Aberdeen Barn - Charlottesville
2018 Holiday Dr
Charlottesville, VA 22901Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Aberdeen Barn - Charlottesville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.aberdeenbarn.com/
- Phone: 4342964630
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Johnson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Aberdeen Barn is the perfect setting for your wedding rehearsal dinner, holiday party, business dinner or any special occasion that demands an excellent meal & exceptional service. We offer versatile accommodations & a wide selection of menu choices for any size gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Angela 4342964630
- Entertainment: Jazz music at our piano bar on Friday & Saturday evenings.
A word from Aberdeen Barn - Charlottesville
Established in 1965 as Charlottesville's premier steakhouse, dinner at "the Barn" has become a Charlottesville tradition. Serving only the finest Certified Angus Steaks, award winning Roast Prime Rib, exceptional seafood & fine wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Aberdeen Barn - Charlottesville - Best Restaurants in Charlottesville ›
Aberdeen Barn - Charlottesville reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (10)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- We love this placeRayGDined on 10/17/2014We always enjoy the Aberdeen Barn and always have a good meal here. Start with the Best Bourbon Old Fashion, a Clams Casino appetizer (you think you can share-- DON'T), then either the NY Strip or the Prime Rib Medium. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Prime Ribmags0809Dined on 10/17/2014The Prime Rib at this place was AMAZING!! The center cut is HUGE. Baked potato is served with sides of sour cream and bacon! Everything was delicious and service was great. I would highly recommend this place. Come hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobmanVIPDined on 10/13/2014excellent service and the shrimp cocktail and prime rib are great. Décor a bit dated but still a very good meal for meat lovers.Special Features:
- An unexpected delightBookFairieVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had to admit that the dated decor had us worrying about the quality of the food, but WOW, were we delighted by how good the meal was from appetizers to dessert. They delivered in spades. The large shrimp cocktail was perfectly cooked and very fresh, the onion soup garnered rave reviews by my son. Our steaks were perfectly cooked, and both were paired with seafood - the scallops and broiled lobster tail. Again, perfectly cooked and very flavorful. We enjoyed a warm chocolate cake with ice cream for dessert. It was lovely. The only criticism we could come up with were the salads, and that would be to offer a more up to date options vs the blue cheese, ranch, and thousand island offerings. We would definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Prime Rib HeavenLov2EatDined on 10/10/2014Prime rib is the main reason to go to the Aberdeen Barn, but their homemade salad dressings are also worth the trip, especially their ranch dressing. Their mashed potatoes are so good plain or my style with added bacon bits, sour cream and some hot horseradish!!!Special Features:
- Where is the Beef?PinehurstResidentVIPDined on 10/7/2014Well, if you want great steaks and prime rib go to the Aberdeen Barn! We had outstanding drinks, food, and service at this established steakhouse. We enjoyed mushrooms, salads, potato, veggie...what is not to like? We will be back when we visit Charlottesville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet MignonVickiL29Dined on 9/27/2014I got the Filet Mignon and it was good but I have to say I wish they had asked (as they have in the past) if I wanted it "butterflied". To me that down-grades it tremendously. It dries it out and makes it over done. It was still good but not near as it would have been. I even ordered the 9 oz. to get a nice big thick steak. I know it takes longer to cook but trust me, it is worth it. Bottom line, please ask before just doing that. Also the Prime Rib, larger one, my date said was absolutely wonderful... best ever. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntreeRavenDined on 9/26/2014Prime Rib was outstanding! Delmonico was fair. Service was very good. Evening ended with three complimentary miniature birthday cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SpecialTomSuzDined on 9/20/2014Dropped in to celebrate another birthday. Aberdeen Barn was outstanding as usual. They never disappoint. Excellent wine, spirits and beef; Prime Rib is our favorite! Difficult combination to beat, locally or in distant venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FooddreamerDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I found were in Charlottesville about ten years ago and the bed and breakfest that we were staying at recommended Amberdeen Barn and we loved it. We live a few hours away but we have been back several times and we just love it. This past weekend we went there for my belated birthday celebration and again everything was perfect. We both got clams casino which were delicious and we had the regular cut of prime rib, the prime rib melts in your mouth and it is perfection in every bite. My son had the chicken tenders which were excellent very crunchy fried perfectly they gave you a lot and he ate all of it. The service was also excellent. Amberdeen Barn has one of the best prime rib that I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True GemyackyDined on 9/19/2014Service impeccable, food delicious, and ALWAYS a fine dining experience. Would suggest you choose your area to dine when making your reservation. If you enjoy a quieter dining experience, ask to be seated on the right as you walk into the restaurant. If you enjoy a more festive, night life atmosphere, ask to be seated on the left as a walk in restaurant.Special Features:
- Good after they got the steak rightmysteryDined on 9/18/2014We ordered a prime rib, which was outstanding!!! as well as a ribeye. The ribeye was very tough, and honestly did not have the appearance of a ribeye, so we question the validity of what they were serving. The waitstaff, however, was very understanding and accommodating and brought us out a new "ribeye" which was much more tender and flavorful. They also removed the bill for the ribeye as compensation, which was very much appreciated.Special Features:
- UofLfootball1Dined on 9/13/2014great ribeye, Their salad dressings are homemade, the waitress couldn't have been nicer, would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Charlottesville ClassicMikeVIPDined on 9/1/2014Really nostalgic for me but simply a fine old school steakhouse for everyone. They really make you feel like family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibCharlotteGuyDined on 8/30/2014If you like Prime Rib and are in Hooville, you must eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After UCLA GameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Online reservation was great. The prime rib was excellent, but the steak had too much charcoal flavor from the charbroiling. The table was a little small. The service was great. Will definitely go again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big ChangesLongTimeFanFor40Dined on 8/29/2014I grew up in C'ville but no longer live there. My recent experience was centered around treating my son's family to their favorite restaurant. They only dine there when someone picks up the bill (understandably), but they love your prime rib! I've dined in your restaurant for 40 years. While I waited for my family to going me, I was surprised to see diners dressed in shorts/casual attire. My Aberdeen memories are much more glamorous An older crowd, I'm guessing long-time customers. The prices have skyrocked since my son was last there. I now live in St. Louis, and think your menu is overpriced. The music was far too loud. The food, however, was prepared to perfection and Mark, our server, was a stellar waiter.Special Features:
- Classic steaksBethBDined on 8/29/2014Here's the best local place for steaks and select seafood. Simple menu, classic. Never had a bad meal there. Service is professional and subtle. A great place to dine and talk. I always look forward to a meal there and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW FINDDickVIPDined on 8/16/2014OUR FIRST TIME AND SURE TO RETURN. BEST PRIME RIB EVER AND THE ONION RINGS BEST WE EVER HAD! WE WERE FORTUNATE TO HAVE JIM AS OUR WAITER! GREAT!Special Features:
- Long in the tooth...CwconDined on 8/15/2014This place has been around for a while and it shows. The Barn wants to be an upscale steak place but misses. The decor needs to be cleaned up. Look pass the big picture and you'll feel the tired gloominess. The prime rib is just OK. It comes out at room temp and it's nothing special. The wait staff appear to be bored with the repetitiveness of the serving process. In a place like this I would not expect to have to handle my plate when served. The Barn equates to a tired, old man.
- Great place to celebrateKBBX5Dined on 8/15/2014We love to have a reason to visit our son at UVA. We always take him to Aberdeen Barn. The food is always fresh and great. The service is friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime rib ever!cjandsjinVADined on 8/15/2014Aberdeen Barn is an "oldie but goodie" that offers great food, especially the exceptionally tender prime rib. The wine list has a good selection that is reasonably priced. The salad and breadsticks with cheese are quite tasty. If you have a drink in the bar, they provide a bowl of salty peanuts, which is rare to find these days. The only criticism we can offer is that the potatoes and prime rib lacked salt, but we just added our own. The atmosphere is a little dated, but with all things considered, is still comfortable, not stuffy, regardless of whether you're in a casual or dressy mode.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aberdeen BarnbruinfanDined on 8/14/2014The food and service were both excellent! First they delivered toasted bread and pretzel sticks with a great cheese spread. We started with the BBQ Shrimp appetizer which was buttery and spicey. We both ordered the Prime Rib, which came with salad and baked potato. What was really great is that with the salad they delivered a spinner with 3 dressings to choose from, bleu cheese, thousand island and ranch, and you could put on how ever much you wanted. They also delivered hot bread with the meal. The prime rib was perfectly cooked and again, the spinner came with sour cream and bacon bits for the baked potato. The waiter and staff were attentive. It was an absolutely perfect dinner where we were celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- Great Steak DinnerPinehurstResidentVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had a delicious steak dinner with great drinks, veggies...everything! We will be back here again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. Can highly recommend the prime rib and the crab cakes. Piano music was great. A fabulous meal shared with good friends during Charlottesville's summer "Restaurant Week."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed OpportunityMissedOpportunity1Dined on 7/26/2014We did not dine at Aberdeen Barn this past Saturday evening. Family matters necessitated canceling the reservation which I did online through Open Table website on Friday the 25th. We will be going another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodrestweek1Dined on 7/25/2014Went here for restaurant week. They were great with our large party. The food was good, but not outstanding. The wine list was good. The decor was a little dated. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Awesome!MandelaDined on 7/25/2014Great recommendations for wine and food! Thank you, it was a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidly OKFluvannaFoodieDined on 7/24/2014While the restaurant looks nice and seems like an incredible place the food is okay. Nothing to complain about but nothing to get overly excited about either. It is doubtful that I would go out of my way to go back but if friends wanted to meet there I would be okay with that. The service was really good.Special Features:
- Long time Favorite1longtimeguestDined on 7/24/2014A great place for special occasions. The food is very good and the atmosphere is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A C'ville Landmark for a reasonagratefulcookDined on 7/23/2014I love Restaurant Week in Charlottesville, VA. Great opportunity to try new trends, sample new venues, etc. But, iceberg wedge salad? That wasn't on my "new" list. That wasn't on my parents "new" list!! Nevertheless, we went and it was worth it!! Opened in 1965, it is a classic, un-renovated, steak house, with superb beef, fresh crisp salads, flawless potato dishes, a nice wine list and a pink tiled ladies room. I'm actually very glad we went. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Great Prime RibdinneroutDined on 7/22/2014Really enjoyed our prime rib dinner during restaurant week. Always so good!Special Features:
- Pretty GoodcynnovaVIPDined on 7/21/2014I came here with a group of 6 (plus two kids) for restaurant week. I ordered the scallops and was a little disappointed with how little meat I got compared to those who ordered the chicken or the prime rib. They tasted fine, though. Otherwise, I thought the service was decent and I enjoyed the restaurant's decor.Special Features:
- JBE7Dined on 7/19/2014Dinner was good but served TOO quickly. We felt like we were being kind of rushed through our meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening at Aberdeen BarnRayGDined on 7/18/2014We always enjoy another visit to Aberdeen Barn. Start with a very good Bourbon Old Fashioned, followed by a Clams Casino appetizer that is to die for. (Can't share 'cause I'm not giving any of it up!) Excellent buttery medium Prime Rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for beefOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We visit often...is our place for good beef. The ambiance is good..sort of a Pub type place...we like to eat in the bar area
- 80th BirthdayBigBeetleDined on 7/17/2014Our group went here for 80th birthday party the food was outstanding we had an excellent timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aberdeen Barncubboy70Dined on 7/12/2014It was a cute little restaurant with table clothes and waiters in tuxedos. The steak was good, not spectacular. I was expecting a great steak based on the reviews. The service was very good, although very little explanation over the menu, I think they cater to mostly regulars. We probably won't go back, for as much as they are charging for a steak you just expect it to be better.Special Features:
- Not quite up to expectationsChuckFromDallasDined on 7/11/2014Aberdeen Barn did not live up the recommendation from local citizen as a place for exceptional dining. Service spotty- sometimes hard to find server. Food disappointing - prime rib very boring, crab cakes just fair, starter cracker sticks not fresh, dried chives served with baked potato. Nothing special about the ambience; noise level high since place was full, no apparent attempt to reduce it. I might go back, as I am unfamiliar with any other good restaurants in Charlottesville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Over pricedLocalJ7Dined on 7/11/2014Food is great although overpriced. They had no specials and the average steak is $40. The Barn special is also missing from the menu. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.