35 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abckitchennyc.com/
- Phone: 2124755829x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Lunch Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Brunch Saturday -Sunday 11:00am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Kluger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from ABC Kitchen
ABC Kitchen with Jean-Georges: passionately committed to offering the freshest organic and local ingredients possible.Continued
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
ABC Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Gramercy / Flatiron ›
ABC Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
518 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (340)hot spot (226)great for lunch (226)special occasion (222)neighborhood gem (166)great for brunch (165)good for groups (150)romantic (148)notable wine list (60)vibrant bar scene (45)late-night find (33)kid-friendly (25)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Jean Georges did it again...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Great food (who knew kale could be so good, and whoever came up with the beets and yogurt combo?!), great service, great drinks...'nuff said.Special Features:
- Worth a try!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Was so looking forward to it but disappointed by menu and our group found food good but nothing special, very nice ambiance and decor, staff friendly and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014Loved everything about this place. Not a bad thing on the menu. The staff was attentive and professional and accommodating and we never felt rushed, pushed, or talked into something. I will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The staff were very accomodating and so pleasant. The food was delicious. My only gripe would be the noise level, but it was tolerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and not a splurgeamhaleDined on 8/22/2014We had a great lunch off the prix fixe menu and it was a bargain considering the quality of the food. Portobello sandwich, tomato and peach gazpacho and a yummy salted caramel sundae. It is a busy place and noisy but service was terrific and we really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- DJ58dj58Dined on 8/22/2014I love ABC Kitchen! The food is always excellent! The service good and the trendy ambience fun! This time I took my out of town friends for lunch and they loved it and felt like they were really in a trendy NYC restaurant experience. Thanks!Special Features:
- Upbeat Client MeetingNYEngineerDined on 8/22/2014This is a great place to bring a client for lunch. There is energy in the room, the food is wonderful, and the staff is enthusiastic.Special Features:
- Always delicious and a treat!karenDined on 8/21/2014I never had the veggie burger...don't know if it was a new addition or not. But it was amazing and by far the best I have ever had. Among many other delicious choices we ate for lunch that meal, this was loved by our entire table. The atmosphere is really special either for lunch or dinner. Everyone leaves ABC with a smile on their face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definte go back to restaurantkdwnkDined on 8/19/2014Thank you very much. The food was wonderful. The server could have been more attentive. Our drinks came a while after our appetizers. The young woman bussing the table was far more attentive and engaging than the server.Special Features:
- GREAT!HunniDined on 8/19/2014Entertained client for lunch, staff was unbelievably professional!Special Features:
- Fantastic dinner, amazing settinglbovVIPDined on 8/18/2014Having been hearing about this restaurant for months, I was extremely surprised when it not only lived up to my expectations but also surpassed them. The setting is beautiful and perfect for a romantic night out. The food is expensive but definitely worth the price. The only thing is that reservations need to be made very early to snag a reservation at this place. Will most definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great food, unbeknownst to waitressMgpopDined on 8/18/2014I've been to ABC before, so I know my favorite dishes (ravioli and roast carrot salad!) but two others in my party had not been before. When they asked the waitress for her favorite dishes, she refused to give an answer. "It's all good," she said. When we pressed her, she said, "it depends on what you're drinking," but come on, at least make something up! Or tell me what other diners love! I was very turned off that this waitress didn't know the menu well and made our table feel awkward for asking. Luckily, it's hard to go wrong anywhere on the menu so we enjoyed our meal despite the service, but I won't be taking company I am trying to impress here anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABC First-timertastetasticDined on 8/18/2014Before my first time I continuously looked over the menu trying to decide what to get, discussing with my friend if we could just order everything on the menu because it all sounds amazing. I settled on sharing the chicken and pork sausage, kale salad and burger and it was absolutely delicious. One of the best burgers I've ever had and the portion sizes were great. The scenery was gorgeous the service was almost as good as the wine! I would recommend this place to go for a girls night out, romantic dinner or even for an event. I cant wait to try ABC Cocina next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty & DeliciousmelissagayleDined on 8/17/2014I recently went to brunch at ABC Kitchen with my sister and it was a lovely experience. Advance reservations are a must. We couldn't decide what to order so we got 2 appetizers and and entree to share, that way we could try multiple dishes and it was totally enough food. We had the roasted carrot and avocado salad, the heirloom tomato toast, and then the french toast with vanilla infused cherries - which was the perfect treat after tasting the more savory / salty dishes. Staff was attentive, water glasses were always filled, waiter checked on us often, food came out very quick after placing the order. I would definitely go back and I reccommend!Special Features:
- moninycDined on 8/15/2014My second visit Consistent food Didn't care for the kale salad but the beets in yoghurt are awesomeSpecial Features:
- Good food but.....NYCdinerDined on 8/15/2014I don't know if it was worth the hype. The food was good, desert was superb. The service, not so much. The waitress was not very friendly. Took forever for someone to bring us menus. Went for a late lunch and it took almost 2 hours and we had reservations. Bus person took away the bread before we finished and before entrees. Tried to take away my entree while I was still eating. I literally had to grab the plate back. Drinks took forever. It's a place to see and be seen, but for what we paid I expected much better service.Special Features:
- Still doing a great jobbkheightstimDined on 8/15/2014This is my 5th visit to ABC Kitchen and it is still going strong.... unlike Mercer Kitchen. The prix fixe was worth it. Good selection of plates, delicious food, and a good example of what the restaurant has to offer. The service was attentive, the ambiance was energetic but not overwhelming. Had a great time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch!Violoncelle74VIPDined on 8/15/2014We are a family of four foodies, with high expectations when we dine out. We were not disappointed by ABC Kitchen, and have loved every Jean-Georges restaurant we've frequented. Would definitely return and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- not as good as last timetappan35Dined on 8/13/2014I've been there before, last spectacular. this time my pizza with the mushroom, parmesan, egg was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. The crust was crispy but everything else was completely soaked. The waitress, not nearly as good as last time, told me they put broth on the pizza. And, she said that's how they always make it. After last time, I said that I wanted to try the pizza on the next visit. In fairness, they did put the pizza back in the oven but all that did was overcook the edges. They did not charge for the pizza but I really wanted a good pizza, not a refund. Will go back. Hope next time is betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!Yum27Dined on 8/13/2014What an amazing dining experience! Food is incredible, recommend the ricotta, strawberry compote, and grilled bread appetizer and the hake entree! Service is superb, wait staff is very friendly and knowledgeable! The ambiance is beautiful with beautiful china and plates. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh dishesBKbiteDined on 8/13/2014Excellent and interesting dishes. Great location, but must reserve ahead. Their non alcoholic choices are great, a welcoming touch for those who don't drink. Atmosphere is casual but their food is serious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE ABC KITCHENTamarindVIPDined on 8/12/2014Could not recommend ABC more, I absolutely LOVE this resto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BloomierVIPDined on 8/11/2014I have been waiting for months to get a normal reservation for dinner-7pm and it was worth the weight. Food was great, loved the dishes. However we sat all the way in the back and the tables ate close together. Waiter was meh-no personality and didn't recommend anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible place in Hell's Kitchen!rodrigostatDined on 8/10/2014The food and beverages are very specials. The service is great and very careful with or order and well being inside of restaurant. I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time Just As GoodGrazingThruLifeDined on 8/9/2014This was my 2nd visit and it was just as good as the 1st. My only issue was a bit of pretension on the servers behalf. She was quite helpful but not terribly personable Wont keep me from going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchmattiaDined on 8/9/2014We decided to try this restaurant on a visit to the city. The menu was fantastic and the food was delicious. Our server was wonderful and the rest of the wait staff were so attentive. We will definitely be back;overall this was a fun experience.Special Features:
- Good food, fast experienceWorkfoodDined on 8/7/2014When I enter ABC i thought I would have a pleasurable and relaxing dining experience. The food was great, as the service, but I should have preferred to have an earlier reservation. It seemed that the waitress and all the restaurant were anxious to deliver everything very best so they could close. My dinner took 1h15 and I had only 10 minutes to choose my main course after our appetizers.Special Features:
- Great lunchCaryncVIPDined on 8/6/2014Every time I eat at ABC Kitchen I have a wonderful experience. The food is always exceptional, the staff welcoming the space is great. I look forward to the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good but possibly overhypedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Food has an amazing quality that gives an unbelievable freshness.Special Features:
- Perfect for lunchalexlbVIPDined on 8/5/2014Had business meeting near Union Square and ABC Kitchen was perfect. The food is fresh and excellent. Not too loud. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014This was our 2nd time dining at ABC Kitchen and it was as superb as the first. Definitely impressed the in-laws! Food is absolutely amazing, as is the decor and service. Can't wait to come back a 3rd time.Special Features:
- PearlieDined on 8/3/2014We loved ABC Kitchen -it's a very unique restaurant with amazing food and wonderful, friendly staff. The restaurant is very upbeat and lively and a fun place to visit. We were here for brunch and shared amazing french toast and a wonderful pizza which were recommended by our waiter. We would absolutely go back to this restaurant next time in New York.Special Features:
- WonderfulJDisDined on 8/3/2014I would eat there again and again and will recommend to all my friends. Food was fantastic and service excellent. A must.. caramel popcorn dessert.. to die for!Special Features:
- Inconsistent & Over PricedDisappointedDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is beautiful, staff friendly & servers attentive. However, the food wasn't up to par for prices and expectations. We started w/ tuna sashimi which was flavorful, but just enough for barely a bite for four people;crab toast was tasty, but pretzel dusted calamari was as plain as can be. Ordered lobster, pork confit and fried chicken for entrees. Pork confit was good, but honestly, nothing special to demand a $34 price tag. Fried chicken had no flavor whatsoever. And, lobster had a nice zangy twist to it and was okay. Since lobster didn't come w/ a side, we ordered mushrooms which were the worst I ever had. No seasoning, no taste. Even though we were celebrating a bday, we decided not to stay for dessert. $35 corkage fee!
- Outstanding!ASperlVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is by far one of my favorite restaurants in NYC. The atmosphere is lively and energetic but the decor is simple yet beautiful. Can't say enough about the food... Every dish we ordered was absolutely delicious. And the service was extremely attentive. We've been to some of the other ABC restaurants before -- all of which were fantastic. But this spot far exceeded our expectations and is most definitely our favorite of the bunch. Bravo, Chef! We're already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful placewes93Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is located on a rather discreet street and can be easily missed but once inside, this place is gorgeous. Amazing ambiance and great food. Would definitely recommend people to come here. We went for brunch and it was a very romantic atmosphere, I can only imagine what it would be like for dinner.Special Features:
- Even better than the hypebjoadDined on 8/2/2014Had concerns/reservations going to such an acclaimed restaurant for brunch, but it is even better than advertised. Staff was warm in greeting and service was attentive and cheerful. Poached eggs perfectly prepared, tomatoe on toast was sweet as sugar, olive oil on table was delicious, almond cake with apricots was spectacular -- just the right amount of sweetness. Definately would go back.Special Features:
- AmazingCooseDined on 7/31/2014Quite possibly the best meal I ever had. The ricotta and strawberry purée was off the charts delicious, as was everything else. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- WowTable4twoDined on 7/30/2014We had an awesome lunch, such tasty food everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE it!!StylishlyRedDined on 7/28/2014ABC kitchen is probably my fav restaurant in the city, no exaggeration. Delicious, healthy, fun, GORGEOUS ambiance. The look is modern industrial but still warm, and the lighting is enchanting. Such details are somehow echoed in the food: Dishes are farm-to-table trendy -- kale, pretzels, mint drizzles, portions are *slightly* on the smaller size (larger than tapas) -- but they go down like (not heavy!) comfort food. This time I went for lunch with my husband and my baby in stroller, and I was amazed how smooth everything went. Btw ABC Cocina is terrific as well, though would recommend for a fun dinner, def. sans stroller..Special Features: