Aberdeen Barn - Charlottesville
2018 Holiday Dr
Charlottesville, VA 22901Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Aberdeen Barn - Charlottesville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.aberdeenbarn.com/
- Phone: 4342964630
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Johnson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Aberdeen Barn is the perfect setting for your wedding rehearsal dinner, holiday party, business dinner or any special occasion that demands an excellent meal & exceptional service. We offer versatile accommodations & a wide selection of menu choices for any size gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Angela 4342964630
- Entertainment: Jazz music at our piano bar on Friday & Saturday evenings.
A word from Aberdeen Barn - Charlottesville
Established in 1965 as Charlottesville's premier steakhouse, dinner at "the Barn" has become a Charlottesville tradition. Serving only the finest Certified Angus Steaks, award winning Roast Prime Rib, exceptional seafood & fine wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Aberdeen Barn - Charlottesville - Best Restaurants in Charlottesville ›
Aberdeen Barn - Charlottesville reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (18)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014great ribeye, Their salad dressings are homemade, the waitress couldn't have been nicer, would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Charlottesville ClassicMikeVIPDined on 9/1/2014Really nostalgic for me but simply a fine old school steakhouse for everyone. They really make you feel like family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibCharlotteGuyDined on 8/30/2014If you like Prime Rib and are in Hooville, you must eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After UCLA GameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Online reservation was great. The prime rib was excellent, but the steak had too much charcoal flavor from the charbroiling. The table was a little small. The service was great. Will definitely go again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big ChangesLongTimeFanFor40Dined on 8/29/2014I grew up in C'ville but no longer live there. My recent experience was centered around treating my son's family to their favorite restaurant. They only dine there when someone picks up the bill (understandably), but they love your prime rib! I've dined in your restaurant for 40 years. While I waited for my family to going me, I was surprised to see diners dressed in shorts/casual attire. My Aberdeen memories are much more glamorous An older crowd, I'm guessing long-time customers. The prices have skyrocked since my son was last there. I now live in St. Louis, and think your menu is overpriced. The music was far too loud. The food, however, was prepared to perfection and Mark, our server, was a stellar waiter.Special Features:
- Classic steaksBethBDined on 8/29/2014Here's the best local place for steaks and select seafood. Simple menu, classic. Never had a bad meal there. Service is professional and subtle. A great place to dine and talk. I always look forward to a meal there and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW FINDDickVIPDined on 8/16/2014OUR FIRST TIME AND SURE TO RETURN. BEST PRIME RIB EVER AND THE ONION RINGS BEST WE EVER HAD! WE WERE FORTUNATE TO HAVE JIM AS OUR WAITER! GREAT!Special Features:
- Long in the tooth...CwconDined on 8/15/2014This place has been around for a while and it shows. The Barn wants to be an upscale steak place but misses. The decor needs to be cleaned up. Look pass the big picture and you'll feel the tired gloominess. The prime rib is just OK. It comes out at room temp and it's nothing special. The wait staff appear to be bored with the repetitiveness of the serving process. In a place like this I would not expect to have to handle my plate when served. The Barn equates to a tired, old man.
- Great place to celebrateKBBX5Dined on 8/15/2014We love to have a reason to visit our son at UVA. We always take him to Aberdeen Barn. The food is always fresh and great. The service is friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime rib ever!cjandsjinVADined on 8/15/2014Aberdeen Barn is an "oldie but goodie" that offers great food, especially the exceptionally tender prime rib. The wine list has a good selection that is reasonably priced. The salad and breadsticks with cheese are quite tasty. If you have a drink in the bar, they provide a bowl of salty peanuts, which is rare to find these days. The only criticism we can offer is that the potatoes and prime rib lacked salt, but we just added our own. The atmosphere is a little dated, but with all things considered, is still comfortable, not stuffy, regardless of whether you're in a casual or dressy mode.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aberdeen BarnbruinfanDined on 8/14/2014The food and service were both excellent! First they delivered toasted bread and pretzel sticks with a great cheese spread. We started with the BBQ Shrimp appetizer which was buttery and spicey. We both ordered the Prime Rib, which came with salad and baked potato. What was really great is that with the salad they delivered a spinner with 3 dressings to choose from, bleu cheese, thousand island and ranch, and you could put on how ever much you wanted. They also delivered hot bread with the meal. The prime rib was perfectly cooked and again, the spinner came with sour cream and bacon bits for the baked potato. The waiter and staff were attentive. It was an absolutely perfect dinner where we were celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- Great Steak DinnerPinehurstResidentVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had a delicious steak dinner with great drinks, veggies...everything! We will be back here again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. Can highly recommend the prime rib and the crab cakes. Piano music was great. A fabulous meal shared with good friends during Charlottesville's summer "Restaurant Week."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed OpportunityMissedOpportunity1Dined on 7/26/2014We did not dine at Aberdeen Barn this past Saturday evening. Family matters necessitated canceling the reservation which I did online through Open Table website on Friday the 25th. We will be going another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodrestweek1Dined on 7/25/2014Went here for restaurant week. They were great with our large party. The food was good, but not outstanding. The wine list was good. The decor was a little dated. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Awesome!MandelaDined on 7/25/2014Great recommendations for wine and food! Thank you, it was a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidly OKFluvannaFoodieDined on 7/24/2014While the restaurant looks nice and seems like an incredible place the food is okay. Nothing to complain about but nothing to get overly excited about either. It is doubtful that I would go out of my way to go back but if friends wanted to meet there I would be okay with that. The service was really good.Special Features:
- Long time Favorite1longtimeguestDined on 7/24/2014A great place for special occasions. The food is very good and the atmosphere is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A C'ville Landmark for a reasonagratefulcookDined on 7/23/2014I love Restaurant Week in Charlottesville, VA. Great opportunity to try new trends, sample new venues, etc. But, iceberg wedge salad? That wasn't on my "new" list. That wasn't on my parents "new" list!! Nevertheless, we went and it was worth it!! Opened in 1965, it is a classic, un-renovated, steak house, with superb beef, fresh crisp salads, flawless potato dishes, a nice wine list and a pink tiled ladies room. I'm actually very glad we went. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Great Prime RibdinneroutDined on 7/22/2014Really enjoyed our prime rib dinner during restaurant week. Always so good!Special Features:
- Pretty GoodcynnovaVIPDined on 7/21/2014I came here with a group of 6 (plus two kids) for restaurant week. I ordered the scallops and was a little disappointed with how little meat I got compared to those who ordered the chicken or the prime rib. They tasted fine, though. Otherwise, I thought the service was decent and I enjoyed the restaurant's decor.Special Features:
- JBE7Dined on 7/19/2014Dinner was good but served TOO quickly. We felt like we were being kind of rushed through our meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening at Aberdeen BarnRayGDined on 7/18/2014We always enjoy another visit to Aberdeen Barn. Start with a very good Bourbon Old Fashioned, followed by a Clams Casino appetizer that is to die for. (Can't share 'cause I'm not giving any of it up!) Excellent buttery medium Prime Rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for beefOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We visit often...is our place for good beef. The ambiance is good..sort of a Pub type place...we like to eat in the bar area
- 80th BirthdayBigBeetleDined on 7/17/2014Our group went here for 80th birthday party the food was outstanding we had an excellent timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aberdeen Barncubboy70Dined on 7/12/2014It was a cute little restaurant with table clothes and waiters in tuxedos. The steak was good, not spectacular. I was expecting a great steak based on the reviews. The service was very good, although very little explanation over the menu, I think they cater to mostly regulars. We probably won't go back, for as much as they are charging for a steak you just expect it to be better.Special Features:
- Not quite up to expectationsChuckFromDallasDined on 7/11/2014Aberdeen Barn did not live up the recommendation from local citizen as a place for exceptional dining. Service spotty- sometimes hard to find server. Food disappointing - prime rib very boring, crab cakes just fair, starter cracker sticks not fresh, dried chives served with baked potato. Nothing special about the ambience; noise level high since place was full, no apparent attempt to reduce it. I might go back, as I am unfamiliar with any other good restaurants in Charlottesville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Over pricedLocalJ7Dined on 7/11/2014Food is great although overpriced. They had no specials and the average steak is $40. The Barn special is also missing from the menu. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse in C'villeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014We typically go to the "Barn" when we are in Charlottesville at least once. The Fourth of July is an always date. We ad gone to the Downtown Grille in prior years as well, but the quality has markedly declined there. This normally allows us to go twice to the Barn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestrvweidieDined on 7/3/2014The food and service here is one of the best of any restaurants that I have encountered. The food is consistently above expectations. They are approaching 50 years of service (since 1965). That speaks volumes for the quality of service and food serviced. I live about 80 miles from the restaurant but will continue to go back whenever my schedule allows the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Prime RibsunsetdonVIPDined on 6/17/2014This restaurant on US 29 N in Charlottesville has been in business since 1965. The quality of the food and the service is very good. The décor is old wood, dark - very dark. The bathrooms are small and awkward. The place needs a renovation. But if you can get past that, the food is worth the effort. I had an outstanding Prime Rib. The selections of sides and wines is small. The service was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. It is a little pricey compared to other similar restaurants in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointmenttastefuldinningDined on 6/15/2014We had heard that Aberdeen barn was one of Charlottesville original steakhouses with a great reputation for steak. We were underwhelmed with our food, ribeye and crab cakes . Like the decor of the restaurant they seemed to be prepared with a 70's vibe. Most of the patrons dressed as if they had come straight from the ball park, where is the sense of proper dress? We would not recommend this place. I can say that the staff was very friendly.
- PrimeDined on 6/15/2014Not kid friendly but still a great dinner choice you cannot go wrong with the prime rib or filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prime ribChrisDined on 6/13/2014The only thing we ever eat at Aberdeen is the prime rib. We go there specifically for that dish! It is the BEST we have eaten anywhere and we have been out west many times, but nothing beats Aberdeen's prime rib. It was a special occasion and we do not eat there regularly because it is about 80 miles round trip to go there. But it is worth the prime rib. Their waiters have been there for YEARS and we often see the same waiters who served us 20 years ago! The interior is very dark and could use some updating, but the food is great.Special Features:
- June 8, 2014CWOTVIPDined on 6/8/2014I dined at Aberdeen Barn with a group of 4 and had a great time. The wait staff was extremely attentive and polite, there was a notable wine list and a great overall menu. I choose both seafood and steak during my meal and was not disappointed, I would recommend the Abeerdeen to true meat lovers everywhere.Special Features:
- Best Prime RibFineDinningAtItsBestDined on 6/6/2014If you love prime rib, you have to try it here. From start to finish, everything about dinner in the restaurant is the best. The food is always prepared perfectly and the service is great. The price is a little high, but the food and service is worth it.Special Features:
- lobmanVIPDined on 5/20/2014good food but drinks are a bit small service is greatSpecial Features:
- great dining experienceCeceDined on 5/19/2014Wonderful food, awesome service and great ambiance. Well worth the price as the steak, seafood, lobster bisque and roast were wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 270 reviews are from the Aberdeen Barn - Charlottesville reviews archive.
- Loved itguitartoysDined on 5/18/2014Food selection was awesome, a great steakhouse. The prime rib was the best I've ever tasted, but also good selection of seafood. Escargot was yummy. Great service, and good selection.Special Features:
- A classic!JRCCHODined on 5/18/2014Went to the Aberdeen Barn to celebrate a birthday -- and, as usual, we were not disappointed. The service was fantastic, which is typical, and the food was very good (although the steaks were not cooked consistently -- both ordered medium, and one arrived medium-well, and the other was bordering on rare). In addition, the individual who played the piano (we were seated on the bar side of the restaurant) was very talented, and provided some very nice background music during our dinner.Special Features: