80 Brock Road S
Guelph, ON N1H 6H9Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.aberfoylemill.com/
- Phone: 5197631070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: From 5:00pm, Sunday: From 4.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Mark Thornber
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Several rooms available from 10 - 90 indoors and up to 200 outdoors in a tent.
- Private Party Contact: John Manolis 5197631070
- Entertainment: Mystery dinner theatre (twice a month)
A word from Aberfoyle Mill
Inovative continental cuisine in the rustic atmosphere of an old millContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Aberfoyle Mill - Best Restaurants in Guelph ›
Aberfoyle Mill reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (27)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We have dined at the Aberfoyle 2 or 3 times now, and we are treated like regulars. Excellent food, atmosphere, and service, all for a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unstoppable Service!SnowWhiteDined on 8/29/2014They do a wonderful job in service, section food and customer service. #1 in the area for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014always surpasses expectations xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We were bowled over by our delicious meals. We were also very impressed by the fact that we were easily accommodated when we asked that our appetizer be prepared differently than it stated on the menu. Overall, the staff were very pleasant and the service was timely.Special Features:
- Excellent diningslumchildDined on 8/20/2014I have been here many times for dinner and lunch. There are good tables for two, or for a small group. Excellent ambience. For a romantic meal or for discreet business meetings. It is an excellent little find. I recommend it highly. It is worth a 40-minute journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real hit.yummytummyDined on 8/20/2014We were a party of 2 couples each coming from a different direction; we all agreed that it was terrific halfway point, loved the historic aspect of the Mill, the yummy food, our attentive and friendly server and want to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glenncorbettDined on 8/19/2014Outstanding quality of food and service. My wife had an amazing Arctic Char and I had a mouthwatering pork chopSpecial Features:
- DissappointeddisappointedDined on 8/16/2014had high expectations, unfortunately very disappointed..Special Features:
- Always the Best experience!foodiegaloreDined on 8/12/2014Even a last minute change to our reservation and it was accommodated. Very friendly and pleasant staff make the experiences here one of the best in Ontario. Food is above par and flavourful each time. We really should not wait as long between visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThumperDined on 8/9/2014The food was wonderful, our very funny waiter was terrific. He really knows his stuff. Love the atmosphere.Special Features:
- The server makes all the differencCambridgeguyDined on 8/8/2014Dave our server ruined my wife's birthday celebration. He was unfriendly and inattentive. The sarcastic comment he mAde when my wife declined alcohol set the tone. He couldn't remember to bring me water, he never did bring a bread basket refill and didn't bother to check to see if our meals were to our liking even once. He have nothing to say to us and didn't bother to wish my wife a happy birthday even though the host assured me that he had been told. We enjoyed our food and the host was very nice to us. What a shame that we cannot recommend. .
- Great CelebrationBirthDayCelebrationDined on 8/5/2014We had an entirely wonderful meal, one worthy of celebrating my wife's birthday. Our waiter was exceptional and the visit from the owner was very refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back soon!PenjollyDined on 8/2/2014The food, ambience and service was exemplary! Not surprising because the excellence is always consistent between visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion dinner2ndchanceDined on 8/1/2014I came out Friday night with a friend knowing the food would be good. I did like everything except for my cut of prime rib. It was 50% fat and rind and extremely chewy. I was very disappointed with this but didn't want to say anything at the time and disappoint my friend. The special coffees at the end of the meal were warm not hot. Service was slow for it not being busy as well. Will come back but not for the prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HardtoPleaseDined on 7/30/2014Very attentive, delicious food and a charming atmosphere.Special Features:
- AMAZINGDiningExpertVIPDined on 7/28/2014We have had the occasion to dine here THREE times in the last week, which is a story in itself. The food here is excellent, with nothing left out. A great selection of appetizers, terrific entre choices and a nice dessert list. We had three different waiters, all of whom knew what they were doing. We were welcomed by John, Ron and Peter, and Ron, whom we knew at his old restaurant even remembered the salad I liked and had it specially prepared for me. I can't say enough about this restaurant which was busy on all the nights we were there. I highly recommend it for special occasions of any kind as the staff is well prepared to deal with every kind of event. Make sure to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always 5*ByardFamilyDined on 7/25/2014Been coming here for well 14 years. Food is always impeccable. Service always nothing short of the best. Highly recommended for foodies and special occasions. Cannot go wrong choosing anything off the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25thanniversaryDined on 7/22/2014Great food, excellent service, this was our first time at the Mill and we are already planning our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favourite restaurantBeccaDined on 6/20/2014the service and food are just perfect, I can't say enough about the hospitality and the food is beyond delicious! a perfect place for a romantic evening!Special Features:
- Occassionally,the food is Secondaryfour4dinnerDined on 6/7/2014A special group of 4 of us, take time to go out together, usually 3-4 times a year with money we've saved on a weekly basis, from NOT wasting it on lottery tickets. We collectively agreed, that we hit THE JACKPOT by coming to Aberfoyle Mill. Reservations were quick, and right from the moment we were greeted, and quickly seated in a wonderful anti-room table, we almost immediately began to "visualize" the kind of experience we were about to have, and though we've been to MANY different fine dining locations (new one each time), THIS, by FAR, was the nicest evening we've had out so far. The owner came around several times, the waitress was the kind that EVERYONE wishes for...she was VERY efficient, the FOOD was amazing! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mystery Night DinnerMysteryDined on 5/9/2014The Aberfoyle Mill is the perfect place to hold a 'Mystery Night' dinner- Will definitely be back ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014We always enjoy our visits to Aberfoyle. The food is always exquisite and the caesar salad is the best . It is a special occasion that we are celebrating when we come to Aberfoyle and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Aberfoyle Mill reviews archive.
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We attended the Aberfoyle Mill to celebrate our wedding anniversary, just as celebrated our wedding dinner there. As always, the Mill was most enjoyable; the food was excellent, the ambience perfect and the service was better than any restaurant in recent memory. We even were fortunate to have my special request of a table near the fireplace accomodated. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood Gem -- indeed!NewGuelphitesDined on 4/23/2014Reservations? I'm glad we made them ... ahead of time. And that's the only type of reservation I would have for this place and dining experience. Service was prompt and courteous. Two of us selected the Prix Fix menu (lamb chops), our guest chose the farfalle. Tastefully presented and tasteful too. Waiter (Pierre) suggested a French merlot, which complemented the entrees well. That evening there was a fund raiser for AIDS support, which was invitational but not "pushed" -- again, nicely handled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!HarrisonDined on 4/20/2014A special place for special occasions. The food is outstanding be it at lunch, dinner or brunch. The ambience enhances the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Duck ConfitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014The owner was friendly and greeted us at the door. I am from Montreal and I find the duck confit among the best that I have tasted. For dessert, I ordered the pecan tart which was absolutely delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SettingBarneyDined on 4/18/2014The Aberfoyle Mill provides the perfect setting for a great meal. The Ambience and special service by friendly and genuine staff make dining a great, enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Memories are made here...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014Very pleased with the first time experience... will definitely return and recommend to others. BEST - LAMB - EVER!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, Rustic and Reliable VenueGordieDined on 4/16/2014I don't have the opportunity to go to the Mill often but when I do you can expect a warm welcoming, fine food and consistently good service. The mushroom soup and deerfield greens salad were an excellent beginning, followed by an extremely tender and tasty new york striploin steak. The service was superb, the ambience was warm, intimate and romantic. The wine list was not extensive but included a good selection. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, excellent food!lulucybellDined on 4/13/2014Great service, excellent food! Noise level was loud because of function going on upstairs, lots of kids running across the floor, made it difficult to hear each other while trying to talk; once function ended noise level was good for talking, nice music in the background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent reliable qualityCanuckDined on 4/6/2014Twice a year I visit and the consistency is amazing. Even the waiter has been there for years. The restaurant is in a old mill that still has working parts. Very nice atmosphere. But the food is the main event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Aberfoyle Mill enduresTheHillsDined on 3/27/2014We have been going to the Aberfoyle Mill for over twenty years. I have always been impressed with the quality of their food and their menu. This time was no exception. Little has changed in the decor of the restaurant over the years and makes the ambiance a bit tired. However I would go back in a minute for the attention to service and quality of the food. Bravo!!Special Features:
- Great place to catch-upfoodeefunDined on 3/23/2014The ambiance was wonderful, complete with fire in a large fireplace. Very cozy on a cold winter night. Great place to catch up with friends/family. The noise level was perfect, with enough energy in the room, yet it was easy to hear each other. It felt like we were the only two in the room and could have talked all night. Service, food, wine, and attention to detail were all top-flight. Wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration SpotJenoDined on 3/23/2014We went to celebrate a 60th birthday. Amazing options for the diverse group. Kudos to so many gluten free options. Thank you for making it a memorable afternoon!Special Features: