were so impressed with the service, the cocktails, the food, and general friendliness and ambiance -not to mention the view. We especially LOVED the cheesey puffs! But all food (and two of us are vegetarian) was so tasty and filling and the way it was served family style was perfect for sharing the yumminess. I would come back to dine at Abigaile again and again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Food was good but the music was sooooo loud you had to yell. Plus, they had this head banging music on which was very annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodKhisanthDined on 10/23/2014All the food we ordered were terrific. I don't drink but according to my bf the drinks were pretty good too. We did have our order taken wrong at one point but given the noise level at the restaurant it was understandable. The service overall was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our dinnerFoodloverDined on 10/23/2014This was my second time at Abigail's and it was just as good as the first time. Loved all of our dishes especially the cheesy, gooey bites, tin tin noodles, arugula salad, lomo saltado, curried short rib and to finish the mascarpone pumpkin cake. Would return anytime.Special Features:
- Loved it!jillyo5Dined on 10/23/2014Can't stop thinking about the papaya salad. I'm normally not a fan, but it was so fresh and aromatic! I want more! Hamachi yum...short ribs...yum...cheezy poofs yum...brussel sprouts yum...mussels yum...pork loin yum...rib eye...very tender but was missing something. I will definitely be back to explore more dishes. :)Special Features:
- casual dining for any groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014It was fun friday night at Abigaile restaurant. There were a lot of menus to choose from(from asian to american, very different styles), service was great although food came a little late, and nice music and ambiance overall. Would like to visit on a daytime to see the ocean view too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate too much.....again!RocketmanVIPDined on 10/5/2014There are so many good items on this menu that my wife and I always eat too much! Always a good time and the service is always on point.Special Features:
- ExcellentfredVIPDined on 10/5/2014Superb atmosphere and very good food and drinks! Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Always love abigaileMikeNVIPDined on 10/3/2014Pig pop tarts were delicious as always. The pao extremely tasty. Terrific beers and drinks. Seirvice is always friendly and pretty quick. My one complaint this time was that the Brussels sprouts had way too much red pepper. I love spicy food but the brussels sprouts were over-the-top. We bailed on them halfway through. I always recommend the red curry short rib and the chipotle meatballs. Pretty much everything they have is great. Terrific restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Were Blown AwayTheDudeDined on 9/29/2014The wife & I went to Abigaile for my birthday and were amazed at how great this place is. From the “cheesy poof” appetizer through the (free!) “Snickers bar” dessert, every dish was packed with deliciousness. The manager stopped by our table several times and made us feel like we were getting special treatment. Oh, and great beer too! I will be going back to this restaurant very, very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food, done wellWinesnobDined on 9/28/2014Creative and interesting dishes, well prepared, well served, and very tasty.Special Features:
- Brunchtacular!TaffeterDined on 9/28/2014I love coming to brunch here. Food is fresh, delicious and just the right portion size. Whilst not your usual fixings on any menu in an Americano restaurant.. these guys do a tasty spin on brunch. Staff are professional, friendly and helpful. Never been disappointed. Sometimes wise to make a reservation.Special Features:
- great bites for bacon loversOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014Great for tapas- a little on the heavy side- lots of butter cheese and bacon items-great beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marialascalaVIPDined on 9/21/2014As always the place was loud but in previous visits we ignored that because the food and service was good. Man how far you have fallen Abigaile. Service sucked really bad and the food was marginal. That will be my last visit
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014the food was average & it was very noisy. good for drinks & large groups. however, the service was good.Special Features:
- FIRST TIMEThunderDined on 9/18/2014Took care of all our needs, brew their own beer, very interesting interior to keep your attention plus an outside dining area. Use dish towels for napkins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No points! Many other better placesLacajagDined on 9/16/2014Apparently, I received no Open Table points. In a related story, I can't give the restaurant many points, either. The noise level was crazy and, although the interior is OK, there are TV screens playing "the game." Glorified sports bar. *It was my birthday* and I took a chance booking my party there based on the menu and some reviews. SO sad! Not the celebration I'd hoped for. Food was meh. The only redeeming factor was the waiter who brought us a dessert on the house. He was SO sweet!! That really meant a lot. (When we walked in, we said it was my bday. The girl at the podium said they'd put a candle in it if we ordered dessert). Food, atmosphere and Open Table points lacking - sadly, I don't want to go back, and can't recommend it.
- CindyDined on 9/16/2014I now cannot live without the cheesy poofs! Not only was the food great at Abigailes, but the service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great findBudmanDined on 9/15/2014Great food choices nice wine list , outdoor seating nice viewSpecial Features:
- Another yummy small plate in SBTx1234VIPDined on 9/5/2014South Bay seems to be full of small plate/family style restaurants... This is another one, but once again the food is great. Really loved the house brewed beers, delish! My only problem with this type of restaurant is that everything sounds (and tastes) so good that we always over order! The scallops were perfect, and the mushroom risotto it comes with was so rich and comforting. Meatballs were just ok, wish the sauce was spicier, but the polenta they came with was amazing! Mussels were unique and tasty, not your typical wine sauce, so good! And the PIG pop tart was yummy. Overall a great night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014I really loved the food and the beer. The cocktails--not so much. The Buddha Belly feast was delicious as were the mushrooms and polenta. I would absolutely go back, but just stick to beer instead of cocktails.Special Features:
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/2/2014Being a Hermosa resident, this place has become my "go to!" Food is always great and creative and is your quintessential "gastropub" with equally delicious, hand-crafted cocktails. Service is probably the best in Hermosa. Love the ocean view from the windows and the patio is great to sit in both day and night! Highly recommend the brunch on Sundays which include their "Forever Mimosas!" If you live here you've most likely been to Abigaile. If you are visiting or looking for something new you must definitely try!Special Features:
- hogtieDined on 9/2/2014nice restaurant great service. food is great ( just a little rich).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lineatsVIPDined on 8/31/2014waiter very disorganized brought food for three different people at three different times, so we were waiting and eating in shiftsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotBrettDined on 8/30/2014Enjoy this restaurant every time we dine here. The menu is always changing and is full of interesting dishes!Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceAnnegVIPDined on 8/24/2014Made a reservation for 11:30, though most of us were seated around 11:15/11:20. By 11:45 no one had even been by to take drink orders-- not sure how long it would have been if 2 of us hadn't gone to talk to the manager. We've been here multiple times and usually have a good experience... Though the hostess did apologize, they did nothing else to make up for the error. my food still arrived 10 minutes later than the rest of the party and my friend's poached eggs on the Benedict was just about hard boiled.Special Features:
- Date night go to placeNoelDined on 8/23/2014Abigailes truly has become our go to date night place. Great food and atmosphere! Awesome place to start your night or even end your night! Thanks Abigailes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.