ABC Seafood - Milpitas
768 Barber Lane
Milpitas, CA 95035Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
ABC Seafood - Milpitas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.abcseafoodrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4084358888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: ABC Seafood Restaurant in Milpitas serves contemporary Cantonese cuisine. With modern settings and room divides ranging from intimate private rooms to large banquet rooms, ABC Seafood Restaurant is the perfect place to host any type of gatherings and functions.
- Private Party Contact: Christine 8779252212
- Special Events: wine dinner event for next week!"Under the Tuscan Sun" Monday, March 9&10 2009 A five-course dinner with wine pairings $60.00 per person ... http://www.terramiaristorante.com/ItalianWineDinnerSerie
A word from ABC Seafood - Milpitas
ABC Seafood Restaurant offers an incredibly diverse menu that appeals not only to those looking for a traditional Chinese meal but also to the most ardent seafood enthusiast. Boasting a wine list comparable to the most elite establishments, we strive to provide the complete dining experience. A VIP and banquet room are both available to rent out for large banquets or smaller intimate parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ABC Seafood - Milpitas reviews from OpenTable diners
- Service Could Have Been BetterAnonDined on 11/29/2013We arrive on the Friday after Thanksgiving and this restaurant was busy but not full. Our dim sum orders came quick but be careful when ordering from the regular menu. Our fried rice was late in arriving and our order for the Rice Noodle in XO Sauce never came at all. We were all done with our meal and was ready for the check. The waiter assigned to our groups of table was NOT attentive at all. I had to hail down others to follow up on the fried rice for the kids and to cancel the other order. I usually have good service here but service was just terrible this go around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's fine.TerucchiDined on 11/26/2013I've been a customer now & then for over a decade. It's always fine. I mean, not great, but not bad, either. I think this place is known for Dim sum and parties. Having said that, I'm sure the chef is good. But the service could be hit or miss, better than average Chinese restaurants though. Recommended for anyone, but just be prepared to look for parking at the peak of lunch or weekend dinner; it could be tricky.Special Features:
- A great place to have dim sumOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2013We went to ABC Seafood for a friend reunion. The environment is the best among all the Chinese restaurants in south bay. The price is a little more expensive but it worth the money. I would certainly go there the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyed the dimOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2013Thoroughly enjoyed the dim sum and the vibrant vibe.Special Features:
- Even though we had a reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2013Even though we had a reservation, when we get there, they still let us wait in line and gave us a number, no difference if you did not have a reservation.
- Went for dim sum on Mother'sPeterpanDined on 5/12/2013Went for dim sum on Mother's Day. So it's possible service was affected by a fully packed restaurant. Food was average and the size of the Sui Mai and Har gow were kind of big. I prefer them more bite size.Special Features:
- Gave away our table 5min before resOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Showed up 5 min before our reservation and they said we had already shown up. They showed us a list with our name on it and it was crossed out. Thinking it could be the others in our party showing up early they told us to go to the table and see. So with no help from the staff we walked around the resturant looking for our table. When we did not find it we had to wait for another table to open up. No point in making reservations here because they won't honor them.Special Features:
- The service was awful. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2013The service was awful. The waitress had very bad attitude. I don't think I want to go back to this restaurant in the future.
- Old ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013I know I can always get a great dim sum lunch with great selection and taste. Also, love their Peking Duck. I just always forget to come here for dinner. Service is always good and sometimes exceptional. Prices are moderate considering the portions are large. I am regular and will continue to come here for my Chinese food/dim sum fix.Special Features:
- ABC(Milpitas)的管理团隊很好. 如果和鯉魚門,五月花,醉香OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013ABC(Milpitas)的管理团隊很好. 如果和鯉魚門,五月花,醉香居比較. ABC(Milpitas)的family banquet package物超所值.Special Features:
- ABC Seafood had deliciousChic8k3Dined on 1/26/2013ABC Seafood had delicious food but the service was poor. I had placeda a reservation and still had to wait half an hour for a table. I then waited another 30 minutes for someone to finally noticed and take my order. They seem to be short staff due to a wedding eventthatis going on next door. The waitress was very polite and helpful.Special Features:
- Excellent food but be very patienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/18/2013Excellent menu! That is the only reason I go to ABC. The service on the other hand is a different story. I could easily noticed that the staffs were working as hard as they could. Unfortunately, the restaurant was severely under staff and lacking procedures. I suspect the restaurant was trying so hard to keep their bottom line low. They also IGNORE any note or request that I put when I made my reservation. I always make my reservation way in advance, at least 1 week before D-Day. I always asked to be seated by the big window at the back of the restaurant, but I NEVER seated there. Like I said earlier, the restaurant was severely under staff, especially during lunch time.Special Features:
- Usually this is a great placesparkyDined on 1/12/2013Usually this is a great place for dim sum. We have been many times and always thought it was wonderful. But this time the service was lousy. Usually carts with all kinds of delicious items are circulating. But this day, there were no carts of shrimp or pork dumplings. We had to order off the menu for items that in the past have been on carts. The food took forever to come-- we had to bring the delay to the attention of the supervisor multiple times in order to get what we ordered.Special Features:
- Be carful, if you use openOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/12/2013Be carful, if you use open table to make the reservation. I made the reservation at 11:00AM and got the confirmation e-mail. When I arrived at 12:00PM on the dot, it was very crowded and people were taking numbers. I told the hostess that I had a reservation at noon and I was told to wait. After more than 10 minutes later, several parties were seated, I asked about our seat. At that time, I was told I didn't have a reservation at all. When I asked then why they didn't tell me in the beginning, they just gave me a number and told me to wait. what's the point to make a reservation on open table, If they don't honor it?
- 1) Service is always wantingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/19/20121) Service is always wanting at this place. 2) We were 7 mins. late and had to wait. They are that busy and we were late, so its ok, I guess.
- Horrible experience rightOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/1/2012Horrible experience right when we walked in. Service was bad and price was way overpriced for the poor quality. I could've paid a fraction of the price for better neighborhood spot. Don't waste your money.
- Great fresh fish and prawns.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/18/2012Great fresh fish and prawns. Very Chinese and very good.Special Features:
- Can't trust online reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2012The restaurant did not get my online reservation! Don't know if this is website issue or the restaurant issue. Anyway, it was not a busy night and the restaurant was only ~30% full so we got a pretty good table, and the food was quite nice.Special Features:
- Dimsum was good however, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012Dimsum was good however, the service was horrendous. We felt pressured ordering our food because the waiter stood at our table forcing us to decide quickly. When the bill came, the waiter stated "what about me?" inquiring about his tip although we were still having desert. Food was okay but not worth coming back for the harassment.Special Features:
- Dim sum is not only aboutyum123VIPDined on 8/11/2012Dim sum is not only about the food, but the overall tempo of the restaurant. While the food was ok, the restaurant was not full... On a Sunday! When usually there is a wait if you don't have reservations. This definitely detracted from the overall experience.
- Great restaurant...but veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Great restaurant...but very noisy/busy during weddings..Special Features:
- We were celebrating my dad'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012We were celebrating my dad's 80th birthday and made the reservation through OpenTable for 7 people. However, when we got there, they didn't have our reservation. Apparently, they forgot to check the online reservation. There was a wedding going on and the restaurant was full. They were able to give us a small table for 7 people and wasn't too sorry for it. They didn't even suggest to compensate us at all. While the food was pretty good, we didn't have a good dining experience there. In fact, the manager there was pretty rude.Special Features:
- This appears to be a high-endOpenTableManVIPDined on 6/29/2012This appears to be a high-end Chinese restaurant, but the food is average. And, their attitude is horrible. It's almost as if I should be honored that they are willing to serve me. Maybe if I were Chinese, it would be a different case. I've heard many 'authentic' Chinese restaurants are that way - only wanting to serve Chinese people. I'm not sure if I'd go back. In the nearby area, there are many other excellent (and not snobby) places to eat.
- it's a nice dim sum restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2012it's a nice dim sum restaurant. don't expect too much when it's a HK style restaurant.Special Features:
- The two items that the waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/16/2012The two items that the waiter recommended where grossly overpriced - BBQ Platter. and whole fish done 2 ways. I new he was pushing them for a reason but never expected to see a $160 price tag on the fish. Fish wasn't very good even before we saw the price. Don't like being taken advantage of simply because he didn't think I knew my way around a Chinese menu.
- As I walked in, I thoughtOpenTableManVIPDined on 5/14/2012As I walked in, I thought the restaurant was closed. Wait staff kept on walking past me (at the hostess stand) and said nothing. Finally, I flagged someone down - and they appeared annoyed. I told them I had a reservation, and they seated me. I was quick to order. The food came quickly. But, was never asked how good my food was. The last item was wrong. They went back into the computer to try to prove me wrong. They realized I was right, and they apologized. But nothing was done, and I had to pay for the wrong item. Typical 'bad attitude / great food' Chinese restaurant.Special Features:
- They only your reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/25/2012They only your reservation for less than 4mins at peak hours such as Sunday Morning. However, they somehow added an extra table to accomdate us.Special Features:
- First time dining and theFoodieVIPDined on 2/28/2012First time dining and the food was cold, wait staff not friendly or engaging, talked among themselves. Carpet was very old, not enough variety for a dim sum restaurant.
- Bad Dim Sum Cart StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2012I really enjoy coming to this restaurant because of the quality and hot temperature of the Dim Sum. The waiters were very helpful and were attentive. The only part of the meal I did not like were the Dim Sum cart staff. They did not circle around the whole restaurant. It was as if they only went in this small "U" shape only getting a small portion of the tables. After the U shape they would gather in a group and chit chat. It took about 20 minutes for the carts to reach our table. I eventually had to order from the waiter. The only Dim Sum cart staff that I liked was the one who pushed the fried glass cart (with glasses). She is always very nice and always does a complete rotation.Special Features:
- Got a bad tummy immediatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012Got a bad tummy immediately after finished eating....coincidence??? spouse got it after arriving home?
- Food was great!!! ServersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/4/2012Food was great!!! Servers were very attentive but not a smile from them all night. Surprisingly very empty restaurant for a weekend and for the excellent quality of food.Special Features:
- The whole idea around makingChazVIPDined on 1/27/2012The whole idea around making a reservation is for the restaurant to seat you at an appointed time. This seems to be a new concept for the management here. We made a 12:30 reservation and had to wait over 30 minutes to be seated, the place was packed but it seems no one made any effort to save tables for those that had reserved them.Special Features:
- The restaurant don't haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012The restaurant don't have my reservation when I get there. I will not use this service again.
- This time experience is notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2011This time experience is not as good as previous times. Not enough waiters to serve. No oyster and clams on that day. Service is not as good as before.
- We meet relatives here 5-6OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2011We meet relatives here 5-6 times a year for dim sum. This is our preferred place for Chinese food. The food is always good, fresh and hot. Like any successful dim sum restaurant, it's always crowded and rather noisy.Special Features:
- Went for dim sum. Have goneyum123VIPDined on 11/27/2011Went for dim sum. Have gone to their Foster City location and love that this is newer and better decorated! Even flat screen TVs! Some of the skins of dumplings appeared to be handmade, which was a nice surprise. Similar service style to that of any other dim sum place tho, perhaps just a touch better, not by much tho. Skip the xiao long boas.Special Features:
- My family and I dine out ALLOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/20/2011My family and I dine out ALL THE TIME -- oftentimes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Therefore, we have been to a multitude of restaurants all over the valley and Bay Area. I must say that ABC Seafood in Milpitas has the WORST service of all places we have dined out at. We have been to ABC Seafood several times just to be fair as perhaps they may be having an off day on customer service but every time it's the same terrible service! They don't pay attention to you, they don't care about following up on your order or whether they get it wrong, etc. I would not recommend this place and will do my best to discourage anyone who asks me about dining there. Good food won't compensate for a terrible dining experience!
- There were few parties thereOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/7/2011There were few parties there so it was quiet. Food was good but the cost for the 'swimming' fish wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- As usual, not so friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2011As usual, not so friendly Chinese restaurant. Food is okay but not the best dim sum though.Special Features:
- I wanted to take my friendOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2011I wanted to take my friend out to dinner and my other friends had told me to try ABC. We are seated and the minute we sit down the waiter is asking for our order. Of course we aren't ready yet. We order and they bring out the food but forgot the rice. They dropped the food so fast we couldn't remind them. They didn't come back and were folding napkins at the other empty tables. We waited over 30 minutes and the finally came around and we reminded them. They still never brought it. We reminded them again and the man who seemed to be manager finally brought it. Too bad my food was already cold. We leave the restaurant and the waiter stops me to tell me I need to give her more tip. Gratuity is based on service. The service was not great!