Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton
2200 West Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abeandlouies.com/
- Phone: (561) 447-0024
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm; Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Patrick Bouffard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton
Our classic, upscale steak house presents fine dining in an atmosphere of timeless elegance, offering guests the finest cuts of prime meats, fresh seafood, and much more. The Abe & Louie's experience focuses on providing undeniably superior service and classically prepared cuisine in a truly impressive setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (66)good for groups (48)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (39)great for lunch (33)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (12)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Excellent wxperoence overallCTdinersVIPDined on 11/20/2014Flew in from Connecticut to visit family and chose restaurant based on Newspaper review we had seen weeks earlier. We had heard of the sister restaurant in Boston but had never been there. Went for a 9:00 p.m. reservation on a Thursday night. Restaurant was still busy but we were seated immediately. Observations- Service very attentive; Bread excellent but should have more than just 1 of each type and they should offer to bring more; Soup and salads were solid; After we ordered the waiter came back 5 minutes later as they realized they were out of Prime Rib. We both had ordered it. He apologized as they clearly should have known they were out. Had no idea how they ran out, especially on a Thursday night. The Porterhouse we ordered as replacement was excellent and their offer to cut off the bone and slice it in back reminded us of Carmine's Porterhouse in NYC; Sides were decent but unremarkable; Offered us a free dessert as apology for the Prime Rib mistake and then charged us for it. Overall was a good experience but the few hiccups were unexpected and avoidable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it...londonDined on 11/16/2014We ordered a Petitt Filet with a lobster side. I was lucky to get 3 bites of lobster for a wooing $28..outrageous. We won't be returning. .
- NormDined on 11/15/2014Waited 30 minutes to be seated. Food was very goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGrandma58Dined on 11/14/2014Steak and salmon were delicious. Side and desert portions huge. Loved the sautéed spinach with mushrooms. Service was attentive and impeccable. This is now one of my favorite restaurants in Boca. Will definitely make many return visits. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal but too loudDrgiDined on 11/14/2014I came to the restaurant early with my wife and were the first to be seated in the empty restaurant. Shortly thereafter the restaurant started to fill and customers were quickly seated at tables adjacent to ours and the noise level grew rapidly where I could hear everyones conversations except ours. The food and service were exceptional but we could not wait to leave the restaurant quickly enough because of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE SHALL RETURNRichDined on 11/8/2014Just keeping it basic; the food & service were outstanding, though the service was slightly bordering on making us feel rushed. However, once the dessert list arrived our server told us to relax, take our time finishing our wine & he'd be back to talk to us. He held true to his word, giving us 7 - 10 minutes before he returned to take our dessert order. Do not even bother trying any other dessert other than the butterscotch bread pudding, which was like nothing we've ever had before. As for the entrees, I had the bone-in filet mignon & my wife had the veal chop, both of which were excellent. It was our first visit to Abe & Louie's but certainly won't be our last............................Special Features:
- NoisedrdickgVIPDined on 11/8/2014Noise level was bad. Had a headache at end of eveningSpecial Features:
- Fabulous EveningElliotDined on 11/7/2014From the moment we arrived to the time that we left (Over 2 hours) it was wonderful.The food the service the atmosphere all made for a perfect evening with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014Service was excellent. My husbands steak was over cooked but he chose to keep it. They bought us a glass of wine for the mistake.Special Features:
- Delicious foodKwitDined on 11/6/2014We love Abe and Louie's However on this occasion we had to wait for approximately 40 minutesthis is unacceptable when you have a reservation however the maître d' tried to make it up to us by offering us appetizers drinks and desserts Everything was delicious but we would've preferred to have our reservation on time and forget the freebiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceJDudleyDined on 11/6/2014Service was outstanding, food was outstanding. Noise level was extremely high due to the bar had a cocktail party of 50 people. After they left it got better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as always, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014The restaurant is extremely popular, so much so that without reservations people were being turned away. That said, the noise level made it difficult to have a conversation with friends at dinner. But the food was outstanding. We did have a problem with the check, as we were charged for more wine than actually consumed and we were charged the wrong price.Special Features:
- A True Class ActLookingforYumsDined on 11/2/2014Our first experience at Abe and Louie's in Boca will definitely not be our last! Everything was superior, from the service to the food. We had such a pleasant and accommodating server (Charlie), the wine was delicious (as was the food) and the portions were enormous. Their house salad was a refreshing change from the norm and was just perfect. Everyone enjoyed their meals (steak and seafood dishes), right down to the bread selection. This place is a true gem!Special Features:
- Great steakhouse!4specialtreatsDined on 10/31/2014Food was delicious, very good service and ambiance. I'd reccomend this restaurant for a special ocassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger in South FloridaluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 10/31/2014As in the past, this restaurant serves up one of the best burgers in South Florida, topped with a choice of cheeses, grilled onion, caramelized onion, and tomato. Declined the fries and ordered grilled asparagus instead. While it was tasty, it was rather tough and fibrous, especially the thick end, which probably should have been shaved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abe and LouiesFloydDined on 10/30/2014Excellent ambiance, tremendous service and Great Food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS DELICIOUS!!beauoliVIPDined on 10/29/2014went for my birthday with family...everyone enjoyed their steak, salad , delicious side dishes...it was a wonderful meal and the service was excellent.have eaten here many many times and I believe it is the BEST steakhouse in Boca..and there are many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedLeeS38VIPDined on 10/27/2014All the food was delicious and perfectly prepared. And I don't usually complain, but after perusing the menu ahead of time, I knew what to expect. However, when the check came, I'm glad I was sitting. Every a la carte item added up and the glasses of wine and cocktails just added up to a check that just seemed off the chart. Unlike other Boca Steakhouses that offer a combination of sides, salads and a main course, here at Abe and Louie's, buckle up. All of us enjoyed the meal, the service, the ambience, but after thinking about how much I spent, it affected my attitude about recommending this restaurant to anyone without preparing them for a wildly excessively priced meal. I probably will not be back.Special Features:
- bill wunderlich & family 102614billinsignia1Dined on 10/26/2014fabulous as always - i've eaten here many times and never hesitate to take visiting out-of-towners for a real treatSpecial Features:
- Great service...ChrisDined on 10/25/2014This was probably the best service I have ever received in a restaurant. The server and his team were just amazing. My steak was a bit overcooked and overall the prices were a bit high but that's to be expected for such fine dining. I would highly recommend Abe and Louies if you are in Boca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExcellenceKonikoDined on 10/22/2014The service was outstanding. Many suggestions offered. Great menu selection. Food and portions very good. Enjoyed a nice evening and a relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014We were with family... so sharing was easy... the bone in ribeye was excellent but the veal chop was fantastic... Sea bass was good... could have been thicker to get more of the flakiness which is the signature of that fish... it was very plentiful and tasty but could have been better... Lobster Mac... nice idea great flavor... needed more lobster for $25.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. The food and drinks were excellent. I will recommend this restaurant to my friends and family and we will return soon.Special Features:
- always deliversmikeVIPDined on 10/17/2014As always... abe and louis always does a good job. Good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult eveningParents123Dined on 10/17/2014We planned our dinner well in advance, three plus weeks to take our daughter for dinner, while visiting Lynn University for Parents Weekend. Even with a standing reservation we were initially placed in the back room amongst a large noisy party and in the middle of the door way. After notifying the hostess we were moved to another table in the front section. Dinner went well, good feed and hopefully the evening was saved.Special Features:
- Not impressedleftnybehindDined on 10/11/2014The food was good; the prices were ridiculously high. I know it is a high-end restaurant but I was disappointed. There were high points, but not equal to the cost. The table was poorly placed at the entry way to a back dining room. We felt like we were in the way. The room was very loud most of the time. And there really was nothing outstanding about the main courses - except the prices. Two notable exceptions - the lobster mac and cheese and the chocolate chip cookie dessert. We went because we had a gift card ($75) and spent that plus and additional $100 cash. I'm sorry, but I won't be back. It wasn't horrible, but the experience didn't support the bill.
- foodsnobsDined on 10/11/2014As always the food, service and ambience were impeccable. This is our go to place when we entertain and want a classic steakhouse for either business purposes or for a classy evening out.Special Features:
- LIKE2EATOUTDined on 10/11/2014We had been meaning to go for along time & we were very glad we finally went. We were greeted very nicely when we went through the front door & our waiter Vincent provided us with outstanding service. Our appetizers (clams & king crab), steaks (prime rib & delmonico) & desert (peach crisp) were prepared very well & as ordered. We will be going back & I would highly recommend anybody looking for a steakhouse restaurant visit Abe & Louie's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWBeachbumVIPDined on 10/9/2014Abe and Louie's never lets us down. The food, service, etc. was perfect. Our waiter Kyle was was over the top to accommodate us. He definitely outshines the wait staff at the restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting with a dear friendDonnafromBocaDined on 10/9/2014As usual, great cocktails to begin with, then I love the Abe&Louie's Salad. Then our entrees were perfectly cooked. Ending with a fabulous new desert. Our table, server and food was wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchLMB1Dined on 10/9/2014Perfect. Great lunch. Sensible portions. attentive staff. And a perfect Bread Pudding desertSpecial Features:
- Never disappointsClassicRoxDined on 10/8/2014I've been to Abe and Louie's many times for dinner and it is a favorite of mine. This was my first lunch time experience and I really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerPGBCEOVIPDined on 10/5/2014Dinner was very delicious. My kobe strip was cooked perfectly. The asparagus was a bit undercook.Special Features:
- Consistently The Best in BocaFoodieSLCVIPDined on 10/4/2014Boca has no shortage of steak houses but this is always consistent. The service is always top notch, attentive and professional with Bob. The food is always well prepared and any special requests accommodated. The rib eye is fantastic and the bacon appetizer a favorite with my family. The bar is always friendly and welcoming and a great place to start the evening. We have been coming for years and we feel it is the best of the bunch in Boca. You simply cannot get much better.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningwally3356Dined on 10/4/2014As always the food was prepared perfectly and the service was better. I like this Abe's better than the one in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Bad seats felt rushedWebbDined on 10/4/2014Food is very. good. Servive was a little rushed. Don't sit by the kitchen enterence. They said it's quiet and it is but Way too much traffic with all the staff walking back and forth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchChrisDined on 10/2/2014Both locations are excellent. Thoroughly enjoy everything! Only complaint was that I always over-eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBigtipperDined on 10/1/2014Great food + great service = great experience. Lobster Mac and cheese really good and so is the steak. Good bar tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is 5 Star; Noise Level 2 StarJimParklandDined on 9/27/2014Great wine list; love the way martinis are served! Service is excellent with both waiter/assistance waiter. Steaks are superb and restaurant has a wide-range of non-meat entrees. Appetizers and side dishes are large and very appropriate for sharing. Noise level is such that it's difficult to carry on a conversation; really something they should work on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014A wonderful dining experience, the food and service are always of the highest quality.Special Features: