Abe and Louie's Boston
793 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Abe and Louie's Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.abeandlouies.com/
- Phone: 6175366300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tindaro Losurdo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Abe and Louie's Boston
Abe & Louie's represents the ultimate in classic American steakhouses, while still maintaining local charm and appeal. Our philosophy focuses on the finest quality food and service; this emphasis on quality is showcased in our décor and atmosphere. The Abe & Louie's commitment to quality is best represented in our signature prime steaks that are selected from the finest corn-fed, local and Midwestern beef. All the steaks served are aged 6 weeks on the bone to ensure the most flavorful and juicy steaks. Guests will marvel at our menu's emphasis on our fresh seafood and produce. The lump crab cake and swordfish chop are signature dishes, outstanding in their own right, in addition to the exclusive bone-in filet mignon and other fine steaks and chops. Our high-quality cuisine is paired with an award-winning wine list featuring a selection of over 200 wines from the best regions in the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Abe and Louie's Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Abe and Louie's Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
444 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (267)notable wine list (150)fit for foodies (133)romantic (110)great for outdoor dining (102)hot spot (98)vibrant bar scene (97)good for groups (95)neighborhood gem (84)great for lunch (80)great for brunch (51)late-night find (26)scenic view (19)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- My carnivorous favorite.DrMMVIPDined on 9/20/2014Prototypical steakhouse with excellent steaks, knowledgeable waitstaff and impeccable service. The baked potato side order is best shared. I didn't care for the cauliflower purée The sorbet desert was shared by four. On my recent visit I discovered the upstairs bar and dining room. A lot quieter with the same food and service.
- Anniversary 22OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I brought my wife, Claire, for our 22nd anniversary. What a romantic evening and the food was delicious. I am glad we came back, and it certainly won't be our last time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet Oscar!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My first time at Abe & Louis and I was not disappointed. I've been wanting to go for some time and it lived up to my expectations. The Filet Oscar was on special and it was devine! If you like creamed spinach I recommend you add that as a side. The sirloin was another order at our table and it was cooked to perfection as well. Service was wonderful, our reservation was right on time. Couldn't have asked for a better first experience. Will go back again.Special Features:
- A&LPaulVIPDined on 9/16/2014Love this place. My go to when I'm in town. The people, the vide great steak and some wine.Special Features:
- DeliciousBostonEEDined on 9/14/2014I've only been here a few times, but each time has been great. The only reasons I gave 4 stars instead of 5 were: 1)My drink was not made to order and 2) They are not suited to large groups. That said, the service was Excellent, as was the food.Special Features:
- MehKalfireDined on 9/14/2014Considering this is a Boston "institution" we expected more. Service was terrible, between the waiter forgetting what we ordered, then spilling coffee on my friend. Also the food was just so so. We had the crab cake Benedict, and they served it less than 5 minutes after we ordered which can only make you question it's freshness. So overall a blah experience that cost us $70 for a very basic brunch.
- Sadly DisappointedGrams6Dined on 9/13/2014From our non- greeting at the door to our very noisy table near the bar to our requested new table we were very disappointed. Our meat was over cooked - medium instead of medium rare, my filet was tough to cut and chew and the baked potato very undercooked. My husband 's Delmonico steak was tasty but overdone. We did enjoy the scallop appetizer and our waiter was excellent and I am sorry I don't remember his name . We tried this restaurant instead of our "go to" favorite steak house and wine bar and so wished we had stayed with our former tradition. It was our anniversary and I felt like we wasted our time and money trying this restaurant.
- Abe & Louie's Exceeds Expectations!miloVIPDined on 9/13/2014Saturday lunch for a group of six was absolutely divine. Excellent service, outstanding food, lively ambiance...what more could we ask for? I am a tough critic when it comes to my food and drink. A&L won me over with the first sip of their specialty cocktail, the Judy Garland. Clams Casino was ever so slightly over salted, but delicious nonetheless. The Lobster Salad is not to be missed, and the halibut filet was cooked to perfection. Everyone in our party raved about their food, and we were very happy hosts indeed. Will definitely be back next time we travel to Boston!Special Features:
- Great steaksbackbayfoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Probably overall our favorite steak restaurant in Boston. Try the bone-in filet, as good as any steak in town. Very loud, so don't go for a quiet dinner for two, but if you want something which is rocking until late in the evening, it's the place to go. Get reservations or prepare to wait a while.Special Features:
- It was a perfect eveningRomantic2DineDined on 9/12/2014The fiood was great. The waiter was great and and company I was in was perfect! It was the best place for a romantic night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional food and servicemayihavesecondsDined on 9/11/2014The food is amazing. Not a bad thing on the menu and it is always cooked perfectly when we'very gone. It was where we had our first date and love to go back as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyWeberDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful place for a special occasion. The food was wonderful the service was fantastic and the ambience really needed a special evening. It was my daughter's birthday and I believe she'll always remember that special time at Abe and Louie's. We will certainly go back again when another special occasion is upon usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbesfansDined on 9/10/2014My family and I find Abe & Louie's a step above other high end restaurants such as Capital Grill and Mortons as it has a more personal feeling it's not as stuffy and we feel that the food is superior in quality. We rave about it after each time we visit them. Thanks for making us feel so comfortableSpecial Features:
- Twenty fifth anniversary dinnerJustJackDined on 9/9/2014Due to recent surgery, my wife and I decided to postpone our twenty fifth anniversary trip until next spring and decided to celebrate our actual anniversary with dinner at Abe & Louie's. We scheduled the dinner at 6:15, which worked out really well. We had great service, were alone for most of the meal and it was quiet. Both our steaks were cooked to the proper temperature, thave a great wine list and we were easily able to find something in our price range. Our waiter brought us dessert and champagne compliments of Abe & Louie's to celebrate our anniversary. It was a great meal and a great experience. I recommend Abe &Louie's to anyone looking for a great meal at a local Boston steakhouse instead of one of the big chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceTexasDinerDined on 9/8/2014The service is very organized and efficient. The staff definitely take an interest in the customer and have a high level if knowledge of the food and restaurant. Loved the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Boston Institutionleo3Dined on 9/7/2014Boston at its finest, Abe & Louie's stands the test of time in providing choice meals including seafood selections but let's cut to the chase; this establishment is a carnivore's delight. Aged steaks prepared so masterfully they may bring a tear to your eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid entrées, bread not so greatbostonchopsDined on 9/7/2014Party of 3 -- we had the Prime Rib, the Bone-In Aged Prime Ribeye, and the Halibut (non-menu special). All fantastic, but the quality of the bread served before the entrées was really ordinary compared to the wonderful bread served just down the street at the Atlantic Fish Company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDDDVIPDined on 9/7/2014Very good food and service. Very attractive option for brunch.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014always a reliable restaurant. Food & service always exceed my expectations.Special Features:
- Good food. Nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Good food and top shelf waiter. Three of the four entrees were fabulous. The petit filet was not great, although I did not send it back. Our waiter was very attentive and I'm sure would have rectified the situation had I said something. We attempted a drink at the bar when we arrived at the restaurant and were disappointed with the bartender. He was rude and condescending when we asked for a particular Cabernet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good bet but LoudEastWestCoastGirlDined on 9/6/2014We're a table of four on a Saturday night. It was busy busy-busy of course. The food is always consistently great but having to scream your conversation takes a lot away from an evening out. Without much for soft surfaces, the place is extremely loud when its packed. The waiter left me without my glass of wine while the rest of the table sat there with drinks not wanting to be impolite by taking a sip. I had to flag him down and he had attitude when I asked about it. I dig A&L for refreshment after shopping in the area but I would avoid it on the busy weekend nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been betterNewportRegularDined on 9/6/2014Overall experience was fair - 3 out of the 4 steaks that we ordered were served not as we ordered! My son and I both ordered our filets medium - both were served medium rare! My other son ordered his medium well - was served well done! The waiter asked him if he wanted his filet butterflied - That should never be an option! If a restaurant that prides itself on serving top quality steaks can not cook a steak properly - it has no business charging the prices they charge. Our bill came to $450. For that amount of money EVERYTHING should have been cooked to perfection. Very disappointing!Special Features:
- Always great food and ServiceCarlyDined on 9/6/2014Having my wedding reception there so went in to see the Louie Louie room and had some Oysters (Bleu Point). Staff and food always amazing. I go back every chance I get!Special Features:
- My second time.BogiDined on 9/5/2014The Aged Prime Ribey is awesome. I can't have that good beefsteak in Iceland. So I am always looking forward to come here. Thanks.Special Features:
- Always goodDiningExpertDined on 9/5/2014My experiences, 11-13 times a year, at Abe and Louie's is always GOOD! Good to great service all the time, great steaks, good mix to decide if you want to sit outside or in dining room or at bar. Good stuff all the time!Special Features:
- Great steaksLovetoeatVIPDined on 9/4/2014Started off with a great martini with stuffed blue cheese olives. Paul was our waiter and was friendly and very thorough. New England clam chowder was excellent and the Caesar salad was very good. We ordered the filet mignon and the prime rib. When they came out both were undercooked. I was worried because usually its never good after they come back out. Well this time the food came back and was terrific. They also bought desert for us which was quite nice. The manager stopped by and was really sociable and caring. A+ will come backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantHealthyMomDined on 9/3/2014We had a wonderful dinner here. The rolls come out in a cast iron skillet and are piping hot. The steaks are great and the sides are amazing and big enough for sharing. We had a salad with goat cheese and dried cherries which was wonderful. They have tables outside if you want and the tables upstairs are more private. Great place for a special dinner.Special Features:
- Great food, good service, all good!HurstdocVIPDined on 8/31/2014From the minute you are greeted you know that you have found a restaurant that takes care of its customers. The martinis were perfect and generous. The hot and salty rolls are outstanding. The service was genial and lovely and all of the food was very good. The sweet potato fries are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my 6th visitSteveDined on 8/31/2014to A and L. I had never been disappointed and maybe that's the problem. Standards were always so high when they weren't met, it was a bit disappointing. The biggest let down was the steak. It was good but not off the charts. Frankly, I had a steak last week at Bone Fish that was better. Service was good if a bit mechanical. I bought the house label wine pinot and it was ok. Settle for two glasses of Caymus and you'll save money and get a great wine. The place was lively. We were seated quickly. All in all, the experience was good just not great. However, I'll be back.Special Features:
- JSullVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great dining experience was had by all. Things have improved since last couple of visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keep the babies at homeeatoutalotVIPDined on 8/30/2014except for the fact that the hostess wanted to seat us next to a table with a stroller and a very noisy toddler, once we were seated at a better location, our meal was very good. We sat upstairs, which was incredible they made these people drag the stroller up the steps. Unfortunately we were still within ear shot, as were everyone else on the floor. It was very annoying, and yes I have kids. I just never inconvenienced an entire dining room with them. Either leave them home, go earlier, or take them outside when they are screaming. It's not CUTE ! Yes I would come back to this restaurant. However, you may want to think about an age policy for kids. A lot of nice restaurants restrict kids under 6 after 6pm.
- Overpriced unremarkable foodChristineDined on 8/30/2014We have dined at this restaurant 3 times. The first time was 4 years ago and we were pleased with our meals and service. The last two were very average. We were a party of 5 and 4 respectively. The restaurant is incredibly loud making it almost impossible to carry on a conversation. The ceasar salad was bland and risotto overcooked. Steaks were fine and the chicken was good. The wine list is average but the pricing rivals The Spanish Bay Inn, CA. That would be fine if the wines justified the high price.Special Features:
- Perfect nightJMCBostonDined on 8/30/2014We had a delicious meal at Abe and Louie's. It was a great way to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. It is pricey but perfect for a special occasion, and in this case, you get what you pay for. Service is impeccable and our food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staffLucky1313Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I hadn't been out for a date night in a long time so I made reservations for 9pm. We got lucky and got a seat at the bar where two of the best bartenders I've come across in a long time friendly Dillon and Sean. We actually canceled our 9pm and stayed at the bar and had a great dinner and drinks per there suggestions. The night couldn't of been any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind of a "churn nand burn"OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by some friends and we make reservations there while in Boston for our 10 year anniversary. We felt that it was a place for tourists and the goal was to get you in and out. Needless to say we were disappointed in the food......way too many people and not that service we expected for the price. I feel like Capitol Grille or Ruth Chris has better service!Special Features:
- Wonderful steakhouse!TastySunshineDined on 8/29/2014Great service, amazing steakhouse, and large side order portions. This place was a great recommendation from a friend and I am so glad we tried it. I highly recommend the bone-in Filet Mignon, the spinach and mushroom side, and the butterscotch bread pudding for dessert. But everything was amazing and well worth the price. They also have great cocktails and I heard women in the washroom raving about the oysters too.Special Features:
- Not so good restaurant week lunchYoungjiDined on 8/29/2014Everything that they sell as regulat menu seemed really delicious. However, restaurant menu was a little week ; small portion of entree. I would go back to try the lobster sandwich tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE Place to go on Boylston StreetNewatBUDined on 8/28/2014The best wine list dollar for dollar in that part of Boston! The carpaccio is not as described on the menu, it is a meal in itself, and finely prepared. Probably the best I have ever had; crab cake was not far behind. Portions are generous, so one needs not to over order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014If you're looking for a five-star experience, this is it! Abe and Louie's made an exquisite sirloin steak and backed it up with great sides and phenomenal service. I really appreciate that the waiter went out of his way to accommodate the allergies of two people in our party. This was the best steak I've had in Boston so far!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Wonderful steakhouse. One of, if not the best, in Boston.Special Features: