Abe and Louie's Boston
793 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Abe and Louie's Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.abeandlouies.com/
- Phone: 6175366300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tindaro Losurdo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Abe and Louie's Boston
Abe & Louie's represents the ultimate in classic American steakhouses, while still maintaining local charm and appeal. Our philosophy focuses on the finest quality food and service; this emphasis on quality is showcased in our décor and atmosphere. The Abe & Louie's commitment to quality is best represented in our signature prime steaks that are selected from the finest corn-fed, local and Midwestern beef. All the steaks served are aged 6 weeks on the bone to ensure the most flavorful and juicy steaks. Guests will marvel at our menu's emphasis on our fresh seafood and produce. The lump crab cake and swordfish chop are signature dishes, outstanding in their own right, in addition to the exclusive bone-in filet mignon and other fine steaks and chops. Our high-quality cuisine is paired with an award-winning wine list featuring a selection of over 200 wines from the best regions in the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Abe and Louie's Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Abe and Louie's Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
478 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (286)notable wine list (164)fit for foodies (162)romantic (121)good for groups (116)hot spot (115)vibrant bar scene (110)great for outdoor dining (95)neighborhood gem (92)great for lunch (85)great for brunch (53)late-night find (24)scenic view (19)kid-friendly (16)Show More
- Most delicious steak everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014This was our second time at Abe and Louie's. Once again, I was extremely satisfied. This is our go to spot when we visit the Boston area. At first, my steak was cooked a little too well. I asked for it to be medium well. I sent it back and the chef came back with a new steak cooked just as I wanted it. He also apologized for the mix up. Needless to say, the steak was delicious and so were the potatoes au gratin and asparagus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and great foodNancyNurseDined on 10/19/2014The food was outstanding with service to match. The meal started with delicious cinnamon bread. Decor and wallhanging are interesting and inviting!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Four of us for Brunch which was lovely but - sirloin steak and eggs was NOT good. Steak inferior all the way. For the price, and especially since we were in a well known steak restaurant, we expected much better quality. Other food (eggs Benedict) - fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abe & Louie's delivers again!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We come to Abe & Louie's 2-3 times per year and they have NEVER disappointed. Always a top drawer experience with expert service. This visit was especially good. My wife had the aged NY sirloin - a perfect piece of beef done to perfection. I had one of the specials, which was a thick, perfectly white piece of blackened halibut over lobster risotto - devine!Special Features:
- OutstandingTracyDined on 10/18/2014They were incredibly busy, but were able to keep most people happy. Great food as always. Service was a little slow this time, but again they were very busy.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed the outdoor seating area for brunch. Price very modest for fabulous meal with very generous portions. Cinnamon rolls are delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Whole staff was rude from hostess to waitress. Food was okay but expected more for the price we paid. Had a reservation for 6 and they tried to sit us at a table for 4. When I asked to move it seemed to put them out.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Wonderful experience for celebrating my birthday. Great service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulaDined on 10/13/2014Great food. Fantastic service. Great location. Couldn't of found a better placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I ate one of the best steak in Abe & Louis. The taste of the food was excellent and its service is very nice. I hope to visit here again if I have another opportunity to go to Boston.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food was outstanding. We had the bone in filet mignon which was recommended by our waiter Tim. We also had the bacon and blue cheese appetizer which was amazing. We would definitely recommend this to anyone going to Boston. It is a little noisy but the food and service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Too slow and too saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014We have enjoyed excellent Sunday "brunches" at this old stand-by. However, this past Sunday, the service seemed slow, especially since it was not as crowded as on prior occasions. More of the problem was the food. My lobster omelette was so salty, I should have sent it back. However, I had waited so long for it, I did not want to wait any longer to eat. My wife was happy with her 3-ways eggs benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014After moving to NYC, I came back home to visit my parents. We went to brunch at Abe and Louie's, one of our old regular places. The food, as always, was delicious and well presented. It's simply great.Special Features:
- Great LocationtraveldinerDined on 10/11/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Boston. Never a bad choice to go here. Only drawback is that the lobster always comes opened up already and therefore is sometimes not as hot as it could be. I prefer to open the lobster myself, I think at least that option should be available, especially at the premium price I would think it would be possible to customize an order in that way. Everything else is amazing though and I always recommend this restaurant to friends that come into town.
- paul1Dined on 10/11/2014Disappointing!! Waitress was unengaged. The assistant waitress was horrible. Person who brought the food said one of the steaks was a Delmonico. No one in our party of 6 ordered a Delmonico. She brought it back to the table she was serving the food from. Looked at it again and said it was a Ribeye. Not really sure what we gotSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, I had requested a table in a remote area that didn't have a lot of foot traffic passing by. They held our reservation for 25 minutes, despite being very busy. Upon arrival we were escorted to our table on the second floor that was perfectly located in the corner overlooking Boylston st. Our waiter was personable, efficient and knowledgeable he went above and beyond by treating us to a complimentary dessert for our special occasion !! A lovely evening with great food, it is pricey but in my opinion worth the money.Special Features:
- 45 Min Wait even WITH RESERVATIONS!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Would've been a perfect dining experience if there had not been a 45-50 minute wait and we had reservations!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Prime rib was not as big as in the past but everything else was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!dineoutDined on 10/11/2014Expensive but, worth every penny for a treat! The steak was amazing and the sides are enough for2 people. Lobster mac and cheese was rich and creamy and heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great grub & servicewoodyolaDined on 10/10/2014booked late with open table and got in although the restaurant was packed! Awesome steak and sides and a really nice vibe and ambience to the place. Would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Boston traditionJasonFDined on 10/10/2014Want a steak? This is the place. Don't bother finding anywhere else to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Everything was great with the exception of the lobster mac & cheese.....very little lobster. The service, ambiance, drinks and steaks/fish were exceptional. Thanks for making the anniversary one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place for Steak in BistonBJRIDined on 10/10/2014If you are looking for a great steak in Boston, Abe & Louie's is the place. Although there are a number of national steak chain restaurants in Boston, Abe & Louie's gives you the same quality with local flair. The menu is very similar to the national chains, but the food is as good if not better. Excellent service. Great atmosphere, centrally located. Reservations are a must.Special Features:
- superb foodeateryDined on 10/9/2014The meals are always excellent. Best steaks well aged and very flavorful. Wait staff attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IT IS A MUSTJOSEMIDined on 10/8/2014A&L is a must when you visit Boston. Location, atmosphere, food and service are excellent. We spent 2 nights in Boston for our Aniversary and this was one of the choices. The service was excellent, foor was awesome, and they granted us with an aniversary cake upon dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- natalie's birthdayHappyDadDined on 10/8/20146 of us had a great birthday party for my 20 year old. They did it right and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014Abe & Louie's never disappoints. Great steaks but the seafood is also as good as any place in the city!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchSegwayTravelerVIPDined on 10/5/2014Always a great choice for oysters and clams on the half shell and of course steak! A real pleasant surprise that their brunch was so delicious .... Especially the shrimp omelette. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peabodyfoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Continues to be one of the best steakhouses in Boston. Menu variety was extensive, and both apps and entrees in our group were superb; steaks were cooked to perfection. Waiter was knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive. Would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Everyone MUST go at Least ONCEDCREM1Dined on 10/4/2014I requested a quiet table My wife ordered the Filet Mignon medium cooked perfectly I the Aged Prime NY Sirloin medium rare. Right on queue we were served the bottle of wine which was at the perfect temperature. Mine steak was a thing of beauty, 16 oz of 2 inch thick center cut perfection. We enjoyed our meals and never once felt rushed. Our waitress brought us over a “Skillet Cookie” which is a warm chocolate chip cookie, with chocolate sauce, candied pecans and vanilla ice cream. I never told her about our Anniversary, it was mentioned in the notes I left on Open Table. They obviously listened and took the time to make sure we had the quiet table and the dessert which was on the house. This place is a must for all to enjoy. Valet ParkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Food and ServiceSteveDDined on 10/4/2014The service was exceptional and the quality and preparation of our steaks made our experience one to remember. Exceptional restaurant that gives you your money's worth and then some!Special Features:
- GoodGaryDined on 10/4/2014Everything was great overall. Only issue was that we ordered the Lobster Savannah, and the lobster was slightly over cooked causing it to to be somewhat chewy. Other than that everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICE!!!BELLA2009Dined on 10/4/2014I'LL TELL YOU THAT I WAS DISAPPOINTED, IN THE FULL TOWER THAT WE RECEIVED. I WAS IMPRESSED WHEN I FIRST SAW IT TERR LEVEL, WHEN THEY BROUGHT TO OUR TABLE AND IT WAS ON PLATES FLAT ON THE TABLE, I WASN'T HAPPY. IT WAS ALL VERY GOOD, BUT THE PRESENTATION WASN'T THE SAME.Special Features:
- Long leisurely lunchJolen64Dined on 10/4/2014On the last day of our vacation, we looked for a good lunch spot before heading to the Airport. We enjoyed a nice pace to the service (not rushed) and very attentive staff, without being pushy. The food and wine were excellent. We both had seafood (clams/crab) as an appertizer and both had a steak as entrée. Steaks cooked to perfection and the sides were excellent. We felt the experience rounded off our vacation well and we would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Very good!Lights89Dined on 10/3/2014love abe and louies been here before plenty of times and will be back again food was amazing drinks were just right and the service was good could have been better but they looked very busy overall awesome I'll deff be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime all the timeAandLDined on 10/2/2014The food at Abe and Louie's is the #1 reason to go, but once you get there, the experience is a close second. Sitting upstairs with a good view of Boylston st, the setting is perfect for a dinner with someone you care about. You can talk to each other without having to shout and though you are seated close to the people around you, it is not like you are sitting at the same table, which is the feel of some Boston restaurants. It is not a stuffy atmosphere like other high end places, and you feel like you can just relax and enjoy the top shelf menu and wine list without having to keep your nose high in the air and look snooty to fit inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in BostonLeewayDined on 10/1/2014I am in Boston perhaps once a year and I always take time to have at least one meal at Abe & Louies. Great food, probably my favorite restaurant anywhere! My most recent trip I spent a week in Montreal after Boston and found the French onion soup at Abe & Louies unmatched by any restaurant in Montreal.Special Features:
- Boston Steakhouse DiningBenJoeVIPDined on 10/1/2014We had a great dining experience and delicious meal. Steaks were all cooked to perfection. Food was great. Waiter extra attentive without driving us crazy. Definitely a steakhouse ambiance.Special Features:
- Otherworldly Steak and Lamb!!!Affy888Dined on 9/30/2014Wow! We're from NY and thought we had the best steak there until Abe and Louis! It was my husband's 50th bday celebration with our two teenage sons. They ordered the rib eye and I ordered lamb chops. And for sides: spinach and mushrooms and French onion soup. We took home leftovers and didn't expect it to keep but wow! Double the pleasure. The only disappointment was the beef veg soup. Tasted like canned. The house salad was stupendous along with my lamb chops! Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Experiencejj2denverVIPDined on 9/30/2014Amazing rib eye, wonderful sides and considerate service. It's always a bit uncomfortable dining alone but I was never uncomfortable here. From the hostess to the server to the busboy, all made me welcome and worked to adjust to my timing wishes for my meal.Special Features: