35 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.abckitchennyc.com/
- Phone: 2124755829x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Lunch Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Brunch Saturday -Sunday 11:00am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Kluger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from ABC Kitchen
ABC Kitchen with Jean-Georges: passionately committed to offering the freshest organic and local ingredients possible.Continued
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
ABC Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Gramercy / Flatiron ›
ABC Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
542 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (370)great for lunch (252)hot spot (241)special occasion (210)good for groups (178)great for brunch (176)neighborhood gem (168)romantic (142)notable wine list (57)vibrant bar scene (49)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (23)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Very SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Food was amazing. Very fresh & beautifully presented. Flavours to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDewmomDined on 10/16/2014I was rather disappointed with a recent lunch, mainly because of the menu. I felt that entirely too many items on the menu featured chillies as an ingredient. So many menu items included an ingredient with "heat" that it was almost amusing. Not amusing to all diners. The restaurant would do well to make certain that customers were aware of the heavy use of these seasonings.
- Another great experiencefoodfoodfoodDined on 10/14/2014Another great experience at ABC Kitchen. This was my second visit and the lunch prix fixe was the perfect portion for my liking and the quality did not skip a beat. The service is always great but be sure to make a reservation in advance as tables may be tough to come by during peak hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance is stunning...hopsnbarleyDined on 10/13/2014In our short 5 day visit to Manhattan we picked one special restaurant for each day. By far, our group voted ABC the one with the best ambiance and setting. The decor is simply stunning down to every small detail. The food was tasty - we did the fixed price lunch menu with three courses. An excellent value and way to travel around the menu. Caramel sundae was my favorite food of the trip! We will be back.Special Features:
- ABC:not just 'the basics';it's AtoZemc1147LBCADined on 10/13/2014Been here before . . . it never disappoints. The atmosphere is fun, frivolous and fresh !! Had the salmon salad: the salmon was so perfectly prepared (not overdone), the greens very fresh. When I ordered a fruit soda, and didn't like it: No problem with returning it for another drink. Did not have dessert. . . .darn ! Much too full from the appetizer and salad.Special Features:
- Best food in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014I can't say enough good things about this place. I will come to ABC Kitchen every time I'm in NYC. The fried organic chicken, collard greens and hot sauce butter was the best thing I've ever eaten. You must dine here!!Special Features:
- Make your reservation now!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Really great restaurant- but I would highly recommend making a reservation as soon as possible. While I had a reservation, I heard of people waiting up to 2 hours for a table for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentDingdangVIPDined on 10/12/2014Every time we go to New York (from Montreal) we try to eat at ABC Kitchen. Often we can never get an evening reservation but that is ok because lunch and or brunch is equally great. The ambience is amazing, the staff terrific and the food creative and delicious. Great variety too. The brunch menu is wonderful but you can also order from the lunch menu on the weekends which makes it even better. Kudos to a wonderful team.Special Features:
- slow!!!Kallman1VIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was good mostly but service was erratic and very slow- almost 3 hour dinner not good
- Excellent food and servicerangerjillDined on 10/8/2014Great location for great food with outstanding serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abc keeps it simple, splendidpartyof2makethat3Dined on 10/7/2014The restaurant was extremely busy for lunch, which is a testament to how good it is. The lunch menu isn't the biggest, but there's something there for anyone and everyone who's willing to be a little openminded. It's expensive, yes, but honestly the best lunch I've had in a LONG time. (Not to say I haven't had other good ones, however.) It was the only place I for sure planned on eating at during my visit, and I will stop in every time I am back in NYC--guaranteed. I'll hope to anyway. Lastly, it's in a great location and neighborhood. Staff is accommodating, knowledgeable and excellent overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYCMomVIPDined on 10/7/2014Food is super fresh, creative and delicious. Service is friendly, attentive and responsive to your every need. My only disappointment was the salad with crispy shrimp. On the other hand, the beets with yogurt and the goat cheese and spinach pizza were amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service ever.GoldyVIPDined on 10/7/2014followed by, best food ever! The beet salad with yogurt and the most fantastic hake makes for a perfect day!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LizwilliamsonDined on 10/6/2014All the food comes from local organic farms and you can really taste it. I would highly recommend it for anyone! Awesome ambiance and food.Special Features:
- you will not be disappointed!AziNVIPDined on 10/6/2014Great service. The kitchen messed up one of our orders slightly (they forgot to hold the Jalapeños from a sandwich), our server was so apologetic and they sent us a complimentary dessert to make up for the error. Food was delicious. We had the lunch prefixe (such a great deal!). Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday dinnernycroVIPDined on 10/5/2014I had dinner with my mom and boyfriend to celebrate my birthday. The waitstaff - per usual - were amazing and accommodating. I love the relaxed vibe, but beautiful decor and delectable dishes. They even gave me a delicious mini cupcake with a candle, it was perfect!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedRogerVIPDined on 10/1/2014This was my first lunch and my third visit overall to this restaurant. I fail to understand what the hype is all about. Service was fine. The food was mediocre every time and expensive. I have spent this amount at dinner but for lunch?
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2014A solid dining option from Jean George. The big apple cocktail that we ordered to start sounded great, but disappointed. The taste was diluted (the flavor, not the alcohol) and flat. I probably wouldn't try another cocktail there. The food was very good, for the most part. Crab toast and pork confit were the standouts. Fried chicken and pizza were very good. The special heirloom tomato salad was unremarkable. The butternut squash soup was very good, but didn't need the pumpkin seeds. Desserts were great (and huge) - save room! The space is gorgeous - love the farmhouse chic vibe. Unfortunately, it gets very loud when the restaurant is full. Service was spot-on, friendly and warm, relaxed, with just the right amount of attention.Special Features:
- Noisey but great foodMamaJDined on 9/30/2014Booked a month in advance and was told our party of 2 could not come for 6 but 5:30 would be okay. When we got there we got the evening's pep talk for the servers which felt strange. Also the place was not busy at all so not sure why the booking had to happen the way it did.The food items were pricey but tasty. The noise level increased so by the end of meal it was hard to carry on an easy conversation. Online we confirmed & we were phoned once in NYC and emailed again. Felt a little over the top for confirming a reservation for 2 @5:30 when most ot the restaurant was empty but hey it's not my business . The decor was lovely and ambience was very good.Special Features:
- True foodie experienceDebbieDined on 9/30/2014As anticipated the food here was all very local and the preparation innovative. The artisanal cocktails to compliment the food were also lovely. The portions are ample and there is so much to sample that sharing multiple items seems the best strategy. And save room for the salted caramel sundae, awesome! My only criticism is that the servers attempted to rush us a bit even though the place was largely empty at the time. Perhaps because of that, a few items were served cooler than would have been expected. This was especially a problem with the pizza we ordered. It would have tasted even better had it been served hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2014I just love the freshness and quality of the food and the depth of flavors that the chef always seems to bring to every dish. I trust the quality and I know I will always have a delicious, worthwhile meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food! Top fav!Chubbybunny2Dined on 9/29/2014Food was excellent-especially the ricotta and fig with toasted bread! The calamari was on point. So fresh and the pizzas we got were great. Would liked to have tried a few entrees but if you're with a group who can't decide, you can't go wrong with the pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for Money/Was not therechonkieDined on 9/29/2014I was very disappointed about this restaurant. I made the booking for our last night in NYC. To give you an idea we had supper at the following during our twee week stay: ABC Cocina, Breslin, Roberta's (Williamsburg), Reynard (Williamsburg), St. Anslem (Williamsburg), RedFarm, Public and ABC Kitchen. In the price range ABC Cocina, Reynard, RedFarm and Public are comparable and unfortunately ABC Kitchen stacked up dead last. Average tasting cocktails, quantity over quality and just average tasting food. The portion sizes were way too big and lacked sensitivity. I don't understand this, as the ABC Cocina uses the same kitchen and was on a completely different league. I think they might be too tired out with tourists.
- Fantastic weekday lunchMidtownEatsVIPDined on 9/29/2014The restaurant opened at noon and was packed a half-hour later. The decor is simple, relaxing, and tasteful: wooden beams, bulbs on cords, vintage dishes, white tables. The wait staff is cordial and the food comes surprisingly (but not inappropriately) fast! The menu is full of interesting choices. We had the tuna sashimi (excellent), crab toast (good), hake (a little pedestrian), and mackerel (subtle and delicious). The house-made caramel ice cream has the perfect amount of saltiness; the grape tart was too too sweet. The juice and soda selection is awesome. Try the apple and ginger juice, or the cherry-citrus soda. Overall, another wonderful and memorable experience at a Jean-Georges joint.Special Features:
- Pretty good - not fabulousJoanDined on 9/28/2014Pretty good restaurant. Not sure why it is near impossible to get a last minute reservation. The food is good but forgettable. The drinks aren't great at all. The atmosphere is nice but not awesome. Not sure that I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmhouse chic diningCucaDined on 9/28/2014A beatuiful rustic setting that's been shuzzed up! great ambience, fresh flowers everywhere, perfect for brunch with the girls, eggs benedict with smoked salmon, french toast, and omelette were spot on, kale salad was all about the kale, lots of it! cheddar biscuits disappointingly dry, cocktails creative and tastySpecial Features:
- Great start to my SundayFoodTravellerDined on 9/28/2014The restaurant layout was great, service was of a high standard and brunch was nice. My friend is gluten intolerant, the server did a great job of guiding my friend through the menu. The carrot salad was great and I enjoyed my scrambled eggs, will be back to explore more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014used to be my favorite restaurant in the city, I'll never go back. Apps were fantastic. Entrees were mediocre at best. The spinach pizza was disgusting and ugly. Our server probably came by 3 times during the entire meal, he smelled and didn't ask why we didn't eat our entrees. It's a shame and as if the restaurant got cocky due to its popularity - but then dropped the ball.Special Features:
- Nice placeLinaDined on 9/26/2014Very good, I love this place, good food and the bar tender was amazing! The food was a little bit delay but they were very kind and gave us dessert as a gift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!LondonerinNYCDined on 9/26/2014The service, food, ambience were completely perfect. A friend suggested ABC kitchen as a great place for getting to know someone. They were right. Everything about the restaurant combines for a comfortable, professional and memorable experience. I will be back.Special Features:
- Just OK - food & service mediocremgcnynyVIPDined on 9/26/2014I don't know, it just didn't feel like a great restaurant. It felt like a kind of loud cafeteria, with service to match. I wanted a meal so good and fresh from Union Square that I'd go back again and again. But we won't. It was a mediocre lunch in a city full of great eats.
- Memorable6dinedNYCDined on 9/26/2014Oh, what a beautiful place! So happy to have arrived early enough to see the dining room before it was full of people. Most-excellent food, attentive, professional and personable staff. Thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our lunch here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, efficient serviceearthworksbugmanDined on 9/26/2014Had a very lovely business lunch. It was very loud in the front near the bar while waiting, but did not notice any unreasonable noise levels during dinner. I ordered two items off the menu, and was told by the waiter that I could save money on those items and get a desert if I ordered from the fixed price menu. Great gesture. The food was superb, and the wait staff as well.Special Features:
- Mahhhvelous Lunch!RavenousDined on 9/26/2014Had a great lunch here on Sept 26th. The roasted Hake was perfectly done. The service was wonderful and the atmosphere is excellent. Very difficult to find as it's on a very run down street. Small signage but once you get behind the door it's beautiful. Also quite a few lunch time start sightings. Would love to go for dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestAdnanDined on 9/24/2014Great food ... great service nothing to say ...nothing to add ... just keep it up i strongly recommend the placeSpecial Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Great ambiance, fantastic food, terrific service. We were in NYC for the week and dined at ABC two nights in a row!Special Features:
- Great Food, but very noisy!!Valentina1Dined on 9/23/2014Service was outstanding. All the help extremely courteous and indulging. Food was fabulous. Only complaint was the noise level. We practically had to shout to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good luncheatNOTworkDined on 9/23/2014good lunch, great menu. service was great and staff knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Great service, very good food, good ambiance. The dishes were all damaged, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tasteMikeADined on 9/21/2014We were in New York for three days went twice that goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.