1301 Manhattan Avenue
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abigailerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3107988227x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Tin Vuong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Contact: MIchelle Lee 3107988227x
A word from Abigaile Restaurant
Abigaile is about sharing and exploring food without boundaries, gimmicks or pretense. Our dishes are always evolving based on the availability of quality market ingredients, and often, a creative whim. We believe one of life’s greatest sources of joy is what happens when people come together to share a meal.Continued
So gather. Trust us. Step just a little outside your comfort zone. And enjoy food without order or rules.
So gather. Trust us. Step just a little outside your comfort zone. And enjoy food without order or rules.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Abigaile Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
Abigaile Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (84)vibrant bar scene (57)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (55)hot spot (51)scenic view (33)special occasion (31)great for brunch (29)great for outdoor dining (27)late-night find (13)romantic (12)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (3)Show More
- casual dining for any groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014It was fun friday night at Abigaile restaurant. There were a lot of menus to choose from(from asian to american, very different styles), service was great although food came a little late, and nice music and ambiance overall. Would like to visit on a daytime to see the ocean view too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate too much.....again!RocketmanVIPDined on 10/5/2014There are so many good items on this menu that my wife and I always eat too much! Always a good time and the service is always on point.Special Features:
- ExcellentfredVIPDined on 10/5/2014Superb atmosphere and very good food and drinks! Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Always love abigaileMikeNVIPDined on 10/3/2014Pig pop tarts were delicious as always. The pao extremely tasty. Terrific beers and drinks. Seirvice is always friendly and pretty quick. My one complaint this time was that the Brussels sprouts had way too much red pepper. I love spicy food but the brussels sprouts were over-the-top. We bailed on them halfway through. I always recommend the red curry short rib and the chipotle meatballs. Pretty much everything they have is great. Terrific restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Were Blown AwayTheDudeDined on 9/29/2014The wife & I went to Abigaile for my birthday and were amazed at how great this place is. From the “cheesy poof” appetizer through the (free!) “Snickers bar” dessert, every dish was packed with deliciousness. The manager stopped by our table several times and made us feel like we were getting special treatment. Oh, and great beer too! I will be going back to this restaurant very, very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food, done wellWinesnobDined on 9/28/2014Creative and interesting dishes, well prepared, well served, and very tasty.Special Features:
- Brunchtacular!TaffeterDined on 9/28/2014I love coming to brunch here. Food is fresh, delicious and just the right portion size. Whilst not your usual fixings on any menu in an Americano restaurant.. these guys do a tasty spin on brunch. Staff are professional, friendly and helpful. Never been disappointed. Sometimes wise to make a reservation.Special Features:
- great bites for bacon loversOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014Great for tapas- a little on the heavy side- lots of butter cheese and bacon items-great beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marialascalaVIPDined on 9/21/2014As always the place was loud but in previous visits we ignored that because the food and service was good. Man how far you have fallen Abigaile. Service sucked really bad and the food was marginal. That will be my last visit
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014the food was average & it was very noisy. good for drinks & large groups. however, the service was good.Special Features:
- FIRST TIMEThunderDined on 9/18/2014Took care of all our needs, brew their own beer, very interesting interior to keep your attention plus an outside dining area. Use dish towels for napkins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No points! Many other better placesLacajagDined on 9/16/2014Apparently, I received no Open Table points. In a related story, I can't give the restaurant many points, either. The noise level was crazy and, although the interior is OK, there are TV screens playing "the game." Glorified sports bar. *It was my birthday* and I took a chance booking my party there based on the menu and some reviews. SO sad! Not the celebration I'd hoped for. Food was meh. The only redeeming factor was the waiter who brought us a dessert on the house. He was SO sweet!! That really meant a lot. (When we walked in, we said it was my bday. The girl at the podium said they'd put a candle in it if we ordered dessert). Food, atmosphere and Open Table points lacking - sadly, I don't want to go back, and can't recommend it.
- CindyDined on 9/16/2014I now cannot live without the cheesy poofs! Not only was the food great at Abigailes, but the service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great findBudmanDined on 9/15/2014Great food choices nice wine list , outdoor seating nice viewSpecial Features:
- Another yummy small plate in SBTx1234Dined on 9/5/2014South Bay seems to be full of small plate/family style restaurants... This is another one, but once again the food is great. Really loved the house brewed beers, delish! My only problem with this type of restaurant is that everything sounds (and tastes) so good that we always over order! The scallops were perfect, and the mushroom risotto it comes with was so rich and comforting. Meatballs were just ok, wish the sauce was spicier, but the polenta they came with was amazing! Mussels were unique and tasty, not your typical wine sauce, so good! And the PIG pop tart was yummy. Overall a great night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014I really loved the food and the beer. The cocktails--not so much. The Buddha Belly feast was delicious as were the mushrooms and polenta. I would absolutely go back, but just stick to beer instead of cocktails.Special Features:
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/2/2014Being a Hermosa resident, this place has become my "go to!" Food is always great and creative and is your quintessential "gastropub" with equally delicious, hand-crafted cocktails. Service is probably the best in Hermosa. Love the ocean view from the windows and the patio is great to sit in both day and night! Highly recommend the brunch on Sundays which include their "Forever Mimosas!" If you live here you've most likely been to Abigaile. If you are visiting or looking for something new you must definitely try!Special Features:
- hogtieDined on 9/2/2014nice restaurant great service. food is great ( just a little rich).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lineatsVIPDined on 8/31/2014waiter very disorganized brought food for three different people at three different times, so we were waiting and eating in shiftsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotBrettDined on 8/30/2014Enjoy this restaurant every time we dine here. The menu is always changing and is full of interesting dishes!Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Made a reservation for 11:30, though most of us were seated around 11:15/11:20. By 11:45 no one had even been by to take drink orders-- not sure how long it would have been if 2 of us hadn't gone to talk to the manager. We've been here multiple times and usually have a good experience... Though the hostess did apologize, they did nothing else to make up for the error. my food still arrived 10 minutes later than the rest of the party and my friend's poached eggs on the Benedict was just about hard boiled.Special Features:
- Date night go to placeNoelDined on 8/23/2014Abigailes truly has become our go to date night place. Great food and atmosphere! Awesome place to start your night or even end your night! Thanks Abigailes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and nightNotimpressedVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had an amazing meal and night, the food and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!DelishDined on 8/16/2014We LOVE Abigail's ! The food is consistently delicious and never disappoints! The only downside for us over 50 group is the noise level!!! We have come to expect it and forewarn our friends who come with us. Other than that OUTSTANDING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Did not live up to it's hype. We ordered the kale salad, brussel sprouts, tuna tartare, and thai red curry short ribs. The short ribs were so hot that the underlying flavors didn't come through. And being from New Orleans, we like hot food but this was painfully hot. I've had much better tuna tartare at a few other places. Neither salad wowed. The noise level was annoying but it was manageable.
- Would Definitely Go Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014The pig pop tarts were the best part of the meal, I would definitely recommend Abigaile's.Special Features:
- Great Tapas FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014I really enjoyed all of the food and the wine. My only drawback was it was incredibly loud - almost to the point where I was struggling to hear my friends speak who were right next to me. I hope next time I can sit outside so it's not so noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tyler Corneliusmx4fun12Dined on 8/8/2014Made for the perfect date night and I'm excited to come back!!!Special Features:
- Awesome food!BethDined on 8/8/2014I found out about Abigailes a few weeks ago - I love small plates and it was listed as one of the top 10 in L.A. It's hard to find great food in the South Bay, but this is a gem. I've been back twice since my first visit to try all the things on the menu that look so good and everything I've had has been amazing.Special Features:
- Well, it should have been betterToughGraderBobDined on 8/2/2014I am a big fan of Tin Voung's other restaurants, Little Sister and Dia de Campo. This one seems a little neglected. The menu ideas are all great but the execution is not up to the ideas. Salads were overdressed, sauces didn't always fit, etc, etc. Then, at 10pm on a Saturday night, the place becomes a big, loud bar for out-of-towners -- you can tell because they smoke and wear weird clothes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerMikeNVIPDined on 8/2/2014Been to Abigaile a half dozen times and always enjoy it. Kale and date salad always tasty. The pao another favorite. Spicy lamb meatballs and pig pop tarts were delicious. Try the red curry short rib. Service always good. I was a little disappointed by the lack of a good IPA on tap, but their Belgian was a nice substitute. Our whole party enjoyed the dinner very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Time!VinceLDined on 8/1/2014Brought the family (kids ages 15,19,21) and wife (not disclosing age!) on a Friday night. Had reservations for 9:00pm and received a call around 5:00pm from the restaurant to verify if we were coming in. I said yes and asked if they could move our reservation to an earlier time (around 7:00pm). They said yes! Food was great, service was great, drinks were great. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good decor, good foodAliashDined on 7/24/2014A place to go with a group to enjoy a few drinks and good food! A gem in the South Bay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud, too slowbadbradDined on 7/24/2014We were there for restaurant week and got the prix fix menu. Dinner took over 1.5 hours due to plates coming out very slowly. Maybe it was because of restaurant week, maybe it was the private party upstairs, who knows. Venue is WAY too loud, and some of the musical choices kinda suck. I get the fact that 30 years ago punk bands practiced hear, and in college I probably listened to many of them, but it doesnt mean I want to be blasted with lessor tracks while I'm trying to eat dinner and speak to my wife. The mix of fine food and punk is a questionable design choice. I would suggest a better alternative by the same restaurant group is Dia de Campo around the corner.
- Wonderful ServiceLAofLADined on 7/24/2014Host staff and server were very accommodating; the authentic friendly beach community vibe was very cool. Coleen /Pauline? was perfect in her timing of courses; no overlap, no rush. Food was a delight with amazing flavors and over textures to experience on this chef's menu. Vietnamese Pho salad was an explosion of crisp flavors and the Scallops with slab bacon was indulgent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Xlnt food and serviceLocalDined on 7/24/2014Xlnt food, xlnt and helpful service. Music is quite loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first stop in CaliforniaGregwVIPDined on 7/23/2014each time we visit! We LOVE the food, the service, and the ambiance. The beer is fantastic too, especially any IPA they make. Great place - highly recommended!Special Features:
- DineLAlemon88Dined on 7/23/2014Great value, small dishes to share, interesting menu selection, and our server, all the bussers and staff were super attentive and helpful! We stayed until closing time as the last table but no one was ever rushing us to leave so we didn't even realize it was closing time! Will defitely go back with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJTrimperDined on 7/19/2014This is the second time I've had the pleasure of going to Abigaile. Both times have been stellar. The food is extremely good and well prepared. And the beer is fantastic. Will be back again soonSpecial Features:
- great ambiance good service ok foodfoodiemonsterDined on 7/18/2014Pao de queijo: "cheezy poofs" with butter and spice honey, the highlight of the meal! 5/5 Rosemary & sage potato chips: so oily they weren't even crispy. inedible. 0/5 Foraged wild mushrooms with creamy polenta: tasty but very rich; I had enough after two bites. 3.5/5 Scallops & bacon with wild mushroom risotto: scallops were delicious, but the risotto was too salty. 3/5 Plancha baby octopus with sausage, quail egg and mojo verde: tender octopus on a skewer, nicely charred, well-seasoned, components went well together. 4/5 fried chicken: our server suggested this as our last dish. nothing special, good seasoning but the chicken was definitely dry. 3/5 Inconsistent food with highs and lows, but great ambiance, service and cocktails.Special Features: