Abe and Louie's Boston
793 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Abe and Louie's Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.abeandlouies.com/
- Phone: 6175366300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tindaro Losurdo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Abe and Louie's Boston
Abe & Louie's represents the ultimate in classic American steakhouses, while still maintaining local charm and appeal. Our philosophy focuses on the finest quality food and service; this emphasis on quality is showcased in our décor and atmosphere. The Abe & Louie's commitment to quality is best represented in our signature prime steaks that are selected from the finest corn-fed, local and Midwestern beef. All the steaks served are aged 6 weeks on the bone to ensure the most flavorful and juicy steaks. Guests will marvel at our menu's emphasis on our fresh seafood and produce. The lump crab cake and swordfish chop are signature dishes, outstanding in their own right, in addition to the exclusive bone-in filet mignon and other fine steaks and chops. Our high-quality cuisine is paired with an award-winning wine list featuring a selection of over 200 wines from the best regions in the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Abe and Louie's Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Abe and Louie's Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
450 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (272)notable wine list (150)fit for foodies (135)romantic (111)great for outdoor dining (104)vibrant bar scene (102)hot spot (99)good for groups (99)neighborhood gem (82)great for lunch (79)great for brunch (52)late-night find (24)scenic view (18)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- KWyntsVIPDined on 9/28/2014The meals never disappoint, and Abe & Louie's has become our family "go to" restaurant for special celebrations. On Sunday night, we celebrated the 21st birthdays of both our son and his girlfriend. When we asked our waiter if we could add a candle to two of the desserts, he immediately asked why we didn't tell him sooner, and then proceeded to treat us with champagne to toast the new adults! Every dish was a delight, from the Caesar salad dressing to the au poivre filet and the cajun blackened swordfish to the vegetable side dishes. Can't wait for my birthday later this fall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, very crowded but funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014our meals were delicious and our service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Constructive FeedbackCaraMiaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Overall, great food and service. The bar can be a bit overwhelming and difficult to order drinks despite a "cocktail server" in that area. Some of the servers, definitely seemed stressed and rushed when the restaurant is so busy. Thank-you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so mealmoz88Dined on 9/27/2014The food was just so so for the price. I think as far as the steakhouses in Boston go this is overrated. The server was attentive but pretty condescending in his attitude.
- Overrated!!ChristopherVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was mediocre for the over priced menu. Ribeye was nothing special and the service was pathetic. One of our guests burned her finger on a skillet that the bread is served in and got no apology from anyone. 2nd degree burns and not even a drink or a sorry. Will NEVER go back and will never recover to any one.
- Great service and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Not cheap - but worth every penny! The menu is solid and creative. The staff is consistently professional, friendly and very well focused. We were so impressed that we went back three times in four days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkHBWINDined on 9/25/2014Our wait staff was wonderful. But one meal was perfect the other was not. We were there late (10pm) they just didn't seem to care that one steak wasn't perfect. All in all it was ok but $$$$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014I have dined at Abe and Louie's many times and this time I was very disappointed. We waited 25 minutes to be seated for our 7:30 pm reservation. Another 10 minutes went by after we were seated to have our water glasses filled, followed by a few more minutes before bread was brought to the table. Our waiter did not appear for another 10 or so minutes. At the point we ordered, missing out on time to enjoy a cocktail. Our wine was brought with our salads. Our meals were fine, but one in our party needed to eat fairly quickly to catch her 9:20 pm train. This was on a Wednesday night, no less!
- Good food, but service only decentBryanDined on 9/24/2014A traveling companion and I were interested in a good steak and Abe and Louie's seemed like a good choice. We went on a Wednesday night, but the restaurant was still fairly busy. Food was very good with the steak done at the appropriate temperature and seasoned well. Service started out good and the waiter seemed attentive, but as the evening progressed and the restaurant filled up he became overcommitted and we found ourselves waiting to order dessert and ultimately get our check. Tables near us also seemed to be doing quite a bit of waiting.Special Features:
- Service variedCarolVIPDined on 9/24/2014The food was good and it was a nice atmosphere. The service started out really great. However, as the restaurant got more busy, service slipped significantly.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I have been trying to find a great steak place. We were hoping that Abe & Louie's would be comparable to Smith & Wollensky in New York (not the one in Boston) because that one was not very good either. The service was not good at all. I was extremely disappointed. The only good thing about the night was my steak. It was actually very good, my husband's steak was not very good at all. Sad for the price you pay.Special Features:
- Excellent service & fantastic foodBcmurphyDined on 9/23/2014Flew in for a client dinner at AL. Arrived an hour and a half early. Was able to sit at the bar and do some work. Bartender couldn't have been more welcoming and professional. Witnessed the staff interacting with other customers including a young man coming back from school. Totally a professional and warm group. Dinner was fantastic. Had oysters and steak oscar. Steak was cooked to perfection. Service was timely without feeling rushed. My colleagues and client were out in time to catch the sox game a mile away at Fenway. Great evening. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting. The locals already know it's a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceFoodiewhocooksDined on 9/22/2014I went there with a friend of mine for lunch. Plain and simple, if you want to enjoy the food, simply ignore the service. The service was terrible, especially for how much we're paying eating there, we'd expect a much more friendly and attentive service. The hostess wasn't welcoming, when we came in, she was talking to her coworker and didn't say anything other than asking my last name and showed us to our table. The waiter also ignored us most of the time. I had to stand up and find my waiter when I wanted something. If he's not there and we asked another waiter, they don't say anything. And no one says "THANK YOU." None. It took a while for the food to get to our table, but the food was good. The service ruined it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/21/2014We had an outstanding time at Abe and Louie's. My wife had lobster and I had the filet, both of which were perfect. The service was attentive. The noise level was very high as the place was packed. If you are looking for a quiet dinner, this would not be the place but otherwise I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abe n louis. first timeTylersReviewDined on 9/20/2014I took my girlfriend, the love of my life to Abe and Louis for a special anniversary. I reserved a table for 830 on a saturday night and im very glad i did, i overheard the wait for a table was at least 2.5 hours! we got to our table with a nice second floor view of Boylston street and began our romantic night out. We started off with drinks we both had Tea as we aren't drinkers, (although they seemed to have an extensive wine selection). The presentation of simply the tea was beautiful and it was complemented wonderfully by their fresh buttery bread. The steaks were unsurpassed and amazing. The service could have been better, but I won't hold it to them, because they were mobbed. Great experience at A&L's. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My carnivorous favorite.DrMMVIPDined on 9/20/2014Prototypical steakhouse with excellent steaks, knowledgeable waitstaff and impeccable service. The baked potato side order is best shared. I didn't care for the cauliflower purée The sorbet desert was shared by four. On my recent visit I discovered the upstairs bar and dining room. A lot quieter with the same food and service.
- luvbstnDined on 9/20/2014Incredible dining experience. The food was delicious and our steaks were cooked perfectly. The servers were very attentive.Special Features:
- Anniversary 22Latenitewiththewife22Dined on 9/19/2014I brought my wife, Claire, for our 22nd anniversary. What a romantic evening and the food was delicious. I am glad we came back, and it certainly won't be our last time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet Oscar!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My first time at Abe & Louis and I was not disappointed. I've been wanting to go for some time and it lived up to my expectations. The Filet Oscar was on special and it was devine! If you like creamed spinach I recommend you add that as a side. The sirloin was another order at our table and it was cooked to perfection as well. Service was wonderful, our reservation was right on time. Couldn't have asked for a better first experience. Will go back again.Special Features:
- A&LPaulVIPDined on 9/16/2014Love this place. My go to when I'm in town. The people, the vide great steak and some wine.Special Features:
- DeliciousBostonEEDined on 9/14/2014I've only been here a few times, but each time has been great. The only reasons I gave 4 stars instead of 5 were: 1)My drink was not made to order and 2) They are not suited to large groups. That said, the service was Excellent, as was the food.Special Features:
- MehKalfireDined on 9/14/2014Considering this is a Boston "institution" we expected more. Service was terrible, between the waiter forgetting what we ordered, then spilling coffee on my friend. Also the food was just so so. We had the crab cake Benedict, and they served it less than 5 minutes after we ordered which can only make you question it's freshness. So overall a blah experience that cost us $70 for a very basic brunch.
- Sadly DisappointedGrams6Dined on 9/13/2014From our non- greeting at the door to our very noisy table near the bar to our requested new table we were very disappointed. Our meat was over cooked - medium instead of medium rare, my filet was tough to cut and chew and the baked potato very undercooked. My husband 's Delmonico steak was tasty but overdone. We did enjoy the scallop appetizer and our waiter was excellent and I am sorry I don't remember his name . We tried this restaurant instead of our "go to" favorite steak house and wine bar and so wished we had stayed with our former tradition. It was our anniversary and I felt like we wasted our time and money trying this restaurant.
- Abe & Louie's Exceeds Expectations!miloVIPDined on 9/13/2014Saturday lunch for a group of six was absolutely divine. Excellent service, outstanding food, lively ambiance...what more could we ask for? I am a tough critic when it comes to my food and drink. A&L won me over with the first sip of their specialty cocktail, the Judy Garland. Clams Casino was ever so slightly over salted, but delicious nonetheless. The Lobster Salad is not to be missed, and the halibut filet was cooked to perfection. Everyone in our party raved about their food, and we were very happy hosts indeed. Will definitely be back next time we travel to Boston!Special Features:
- Great steaksbackbayfoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Probably overall our favorite steak restaurant in Boston. Try the bone-in filet, as good as any steak in town. Very loud, so don't go for a quiet dinner for two, but if you want something which is rocking until late in the evening, it's the place to go. Get reservations or prepare to wait a while.Special Features:
- It was a perfect eveningRomantic2DineDined on 9/12/2014The fiood was great. The waiter was great and and company I was in was perfect! It was the best place for a romantic night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional food and servicemayihavesecondsDined on 9/11/2014The food is amazing. Not a bad thing on the menu and it is always cooked perfectly when we'very gone. It was where we had our first date and love to go back as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyWeberDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful place for a special occasion. The food was wonderful the service was fantastic and the ambience really needed a special evening. It was my daughter's birthday and I believe she'll always remember that special time at Abe and Louie's. We will certainly go back again when another special occasion is upon usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbesfansDined on 9/10/2014My family and I find Abe & Louie's a step above other high end restaurants such as Capital Grill and Mortons as it has a more personal feeling it's not as stuffy and we feel that the food is superior in quality. We rave about it after each time we visit them. Thanks for making us feel so comfortableSpecial Features:
- Twenty fifth anniversary dinnerJustJackDined on 9/9/2014Due to recent surgery, my wife and I decided to postpone our twenty fifth anniversary trip until next spring and decided to celebrate our actual anniversary with dinner at Abe & Louie's. We scheduled the dinner at 6:15, which worked out really well. We had great service, were alone for most of the meal and it was quiet. Both our steaks were cooked to the proper temperature, thave a great wine list and we were easily able to find something in our price range. Our waiter brought us dessert and champagne compliments of Abe & Louie's to celebrate our anniversary. It was a great meal and a great experience. I recommend Abe &Louie's to anyone looking for a great meal at a local Boston steakhouse instead of one of the big chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceTexasDinerDined on 9/8/2014The service is very organized and efficient. The staff definitely take an interest in the customer and have a high level if knowledge of the food and restaurant. Loved the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Boston Institutionleo3Dined on 9/7/2014Boston at its finest, Abe & Louie's stands the test of time in providing choice meals including seafood selections but let's cut to the chase; this establishment is a carnivore's delight. Aged steaks prepared so masterfully they may bring a tear to your eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid entrées, bread not so greatbostonchopsDined on 9/7/2014Party of 3 -- we had the Prime Rib, the Bone-In Aged Prime Ribeye, and the Halibut (non-menu special). All fantastic, but the quality of the bread served before the entrées was really ordinary compared to the wonderful bread served just down the street at the Atlantic Fish Company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDDDVIPDined on 9/7/2014Very good food and service. Very attractive option for brunch.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014always a reliable restaurant. Food & service always exceed my expectations.Special Features:
- Good food. Nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Good food and top shelf waiter. Three of the four entrees were fabulous. The petit filet was not great, although I did not send it back. Our waiter was very attentive and I'm sure would have rectified the situation had I said something. We attempted a drink at the bar when we arrived at the restaurant and were disappointed with the bartender. He was rude and condescending when we asked for a particular Cabernet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good bet but LoudEastWestCoastGirlDined on 9/6/2014We're a table of four on a Saturday night. It was busy busy-busy of course. The food is always consistently great but having to scream your conversation takes a lot away from an evening out. Without much for soft surfaces, the place is extremely loud when its packed. The waiter left me without my glass of wine while the rest of the table sat there with drinks not wanting to be impolite by taking a sip. I had to flag him down and he had attitude when I asked about it. I dig A&L for refreshment after shopping in the area but I would avoid it on the busy weekend nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been betterNewportRegularDined on 9/6/2014Overall experience was fair - 3 out of the 4 steaks that we ordered were served not as we ordered! My son and I both ordered our filets medium - both were served medium rare! My other son ordered his medium well - was served well done! The waiter asked him if he wanted his filet butterflied - That should never be an option! If a restaurant that prides itself on serving top quality steaks can not cook a steak properly - it has no business charging the prices they charge. Our bill came to $450. For that amount of money EVERYTHING should have been cooked to perfection. Very disappointing!Special Features:
- Always great food and ServiceCarlyDined on 9/6/2014Having my wedding reception there so went in to see the Louie Louie room and had some Oysters (Bleu Point). Staff and food always amazing. I go back every chance I get!Special Features:
- My second time.BogiDined on 9/5/2014The Aged Prime Ribey is awesome. I can't have that good beefsteak in Iceland. So I am always looking forward to come here. Thanks.Special Features: