Abe and Louie's Boston
793 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Abe and Louie's Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.abeandlouies.com/
- Phone: 6175366300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tindaro Losurdo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Abe and Louie's Boston
Abe & Louie's represents the ultimate in classic American steakhouses, while still maintaining local charm and appeal. Our philosophy focuses on the finest quality food and service; this emphasis on quality is showcased in our décor and atmosphere. The Abe & Louie's commitment to quality is best represented in our signature prime steaks that are selected from the finest corn-fed, local and Midwestern beef. All the steaks served are aged 6 weeks on the bone to ensure the most flavorful and juicy steaks. Guests will marvel at our menu's emphasis on our fresh seafood and produce. The lump crab cake and swordfish chop are signature dishes, outstanding in their own right, in addition to the exclusive bone-in filet mignon and other fine steaks and chops. Our high-quality cuisine is paired with an award-winning wine list featuring a selection of over 200 wines from the best regions in the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Abe and Louie's Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Abe and Louie's Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
394 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (244)notable wine list (142)fit for foodies (113)romantic (100)great for outdoor dining (92)good for groups (88)vibrant bar scene (86)hot spot (81)great for lunch (72)neighborhood gem (71)great for brunch (52)late-night find (20)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The waitress was the rudest person I've ever met. The absolute most unpleasant person one ever met and their food is highly overrated and very plain.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014This is not chris writing this. I was taken here for a special occasion. I was impressed with the décor.We ordered lobster savannah it was awesome.The stuffed mushrooms with crabmeat were very fishy.my sons steak was perfect.Mine came med rare I orderd medium.the fish dish on lemon risotto was COLD.Had to send back to be heated and steak to recook. The potatoe dish was just okay.The waiter Chris did everything he could to make things right.all kitchens have an off night..This was one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No restaurant week on WeekendsJacMKDined on 8/17/2014We signed up for restaurant week - Sunday 1:30pm, but they do not have the restaurant week menu on the weekends. This was never made clear to us. Probably won't go back bevause of how poorly the situation was handled at the restaurant by our server.
- Extra specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Staff was great, start to finish. It was a week before out wedding and all we wanted was a nice night out. And we loved, especially the the little extra at the end of the night. A very awesome dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014As great as ever, when we celebrate, we do it at Abe's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchtime TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/14/2014Before my youngest and I attended a Red Sox game, he had wanted to eat "somewhere fancy". Arrived more than 10 minutes early for reservation, but it was not busy and we were promptly seated. Mauricio, our server, was a bit coy to start, but provided excellent service and attention. Prices are up there, but food was very well prepared and presented. 1/2 Caesar Salad (Mauricio suggested the half) was good size and one of the best I have ever eaten. Chowder Bowl was very good, and youngest said the French Onion Cup was tasty. We both had Lobster Mac & Cheese. Portion was adequate sized, but could have had a few more Lobster chunks for the $25 price tag. Beer (Sam Seasonal) was reasonably priced ($6) as was the Lemonade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood AND Steak:-)ChicagoGirlDined on 8/12/2014Didn't expect to have such an awesome steak at what I thought was going to be a predominately seafood establishment, but it was so tender and tasty. Several other groups at our conference recommended Abe and Louie's and our group also had a wonderful experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming StaffEricGsuburbDined on 8/11/2014Abe and Louie's staff was plentiful and welcoming...professional yet friendly. The food was tremendous. I felt comfortable. High end restaurants can often have an aura of arrogance but every level of service here felt genuine and relaxed. The valet, maitre d', the bartenders, bus and waitstaff were all kind and efficient. For a 6pm reservation, on a night the Red Sox were out of town, traffic was light and valet made the process stress-free. I will come again.Special Features:
- BillDined on 8/10/2014Expensive but great food and service. A place to go for a special occasion or to impress a client.Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful!beefloversreviewDined on 8/9/2014Excellent first time visit. The service was outstanding. We sat outside on a perfect August night and enjoyed great food and wine. Inside atmosphere was loud and busy; typical for a Saturday night. But we found exactly what we were looking for sitting outside enjoying Boston dining at its best! Thanks Abe & Louie"s!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningdinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014I chose Abe and Louie's based on previous posts on Open Table and it's nearness to my hotel. The decision was a good one. A colleague and I arrived early for our reservation but were quickly seated with no fuss. Our waiter was very attentive. We chose to share a large porterhouse, and each of us feel it was one of the best steaks we've ever tasted. The sides were just as tasty, and the evening was highly enjoyable. I'll be going there next time I'm in Beantown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Celebration DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014I booked the event via open table and requested a window seat and mentioned we were celebrating an anniversary. When we arrived, they placed us on the 2nd floor next to the window, and gave us a complimentary dessert for our celebration! It was a nice surprise. The waiter was great, fun and funny and made the dining experience very enjoyable. The food was very good too, we ordered the crab cocktail for an appetizer then the Boca chopped salad. Both were good portions and delicious. Our steaks for dinner had a very good crust, the one mishap was they were slightly overcooked (I asked for medium and it was definitely medium-well). However, it was still juicy so I did not care. Great experience!Special Features:
- Another Enjoyable VisitOpenTableDinerDined on 8/9/2014Boston has many great restaurants, mostly Seafood and Italian. Unfortunately their Steakhouses just don't seem to measure up. With that being said, Abe and Louie's has the best steaks around. Treat yourself if you're in the mood for a very good steak and don't mind paying top dollar for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceKimmielouDined on 8/8/2014I have never had anything but great food and great service at Abe & Louie's and this last visit was no exception. The seafood tower is to die for and the steaks melt in your mouth! The service is consistently top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak or notPugsDined on 8/6/2014The food is excellent , the service is good, the noise level high. It was a Wednesday night and the restaurant was packed- a testament to food and service. I don't eat steak but the chicken was first class as were the accompaiment pomme purée . my friend had the bone in robe eyes , large but good. If you want a romantic dinner maybe they can sit you out of the main dining room. Both me and my dining companion were happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Steak placeJRH3Dined on 8/6/2014We had a work meeting/lunch for 3 of us and dined at Abe & Louie's. It was my first time dining there. The dining area is very dark and surrounded by wood, typical of some older steakhouses. Service was fine, the waiter wasn't overly charismatic. One of my colleagues asked for the gluten free menu, and they didn't have one. The waiter said just order something and he'll tell us if it's gluten free. But they cleared plates and refilled drinks pretty fast. I ordered the filet with some mashed potato. Steak was overcooked, which I thought was strange for an upscale steakhouse. Potato was fine. Not sure I would go back there, with all the other steakhouses around there are plenty of choices with a bit more modern flair.Special Features:
- ExcellentRickDined on 8/5/2014great food & manly goodness. Steaks were superb and generous portionsSpecial Features:
- Great eveningBobby1966Dined on 8/5/2014This is our Best Restaurant in Boston,WE Go 12 Times and is superSpecial Features:
- SteakmanDined on 8/4/2014Really great meal and superior service! The bone-in filet is to die for! Don't miss this Boston treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JK1955Dined on 8/3/2014Great spot for entertaining clients before a Red Sox game.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Everything was excellent. Derrick Jeter was dining there when we arrived.Special Features:
- Dining at it's finestMikieDDined on 8/2/2014Starting with the friendly hosting staff, then to the expert server staff, an excellent evening of dining. Superb wine list to compliment the phenomenal 24oz Bone in Ribeye steak, my favorite choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverDurhamDinersDined on 8/2/2014Fantastic meal, steak was cooked to perfection. Little bit pricey but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as usualtxilibrinDined on 8/2/2014I really like this restaurant, and usually order eggs benedict. The other day, they weren't as good as usual. Bread was burnt, eggs were super small, and the hollandaise... And it was super noisy, which usually isn't... Everyone has a bad day :)Special Features:
- Great foodMaceDined on 8/1/2014Everything we had was good from the warm bread to the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJohnkwparadiseVIPDined on 8/1/2014Went for dinner and felt rushed. Food was average and service became slow as resturant filledSpecial Features:
- My Favorite SteakhousejboaDined on 8/1/2014I love the warm atmosphere. There steak is always cooked as requested and you can taste the dry age difference. They restraunt was also very family friendly, allowing us to order half sized side courses for our kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SumptuousS6FezDined on 7/31/2014Over from London booked via Opentable, seated straight away, lovely setting very attentive staff food from starter to desert was fabulous great choice of venue perfectSpecial Features:
- An "in" spot, pricey - and worth itCrossenDined on 7/31/2014For us out-of-towners, this busy-Boylston-Street watering hole is an old friend, great for a lunchtime or dinner rendezvous with Boston-area friends and relations. It's probably a bit too popular among the Back Bay smart set, which can result in some other-than-perfectly-gracious treatment by the greet-and-seaters up front. Example: Two of our party of four arrived 25 minutes ahead of reservation time and had to struggle a bit to be seated for our wait, rather than wait in the bar. Had our table been occupied, OK, but it wasn't, and (because our reservation was for quite an early dinner hour) there were many other vacant tables in the dining room. A nit, perhaps, as the rest of our experience was excellent, as it almost always is here.Special Features:
- Very disappointedLuLu1939Dined on 7/31/2014the staff is professional but certainly not engaging in a "fun" way. the drinks were tasteless….The steak was too tough for even a lion to tear through it! the oysters were fine…I asked for a lobster and wanted it undercooked…tough and tasteless and I think it was cooked in the morning…it was cold. the baked potato was hard and cold, not fluffy and warm with the butter and sour cream oozing out…it was not even melting. the dessert was way tooooo big but was the tastiest part of the meal. the three of us agreed that we would never return…there are way too many great restaurants in Boston that deserve our $$$
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Disappointed with prime rib. Not as tender as I had hoped. You need to get the onion rings back on the menu!!!! WE asked to have the shallots fried- they were delicious.
- Terrific bar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/30/2014Service is exceptional. Food very good. Have never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014My daughter (File Mignon) and me (Ribeye) just both had the best steaks of our lives at Abe&Louis's. They were really incredible and exceeded our high expectations by far.Special Features:
- Waiter did a magic trick all nightAbe7282014Dined on 7/28/2014The waiter was never around and the service was very slow.Special Features:
- Service was terrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/27/2014We booked for dinner for a groupe of 6. Three of the group had never been. We wanted to enjoy a memorable dinner. The food was as usual but the service and the sommelier did a very poor job in serving us. The service was expeditive and the wine service was not to par. We ordered 2 different wines. No one came to refill empty glasses and the food was on the table!!!!!! and when it was time to go on with the second wine with the main dish they poured into the first wine!!!!! The sommelier was never around to do his job!!! We will not return that is for sure!!!
- BobandcompanyloveditDined on 7/27/2014We brought some friends out to eat for our anniversaries. The food and experience was enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!CarnivorousDined on 7/27/2014Excellent Steaks, sides and appetizers. All delicious, high quality and done to perfection. Our waiter, Sam, and the rest of the staff were very nice, attentive without being intrusive. It was our second visit, since we live out of town, but it will be a definite stop whenever we visit Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted a great steak 👎JammypieDined on 7/26/2014We heard that Abe's was the best steak ever, but we have been to the best already, Peter Luger, so we had hoped for at least a similar experience. Our waiter sort of pushed the Wagyu Kansas City Strip, also a diner next to us ordered the same and raved over it. Ours was full of gristle and the steak knife would not cut through without several passes. This was a 40th anniversary celebration and we were having a nice time, I didn't want to spoil the vibe with complaints and discord. However, our waiter never once asked us how it was, if we enjoyed it. We were presented at the end with an anniversary slice of decadent chocolate cake and ice cream with a candle. That was nice, but didn't really make up for the bad steak. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Delicious foodfoodforthoughtDined on 7/25/2014Great food and wonderful attention to service. We all had a terrific time and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Better than sister restaurant?FatcattnDined on 7/22/2014The Hubs says A&L's is better than its sister restaurant, "Atlantic Fish Co.". I'd say they are equally good in their respective menus. Our servers at both places were outstanding. I wish I could remember our servers name because he was fantastic. Fun, witty and right on point. Service is what makes a good restaurant great and our guy fit the bill. The Hubs had a steak. It was like butter. I had shrimp & scallops with basmati rice. If I could prepare rice like that, I'd eat it daily. Never knew rice could be that perfectly prepared and flavorful. Seriously good. It was my birthday so they treated me to a slice of chocolate layer cake with what tasted like house made ice cream, complete with candle. A great dining experience.Special Features: