35 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abckitchennyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 475-5829
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Lunch Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Brunch Saturday -Sunday 11:00am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from ABC Kitchen
ABC Kitchen with Jean-Georges: passionately committed to offering the freshest organic and local ingredients possible.Continued
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ABC Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
550 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (391)great for lunch (272)hot spot (264)special occasion (212)good for groups (204)great for brunch (172)neighborhood gem (165)romantic (131)vibrant bar scene (57)notable wine list (52)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (9)Show More
- I am a big fan of ABC Kitchen.loyalifearnedDined on 11/24/2014The design is amazing. The food is excellent. The ambiance and vibe are perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about this place is fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2014I wished I had of remembered our server. But she was spot on with everything! Loved her! Started off with the Squash Crostini. Well I can't talk about this enough. Absolutely amazing! We had a few cocktails that were delish! Mains were the burger which again was out of this world and the Shrimp and Asian salad also delish. The carrot cake was the best I've ever eaten and the salted caramel ice cream sundae, well, that was heaven! I can't wait to go back to NYC and go to back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2014ABC Kitchen is simply & naturally delicious. I like that it's all about local, organic and sustainable products. The new American menu is outstanding. We had squash toast, brussels sprout pizza, and spinach goat cheese pizza. I never thought something as simple as pureed squash on toast could be so good, but it was absolute perfection - toasted bread w oil, house made ricotta, and seasoned and smashed squashed. Likewise with the pizza - perfect, thin crust, and the toppings shine. I like that the restaurant keeps the forward relatively simple and lets the natural goodness and surprising flavor combos shine through. So don't think you're boring if you choose pizza or some sort of toast because you'll still love it. I noted we had a birthday when I made the reservation and they were kind enough to provide a cute little cupcake with 'happy birthday' written in chocolate. We got that in addition to the salted caramel sundae which is decadent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food to die for!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014The food was absolutely AH-mazing! All the ingredients were so fresh and falvourful. I highly recommend the butternut squash with goat cheese and hazelnuts appetizer, the tuna appetizer and the margarita pizza. Wine list was fairly extensive, which made for nice selection to choose from. It was great value for the price. Ambiance was lovely. Good for friends, groups, dates. Busy, but not so busy that service was compromised. Excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but just ok service with an attitudeShopgirl312VIPDined on 11/22/2014I have been here a few times and it was the same. Really good food, gorgeous atmosphere, but servers who act like you should be happy when they decide to help you. I don't like attitudes like that. Hard to get their attention. But that being said, I do really enjoy the food. Carrot and avocado salad is wonderful and their fish entrees are good. ABC really needs to improve service to fit with the food quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014The ambience was comfortable and inviting. The food great. No complaints about the service! Hard to book into, but definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunch!NCarolinacoupleDined on 11/21/2014Lunch at ABC turned out to be highlight of this short visit to the City. All three courses of fixed menu exceeded expectations, both in terms of taste and presentation. Butternut squash soup and salted Carmel ice cream dessert were especially memorable. Service was non stuffy, yet impeccable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for romantic date/special occasionsbaconcheese1Dined on 11/20/2014I really liked abc kitchen overall. The interior design was very unique; it was a great mix of antique and modern style. The dishes they served with are also very interesting and pretty. The environment was nice and clean. I went at late lunch and it was very bright and lively. I saw it change to dinner time. They dimmed downed their lights and it became very romantic. For the appetizer, I loved their nantucket bay scallop. The herb and the lemon juice's harmony was really great. For main, the black bass and the lobster were wonderful. The fish was grilled perfectly, crispy on the outside and tender inside. The lobster melted in my mouth and I could taste the juiciness. For the dessert, I strongly recommend sea salted caramel ice cream and the chocolate cake with marshmellow icing. Overall, the food and service and ambiance was fantastic. Also, if you have left over time, I suggest to go take a look at the abc market right next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean George does things right.TedMexDined on 11/19/2014I must say that I has a perfect dinner from apettizers, through cocktails, all the way to dessert. No mediocre dish, all were very nice. Staff is quick and friendly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprising by the food and the ambianceFrenchycookerDined on 11/18/2014We spend a very good time in this place. The ambiance and service are excellent. Entrees are amazing with the raviolo fulled of ricotta and egg. We are sure to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try the crab toastKanddDined on 11/18/2014The most wonderful starter was the crab toast, all our meals were fresh and tasty but the crab toast was on its own pedestal of excellenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skeptical and SurprisedCeciVIPDined on 11/18/2014I was very skeptical of any place that was so well reviewed, but in fact, this is one of the few NY restaurants that live up the hype. The ambience was not pretentious, the food was of a uniform high quality, and the service was generally very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticparisiansDined on 11/17/2014This place was recommended by two foodies. Indeed, amazing food from starter to dessert. Best lobster ever, perfectly cooked. The scallops were so tasty and generous. Will go back for sure when in NY again. The atmosphere is both romantic and vibrant, lots of people enjoying and laughing. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review - ABC KitchenGabrielapmouraDined on 11/16/2014The food was delicious (as always) and the service was great. One of the best restaurants in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular lunch placeVVN1Dined on 11/16/2014Jam packed at 1:30pm and people still queuing when we left at 2:30pm. Lovely decor. Imaginative brunch list with classics reinterpreted and good execution. Keep original flavor of the ingredients, flavours kept clean. Not much selection for lactose intolerant eaters like me though. Good drinks selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch spot. Vibrant atmosphere.JayMereDined on 11/16/2014Went for brunch. big lineup/wait for seats but we had reservations and were sat right away after I was able to push through the door crowd. Food was terrific, cocktails were good, very vibrant atmosphere. Would recommend a reservation to make things easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They know how to spellhsvtkDined on 11/14/2014Went early to make the theater and we were sorry we couldn't stay longer! Interesting cocktails, great service and different food all of which were served in an intimate setting despite the size of the room, would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lively lunch spot in a lovely homeware storeJMK13Dined on 11/14/2014We were rather late for our booking, but were accommodated with a table which we were grateful for. We ordered a mix of plates to share which were tasty and enjoyed the buzzy atmosphere. The interior is quirky given the restaurant is in the basemet of a pretty homeware store which adds to the quirkiness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesKmittchDined on 11/10/2014A must everytime we visit New York. Try the cheeseburger- it's do for for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014The food here is tremendous. Fresh organic prepared in simple yet creative waysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialsatufromfinlandDined on 11/9/2014This place does not live up to its reputation. The food was ok, but nothing special or extraordinary. I had tuna for starters and salad as the main course and my partner took a soup and chicken. The food was almost boring, so I do not understand why this place is so popular. The best thing was the service.Special Features:
- Everything I had hoped forvisitor2seattleVIPDined on 11/9/2014Lovely from beginning to end. Beautiful setting, great service and delicious food and drinks.Special Features:
- Beautiful and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014One of the most beautiful restaurants I've ever been in. The food was spectacular. Salmon was perfect and the pretzel dusted calamari was YUM! Top notch service and very romantic yet lively atmosphere.Special Features:
- DisppointedGGDinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014So hard to get a reservation; finally got one a month in advance, but was disappointed in the food. My husband ordered cod as a main dish and actually sent it back because it was "tasteless." However, the chicken replacement was delicious. The prices were less expensive than we anticipated. Wait staff was efficient and friendly. Desserts were outstanding!!!Special Features:
- Tough reservation; worthymojoetooVIPDined on 11/7/2014Lively loud energetic youthful scene with characteristically bright JG flavors.Special Features:
- I get the hype...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014ABC Kitchen has got it going on! What a beautiful restaurant! The food was very fresh and the service was fantastic. We did not feel rushed, but our waiter and the bus staff were very attentive. The goat cheese and spinach pizza was excellent. The dill herbs really rocked it. Would love to go for dinner one night if I could only get a reservation!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Beautiful restaurant with great food and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is deliciousSophiaVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food was absolutely delicious; my husband had the lobster and I had the pasta with kale.....It was devine. The service and the staff was very good. The restaurant is also nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall great experienceDelisDined on 11/6/2014Lunch date. There are these beautiful chandeliers, light wood, white chairs, wooden beams in the ceilings. Open kitchen concept a plus. The china used was antique. The kabocha squash toast was delicious. Nice amount of sweetness and acid very balanced. Crab toast was good as well. Squash soup had a touch of spice which was nice. Roast carrot salad had a unique spice, which made it different but in a good memorable way. Salmon and crispy shrimp salads tasty. The ricotta ravioli filled with egg yolk was so good. The service was point on as well. Very friendly, attentive and great descriptions of food. Dessert, salted caramel ice cream sundae highly recommend and the carrot cake which was moist and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SrNYDined on 11/5/2014The menu is quite exhaustive but not too long. Service was really good but just a bit long. The decor is beautiful and create an intimate atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food, staffsPommeDined on 11/5/2014The taste is very delicious. Clean and light. Atmosphere is very warm and relaxed. Staffs are very welcome and very attentive. The choice that they recommend is very good. I love the restaurant. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- WonderfulFamilyAffairDined on 11/4/2014Our family of 2 adults and 2 children started our evening at 5.30 which we thought would be too early. Quite the opposite actually. We had 3 courses and we were not rushed and never felt the need to hurry to leave. The food was absolutely divine. The olives and toasts were amazing, the lobster delicious and the popcorn and ice cream to die for.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014We had lunch for six at ABC Kitchen and once again were very impressed. The quality and creativity of the food is extremely high from appetizers through to desert. Our server was among the best we have ever had and made a great dining experience, exceptional.Special Features:
- Great placemaa1234Dined on 11/2/2014The food was great, it was not a long wait since the order, and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very good foodTovestockholmsfoodieDined on 11/2/2014The appertate maybe was to expensive. The main course was perfect! Recommend abc kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never betterMemzoDined on 11/2/2014ABC Kitchen is amazing. Year after year they serve consistently superb food, visually and gastronomically. Service is attentive without being over-bearing.Special Features:
- cj423VIPDined on 11/1/2014Though very nice, I did not find it to be worth the hype. Perhaps the dinner menu is better. Worth trying thoughSpecial Features:
- Super!TovaDined on 10/31/2014Took a friend here for lunch to celebrate her birthday - she loved it, as did I. Food choices were excellent as was the food; service was patient as we lingered.Special Features:
- Great food, efficient serviceBetzRVIPDined on 10/30/2014Had a late lunch at ABC kitchen. Food was very good, had one prix fixe, one ala carte lunch. Overall excellent, but midway in lunch, one server got off, and another took over. While they seemed to know our orders and needs, there was still a bit lack of knowledge on the changeover. Otherwise, a wonderful menu. Would not hesitate to return, or recommend to others.Special Features:
- Loved itTrendyDined on 10/29/2014Very tasty, fresh products,good quality service, fun, young trendy basically a place to go out and enjoy a great meal in a perfect atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.