Abe and Louie's Boston
793 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Abe and Louie's Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.abeandlouies.com/
- Phone: 6175366300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tindaro Losurdo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Abe and Louie's Boston
Abe & Louie's represents the ultimate in classic American steakhouses, while still maintaining local charm and appeal. Our philosophy focuses on the finest quality food and service; this emphasis on quality is showcased in our décor and atmosphere. The Abe & Louie's commitment to quality is best represented in our signature prime steaks that are selected from the finest corn-fed, local and Midwestern beef. All the steaks served are aged 6 weeks on the bone to ensure the most flavorful and juicy steaks. Guests will marvel at our menu's emphasis on our fresh seafood and produce. The lump crab cake and swordfish chop are signature dishes, outstanding in their own right, in addition to the exclusive bone-in filet mignon and other fine steaks and chops. Our high-quality cuisine is paired with an award-winning wine list featuring a selection of over 200 wines from the best regions in the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Abe and Louie's Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Abe and Louie's Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
404 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (252)notable wine list (147)fit for foodies (113)romantic (102)great for outdoor dining (95)vibrant bar scene (88)good for groups (87)hot spot (85)great for lunch (72)neighborhood gem (72)great for brunch (48)late-night find (22)scenic view (18)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- under deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014Outstanding spot, great outdoor seating. Wonderful helpful hosts, impressive menu, nice indoor decor. From there, everything else was average to slightly over priced based solely upon the food and table service. The waiter team went missing from time to time and of course always when we want to request something. Compared to other high end steak houses, Abe and Louies didn't compare. I found my RibEye to be thin and gristly. They said it was prime, I beg to differ. We sat in a round both and needed a place to lay our jackets as the staff never offered to check them for us. The ledge behind the booth was covered in dust so placing our coats in our laps was the next best option. Been there, done that, sorry - not coming back.Special Features:
- Sunday fundayfinnDined on 8/24/2014Had a wonderful brunch that led into dinner. Service was attentive and food especially the crab cakes, lump crab and my favorite Abe & Louie's salad were delicious. Grilled salmon and sweet potato are amazing. My friends who had the steaks and burgers were prepared to the exact requested temperature. Sonny and Nick are the incredible bartenders and made us feel like VIPs.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Abe and Louie's has great food and an excellent wine list. Make reservations and come hungry.Special Features:
- not the bestlcmilanDined on 8/23/2014After all the hype and after watching all the serving carts roll by with great-looking steaks on them as we waited for our table (seated at 9 for our 8:30 reservation) we were let down by the actual meals. My husband's bone-in filet was overdone, which for him is difficult to do, and my ribeye was great on flavor but very heavy on fat. My kids' prime rib was the best - a huge portion shared between two and perfectly cooked. We ordered brussels sprouts, sweet potato fries and sauted spinach as sides; the first two were great, but the spinach was so salty it was inedible and we sent it back. Overall a spotty performance - when paying those prices I expect more. Service was good, also at the bar, but the food could have been better.Special Features:
- never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Abe and Louie's delivers fine dining, and exceptional service. It is consistent and will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Great Food, Horrible ServiceJosephVIPDined on 8/23/2014Go for the bone in filet, but you get better service at the RegistrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scott mccoyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was good except I felt rushed , and it was not just a regular night out it was a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Second time we dine here, lunch, was excellent, dinner... Good overall. The food, although decent is no worth the price, $40 for 4 shrimp a 4 scallops and salty risotto. Steakes were prepared correctly, slapped on a dish, bland presentation at almost $50... Dinner for 3, one drink, no dessert, $250, a bit steep.
- Great food in nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Came here with my husband because a friend gave us a gift card as a wedding gift (great idea!). We felt a little cramped in our small table upstairs but not uncomfortably so. Food was amazing. Wagyu steak was to die for and recommend you splurge on the lobster mac n cheese side--so much lobster! Service was a little slow/disinterested, but it was a very busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDLadyDined on 8/22/2014My daughter & I were looking forward to having lunch there during restaurant week. ..Very disappointing.Ordered from the pre fix menu.Ordered the filet medium and received rare..Only about five sliced of meat with a plate of tomatoes..Not a good value at all.. Felt very rushed..A eighty dollar lunch for two for what we had was ridiculous..Perhaps another restaurant living on it's reputation.
- Another wonderful evening.CapeloveDined on 8/21/2014Another wonderful meal at Abe and Louie's. It has become our go to spot to celebrate special occasions and they never let us down. The wait staff are warm and very attentive. They always make note of whatever the occasion is and make everyone feel very special.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014husband had Delmonico steak - absolutely delicious, I had petite filet mignon - was o.k. potatoes delicious. spinach very plain - not worth it. rolls - very good but a little too salty for me. cauliflower steak - delicious. A&L salad delicious. chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert - delicious.Special Features:
- Great Boston ResautantDonoharm1Dined on 8/21/2014Food and service were excellent. Delightful mean before the ball game.Special Features:
- Lacking....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Service was good but good was poor. We went during Restaurant week. The lettuce on the Ceasar salad was browning and dressed too heavily. The sole was full of bones. My friend almost choked on them. The filet was tender but lacked flavour. The chicken was dry. The creme brûlée was mealy, cold and the sugar on top was not crisp. Not a good start if they are looking to get us back to the restaurant . A huge disappointment .
- Primo dining on Boylston StreetDonaldDined on 8/20/2014We have eaten at Abe and Louie's a number of times and never leave unhappy. The steaks are delicious as is everything else on the menu. We were there for lunch and I decided on a hamburger. Mouth watering delicious on a plate loaded with lip smacking French fries. Abe and Louie's is a must go to restaurant when in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Bottle of wine (amazing) great steak! Tuna tartrate and salad was good. Bread was BOMB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedLuxuryEatingDined on 8/19/2014The waitress was the rudest person I've ever met. The absolute most unpleasant person one ever met and their food is highly overrated and very plain.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014This is not chris writing this. I was taken here for a special occasion. I was impressed with the décor.We ordered lobster savannah it was awesome.The stuffed mushrooms with crabmeat were very fishy.my sons steak was perfect.Mine came med rare I orderd medium.the fish dish on lemon risotto was COLD.Had to send back to be heated and steak to recook. The potatoe dish was just okay.The waiter Chris did everything he could to make things right.all kitchens have an off night..This was one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No restaurant week on WeekendsJacMKDined on 8/17/2014We signed up for restaurant week - Sunday 1:30pm, but they do not have the restaurant week menu on the weekends. This was never made clear to us. Probably won't go back bevause of how poorly the situation was handled at the restaurant by our server.
- Extra specialCopeyDined on 8/16/2014Staff was great, start to finish. It was a week before out wedding and all we wanted was a nice night out. And we loved, especially the the little extra at the end of the night. A very awesome dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014As great as ever, when we celebrate, we do it at Abe's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchtime TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/14/2014Before my youngest and I attended a Red Sox game, he had wanted to eat "somewhere fancy". Arrived more than 10 minutes early for reservation, but it was not busy and we were promptly seated. Mauricio, our server, was a bit coy to start, but provided excellent service and attention. Prices are up there, but food was very well prepared and presented. 1/2 Caesar Salad (Mauricio suggested the half) was good size and one of the best I have ever eaten. Chowder Bowl was very good, and youngest said the French Onion Cup was tasty. We both had Lobster Mac & Cheese. Portion was adequate sized, but could have had a few more Lobster chunks for the $25 price tag. Beer (Sam Seasonal) was reasonably priced ($6) as was the Lemonade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood AND Steak:-)ChicagoGirlDined on 8/12/2014Didn't expect to have such an awesome steak at what I thought was going to be a predominately seafood establishment, but it was so tender and tasty. Several other groups at our conference recommended Abe and Louie's and our group also had a wonderful experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming StaffEricGsuburbDined on 8/11/2014Abe and Louie's staff was plentiful and welcoming...professional yet friendly. The food was tremendous. I felt comfortable. High end restaurants can often have an aura of arrogance but every level of service here felt genuine and relaxed. The valet, maitre d', the bartenders, bus and waitstaff were all kind and efficient. For a 6pm reservation, on a night the Red Sox were out of town, traffic was light and valet made the process stress-free. I will come again.Special Features:
- BillDined on 8/10/2014Expensive but great food and service. A place to go for a special occasion or to impress a client.Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful!beefloversreviewDined on 8/9/2014Excellent first time visit. The service was outstanding. We sat outside on a perfect August night and enjoyed great food and wine. Inside atmosphere was loud and busy; typical for a Saturday night. But we found exactly what we were looking for sitting outside enjoying Boston dining at its best! Thanks Abe & Louie"s!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningdinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014I chose Abe and Louie's based on previous posts on Open Table and it's nearness to my hotel. The decision was a good one. A colleague and I arrived early for our reservation but were quickly seated with no fuss. Our waiter was very attentive. We chose to share a large porterhouse, and each of us feel it was one of the best steaks we've ever tasted. The sides were just as tasty, and the evening was highly enjoyable. I'll be going there next time I'm in Beantown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Celebration DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014I booked the event via open table and requested a window seat and mentioned we were celebrating an anniversary. When we arrived, they placed us on the 2nd floor next to the window, and gave us a complimentary dessert for our celebration! It was a nice surprise. The waiter was great, fun and funny and made the dining experience very enjoyable. The food was very good too, we ordered the crab cocktail for an appetizer then the Boca chopped salad. Both were good portions and delicious. Our steaks for dinner had a very good crust, the one mishap was they were slightly overcooked (I asked for medium and it was definitely medium-well). However, it was still juicy so I did not care. Great experience!Special Features:
- Another Enjoyable VisitOpenTableDinerDined on 8/9/2014Boston has many great restaurants, mostly Seafood and Italian. Unfortunately their Steakhouses just don't seem to measure up. With that being said, Abe and Louie's has the best steaks around. Treat yourself if you're in the mood for a very good steak and don't mind paying top dollar for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceKimmielouDined on 8/8/2014I have never had anything but great food and great service at Abe & Louie's and this last visit was no exception. The seafood tower is to die for and the steaks melt in your mouth! The service is consistently top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak or notPugsDined on 8/6/2014The food is excellent , the service is good, the noise level high. It was a Wednesday night and the restaurant was packed- a testament to food and service. I don't eat steak but the chicken was first class as were the accompaiment pomme purée . my friend had the bone in robe eyes , large but good. If you want a romantic dinner maybe they can sit you out of the main dining room. Both me and my dining companion were happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Steak placeJRH3Dined on 8/6/2014We had a work meeting/lunch for 3 of us and dined at Abe & Louie's. It was my first time dining there. The dining area is very dark and surrounded by wood, typical of some older steakhouses. Service was fine, the waiter wasn't overly charismatic. One of my colleagues asked for the gluten free menu, and they didn't have one. The waiter said just order something and he'll tell us if it's gluten free. But they cleared plates and refilled drinks pretty fast. I ordered the filet with some mashed potato. Steak was overcooked, which I thought was strange for an upscale steakhouse. Potato was fine. Not sure I would go back there, with all the other steakhouses around there are plenty of choices with a bit more modern flair.Special Features:
- ExcellentRickDined on 8/5/2014great food & manly goodness. Steaks were superb and generous portionsSpecial Features:
- Great eveningBobby1966Dined on 8/5/2014This is our Best Restaurant in Boston,WE Go 12 Times and is superSpecial Features:
- SteakmanDined on 8/4/2014Really great meal and superior service! The bone-in filet is to die for! Don't miss this Boston treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JK1955Dined on 8/3/2014Great spot for entertaining clients before a Red Sox game.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Everything was excellent. Derrick Jeter was dining there when we arrived.Special Features:
- Dining at it's finestMikieDDined on 8/2/2014Starting with the friendly hosting staff, then to the expert server staff, an excellent evening of dining. Superb wine list to compliment the phenomenal 24oz Bone in Ribeye steak, my favorite choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverDurhamDinersDined on 8/2/2014Fantastic meal, steak was cooked to perfection. Little bit pricey but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as usualtxilibrinDined on 8/2/2014I really like this restaurant, and usually order eggs benedict. The other day, they weren't as good as usual. Bread was burnt, eggs were super small, and the hollandaise... And it was super noisy, which usually isn't... Everyone has a bad day :)Special Features: