35 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abckitchennyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 475-5829
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Lunch Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Brunch Saturday -Sunday 11:00am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from ABC Kitchen
ABC Kitchen with Jean-Georges: passionately committed to offering the freshest organic and local ingredients possible.Continued
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ABC Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
557 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (398)great for lunch (270)hot spot (268)special occasion (218)good for groups (205)great for brunch (181)neighborhood gem (171)romantic (133)vibrant bar scene (58)notable wine list (52)late-night find (29)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (9)Show More
- Jean George does things right.TedMexDined on 11/19/2014I must say that I has a perfect dinner from apettizers, through cocktails, all the way to dessert. No mediocre dish, all were very nice. Staff is quick and friendly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprising by the food and the ambianceFrenchycookerDined on 11/18/2014We spend a very good time in this place. The ambiance and service are excellent. Entrees are amazing with the raviolo fulled of ricotta and egg. We are sure to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try the crab toastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014The most wonderful starter was the crab toast, all our meals were fresh and tasty but the crab toast was on its own pedestal of excellenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skeptical and SurprisedCeciVIPDined on 11/18/2014I was very skeptical of any place that was so well reviewed, but in fact, this is one of the few NY restaurants that live up the hype. The ambience was not pretentious, the food was of a uniform high quality, and the service was generally very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review - ABC KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014The food was delicious (as always) and the service was great. One of the best restaurants in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular lunch placeVVN1Dined on 11/16/2014Jam packed at 1:30pm and people still queuing when we left at 2:30pm. Lovely decor. Imaginative brunch list with classics reinterpreted and good execution. Keep original flavor of the ingredients, flavours kept clean. Not much selection for lactose intolerant eaters like me though. Good drinks selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch spot. Vibrant atmosphere.JayMereDined on 11/16/2014Went for brunch. big lineup/wait for seats but we had reservations and were sat right away after I was able to push through the door crowd. Food was terrific, cocktails were good, very vibrant atmosphere. Would recommend a reservation to make things easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They know how to spellhsvtkDined on 11/14/2014Went early to make the theater and we were sorry we couldn't stay longer! Interesting cocktails, great service and different food all of which were served in an intimate setting despite the size of the room, would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lively lunch spot in a lovely homeware storeJMK13Dined on 11/14/2014We were rather late for our booking, but were accommodated with a table which we were grateful for. We ordered a mix of plates to share which were tasty and enjoyed the buzzy atmosphere. The interior is quirky given the restaurant is in the basemet of a pretty homeware store which adds to the quirkiness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesKmittchDined on 11/10/2014A must everytime we visit New York. Try the cheeseburger- it's do for for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014The food here is tremendous. Fresh organic prepared in simple yet creative waysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialsatufromfinlandDined on 11/9/2014This place does not live up to its reputation. The food was ok, but nothing special or extraordinary. I had tuna for starters and salad as the main course and my partner took a soup and chicken. The food was almost boring, so I do not understand why this place is so popular. The best thing was the service.Special Features:
- Everything I had hoped forvisitor2seattleVIPDined on 11/9/2014Lovely from beginning to end. Beautiful setting, great service and delicious food and drinks.Special Features:
- Beautiful and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014One of the most beautiful restaurants I've ever been in. The food was spectacular. Salmon was perfect and the pretzel dusted calamari was YUM! Top notch service and very romantic yet lively atmosphere.Special Features:
- DisppointedGGDinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014So hard to get a reservation; finally got one a month in advance, but was disappointed in the food. My husband ordered cod as a main dish and actually sent it back because it was "tasteless." However, the chicken replacement was delicious. The prices were less expensive than we anticipated. Wait staff was efficient and friendly. Desserts were outstanding!!!Special Features:
- Tough reservation; worthymojoetooVIPDined on 11/7/2014Lively loud energetic youthful scene with characteristically bright JG flavors.Special Features:
- I get the hype...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014ABC Kitchen has got it going on! What a beautiful restaurant! The food was very fresh and the service was fantastic. We did not feel rushed, but our waiter and the bus staff were very attentive. The goat cheese and spinach pizza was excellent. The dill herbs really rocked it. Would love to go for dinner one night if I could only get a reservation!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Beautiful restaurant with great food and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is deliciousSophiaVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food was absolutely delicious; my husband had the lobster and I had the pasta with kale.....It was devine. The service and the staff was very good. The restaurant is also nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall great experienceDelisDined on 11/6/2014Lunch date. There are these beautiful chandeliers, light wood, white chairs, wooden beams in the ceilings. Open kitchen concept a plus. The china used was antique. The kabocha squash toast was delicious. Nice amount of sweetness and acid very balanced. Crab toast was good as well. Squash soup had a touch of spice which was nice. Roast carrot salad had a unique spice, which made it different but in a good memorable way. Salmon and crispy shrimp salads tasty. The ricotta ravioli filled with egg yolk was so good. The service was point on as well. Very friendly, attentive and great descriptions of food. Dessert, salted caramel ice cream sundae highly recommend and the carrot cake which was moist and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SrNYDined on 11/5/2014The menu is quite exhaustive but not too long. Service was really good but just a bit long. The decor is beautiful and create an intimate atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food, staffsPommeDined on 11/5/2014The taste is very delicious. Clean and light. Atmosphere is very warm and relaxed. Staffs are very welcome and very attentive. The choice that they recommend is very good. I love the restaurant. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- WonderfulFamilyAffairDined on 11/4/2014Our family of 2 adults and 2 children started our evening at 5.30 which we thought would be too early. Quite the opposite actually. We had 3 courses and we were not rushed and never felt the need to hurry to leave. The food was absolutely divine. The olives and toasts were amazing, the lobster delicious and the popcorn and ice cream to die for.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014We had lunch for six at ABC Kitchen and once again were very impressed. The quality and creativity of the food is extremely high from appetizers through to desert. Our server was among the best we have ever had and made a great dining experience, exceptional.Special Features:
- Great placemaa1234Dined on 11/2/2014The food was great, it was not a long wait since the order, and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very good foodTovestockholmsfoodieDined on 11/2/2014The appertate maybe was to expensive. The main course was perfect! Recommend abc kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never betterMemzoDined on 11/2/2014ABC Kitchen is amazing. Year after year they serve consistently superb food, visually and gastronomically. Service is attentive without being over-bearing.Special Features:
- cj423VIPDined on 11/1/2014Though very nice, I did not find it to be worth the hype. Perhaps the dinner menu is better. Worth trying thoughSpecial Features:
- Super!TovaDined on 10/31/2014Took a friend here for lunch to celebrate her birthday - she loved it, as did I. Food choices were excellent as was the food; service was patient as we lingered.Special Features:
- Great food, efficient serviceBetzRVIPDined on 10/30/2014Had a late lunch at ABC kitchen. Food was very good, had one prix fixe, one ala carte lunch. Overall excellent, but midway in lunch, one server got off, and another took over. While they seemed to know our orders and needs, there was still a bit lack of knowledge on the changeover. Otherwise, a wonderful menu. Would not hesitate to return, or recommend to others.Special Features:
- Loved itTrendyDined on 10/29/2014Very tasty, fresh products,good quality service, fun, young trendy basically a place to go out and enjoy a great meal in a perfect atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphereOliaVIPDined on 10/28/2014out squash soup with pumpkin seeds was excellent so does beet salad with homemade yogurt. Fun atmosphere, the service is a little slowSpecial Features:
- ABCPlumaDined on 10/28/2014Loud environment but delicious mushroom toast, cauliflower soup and veal meatballs, all exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMaxflavorDined on 10/27/2014The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food was superb. The best meal we had in New York. This includes Blue Hill and ModernSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014I felt for the price..my entree of crispy shrimp should have been amazing..it was basically breaded shrimp not crispy with romaine lettuce and not enough salad dressing for $24 I was excited for an amazing meal and didn't get that unfortunately ..bummerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!MereDined on 10/26/2014We had a group of 6 and everyone loved everything we ordered! The bacon jam on the pork is TO DIE FOR.Special Features:
- Two days later and still full!Luv2dineDined on 10/26/2014First time to ABC a Kitchen and We will definitely be back. On the recommendation of a friend we started with the seasonal squash toast and it was the highlight of the meal. We shared lots of other small plates and the brussel sprout pizza. They all ranged from good to great. The only complaint was that the coursing was off and time between each was very slow. That said, the server was well aware of this and was very apologetic and comped us a devious salted caramel sundae dessert. Can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely decor, good foodchrissieDined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed our brunch at ABC Kitchen. I had booked for a celebration of my daughter's 20th birthday. The decor of the restaurant was indeed wonderful as the web photos had indicated. Unfortunately, the food did not overall match the hype. My husband and I both had salads. There were full of healthy, fresh ingredients, but overall pretty tasteless. My daughter had the French toast and she said it was excellent. We probably need to try a meal at another time of day to get a better sense of what the restaurant is capable of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NSQUAREDNSQUAREDDined on 10/26/2014Finally got to ABC after 3 trips to NYC. The wait was worth it. Our group of 4 enjoyed Sunday brunch and look forward to returning to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful food - horrendous servicesonhomeu01VIPDined on 10/26/2014This is my favorite NYC brunch spot, and we took friends visiting from Austin last Sunday. They ordered the most heavenly vanilla pear French toast. Divine! I had the mushroom breakfast pizza, which is a mushroom lovers dream. My fiancée had the eggs benedict, per his usual. Our server pretty much forgot we existed and we waited forever for everything. I got my drink after my meal was over. Everyone's food came and they had almost finished when my pizza arrived. The couple that arrived after us had eaten and left before our food even came. It was a hot mess to say the least. That being said, the food is WONDERFUL. To make up for the bad service we got delicious chocolate cake on the house, but we were too full to finish it.Special Features: