Abe and Louie's Boston
793 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Abe and Louie's Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.abeandlouies.com/
- Phone: 6175366300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tindaro Losurdo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Abe and Louie's Boston
Abe & Louie's represents the ultimate in classic American steakhouses, while still maintaining local charm and appeal. Our philosophy focuses on the finest quality food and service; this emphasis on quality is showcased in our décor and atmosphere. The Abe & Louie's commitment to quality is best represented in our signature prime steaks that are selected from the finest corn-fed, local and Midwestern beef. All the steaks served are aged 6 weeks on the bone to ensure the most flavorful and juicy steaks. Guests will marvel at our menu's emphasis on our fresh seafood and produce. The lump crab cake and swordfish chop are signature dishes, outstanding in their own right, in addition to the exclusive bone-in filet mignon and other fine steaks and chops. Our high-quality cuisine is paired with an award-winning wine list featuring a selection of over 200 wines from the best regions in the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Abe and Louie's Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Abe and Louie's Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
490 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (293)fit for foodies (171)notable wine list (165)romantic (126)good for groups (124)hot spot (117)vibrant bar scene (107)neighborhood gem (95)great for outdoor dining (89)great for lunch (86)great for brunch (57)late-night find (26)scenic view (20)kid-friendly (16)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014broke my tooth on the abe and louie salad pasachio nut shells in it Not a great experince I don't think I will be returning to this restaurant in the near future The only good thing about this restaurant was the server Janice did a great job.Its not the old Abe and Louies as I remembered it a few years ago!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Great restaurant. I like my steak well done and they know what that means - cooked all the way through but NOT burned on the outside! Delicious. The Mac and cheese is probably the best I've ever had. I would recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Great food & atmosphere. The sirloin steak was cooked perfect, the sautéed spinach was just the way I like it & the Caymus wine fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Janlou1VIPDined on 10/28/2014Very good as usual. Only complaint is that steak could be a bit more tender. Also, knives were dull!Special Features:
- Relaxing lunchCWL7VIPDined on 10/28/2014This was a good location on Boylston within a nice walking distance of my friend's hotel at Copley. The food was okay but I thought it was overpriced for the quantity of lobster in my salad. My friend's tuna in her salad was too cooked but then again, she asked for medium-well-done. Maybe the waiter should have told her it would be too dry. Anyway, I will definitely go back and try something different. It was such a pleasant dining experience otherwise. Very attentive waiters and, at lunch, it wasn't noisy so we were able to talk. In Boston, this is really quite important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014The portions are large and the steaks are fine. My Prime Rib was very good, but not excellent; it's not on a bone and was missing that savory quality you get on the browned surfaces. Sides are very good; the Au Gratin Potatoes and out of this world. My Skillet Cookie was OK. The other side of the table split a HUGE Seven Layer Chocolate Cake. That looked quite good, but it would have kept me up all night. BTW, I LOVED the presentation of my Manhattan. To accommodate a full pour and avoid spilling, they serve a glass ice bucket on the side, with the part of the drink in a very attractive heavy glass tube. No spills and it keeps the rest of the drink nicely chilled. Service is superb, professional without being at all "stand-offish."Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchMandyVIPDined on 10/26/2014Dinner is always great here but the brunch was just as good!Special Features:
- Great for Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014I've been here twice for brunch and the food is amazing. The prices are actually reasonable for the quality of the food that you get. You can't go wrong with any of the Benedicts (Get the lobster bene if you can) and the Potatoes Au Gratin are sinfully good. I'd stay away from the Glazed Carrots, we were not impressed. That's about the only negative thing I can say about this place. The wait staff is attentive and professional. Great stuffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKJaxreviewVIPDined on 10/25/2014So let's start with the fact that we had a LATE reservation (9:30pm). Showed up a little early and got seated a little early. Waited a good 10 minutes before our server got to the table, but in fairness we did have drinks delivered right from the bar. Placed order, but wine glasses were cleared without inquiring whether or not we'd be ordering any wine. When we did order wine, they were out of our first selection. The real kicker of the poor service was that after waiting a loooonnnng time, our entrees were brought to the table...BEFORE our appetizers were delivered. They were taken a way and apps were served. Our server ultimately comped our appetizers. Given the prices and the competition, not sure we'd rush back.Special Features:
- Steak!ALMBDined on 10/25/2014We were visiting our son for his college's parents weekend, and his one request was that he wanted to have a great steak. Abe and Louie's has a steak for two that we split four ways. Amazing! We had the cauliflower, spinach, and mashed potatoes for sides. Each was delicious. We started our meal with the shrimp cocktail which was one of the best shrimp cocktails I've ever had. We finished up with the bread pudding. The service was exceptional and our meal was prepared perfectly. Our family will definitively return.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentMMMDVIPDined on 10/25/2014Abe & Louie's is one of my favorite Boston restaurants. The food and service are always excellent. It's always the first place I take out of town visitors.Special Features:
- Noise level very highOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014No valet parking , really hard to find parking . The meat is amazing but no kids menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious steaksUmamiFoodLoverDined on 10/24/2014went to celebrate my husband's 31st birthday. The place was very accommodating to our slight tardiness and sat us right away. Crab cocktail was succulent and fresh. House salad was dressed perfectly. Most importantly the bone-in ribeye was cooked rare, as requested and divine. The place was lively and low-key - had a very "boston" feel. Not the uptight, pretentious feel that I was dreading. Highly recommend, I think one of the best steakhouses in the city.Special Features:
- fabulous dining experiencetessatom91Dined on 10/24/2014cozy, beautifully executed food, a real old-fashioned find in the bustle of the Back BaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We visit Boston once a year and always go to Abe and Louie's. The food is fantastic. Service is Always friendly. We went on a Thursday evening and it was much louder than I ever remembered it being. We'll continue to frequent Abe and Louie's on our trips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2finedinersDined on 10/22/2014Special occasion with my son. Delmonico steak flavorful but tough (not tender). Ordered half bottle wine but waitor tried to sell us a more expensive wine. Did not appreciate it. At these prices will not go back!Special Features:
- Most delicious steak everSteakLoversDined on 10/19/2014This was our second time at Abe and Louie's. Once again, I was extremely satisfied. This is our go to spot when we visit the Boston area. At first, my steak was cooked a little too well. I asked for it to be medium well. I sent it back and the chef came back with a new steak cooked just as I wanted it. He also apologized for the mix up. Needless to say, the steak was delicious and so were the potatoes au gratin and asparagus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and great foodNancyNurseDined on 10/19/2014The food was outstanding with service to match. The meal started with delicious cinnamon bread. Decor and wallhanging are interesting and inviting!Special Features:
- sunbrunchdinerfromDined on 10/19/2014Four of us for Brunch which was lovely but - sirloin steak and eggs was NOT good. Steak inferior all the way. For the price, and especially since we were in a well known steak restaurant, we expected much better quality. Other food (eggs Benedict) - fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abe & Louie's delivers again!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We come to Abe & Louie's 2-3 times per year and they have NEVER disappointed. Always a top drawer experience with expert service. This visit was especially good. My wife had the aged NY sirloin - a perfect piece of beef done to perfection. I had one of the specials, which was a thick, perfectly white piece of blackened halibut over lobster risotto - devine!Special Features:
- OutstandingTracyDined on 10/18/2014They were incredibly busy, but were able to keep most people happy. Great food as always. Service was a little slow this time, but again they were very busy.Special Features:
- BrunchCCMKDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed the outdoor seating area for brunch. Price very modest for fabulous meal with very generous portions. Cinnamon rolls are delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Whole staff was rude from hostess to waitress. Food was okay but expected more for the price we paid. Had a reservation for 6 and they tried to sit us at a table for 4. When I asked to move it seemed to put them out.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Wonderful experience for celebrating my birthday. Great service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulaDined on 10/13/2014Great food. Fantastic service. Great location. Couldn't of found a better placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I ate one of the best steak in Abe & Louis. The taste of the food was excellent and its service is very nice. I hope to visit here again if I have another opportunity to go to Boston.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food was outstanding. We had the bone in filet mignon which was recommended by our waiter Tim. We also had the bacon and blue cheese appetizer which was amazing. We would definitely recommend this to anyone going to Boston. It is a little noisy but the food and service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Too slow and too saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014We have enjoyed excellent Sunday "brunches" at this old stand-by. However, this past Sunday, the service seemed slow, especially since it was not as crowded as on prior occasions. More of the problem was the food. My lobster omelette was so salty, I should have sent it back. However, I had waited so long for it, I did not want to wait any longer to eat. My wife was happy with her 3-ways eggs benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014After moving to NYC, I came back home to visit my parents. We went to brunch at Abe and Louie's, one of our old regular places. The food, as always, was delicious and well presented. It's simply great.Special Features:
- Great LocationtraveldinerDined on 10/11/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Boston. Never a bad choice to go here. Only drawback is that the lobster always comes opened up already and therefore is sometimes not as hot as it could be. I prefer to open the lobster myself, I think at least that option should be available, especially at the premium price I would think it would be possible to customize an order in that way. Everything else is amazing though and I always recommend this restaurant to friends that come into town.
- paul1Dined on 10/11/2014Disappointing!! Waitress was unengaged. The assistant waitress was horrible. Person who brought the food said one of the steaks was a Delmonico. No one in our party of 6 ordered a Delmonico. She brought it back to the table she was serving the food from. Looked at it again and said it was a Ribeye. Not really sure what we gotSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, I had requested a table in a remote area that didn't have a lot of foot traffic passing by. They held our reservation for 25 minutes, despite being very busy. Upon arrival we were escorted to our table on the second floor that was perfectly located in the corner overlooking Boylston st. Our waiter was personable, efficient and knowledgeable he went above and beyond by treating us to a complimentary dessert for our special occasion !! A lovely evening with great food, it is pricey but in my opinion worth the money.Special Features:
- 45 Min Wait even WITH RESERVATIONS!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Would've been a perfect dining experience if there had not been a 45-50 minute wait and we had reservations!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Prime rib was not as big as in the past but everything else was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!dineoutDined on 10/11/2014Expensive but, worth every penny for a treat! The steak was amazing and the sides are enough for2 people. Lobster mac and cheese was rich and creamy and heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great grub & servicewoodyolaDined on 10/10/2014booked late with open table and got in although the restaurant was packed! Awesome steak and sides and a really nice vibe and ambience to the place. Would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Boston traditionJasonFDined on 10/10/2014Want a steak? This is the place. Don't bother finding anywhere else to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Everything was great with the exception of the lobster mac & cheese.....very little lobster. The service, ambiance, drinks and steaks/fish were exceptional. Thanks for making the anniversary one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place for Steak in BistonBJRIDined on 10/10/2014If you are looking for a great steak in Boston, Abe & Louie's is the place. Although there are a number of national steak chain restaurants in Boston, Abe & Louie's gives you the same quality with local flair. The menu is very similar to the national chains, but the food is as good if not better. Excellent service. Great atmosphere, centrally located. Reservations are a must.Special Features:
- superb foodeateryDined on 10/9/2014The meals are always excellent. Best steaks well aged and very flavorful. Wait staff attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.