Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton
2200 West Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abeandlouies.com/
- Phone: 5614470024x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm; Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Patrick Bouffard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton
Our classic, upscale steak house presents fine dining in an atmosphere of timeless elegance, offering guests the finest cuts of prime meats, fresh seafood, and much more. The Abe & Louie's experience focuses on providing undeniably superior service and classically prepared cuisine in a truly impressive setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)fit for foodies (64)notable wine list (61)good for groups (47)romantic (43)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (39)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (17)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- always deliversmikeVIPDined on 10/17/2014As always... abe and louis always does a good job. Good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We planned our dinner well in advance, three plus weeks to take our daughter for dinner, while visiting Lynn University for Parents Weekend. Even with a standing reservation we were initially placed in the back room amongst a large noisy party and in the middle of the door way. After notifying the hostess we were moved to another table in the front section. Dinner went well, good feed and hopefully the evening was saved.Special Features:
- Not impressedleftnybehindDined on 10/11/2014The food was good; the prices were ridiculously high. I know it is a high-end restaurant but I was disappointed. There were high points, but not equal to the cost. The table was poorly placed at the entry way to a back dining room. We felt like we were in the way. The room was very loud most of the time. And there really was nothing outstanding about the main courses - except the prices. Two notable exceptions - the lobster mac and cheese and the chocolate chip cookie dessert. We went because we had a gift card ($75) and spent that plus and additional $100 cash. I'm sorry, but I won't be back. It wasn't horrible, but the experience didn't support the bill.
- foodsnobsDined on 10/11/2014As always the food, service and ambience were impeccable. This is our go to place when we entertain and want a classic steakhouse for either business purposes or for a classy evening out.Special Features:
- LIKE2EATOUTDined on 10/11/2014We had been meaning to go for along time & we were very glad we finally went. We were greeted very nicely when we went through the front door & our waiter Vincent provided us with outstanding service. Our appetizers (clams & king crab), steaks (prime rib & delmonico) & desert (peach crisp) were prepared very well & as ordered. We will be going back & I would highly recommend anybody looking for a steakhouse restaurant visit Abe & Louie's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWBeachbumVIPDined on 10/9/2014Abe and Louie's never lets us down. The food, service, etc. was perfect. Our waiter Kyle was was over the top to accommodate us. He definitely outshines the wait staff at the restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting with a dear friendDonnafromBocaDined on 10/9/2014As usual, great cocktails to begin with, then I love the Abe&Louie's Salad. Then our entrees were perfectly cooked. Ending with a fabulous new desert. Our table, server and food was wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchLMB1Dined on 10/9/2014Perfect. Great lunch. Sensible portions. attentive staff. And a perfect Bread Pudding desertSpecial Features:
- Never disappointsClassicRoxDined on 10/8/2014I've been to Abe and Louie's many times for dinner and it is a favorite of mine. This was my first lunch time experience and I really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerPGBCEOVIPDined on 10/5/2014Dinner was very delicious. My kobe strip was cooked perfectly. The asparagus was a bit undercook.Special Features:
- Consistently The Best in BocaFoodieSLCVIPDined on 10/4/2014Boca has no shortage of steak houses but this is always consistent. The service is always top notch, attentive and professional with Bob. The food is always well prepared and any special requests accommodated. The rib eye is fantastic and the bacon appetizer a favorite with my family. The bar is always friendly and welcoming and a great place to start the evening. We have been coming for years and we feel it is the best of the bunch in Boca. You simply cannot get much better.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningwally3356Dined on 10/4/2014As always the food was prepared perfectly and the service was better. I like this Abe's better than the one in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Bad seats felt rushedWebbDined on 10/4/2014Food is very. good. Servive was a little rushed. Don't sit by the kitchen enterence. They said it's quiet and it is but Way too much traffic with all the staff walking back and forth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchChrisDined on 10/2/2014Both locations are excellent. Thoroughly enjoy everything! Only complaint was that I always over-eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBigtipperDined on 10/1/2014Great food + great service = great experience. Lobster Mac and cheese really good and so is the steak. Good bar tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is 5 Star; Noise Level 2 StarJimParklandDined on 9/27/2014Great wine list; love the way martinis are served! Service is excellent with both waiter/assistance waiter. Steaks are superb and restaurant has a wide-range of non-meat entrees. Appetizers and side dishes are large and very appropriate for sharing. Noise level is such that it's difficult to carry on a conversation; really something they should work on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014A wonderful dining experience, the food and service are always of the highest quality.Special Features:
- Abe & Louie's successfinickydinerDined on 9/23/2014My son and I had dinner at Abe and Louie's last night. The food was excellent, the service was even better, the ambiance is comfortable without being stuffy and every single person was spectacular. What a joy it was to celebrate a birthday without a single unpleasant person adding his or her insecurity. Some of the specials were sold out by the time we arrived but we felt well-looked-after every single moment. Someone or several someones has made it his responsibility that each detail goes off without a hitch. For that kind of quality I would do almost anything. The place is expensive but it exists and I am just thrilled that it does. Amenities are easy to find in South Florida. Amenities without attitude, so far just Abe & Louie's.Special Features:
- Not worth it !!!!Lovefood954Dined on 9/20/2014Apps came out 5 seconds after order them .. Where they already cooked and just sitting there mmmmm wonder why they where Luke warm .. Waited to order dinner until we where done with apps .... Steak came out ordered MED got MED WELL , bakes potato was ice cold , waiter took it back got garlic mashed that came to the table 5 minutes later looking like it got slapped on the plate and with a crust on top like it was sitting there for a while just waiting for someone to order them ..The only positive thought for the night was the wait staff they where on the money . Sorry the food wasn't , unfortunately will not go back .
- What a proper steakhouse should be!RayGVIPDined on 9/20/2014Everything from when we were greeted by the hosting staff was amazing! We have been here several times this time was the best. The waiter was great everything was times perfectly, never had to ask for a refill. The steak was amazing, perfectly cooked!I would recommend this to a friend.
- looks like a steak restaurantSALTYVIPDined on 9/20/2014The ambiance of dark wood is what a fine steak restaurant should look like. The meat was prepared and served as ordered. The serve was outstanding, by the waiter. The only disappointment was the porterhouse for two, it should be larger than the 40 ozs.Special Features:
- TerralaDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food and service. This was a third return visit and will repeat when we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice mealclovercloverVIPDined on 9/19/2014We hadn't been to Abe and Louie's for a while and we were happy to be back. The crab appetizer was delicious. The service was quite attentive and very good. Desserts were delicious.Special Features:
- MartyMB18Dined on 9/18/2014Fantastic! Just get the bone in filet, their signature steak. THE BEST period!Special Features:
- Always Great!medrareplzDined on 9/18/2014I've been to Abe and Louies many times with customers and the experience is always first class. My Mother was visiting from Maryland and I wanted to take her somewhere nice. The service and food where excellent and she's still talking about it! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!GeeskiVIPDined on 9/14/2014Never anything but totally outta ding in every aspect! Love coming here to dine!Special Features:
- great waiter made the differenceWeeklyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our server made great suggestions since not in the mood for a steak. Steak carpaccio was amazing with fried egg. so good could eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Shrimp was great Tuna tartare was not as good as it has been in the past but i was really hungry and ate it. Abe & Louis salad was good. Fresh berries and cream delicious and my guest enjoyed creme brulee I will always come back to Abe & LouieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicesidneytVIPDined on 9/12/2014great steakhouse experience outstanding service as usual only fault was the disappearance of the steakhouse bread basketSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional high end steakhouseMikeyDined on 9/7/2014Classic top notch steak dinner with ambiance and superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!PrincessVDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant was great! I took my mom here for her 65th bday and the food was so good. The steak was so tender and cooked perfectly. The lobster and crab bisque are exceptional. I could have eaten another bowl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fine Dining OptionPhilSommelierVIPDined on 9/2/2014I am not a big meat eater, but I often have to entertain clients and this is a nice place for that, comfortable, upscale, professional service, reliable food. The crab cakes were good, clams on the half shell, ok, one was not fresh, feeling a litttle queasy today, but that's the chance you take with raw shellfish, spinach and mushroom side disk ok, nothing extraordinary, typical seak house fare. If you're a wine lover ask them about their occasional half price wine specials.Special Features:
- Best!navidadVIPDined on 9/1/2014This is hands down my favorite go to steak house! The wait staff is awesome, the food is always what you'd expect from the best. If you like sangria, try their "special" sangria.Special Features:
- A bit of a disappointmentBeachbumVIPDined on 8/21/2014Our waiter was a new hire & didn't know what he was doing. Upon request we had to ask for everything-refills of beverages, crisps that we were informed they no longer have, butter, rolls etc. simple stuff. The Lobster salad could have been fantastic the problem being the lobster was non-existent. 1/2 of a 1 lb. lobster gives you maybe 6 little pieces. Very costly for very little! As a frequent patron of this restaurant this luncheon was a major disappointment especially since I brought a guest. I would thin twice before ordering that entree again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food -- Aloof StaffBocaFoodieDined on 8/19/2014When compared to Capital Grill, Ruths etc... Abe and Louie probably does beat their food... I will say from the first welcome at the door, the servers in the bar and the restaurant... after spending nearly $1000 for drinks and dinner for three the staff was certainly attentive... but Hostesses, Barmaid to Servers had a weird "aloof" attitude. Snotty in Boca comes to mind. Get over it... After all you are serving us; who happen to be your customer.
- Small room,big noiseMars88VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were a party of 2 and were seated in a small room with mainly large tables. Initially, the noise level was fine, but as larger parties of 8 and 10 were seated the room became much too noisy. Even though the food was great, we really did not enjoy the ambiance and it was my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!DiningDiVIPDined on 8/16/2014Fabulous dining experience at Abe and Louie's! We were seated right away to a comfortable and spacious booth. Bryan, our server, was the perfect combination of attentive without hovering. First delight is the new butter rolls that were brought to our table--light, airy and delicious! Our meals were cooked perfectly--we all ordered steaks and they were all perfectly medium rare with slight char--and fantastic. Side dishes of Yukon smashed and sauteed broccoli were a perfect accompaniment. We shared a huge piece of chocolate cake, which (as always!) was a great end to a special meal.Special Features:
- Consistently greatFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service with quick turnaround time after placing order.Special Features:
- Another great mealMenschDined on 8/15/2014Celebrated my birthday with my wife onshore trip to Boca. The food Asa Ways was great and the service second to none. They treat everyone like a valued customer not like some of the other Boca Area steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!!TLeevDined on 8/15/2014Even though Abe and Louie's are known for the steaks I order the pork chop which was AMAZING!! My daughter and husband got the bone in filet which was also delicious. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Very great job! Celebrating a special occasion and it was memorable! Waitor was personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.