35 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abckitchennyc.com/
- Phone: 2124755829x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Lunch Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Brunch Saturday -Sunday 11:00am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Kluger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from ABC Kitchen
ABC Kitchen with Jean-Georges: passionately committed to offering the freshest organic and local ingredients possible.Continued
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
ABC Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Gramercy / Flatiron ›
ABC Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
534 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (353)great for lunch (243)hot spot (238)special occasion (222)great for brunch (172)neighborhood gem (169)good for groups (160)romantic (153)notable wine list (62)vibrant bar scene (46)late-night find (33)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Well worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This is my favorite restaurant in NYC. Beautiful ambiance, fantastic service, and delicious food. It lives up to the hype. Truly beautiful food and care paid to every detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticTimothyDined on 9/16/2014Everything about this restaurant - wonderful ambiance, attentive and friendly service, and most of all, delicious food - was fantastic. Highly recommended. Had the fried chicken, whole wheat pizza, and side of mashed potatoes - great presentation, nice portions, and tasty as hell. Added bonus - Jane Lynch was sitting a few tables away. Definitely returning!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceDeeweeDined on 9/16/2014We were in town from New Orleans and Kitchen was recommended by a local. Service, food and atmosphere are terrific. Had the mushroom/egg pizza and the grilled turkey sandwich. Excellent. Cannot wait to go back there on our next NYC trip.Special Features:
- Great evening date spotChef4dinnerDined on 9/14/2014Dining room and kitchen are beautiful. Appetizer and small plates came out quickly and drinks as well. Noise level was exciting but not interrupting the meal or conversation. The entrees however took over 30 minutes to come out (fried chicken, pasta and a side). Our server was nowhere to be found, I'm not sure if this was because our reservation was for 10pm on a Sunday and everyone was in back doing side work or what? When he finally realized we still didn't have our food he went and checked and said it was almost up and we waited another 5 minutes and the dining room was not that full! The food was great but my chicken had a hot sauce beurre blanc that was way too hot and I love heat! Screws could be tightened but overall a good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere with good foodSwedishChefDined on 9/14/2014Loved the interior and there was a good mix of people dining. The menu looked good and there were many things I could have chosen. Must say though that both the ravioli and the chorizo pizza had less taste than I hoped. The wine on glass list could be a bit longer..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good crab meat with Lemon aioliFlxusvirusDined on 9/14/2014Also Cold press juice and French toast is impressive.Special Features:
- Vibrant placeorganiasticDined on 9/14/2014Had brunch at ABC on our last day in NYC and we all loved it - my 16 year old daughter found it a hio enough place to spend time with her parents, all of us enjoyed the Food and the three of us thought this will be on our list of places to retunr to on our next stay. One of the few trendy places we found where you can also enjoy organic and (dep on your choice) healthy Food :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrating our 18th in NYC!Dapper2VIPDined on 9/13/2014What a wonderful experience. We where celebrating our 18th wedding Anniversary and had a 11AM reservation. James the GM made it a night to remember. The food was outstanding all based on James' reccommendations. I had the SeaBass and my wife had the Hake, both outstanding. The crab toast for an appetizer is a must. The vegetable sides were all recommended by James and every single one was outstanding. The wine selection would make any connoisseur happy. The personal attention, the atmosphere and the food made this an anniversary my wife and I will never forget. Thank you ABC kitchen and thank you James.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABC KitchenImouttoeatagainDined on 9/13/2014ABC Kitchen has a great ambience with a mixture of white tables, twisted tree trunks, fresh flowers, and candlelight. I really appreciated the food served on beautiful antique plates. Their fresh ricotta with strawberry compote was excellent on grilled bread. The bread may have been slightly over grilled, but the ricotta was so delicious that we barely noticed. We shared a margarita pizza. It was very good, but small (about 10"). For the main course, I had the ricotta stuffed ravioli. That homemade ricotta is great! My husband loved his fried chicken which was very crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. He did not love the very spicy kale served with it. Their prices are high for food, but the servers are attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to its repOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Lots of better places in NYC. Does not live up to the hype. Dont think you will hear anyone else at your table.
- For foodies & the home decor loversGFfoodieDined on 9/13/2014The food was simple and perfect with lots of flavor. Make sure to allot time for browsing ABC Home while you there. It's not to be missed, especially if you are from out of town. If you are gluten free like me, there are options, but there're limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ecclecticenvironmenttorontopastaloverDined on 9/12/2014would recommend this restaurant. good selections to choose from, helpful wait staff with menu suggestionsSpecial Features:
- Best lunch spot- healthy, deliciousAMC9Dined on 9/11/2014One of my favorite lunch spots in the city, particularly when I have out-of-town visitors. I love the chic but casual space, and the kitchen consistently delivers outstanding dishes. I was disappointed the salmon sashimi toast is off of the menu for fall, but the eggplant toast that replaced it is outstanding. The tuna sashimi, kale salad, and summer lettuces salad apps were light, fresh, and very good. The slowly cooked salmon salad as an entree was delicious and filling.Special Features:
- not impressedpgznycDined on 9/10/2014I have been here many times and this experience was very disappointing. The dishes were not described well and I couldn't get my water glass filled or order a glass of wine during my dinner. The waiter could not be found. The manager came over and told us that they were having technical problems, but what does that have to do with my water glass being empty or not having the opportunity to order a glass of wine? The food was just OK...nothing special. Considering the fact that a mere mortal, non celebrity like me can not get a reservation her after 6PM EVER...at least the food and service experience should be worth it. It definitely was not! Now I'll go somewhere else and eat @ 8:00...like the rest of my non-senior citizen friends.
- Fantastic!!!GeecaDined on 9/9/2014Me and My mom Had a lovely dinner experience in here, food was amazing, place is beautiful and the service was very thoughtfull, we asked some dishes to share and they brought two separate plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, innovative foodSeattledinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014I shop mostly at farmer's markets, so I love dining at restaurants that are farm to table. I like sustainably sourced everything. The food at ABC kitchen did not disappoint . Thoughtful, innovative and perfectly prepared. We all liked the crab toast appetizer, and the tuna sashimi was outstanding. My son and I both had the pork confit, my husband the sea bass. All accompaniments , including vegetables and bread were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great placeLoisgDined on 9/9/2014The food here is as good as it gets. It is noisy, but you can easily carry on a conversation. The wait staff is friendly and competent. Every dish is prepared with the freshest and most delicious Ingredients. It is a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table fabulous!ChristineDined on 9/8/2014All dishes were beautifully prepared, ingredients fresh, sauces light, seasoning perfection. Staff were notably friendly and helpful. Highly recommend! Dinner reservations can be hard to get. The Prix Fixe Lunch was lovely and a bargain for three great courses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Great ambiance and decor. Scrambled eggs with crispy oysters were a hit!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Fantastic food. Very odd decor, but fun and the service was impeccable!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved everything!EimsneadDined on 9/6/2014My cousin and I were visiting from Ireland and we booked this weeks in advance....it was well worth it! The ambiance, service and food were all amazingly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiffsDined on 9/5/2014Took forever for us to get menus and for us to order. When the server was there he was nice, but he wasn't around much, and there was just a lack of attentiveness -- there were long stretches while our wine glasses were empty and we couldn't refill from the bottle ourselves because it wasn't at our table.Special Features:
- Cool restaurant!LoulouVIPDined on 9/5/2014I loved the elegance and decoration, cool people and good food!Special Features:
- An awesome experiencience.ThiagoLimaDined on 9/3/2014Tasteful food, in a incredible well decorated place, with an excellent service.Special Features:
- Good for everythingTatasnumnumDined on 9/3/2014I had a wonderful weekday lunch date for my cousin's birthday. Food was great. Cocktails were delicious. Service was perfect. It was even nice to see families with young well behaved children having lunch there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very hipMarried52Dined on 9/3/2014Excellent small bite dishes served swiftly and graciously. Our waiter gave good menu advice. Decor clever. Look forward to another visit.Special Features:
- Delicious!!SwissFoodieDined on 9/2/2014Delicious food and spotless service in a nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014They do care about the quality of food here , loved almost everything about this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is just ok.asiannewyorkDined on 9/2/2014I do not have any complaints. They just didn't wow us. The ambience is good tho. The food is just ok so I wouldn't consider going back.
- CristinaDined on 8/30/2014Too much expensive for what they offer. Other restaurant in town offer a fantastic food, a great service and are not soo expensive. Possibly is a-la-page!!!
- Amazing. Gormet. OrganicElegantDined on 8/30/2014It was so elegant while being some of the best food I've had. Nothing was left behindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- llemairethewhip1Dined on 8/30/2014We had a great dining experience. Food and service was perfect. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Best food in NYCfiftyfoodiesDined on 8/29/2014Everybody visiting NYC should have lunch or dinner at ABC kitchen. The place is beautiful and the food outstanding, the best we had the whole time! Service was attentive and friendly. The tuna starter and the salted caramel ice cream were to die for. Try it, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic and CharminggemswincDined on 8/29/2014An extension of ABC Carpet and Home. Fresh, organic food, but a bit uneven. Great bread w/ olive oil & salt. Homemade sodas, imaginative cocktails. Stingy w/ the wine. Excellent sashimi, my friends enjoyed Chicken Paillard & Spanish Mackrel. Portobello sandwich not so great. Fries over cooked, not very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningnycfoodDined on 8/28/2014it is noisy but that is part of the excitement and fun!Special Features:
- modern and tastySvetlanaDined on 8/28/2014New american cuisine: interesting mix of food makes your lunch o dinner a little bit multivarious. Perfect for lunch.Special Features:
- Every bite was to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Love the farm to table concept. Everything was prepared with care to perfection. Staff very friendly and knowledgable. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Organic but not gastronomyfreemaxouVIPDined on 8/27/2014The wait is not worth the experience, especially if you are not an organic food lover. Good food, nice atmosphere, good service. But below my expectations for a gastronomy restaurant.Special Features:
- Jean Georges did it again...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Great food (who knew kale could be so good, and whoever came up with the beets and yogurt combo?!), great service, great drinks...'nuff said.Special Features: