1301 Manhattan Avenue
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abigailerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3107988227x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Tin Vuong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Contact: MIchelle Lee 3107988227x
A word from Abigaile Restaurant
Abigaile is about sharing and exploring food without boundaries, gimmicks or pretense. Our dishes are always evolving based on the availability of quality market ingredients, and often, a creative whim. We believe one of life’s greatest sources of joy is what happens when people come together to share a meal.Continued
So gather. Trust us. Step just a little outside your comfort zone. And enjoy food without order or rules.
So gather. Trust us. Step just a little outside your comfort zone. And enjoy food without order or rules.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Abigaile Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
Abigaile Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (85)vibrant bar scene (65)neighborhood gem (62)good for groups (56)hot spot (54)scenic view (38)special occasion (35)great for outdoor dining (33)great for brunch (32)late-night find (15)romantic (14)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)Show More
- FIRST TIMEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2014Took care of all our needs, brew their own beer, very interesting interior to keep your attention plus an outside dining area. Use dish towels for napkins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 9/16/2014I now cannot live without the cheesy poofs! Not only was the food great at Abigailes, but the service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Great food choices nice wine list , outdoor seating nice viewSpecial Features:
- Another yummy small plate in SBTx1234Dined on 9/5/2014South Bay seems to be full of small plate/family style restaurants... This is another one, but once again the food is great. Really loved the house brewed beers, delish! My only problem with this type of restaurant is that everything sounds (and tastes) so good that we always over order! The scallops were perfect, and the mushroom risotto it comes with was so rich and comforting. Meatballs were just ok, wish the sauce was spicier, but the polenta they came with was amazing! Mussels were unique and tasty, not your typical wine sauce, so good! And the PIG pop tart was yummy. Overall a great night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014I really loved the food and the beer. The cocktails--not so much. The Buddha Belly feast was delicious as were the mushrooms and polenta. I would absolutely go back, but just stick to beer instead of cocktails.Special Features:
- hogtieDined on 9/2/2014nice restaurant great service. food is great ( just a little rich).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lineatsVIPDined on 8/31/2014waiter very disorganized brought food for three different people at three different times, so we were waiting and eating in shiftsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotBrettDined on 8/30/2014Enjoy this restaurant every time we dine here. The menu is always changing and is full of interesting dishes!Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Made a reservation for 11:30, though most of us were seated around 11:15/11:20. By 11:45 no one had even been by to take drink orders-- not sure how long it would have been if 2 of us hadn't gone to talk to the manager. We've been here multiple times and usually have a good experience... Though the hostess did apologize, they did nothing else to make up for the error. my food still arrived 10 minutes later than the rest of the party and my friend's poached eggs on the Benedict was just about hard boiled.Special Features:
- Date night go to placeNoelDined on 8/23/2014Abigailes truly has become our go to date night place. Great food and atmosphere! Awesome place to start your night or even end your night! Thanks Abigailes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and nightNotimpressedVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had an amazing meal and night, the food and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!DelishDined on 8/16/2014We LOVE Abigail's ! The food is consistently delicious and never disappoints! The only downside for us over 50 group is the noise level!!! We have come to expect it and forewarn our friends who come with us. Other than that OUTSTANDING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Did not live up to it's hype. We ordered the kale salad, brussel sprouts, tuna tartare, and thai red curry short ribs. The short ribs were so hot that the underlying flavors didn't come through. And being from New Orleans, we like hot food but this was painfully hot. I've had much better tuna tartare at a few other places. Neither salad wowed. The noise level was annoying but it was manageable.
- Would Definitely Go Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014The pig pop tarts were the best part of the meal, I would definitely recommend Abigaile's.Special Features:
- Great Tapas FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014I really enjoyed all of the food and the wine. My only drawback was it was incredibly loud - almost to the point where I was struggling to hear my friends speak who were right next to me. I hope next time I can sit outside so it's not so noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tyler Corneliusmx4fun12Dined on 8/8/2014Made for the perfect date night and I'm excited to come back!!!Special Features:
- Awesome food!BethDined on 8/8/2014I found out about Abigailes a few weeks ago - I love small plates and it was listed as one of the top 10 in L.A. It's hard to find great food in the South Bay, but this is a gem. I've been back twice since my first visit to try all the things on the menu that look so good and everything I've had has been amazing.Special Features:
- Well, it should have been betterToughGraderBobDined on 8/2/2014I am a big fan of Tin Voung's other restaurants, Little Sister and Dia de Campo. This one seems a little neglected. The menu ideas are all great but the execution is not up to the ideas. Salads were overdressed, sauces didn't always fit, etc, etc. Then, at 10pm on a Saturday night, the place becomes a big, loud bar for out-of-towners -- you can tell because they smoke and wear weird clothes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerMikeNDined on 8/2/2014Been to Abigaile a half dozen times and always enjoy it. Kale and date salad always tasty. The pao another favorite. Spicy lamb meatballs and pig pop tarts were delicious. Try the red curry short rib. Service always good. I was a little disappointed by the lack of a good IPA on tap, but their Belgian was a nice substitute. Our whole party enjoyed the dinner very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Time!VinceLDined on 8/1/2014Brought the family (kids ages 15,19,21) and wife (not disclosing age!) on a Friday night. Had reservations for 9:00pm and received a call around 5:00pm from the restaurant to verify if we were coming in. I said yes and asked if they could move our reservation to an earlier time (around 7:00pm). They said yes! Food was great, service was great, drinks were great. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good decor, good foodAliashDined on 7/24/2014A place to go with a group to enjoy a few drinks and good food! A gem in the South Bay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud, too slowbadbradDined on 7/24/2014We were there for restaurant week and got the prix fix menu. Dinner took over 1.5 hours due to plates coming out very slowly. Maybe it was because of restaurant week, maybe it was the private party upstairs, who knows. Venue is WAY too loud, and some of the musical choices kinda suck. I get the fact that 30 years ago punk bands practiced hear, and in college I probably listened to many of them, but it doesnt mean I want to be blasted with lessor tracks while I'm trying to eat dinner and speak to my wife. The mix of fine food and punk is a questionable design choice. I would suggest a better alternative by the same restaurant group is Dia de Campo around the corner.
- Wonderful ServiceLAofLADined on 7/24/2014Host staff and server were very accommodating; the authentic friendly beach community vibe was very cool. Coleen /Pauline? was perfect in her timing of courses; no overlap, no rush. Food was a delight with amazing flavors and over textures to experience on this chef's menu. Vietnamese Pho salad was an explosion of crisp flavors and the Scallops with slab bacon was indulgent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Xlnt food and serviceLocalDined on 7/24/2014Xlnt food, xlnt and helpful service. Music is quite loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first stop in CaliforniaGregwVIPDined on 7/23/2014each time we visit! We LOVE the food, the service, and the ambiance. The beer is fantastic too, especially any IPA they make. Great place - highly recommended!Special Features:
- DineLAlemon88Dined on 7/23/2014Great value, small dishes to share, interesting menu selection, and our server, all the bussers and staff were super attentive and helpful! We stayed until closing time as the last table but no one was ever rushing us to leave so we didn't even realize it was closing time! Will defitely go back with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJTrimperDined on 7/19/2014This is the second time I've had the pleasure of going to Abigaile. Both times have been stellar. The food is extremely good and well prepared. And the beer is fantastic. Will be back again soonSpecial Features:
- great ambiance good service ok foodfoodiemonsterDined on 7/18/2014Pao de queijo: "cheezy poofs" with butter and spice honey, the highlight of the meal! 5/5 Rosemary & sage potato chips: so oily they weren't even crispy. inedible. 0/5 Foraged wild mushrooms with creamy polenta: tasty but very rich; I had enough after two bites. 3.5/5 Scallops & bacon with wild mushroom risotto: scallops were delicious, but the risotto was too salty. 3/5 Plancha baby octopus with sausage, quail egg and mojo verde: tender octopus on a skewer, nicely charred, well-seasoned, components went well together. 4/5 fried chicken: our server suggested this as our last dish. nothing special, good seasoning but the chicken was definitely dry. 3/5 Inconsistent food with highs and lows, but great ambiance, service and cocktails.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014We went for Dine LA for a birthday dinner, and it was fantastic. We had a chance to taste many dishes all which were fresh, delicious, and large portions. It's one of those restaurants you want to go back and try every dish.Special Features:
- Great for Dine LAluveditVIPDined on 7/15/2014Great dinela menu because of so many choices. With everyone ordering different courses we had a great tasting menu, Loved especially the Cheezy Puffs, Date & Goat cheese salad, Octopus, Hamachi, Short Ribs and the Duck Confit French Dip.Special Features:
- Dine LA GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014I made a reservation for me and a friend for night 1 of Dine LA, and to state it simply, all other restaurants on the Dine LA roster will have a lot to live up to. Not only was the Dine LA offering incredibly filling, each and every item brought to the table was simply amazing. From the Brazilian Bread with butter and honey, to the foraged mushroom polenta, to the incredible scallops, each portion was unbelievably more tasty than the one before. Overall, it was one of the best meals I've had to date. I find that South Bay standards are typically sub-par when compared to the rest of LA, but this place does not disappoint. It's up there with Gjelina and Mozza in by book!Special Features:
- Loved ItWillDined on 7/12/2014Outstanding food. Wonderful service. The Pig Pop Tarts were amazing. The service was helpful and charming. I will be back.Special Features:
- ExcellentfredVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great location, very in, the place to be. Nice crowdSpecial Features:
- Such a great experience!JustineDined on 7/12/2014Went with a girlfriend had the brunch and added the $18 bottomless mimosas. The food was absolutely amazing and the service was impeccable. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayDarlaDined on 7/10/2014Food was just okay,...maybe what we ordered? Gravy on a prime steak? No thank you. Great fries tho'.
- Always a good mealRocketmanDined on 7/10/2014The only thing I can say bad is the music volume is a bit loud, otherwise the food and service are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique DiningSpankyDined on 7/8/2014We had a wonderful dining experience and the food was outstanding. Chef Jorge also came out of the kitchen to serve and present some of his specialities and this was a wonderful experience. Everything we tasted was fresh, unique and savory and the food was plentiful to share. I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys gourmet food. Excellent choice for dinner and we cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Amazing food but really loud. Not ideal for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food wonderful but noise deafeningphilDined on 6/27/2014We ate here on a Friday night. Very good, creative food and pleasant service. Most dishes are to be shared. Very trendy place which means it can be noisy, but this place is way over the top. Architecture amplifies background noise and they had music playing at a loud level. Result is that you cannot talk to anyone even sitting next to you without shouting. Even the waitress could not hear our order. I have a noise meter on my cell phone and this place registered over 90 db which is actually considered dangerous to your hearing after 2 hours. Do not go here if you value your hearing or if you have any interest in talking to any of your friends. The four of us are never coming back.Special Features:
- Disappointing visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/22/2014Made an 830 reservation, we were not told until after we sat and ordered a drink that the kitchen would be making "last call" at 850. Drink ordering was almost comical; this is a brewery and yet, we couldn't get many if the beers we wanted. How does a brew pub run out of beer? Then we were rushed into ordering dinner at which time, our server started crossing off the items that were no longer available. Needless to say, almost everything we wanted we couldn't get, leaving us to order mostly all fried foods of one sort or another. They were greasy and unappetizing. Definitely not a repeat visit.