80 Brock Road S
Guelph, ON N1H 6H9Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.aberfoylemill.com/
- Phone: (519) 763-1070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: From 5:00pm, Sunday: From 4.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Mark Thornber
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Several rooms available from 10 - 90 indoors and up to 200 outdoors in a tent.
- Private Party Contact: John Manolis 5197631070
- Entertainment: Mystery dinner theatre (twice a month)
A word from Aberfoyle Mill
Inovative continental cuisine in the rustic atmosphere of an old millContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Aberfoyle Mill - Best Restaurants in Guelph ›
Aberfoyle Mill reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (47)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (33)great for lunch (29)notable wine list (15)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (9)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Anniversary lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014We met my niece & her husband who live in London for lunch. We live in Pickering so the drive is 1 1/2 hours for each. Our wedding anniversary was Nov 9th so this was a perfect spot to meet. Yes we have had many lunches at Aberfoyle. I have organized many family gatherings here as it is a mid point for many. Last year we had a lovely brunch for 10 and had a room to ourselves! This time we were seated right in front of the fireplace and the setting was lovely. The waitress we felt was always rushing to get our orders. Like eat and get out we are busy! My husband and nephew had the hamburger which weren't that good. That it was our anniversary was never mentioned! In April for my nephews 50th birthday we got a dessert on the house! It is always nice to see my niece but this experience kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Another niece and hubby are coming from Yellowknife for Christmas, should the 6 of us meet there?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellect selection for a group dinnerVerysatisifedcustomerDined on 11/19/2014We have held numerous team lunches/dinners at the Aberfoyle Mill and have always found them to be an excellent choice. Their menu provides a variety of selections to meet the needs of everyone in the dining party. The food is always cooked to perfection and extremely tasty. I would strongly recommend this for your next team event or even a nice romantic evening away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aberfoyle Inn Murder Mystery Night Nov 15BlondinaDined on 11/15/2014Went to the Aberfoyle Inn for a special occasion to enjoy the Murder Mystery Night. Other than the 'Big Cheese', the actors were average at best. Other than the fact that they were 'in costume' anyone could have played their roles. Very little set lines, lots of improv, and not that great improv. Laughs were provided by the audience. Food was good. Had the prime rib. No complaints. The service was very good. Staff attentive and responded to requests promptly. Do not take anyone there that has mobility issues. My mother is 87 and has trouble walking. There are stairs everywhere and no elevators. Even the washrooms require you to go up and down stairs and ledges. Thanks again to the staff for letting us use the service stairs as apparently they are not as steep as the public stairway. Also do not use this 'open table' service to book the murder mystery night. I booked through this website and was given a reservation to the regular restaurant. If I hadn't called a few nights before, we would have gotten there and been very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2014On point, everything was delicious. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kelly StankellyloveDined on 11/9/2014I had invited two ladies for lunch to celebrate a birthday. As son as I came in, the ambience caught my eye. I liked how the waiters were dressed as it brought a bit of class, too. The lunch menu was a good selection and the prices seemed to be fair. I would definitely come again. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Aberfoyle MilleatwellDined on 11/2/2014There is just something special about this restaurant! From the minute you walk in, the greeting, the unique warm and cozy atmosphere and the beautiful table settings all make you glad you came. Then comes the food! I have tried several things on the menu and have never been disappointed. Although a little out of the way for most Torontonians, it really is worth the drive for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We always go to the Aberfoyle Mill November 1st for Dawns birthday.Always a great time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic excellent dinnerallformeDined on 11/1/2014Would recommend the excellent wine succulent prime rib,crispy beans and carrots sweet mashed potatoes and great clam chowder to start with.The waitress was professional and timely knew when to appear and service was good. The sampler dessert was excellent to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Good FoodEnthusiasmMeltingDined on 10/28/2014Having moved out of the country, we had not been to the Mill in over 33 years. Service is old time professional. We miss that elsewhere. The menu was creative, though seemed to lack the country charm I had remembered. One of my party said the lunch sandwich special was fantastic. Another said the stir fry was OK but lacked character. I had two appetizers - the New England Clam Chowder, which was good but unremarkable, and Smoked Salmon on a black pepper pancake with a beet and horseradish coulis. Lots of flavor and worth repeating. Although they have swapped their log fire for gas, the ambience is comfortable, yet upscale.Special Features:
- Been going there for yearsQT45Dined on 10/27/2014Aberfoyle Mill is changeless; we love to go there to celebrate or just to have the world stop and let us off for a couple of hours. the service is outstanding and the slow pace gives you a chance to enjoy a glass of wine and just be quiet.Special Features:
- Back after a long timeouttolunchDined on 10/24/2014Aberfoyle did not disappoint when choosing a lunch spot to meet old friends. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014As expected the food was excellent, service VG, and worth the drive.Special Features:
- Amazing food!GreenEggEducationDined on 10/18/2014Amazing food! My wife and I celebrated our 16th anniversary at the Aberfoyle Mill. The service, atmosphere and food was amazing!Special Features:
- authentic & organiccarriegirlDined on 10/13/2014Homemade with fresh ingredients. It was the best beef tenderloin I've ever tasted, cooked to perfection and succulent portion. The wait staff were marvelous and very personable. I will definitely go back for an intimate evening or with a group of friends for a most enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ThanksgivingPatPDined on 10/12/2014We had a small family gathering for Thanksgiving Sunday dinner at the restaurant. The atmosphere and the food made it a special day. I opted for an item on the regular menu & it was the best prime rib ever! We ordered the creme brulee for dessert and it was to die for. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving BrunchshebasDined on 10/12/2014The food was good but there was a limited choice. Found it very expensive and not worth the money we paid. I have been here before and enjoyed it but I am afraid this was my last visit. The washrooms are not handicapped accessible, which is something I inquired about but did not get a response.Special Features:
- Did not disappoint :DfitforfoodiesDined on 10/11/2014Haven't been to the Aberfoyle Inn in years - so glad we chose it on Saturday evening!! From the greeting at the door, to the attention (but never pushy) waitstaff, to the incredibly tasty and nicely presented food - everything was wonderful!! If only there were a way to have quieted the lady at the next table with the cackling voice LOL. Definitely going back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014We had a good dinner. The Mill itself is beautiful. All staff were very friendly. Food was very good and good value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in GuelphGeorgeDined on 10/1/2014Great food and well-prepared. Friendly staff. Well organized. Worth repeat visits.Special Features:
- Amazing foodmordethDined on 10/1/2014Food was amazing, service was good. the only problem we had was the smell. I hate to say this but it smelled bad in there. almost left because of it but glad we stayed because the food was worth it.Special Features:
- Do not miss this great place!EastofGTADined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed a terrific meal at this old converted mill! Great food and wine served by charming waitstaff! you will love the rustic atmosphere and high quality dinning experience which i highly recommend foe any occasionSpecial Features:
- Historic Food, Excellent FoodLoveClassicCuisineDined on 9/28/2014Located just north of the 401 this former mill (historic building) has a unique charm to it. Filled with antiques and items from the mills past is now a linen dressed dining room, with smart service staff, above average service, and delicious food. The management & owners genuinely care about your experience and your comments. Not a trendy or unique menu, simply classic food done exceptionally well. Home made fresh soups, well seasoned and well put together food (meats, seafood), and an enjoyable wine list.Special Features:
- satifaction01Dined on 9/28/2014as we have previously dined at Aberfoyle Mill..we knew what to expect ! welcoming professional greeting.......that first rate quality wait staff..wow,,,the waiters look like the servers of old.......love the look....their manners ....attentive service ......each one knowledgeable ,,,,extremely lovely experience.....the food was divine as expected.......pleasurable atmosphere indeed...it is a ALWAYS , a treat to dine here.......you guys are doing everything right there ......top marks to you all....Special Features:
- Excellent Rustic FeelTheLongTermDined on 9/27/2014My girlfriend loved the display of antiques and the food was actually so worth the drive and check. Definitely would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inmyhumbleopinionDined on 9/22/2014Quaint, food was very good, but the service was lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014really enjoyed our anniversary dinner and our first visit to aberfoyle mill. will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We had a wonderful meal and everything was great. We will defiantly be back and recommend it highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Year after year, the Aberfoyle Mill continues to provide excellent food and great service. It's our favourite place in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticManuDined on 9/13/2014I really enjoyed my time at the Mill. I will definitely be back and would recommend the Aberfoyle Mill to anyone!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The staff did a fantastic job of accommodating a last minute reservation on a busy night. The food and the service were great.Special Features:
- One for your "preferred" list.AkelaDonDined on 9/12/2014This was not our first visit to Aberfoyle Mill, we had been there a couple of times previously. As usual the food and service was excellent. I'm a senior and starting to have difficulties with navigation ... I now use a walker and find stairs, no matter how few to be a major challenge. I was surprised to discover the absence of a ramp at the entrance and had difficulty navigating over the doorstep at the entrance. Fortunately It was not necessary for me to use the restrooms, but I do wonder what challenges that might have presented. Customers in wheel chairs and using scooters would experience major obstacles for their attendance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old restaurant food is so soVivianVIPDined on 9/10/2014The resturant seems to have long history and most of the people there are group or old couples Service is kind of slow and all the food is not meet the expectations..Dessert set is just the can of fruits and something I can buy from the supermarketSpecial Features:
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We have passed the Inn many times driving to Guelph and always wanted to stop in. When we received a coupon last week in mail, and were deciding where to celebrate a birthday, it was 'This is it!' We enjoyed it all. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceyummyDined on 9/7/2014Went here for Sunday night dinner. The Prime Rib was fantastic, and the service was great. Would have preferred to be seated in a different roomn with a little more ambiance. Overall this was a good evening out.Special Features:
- Lovely historical settingEllaDined on 9/7/2014Our food, the service and environment all added up to a very enjoyable Sunday dining experience with our good friends. There's lots of easy parking. The restaurant is almost across the road from the Aberfoyle Antique Market and it was a great way to spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon in the warm autumn sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SherylDined on 8/30/2014We have dined at the Aberfoyle 2 or 3 times now, and we are treated like regulars. Excellent food, atmosphere, and service, all for a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unstoppable Service!SnowWhiteDined on 8/29/2014They do a wonderful job in service, section food and customer service. #1 in the area for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jrglvrDined on 8/26/2014always surpasses expectations xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We were bowled over by our delicious meals. We were also very impressed by the fact that we were easily accommodated when we asked that our appetizer be prepared differently than it stated on the menu. Overall, the staff were very pleasant and the service was timely.Special Features:
- Excellent diningslumchildDined on 8/20/2014I have been here many times for dinner and lunch. There are good tables for two, or for a small group. Excellent ambience. For a romantic meal or for discreet business meetings. It is an excellent little find. I recommend it highly. It is worth a 40-minute journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.