ABC Seafood - Foster City
973 E. Hillsdale Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
ABC Seafood - Foster City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.abcseafoodrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6503282288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from ABC Seafood - Foster City
ABC Seafood Restaurant offers an incredibly diverse menu that appeal not only to those looking for a traditional Chinese meal but also to the most ardent seafood enthusiast. Boasting a wine list comparable to the most elite establishments we strive to provide the complete dining experience. A VIP and banquet room are both available to rent out for large banquets or smaller, intimate parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
ABC Seafood - Foster City - Best Restaurants in Foster City ›
ABC Seafood - Foster City reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Get what you pay for-very littletrsngDined on 10/5/2014Terrible managers who ignore you and only friendly to large party tables. The tables were also jam packed together like packed sardines... the carts couldn't go through the aisles to reach certain tables and you literally had to wave down the dim sum ladies or walk over to pick what you want.
- I disappointed :(YamuchaDined on 9/14/2014Foods are always good but the service from open table was aweful. I always trust Open Table and made reservation the day. We waited too long.Special Features:
- Good Dim SumcoffeenutDined on 9/11/2014Food is decent. Service is consistently bad; might be better if you can speak Cantonese.Special Features:
- Dim Sum Heaven!CASteelerFanDined on 8/20/2014So many choices, so little time. If you are a Dim Sum fan, and are in the area, stop by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinkDined on 7/30/2014i always go there because of the nice decor and space, but this time is a little disappointing. The temperature of the food are not hot enough. Shrimps and scallops are on the small size, and the garlic sauté bean curd sprouts are trunky and hard and not enough garlic at all. Tastes of all the dishes are very average this time- kind of embarrassing to take a friend who has never tried it there. I notice inconsistencies with the restaurant - some days food are very good, some days are not. Last time I took another friend there food were very good. Wish they can be consistent in their quality. But i will go back myself tho.Special Features:
- Authentic Chinese restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014Very authentic Hong Kong style restaurant with dim sum and seafood selection. Dinner menu has lots of choices. Generous portion and good taste. If the free dessert can either be hot or cold but not warm, that will be perfect to conclude the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!LillianVIPDined on 7/16/2014The Matrisse'D treated us very nicely. The service was very good. We go there regularly and thoroughly enjoy it. Fresh food and well prepared. Would recommend it to anyone. Probably one of the best restaurants in Foster City. The noise can be distracting-but it is worth the enjoyment of the food.Special Features:
- Decent dim sumSAYKDined on 6/29/2014ABC has decent dim sum when considering the community. You might have to special order some items that don't come are ind on the carts. Glad they can take reservations for a group otherwise it would be a long wait.Special Features:
- The following 153 reviews are from the ABC Seafood - Foster City reviews archive.
- DKW1Dined on 6/22/2014One of the best places to get dim sum on the peninsula.Special Features:
- Authentic Chinese in Foster CityrealchinesefoodDined on 6/6/2014Excellent execution of Chinese classics such as suckling pig and peking duck, along with their own specialities such as chopped string beans with olives...Special Features:
- New Space -JackyVIPDined on 5/11/2014I recently went back to dine with my parents, remembering it was one of their moderate favorites. Come to find out they have expanded! A joint room with beautiful rounds of tables, similar to a banquet hall. Decorative Chinese design. And the food, delicious. Just like I remember. The seabass was fresh, the Won Ton soup, I think my 6 year old nephew ate all of it! - perfect, the sauteed mushrooms with Chinese celery was good, and so were the BBQ pork spareribs, I usually do not like but I did for this restaurant. Peking Duck very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok Food, but too loud and chaoticDisappointedDined on 4/27/2014Dim sum was okay, but Sunday brunch was extremely chaotic and loud. Not recommended for large groups. We had a reservation for 13, but only 12 chairs were crammed around the table. The 13 person basically had to hold their plate to eat since they didn't fit at the table. Things we ordered separately didn't get delivered, only what was delivered on the roaming carts. The servers were so frantic that if you didn't immediately say that you wanted something from their cart they took the cart away before our group could choose something.
- Review of ABC Seafood RestaurantMeFoodieDined on 4/19/2014I may have eaten at this restaurant many years ago and was not impressed at that time. However, this time I was very impressed! I ordered the duo with roast duck and barbequed pork. In addition, I ordered the braised tofu and was able to get it at no additional charge with large cut up mushrooms and an ample amount of Chinese greens called Yachoy (similar to Bokchoy). It was the best dish of braised tofu I ever had! The service was also excellent, as the waitress was very polite and went out of her way to make sure I ordered something I would like. Finally, I liked the ambience and was seated at a small table by the window overlooking a courtyard with attractive trees and other plants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was VERY slow... HadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2014Service was VERY slow... Had to ask many times, for : Water Menu And to order food in general The wait staff was generally rude...Special Features:
- Not a Happy CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/28/2014I love dim sum and we've tried ABC a few times and each time the service at this restaurant decreases each time. Unfortunately, you only receive attention if you are Asian. I will not return and do not recommend to anyone.
- So-soBekkaDined on 2/14/2014The food was solid itself but it took a long time to get our food. There was a significant lag time between getting the dishes which made the dining experience choppy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice selection of dimOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014Very nice selection of dim sum. Wish they'd given us the menu for the off-cart special order items earlier. We'll be back!Special Features:
- I was extremely disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/25/2014I was extremely disappointed with the poor service. We spent 2 hours at the restaurant and only 30 minutes of it was spent eating, the rest was waiting to order or to get served. It was impossible to get basic service: no forks, even after 3 requests. After 1 hour of waiting, food was brought to table lukewarm (and all at once-repeated requests to bring soup first ignored). The food would have tasted a lot better had it been hot. The only time wait staff was attentive was when the bill was brought over, she stood by to make sure it was paid.
- not impressedtoothlesstigerDined on 1/2/2014Fried rice was dry and kind of flavorless. One dish on the menu explicitly stated, both in Chinese and in English, that it was pork with green onion pancakes. What came to the table was scrambled eggs with yellow onions and pork. When we complained to the server, she said "that's the way it comes, I can't help it if the menu isn't accurate". The soup was good.
- Great dim sumOperettaVIPDined on 12/31/2013Certainly worth the drive from San Francisco. Good selection of dim sum.They are all good. Recommendation: pork neck meat fry rice noodle. Be there at 11 am when it opens to avoid long wait. Reservation helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dim Sum - great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013My family and I have been going here for years. The food never disappoints. Extremely delicious dim sum and noodles.The service on weekends can sometimes be slow or inattentive, but this specific visit during the week had good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood prize7378GSVIPDined on 12/23/2013We always enjoy ABC ,especially the made to order Dim Sum and it's practically next door.Special Features:
- chaotic beyondcrunchVIPDined on 12/22/2013Do not bother making any reservation by OpenTable since they do not honor it. There is the usual Sunday Dim Sum crowd which I understand. But they pretend to take phone plus OpenTable reservations yet mix everybody in the same pool. Everybody ends up being mad. So if you want Dim Sum on a Sunday, just show up at 10am.
- A good dim-sum resturantKangDined on 12/14/2013Should be top 3 dim-sum in Bay area. Service is ok but not greatSpecial Features:
- dim sum favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/5/2013This restaurant has been around for quite a while...still popular with lines out the door, but good food, quick service and large space. i was surprised that they had online reservations but i understood we had priority to walk-ins. still, given the weekend day, we had to wait 30-40 minutes for our table. What we got was a nice big table for 9 near the windows and we were ready to eat. We quickly filled our table with plates of our familiar favorites...large portions, good flavor, ready service. Even tho they ran out of chicken feet before the cart got to my table, i promised to come back for it the next time! my family really enjoyed our time at ABC.Special Features:
- food is excelent but service is badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Food is excerent, service is very bad. Waiter and wairess don't want to service for customer. Order coke 2 waiter forget or ignore and finally ask other waiter so takes 30 mins to get a coke. I asked what kind food where next table eat the waitress yelling chinese (I know she can speak englisha) I really love food here but makes me dissapoint serviceSpecial Features:
- The food is okay for the peninsula.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013The food is okay for the peninsula. We don't have a lot of quality dim sum places, but the food at ABC Seafood used to be a lot better. They used to have fresh shrimp swimming in their tanks. Now I guess they use frozen shrimp. They used to have more selection and the bbq buns did not have ground up mystery meat. The customer service have always been poor but the wait staff top themselves at being as unhelpful as possible. I see them walking around avoiding work between seating the customers and giving them the check. If you ask them to help you with something, they will ignore you or tell the hispanic staff or the cart poeple to take care of it while they go back to walking back and forth or standing around.Special Features:
- Seated right away but I gotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/2/2013Seated right away but I got the aisle seat so I kept getting bumped by dim sum carts.
- The food is always excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/10/2013The food is always excellent, although a little pricey. They serve great authentic Cantonese food - not too greasy with great flavors and fresh ingredients. I even had my wedding rehearsal dinner there. However, the service is also consistently poor. It typically takes a long time for the server to take your order, and again a long time for the food to be served. I made a reservation on Opentable recently and wasn't seated until 40 minutes later.Special Features:
- We were waiting for more thanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013We were waiting for more than an hour for our food to come after they are ordered, eventually we cannot wait anymore and left! The kitchen was overwhelmed by orders in the day of the Chinese New Year.
- We are always happy to comeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013We are always happy to come from San Francisco down to Foster City to eat here! There are only 2 dim sum places in the Bay Area that are in the same class as ABC: Yank Sing and City View. So yummy!Special Features:
- Very disappointing. The serverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Very disappointing. The server did not speak English so we did not know what they have on the carts so we pick up things randomly. No menu was provided, the food was served from carts. I looked on the website before where a large menu was available. At the restaurant they were serving only what the kitchen decided to put on the carts. Some people knew what to order and they got dishes a la carte based on verbal orders in Chinese. A lover very noisy, very confusing and very disappointing that we cannot communicate in English with the waiters.
- Food is always consistent.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/17/2013Food is always consistent. However, dining room in the back was chilly.Special Features:
- Great place to get saltedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/14/2013Great place to get salted egg yolk crab and good upscale chinese food without breaking the bankSpecial Features:
- Terrific dim sum, okay serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2013Great food--a nice selection of dim sum, beautifully prepared, at a very reasonable price. I've had dim sum in San Francisco and London several times, and thought this was great...The service was not the friendliest or most responsive--but truly the food more than made up for it, and it was about par for similar restaurants. Only real complaint: they didn't award me the Open Table Points even though I made a reservation and told them of the reservation when I arrived : (Special Features:
- One of the better Dim SumOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/28/2012One of the better Dim Sum places in the peninsula.Special Features:
- good place for dim sum ined2321VIPDined on 12/9/2012good place for dim sum in the foster city area. honestly...service could use some work on the wait staff but overall...not bad. use opentable!!! if you've had experience with having to get a number or have been put on a list for the next table when going out for dim sum, ABC takes reservations through opentable! at first i thought..."theres no WAY that a dim sum place takes reservations!" then...i walked right up to the hostess table and told them i had an opentable reservation...we were seated within 10 minutes when the normal wait time would've been 30-45 minutes...props to opentable!Special Features:
- I'm new to OpenTable & I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012I'm new to OpenTable & I was initially skeptical if this sort of reservation would work. To my surprise & delight, IT WORKED!!!!!!! FOOD WAS GREAT, SERVICE SUPERB & THE OPENTABLE RESERVATION WAS SO CONVENIENT & AWESOME.Special Features:
- Forgot to make the birthdayPrIsDined on 11/2/2012Forgot to make the birthday bun which I had specifically ordered, however, the waiter expedited the order and had the buns ready in 15 mins.Special Features:
- Always a good place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/14/2012I've come here many times, both lunch and dinner, especially since I noticed that we can make a reservation via Opentable. Dinner is good, price is reasonable, and the managers try their best to accommodate your needs. From my experience, a lot of Cantonese restaurants do not have good service, but people here do make an effort to smile at you or come to check in with you from time to time.Special Features: