Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton
2200 West Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abeandlouies.com/
- Phone: 5614470024x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm; Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Patrick Bouffard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton
Our classic, upscale steak house presents fine dining in an atmosphere of timeless elegance, offering guests the finest cuts of prime meats, fresh seafood, and much more. The Abe & Louie's experience focuses on providing undeniably superior service and classically prepared cuisine in a truly impressive setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Abe and Louie's - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)fit for foodies (56)notable wine list (54)romantic (49)good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (38)hot spot (31)great for brunch (26)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A bit of a disappointmentBeachbumVIPDined on 8/21/2014Our waiter was a new hire & didn't know what he was doing. Upon request we had to ask for everything-refills of beverages, crisps that we were informed they no longer have, butter, rolls etc. simple stuff. The Lobster salad could have been fantastic the problem being the lobster was non-existent. 1/2 of a 1 lb. lobster gives you maybe 6 little pieces. Very costly for very little! As a frequent patron of this restaurant this luncheon was a major disappointment especially since I brought a guest. I would thin twice before ordering that entree again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food -- Aloof StaffBocaFoodieDined on 8/19/2014When compared to Capital Grill, Ruths etc... Abe and Louie probably does beat their food... I will say from the first welcome at the door, the servers in the bar and the restaurant... after spending nearly $1000 for drinks and dinner for three the staff was certainly attentive... but Hostesses, Barmaid to Servers had a weird "aloof" attitude. Snotty in Boca comes to mind. Get over it... After all you are serving us; who happen to be your customer.
- Small room,big noiseMars88VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were a party of 2 and were seated in a small room with mainly large tables. Initially, the noise level was fine, but as larger parties of 8 and 10 were seated the room became much too noisy. Even though the food was great, we really did not enjoy the ambiance and it was my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!DiningDiVIPDined on 8/16/2014Fabulous dining experience at Abe and Louie's! We were seated right away to a comfortable and spacious booth. Bryan, our server, was the perfect combination of attentive without hovering. First delight is the new butter rolls that were brought to our table--light, airy and delicious! Our meals were cooked perfectly--we all ordered steaks and they were all perfectly medium rare with slight char--and fantastic. Side dishes of Yukon smashed and sauteed broccoli were a perfect accompaniment. We shared a huge piece of chocolate cake, which (as always!) was a great end to a special meal.Special Features:
- Consistently greatFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service with quick turnaround time after placing order.Special Features:
- Another great mealMenschDined on 8/15/2014Celebrated my birthday with my wife onshore trip to Boca. The food Asa Ways was great and the service second to none. They treat everyone like a valued customer not like some of the other Boca Area steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!!TLeevDined on 8/15/2014Even though Abe and Louie's are known for the steaks I order the pork chop which was AMAZING!! My daughter and husband got the bone in filet which was also delicious. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Very great job! Celebrating a special occasion and it was memorable! Waitor was personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kyle is a fabulous waiterJoyceDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent, service was over the top! The restaurant interior is comfortable and embracingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014the food was presented very nicely. thought it was a little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldresDined on 8/10/2014-first class ambience -brunch menu could use some fish/seafood choices, other than a lobster-shrimp omelette. -needs bread/rolls other than bran,blueberry muffins & miniature croissants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Fantastic bone in steaks! Our waiter Gee from Nawlins! Was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!HappycamperDined on 8/3/2014Best French onion soup..steaks were amazing .. Swordfish steak amazing .. Lobster Mac and cheese best ever!! And ourwaiter Bradford made our dinner even better... Can't wait to go back and request him..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JasonFuptDuckDined on 8/2/2014I don't go to this restaurant often, it is a bit pricey, but I've never had a disappointing experience or meal. Great wait staff no bad attitudes. Food is off the hook delicious. Wish I could come here more often.Special Features:
- Solid mealWCLdinerDined on 8/2/2014Good steakhouse meal with great service. Expensive like every other steakhouse. But enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Like being in BostonPudgeDined on 7/27/2014A great meal! And you get it EXACTLY how you want it (with a subtle nudge from your waiter, if he thinks you shouldn't). For a unique "surf and turf," go with the filets and order the lobster Savannah as an additional entree for the table. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitrasdesDined on 7/26/2014We had heard good things about this restaurant so we decided to give it a try. Overall the evening was good. The atmosphere was relaxing, a little busy but not overly loud. The service was good and the beet appetizer was outstanding. The prime rib came out a little underdone (ordered medium but came out rare) and the veal chop came out a little overdone (ordered rare but came out medium) but otherwise our meals were good. As this was our first visit we will withhold final judgement until after we visit again which will be soon. Hopefully this will become our go to steakhouse.
- DesiluDined on 7/22/2014Thomas waited on us and was terrific. He was attentive, our food was delivered timely and was excellent. Great time for all of us!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricehar123VIPDined on 7/21/2014We went here for lunch and had the crab salad. There was very little crab and an abundance of lettuce. It certainly not worth the $25.00 price tag. The dessert was very good- the chocolate chip cookie dessert. The service was very good. However, our waitress never "cracked a smile". This was our second visit to Abe and Louie's (our first was for dinner). Neither visit was impressive. We will not return.
- BEST BRUNCH IN BOCATanzyVIPDined on 7/20/2014I don't know why I waited so long to try brunch here, because we eat dinner here all the time. Everything was outstanding. They start you off with fresh baked muffins & warm croissant. We started with a couple orders of the Lox & Bagels to share, it's their special every Sunday. The salmon was great, and it was served with capers, onion, tomato and cream cheese. For entrees we had the Blueberry Pancakes, French Toast with pecan, maple banana syrup served in a bowl on the side, Lobster & Shrimp Omelet, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, and the Scallop Salad. The Mimosas were made with fresh orange juice, and tasted great. My entire family was so impressed with the food and service. We will definitely make this a regular Sunday ritual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- andiDined on 7/19/2014As one of many steakhouses in the community, this one had the worst meat--fatty beyond marbled, tough and overly salted. BUT, the clams casino were great.
- Way beyond what we expectedJeffDined on 7/17/2014We are steak lovers, and had been told that Abe & Louie's was very good. That was an understatement! The steaks were terrific, as were the lump crab cocktail, spinach, sweet potato, and peach cobbler. But the service was extraordinary!! From wine, steak, and side recommendations, to making sure my water glass was always full, it was a real dining experience! Definitely will be going back!Special Features:
- Not just for steakluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 7/17/2014This place is consistently excellent. The food is way above average as is the service. On this occasion the tuna nicoise was very good. The black bean soup was excellent. The service was attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentGbarrVIPDined on 7/15/2014You will never have a better lunch salad than the chopped salad with any topping. Today I had blackened chicken. Service impeccable. Sat in bar area. The this cheese bread is unreal.Special Features:
- Amazingjoann33Dined on 7/12/2014i had an amazing time here. The food was great, especially the porterhouse, and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Consistently fabulous food and service. Been going here for years. Get a Preferred Rewards card with them - you earn dining points that come in very handy and they can apply your rewards to your check based on the points you accumulate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must TryMark997Dined on 7/11/2014Great Food, Great Sevice, Pricing on high side but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual...great diningPalmBeachCriticDined on 7/8/2014Abe and Louie's never disappoints for fine dining. It was nice to eat there off season when the noise level was more tolerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too good to be trueNadineVIPDined on 7/7/2014Swordfish & steak was simply Delicious!!!! Money worth spending!!! Food always consisting & delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abe and LouissmileVIPDined on 7/5/2014As usual this restaurant never disappoints us ..food is excellent and portions are larger than we need however, there is no pressure to leave ..no pressure to order the minute you sit down ..just classySpecial Features:
- Not what I had expected !NewcomerDined on 7/5/2014The reservation was made way in advance and was for 6:00 pm they could have given us ANY table in the restaurant that early . We were taken to a table approx 1' x 18" We could bearly fit a dish on table ! The salad was terribly over salted and I told the waiter .. he just shrugged and cleared it off without saying a word. The side dishes were very small compared to other steak houses The birthday dessert was dropped off on the table with no recognition The prices are too high to justify the food and it was no better than Morton's which is 1/2 the price !!! Skip this place .. make a trip to NY and go to a real steak house called Peter Luger's in Great Neck. That is truly worth every penny u pay!
- Always deliversjzwestchesterVIPDined on 7/4/2014Very good steak and wine in perfect steakhouse ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to its usual levelDiningDiVIPDined on 7/3/2014We chose Abe and Louie's to celebrate my daughter's birthday and felt the restaurant was suffering from an off night. Our waiter was not attentive--we ended up having to pour our own wine and sparkling water and we had to ask for the lobster accessories as they were not placed on the table before or after the entrees were presented. The couple next to us where aghast when his steak was presented and appeared to be raw (he had requested medium rare) and my husband's prime rib was a very small cut and not to the usual quality. My daughter selected the chocolate cake for dessert and it was brought to the table and plopped down with no fanfare or even a happy birthday wish. The Yukon Gold Smashed potatoes and Filet were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- GreatLbocaDined on 7/2/2014I went there for my Girl Friends Birthday. It was great. Food and Service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Insgal13Dined on 7/2/2014Food was supurb.....as was the service! Danielle was so accommodating and what a personality! When making reservations, I was very specific as to my wants....round table, arm chair and very near the entrance as my friend has a severe mobility issue....every need was met! Thank you for making a special night more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonclaireVIPDined on 7/1/2014Best in Boca Each meal well prepared with fresh ingredients. Best Burger with the very best fries in all of FloridaSpecial Features:
- Best in BocaTanzyVIPDined on 6/30/2014Classic steak house with great service. Had the chili and tuna tartar, both were excellent. For my entree I had the Filet with the bone. The bone adds lots of flavor to the filet, and it comes out much juicier than a normal filet. Most steak houses do not serve this cut of meat, since it is a rare cut. The server told me it's a porterhouse steak that is cut through the bone. One side is the Strip Steak, the other, the bone-in Filet. Can't wait to go back and have it again. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ihhltdVIPDined on 6/28/2014The prime dry aged ny strip could have been the best steak i have ever eaten in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Mediocre Steak HouseAlexKeyWestDined on 6/26/2014If you're a fan of steak houses, this one is ok. Nothing special. Seemed a little pricy, but if your share the very large sides and apps/salad it's not unreasonable by steak house standards. Would I go back...probably not. If a friend going to Boca wanted a steak house recommendation...probably Morton's, about 5 minutes away. The "signature" steak is a bone-in filet mignon. Strange, never saw a tender loin attached to part of the T-bone before. OK you have to do something different.
- Delicious steak!pickyfoodeaterDined on 6/26/2014If you want a good steak, here's your place! Well worth the money, and get the smashed potatoes to go with it!Special Features: