35 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abckitchennyc.com/
- Phone: 2124755829x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Lunch Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Brunch Saturday -Sunday 11:00am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Kluger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from ABC Kitchen
ABC Kitchen with Jean-Georges: passionately committed to offering the freshest organic and local ingredients possible.Continued
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
ABC Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Gramercy / Flatiron ›
ABC Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
541 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (358)great for lunch (245)hot spot (240)special occasion (223)great for brunch (177)neighborhood gem (169)good for groups (164)romantic (151)notable wine list (57)vibrant bar scene (46)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (13)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Pretty good - not fabulousJoanDined on 9/28/2014Pretty good restaurant. Not sure why it is near impossible to get a last minute reservation. The food is good but forgettable. The drinks aren't great at all. The atmosphere is nice but not awesome. Not sure that I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmhouse chic diningCucaDined on 9/28/2014A beatuiful rustic setting that's been shuzzed up! great ambience, fresh flowers everywhere, perfect for brunch with the girls, eggs benedict with smoked salmon, french toast, and omelette were spot on, kale salad was all about the kale, lots of it! cheddar biscuits disappointingly dry, cocktails creative and tastySpecial Features:
- Great start to my SundayFoodTravellerDined on 9/28/2014The restaurant layout was great, service was of a high standard and brunch was nice. My friend is gluten intolerant, the server did a great job of guiding my friend through the menu. The carrot salad was great and I enjoyed my scrambled eggs, will be back to explore more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014used to be my favorite restaurant in the city, I'll never go back. Apps were fantastic. Entrees were mediocre at best. The spinach pizza was disgusting and ugly. Our server probably came by 3 times during the entire meal, he smelled and didn't ask why we didn't eat our entrees. It's a shame and as if the restaurant got cocky due to its popularity - but then dropped the ball.Special Features:
- Nice placeLinaDined on 9/26/2014Very good, I love this place, good food and the bar tender was amazing! The food was a little bit delay but they were very kind and gave us dessert as a gift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!LondonerinNYCDined on 9/26/2014The service, food, ambience were completely perfect. A friend suggested ABC kitchen as a great place for getting to know someone. They were right. Everything about the restaurant combines for a comfortable, professional and memorable experience. I will be back.Special Features:
- Just OK - food & service mediocremgcnynyVIPDined on 9/26/2014I don't know, it just didn't feel like a great restaurant. It felt like a kind of loud cafeteria, with service to match. I wanted a meal so good and fresh from Union Square that I'd go back again and again. But we won't. It was a mediocre lunch in a city full of great eats.
- Memorable6dinedNYCDined on 9/26/2014Oh, what a beautiful place! So happy to have arrived early enough to see the dining room before it was full of people. Most-excellent food, attentive, professional and personable staff. Thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our lunch here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, efficient serviceearthworksbugmanDined on 9/26/2014Had a very lovely business lunch. It was very loud in the front near the bar while waiting, but did not notice any unreasonable noise levels during dinner. I ordered two items off the menu, and was told by the waiter that I could save money on those items and get a desert if I ordered from the fixed price menu. Great gesture. The food was superb, and the wait staff as well.Special Features:
- Mahhhvelous Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Had a great lunch here on Sept 26th. The roasted Hake was perfectly done. The service was wonderful and the atmosphere is excellent. Very difficult to find as it's on a very run down street. Small signage but once you get behind the door it's beautiful. Also quite a few lunch time start sightings. Would love to go for dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestAdnanDined on 9/24/2014Great food ... great service nothing to say ...nothing to add ... just keep it up i strongly recommend the placeSpecial Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Great ambiance, fantastic food, terrific service. We were in NYC for the week and dined at ABC two nights in a row!Special Features:
- Great Food, but very noisy!!Valentina1Dined on 9/23/2014Service was outstanding. All the help extremely courteous and indulging. Food was fabulous. Only complaint was the noise level. We practically had to shout to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good luncheatNOTworkDined on 9/23/2014good lunch, great menu. service was great and staff knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tasteMikeADined on 9/21/2014We were in New York for three days went twice that goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, endearing service!!!JLSab123Dined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed every moment from the time we walked in! Had a party of 6 and all of us will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodnanarchDined on 9/21/2014Great food, service, space. We always come to ABC for brunch with friends and it is never disappointing. The burger is delicious, crab toast, drinks, all excellent.Special Features:
- Never disappointedCatuDined on 9/19/2014ABC is a gem. The decorating is simple, warm, feminine, rustic. The food is very fresh and delicious that you never leave feeling full or stuffed but satisfied. The service is outstanding as there is always someone filling your water glass. The waiter knew everything that was in each dish when we asked and was very knowledgeable. It's really fun to look in the store that is attached as well while you wait for your reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth itmememememeDined on 9/18/2014This is my favorite restaurant in NYC. Beautiful ambiance, fantastic service, and delicious food. It lives up to the hype. Truly beautiful food and care paid to every detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisitoILEANADined on 9/17/2014ABC KITCHEN es un restaurant bonito, con una decoracion sencilla pero preciosa, hasta con flores naturales en un ambiente precioso, y su comida es deliciosa, exquisita. Nosotras lo disfrutamos al maximo y lo recomiendo altamente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticTimothyDined on 9/16/2014Everything about this restaurant - wonderful ambiance, attentive and friendly service, and most of all, delicious food - was fantastic. Highly recommended. Had the fried chicken, whole wheat pizza, and side of mashed potatoes - great presentation, nice portions, and tasty as hell. Added bonus - Jane Lynch was sitting a few tables away. Definitely returning!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceDeeweeDined on 9/16/2014We were in town from New Orleans and Kitchen was recommended by a local. Service, food and atmosphere are terrific. Had the mushroom/egg pizza and the grilled turkey sandwich. Excellent. Cannot wait to go back there on our next NYC trip.Special Features:
- Memorable meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/15/2014I am glad we got a reservation. Very busy hotspot. The food was unbelievable. Appetizers were great - many different options. We had he beets with homemade yogurt and the meat plate. The sea bass was simply to die for. The broth was amazing. My husband had the cheeseburger, and it was frankly one of the most flavorful meats I've ever had. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great evening date spotChef4dinnerDined on 9/14/2014Dining room and kitchen are beautiful. Appetizer and small plates came out quickly and drinks as well. Noise level was exciting but not interrupting the meal or conversation. The entrees however took over 30 minutes to come out (fried chicken, pasta and a side). Our server was nowhere to be found, I'm not sure if this was because our reservation was for 10pm on a Sunday and everyone was in back doing side work or what? When he finally realized we still didn't have our food he went and checked and said it was almost up and we waited another 5 minutes and the dining room was not that full! The food was great but my chicken had a hot sauce beurre blanc that was way too hot and I love heat! Screws could be tightened but overall a good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere with good foodSwedishChefDined on 9/14/2014Loved the interior and there was a good mix of people dining. The menu looked good and there were many things I could have chosen. Must say though that both the ravioli and the chorizo pizza had less taste than I hoped. The wine on glass list could be a bit longer..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good crab meat with Lemon aioliFlxusvirusDined on 9/14/2014Also Cold press juice and French toast is impressive.Special Features:
- Vibrant placeorganiasticDined on 9/14/2014Had brunch at ABC on our last day in NYC and we all loved it - my 16 year old daughter found it a hio enough place to spend time with her parents, all of us enjoyed the Food and the three of us thought this will be on our list of places to retunr to on our next stay. One of the few trendy places we found where you can also enjoy organic and (dep on your choice) healthy Food :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrating our 18th in NYC!Dapper2VIPDined on 9/13/2014What a wonderful experience. We where celebrating our 18th wedding Anniversary and had a 11AM reservation. James the GM made it a night to remember. The food was outstanding all based on James' reccommendations. I had the SeaBass and my wife had the Hake, both outstanding. The crab toast for an appetizer is a must. The vegetable sides were all recommended by James and every single one was outstanding. The wine selection would make any connoisseur happy. The personal attention, the atmosphere and the food made this an anniversary my wife and I will never forget. Thank you ABC kitchen and thank you James.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABC KitchenImouttoeatagainDined on 9/13/2014ABC Kitchen has a great ambience with a mixture of white tables, twisted tree trunks, fresh flowers, and candlelight. I really appreciated the food served on beautiful antique plates. Their fresh ricotta with strawberry compote was excellent on grilled bread. The bread may have been slightly over grilled, but the ricotta was so delicious that we barely noticed. We shared a margarita pizza. It was very good, but small (about 10"). For the main course, I had the ricotta stuffed ravioli. That homemade ricotta is great! My husband loved his fried chicken which was very crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. He did not love the very spicy kale served with it. Their prices are high for food, but the servers are attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to its repOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Lots of better places in NYC. Does not live up to the hype. Dont think you will hear anyone else at your table.
- For foodies & the home decor loversGFfoodieDined on 9/13/2014The food was simple and perfect with lots of flavor. Make sure to allot time for browsing ABC Home while you there. It's not to be missed, especially if you are from out of town. If you are gluten free like me, there are options, but there're limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ecclecticenvironmenttorontopastaloverDined on 9/12/2014would recommend this restaurant. good selections to choose from, helpful wait staff with menu suggestionsSpecial Features:
- Best lunch spot- healthy, deliciousAMC9Dined on 9/11/2014One of my favorite lunch spots in the city, particularly when I have out-of-town visitors. I love the chic but casual space, and the kitchen consistently delivers outstanding dishes. I was disappointed the salmon sashimi toast is off of the menu for fall, but the eggplant toast that replaced it is outstanding. The tuna sashimi, kale salad, and summer lettuces salad apps were light, fresh, and very good. The slowly cooked salmon salad as an entree was delicious and filling.Special Features:
- not impressedpgznycDined on 9/10/2014I have been here many times and this experience was very disappointing. The dishes were not described well and I couldn't get my water glass filled or order a glass of wine during my dinner. The waiter could not be found. The manager came over and told us that they were having technical problems, but what does that have to do with my water glass being empty or not having the opportunity to order a glass of wine? The food was just OK...nothing special. Considering the fact that a mere mortal, non celebrity like me can not get a reservation her after 6PM EVER...at least the food and service experience should be worth it. It definitely was not! Now I'll go somewhere else and eat @ 8:00...like the rest of my non-senior citizen friends.
- Fantastic!!!GeecaDined on 9/9/2014Me and My mom Had a lovely dinner experience in here, food was amazing, place is beautiful and the service was very thoughtfull, we asked some dishes to share and they brought two separate plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, innovative foodSeattledinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014I shop mostly at farmer's markets, so I love dining at restaurants that are farm to table. I like sustainably sourced everything. The food at ABC kitchen did not disappoint . Thoughtful, innovative and perfectly prepared. We all liked the crab toast appetizer, and the tuna sashimi was outstanding. My son and I both had the pork confit, my husband the sea bass. All accompaniments , including vegetables and bread were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great placeLoisgDined on 9/9/2014The food here is as good as it gets. It is noisy, but you can easily carry on a conversation. The wait staff is friendly and competent. Every dish is prepared with the freshest and most delicious Ingredients. It is a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table fabulous!ChristineDined on 9/8/2014All dishes were beautifully prepared, ingredients fresh, sauces light, seasoning perfection. Staff were notably friendly and helpful. Highly recommend! Dinner reservations can be hard to get. The Prix Fixe Lunch was lovely and a bargain for three great courses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Great ambiance and decor. Scrambled eggs with crispy oysters were a hit!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Fantastic food. Very odd decor, but fun and the service was impeccable!Special Features: