38 East 19th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2126772233x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 530pm – 1030pm
Thursday: 530pm – 11pm
Friday - Saturday: 530pm – 1130pm
Sunday: 530pm - 10pm
Lunch Monday-Friday: 12pm-3pm
Brunch Saturday-Sunday: 11am-3pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from ABC Cocina
ABC Cocina with Jean-Georges, Phil Suarez and ABC Carpet & HomeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
ABC Cocina - Best Restaurants in Union Square ›
ABC Cocina reviews from OpenTable diners
372 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (256)hot spot (193)great for lunch (128)special occasion (118)neighborhood gem (115)good for groups (108)great for brunch (97)vibrant bar scene (78)romantic (73)late-night find (39)great for outdoor dining (23)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (7)Show More
- cloudeDined on 9/28/2014I went for brunch. Food was good but not excellent. A plus in the ambiance, a Minus in food presentation. Service can be better for the place.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatMexicoGirlDined on 9/27/2014I really wanted to like this place. The cocktails were good. The food descriptions sounded so wonderful but so many things were fried. You know how it is when you order fried food at times--it doesn't really have much of a distinctive flavor. The brussels sprouts salad was excellent. We ordered about 8 or 9 things that we shared among 3 people. Everything was edible, decently prepared and presented, just not great. The atmosphere is great.Special Features:
- It's gone downhillHMacDined on 9/26/2014I dined at ABC about a year ago, and it was amazing. The food was out of this world -- so tasty. This time around I ordered the same dishes and they were nothing like they were a year ago. The charred octopus used to be heavenly - this time around it was mediocre, and all the sauces were mushed together. Not very appetizing.
- Very good tapas style restaurantwilloDined on 9/24/2014Side street restaurant with limited seating on the sidewalk. Interior decor is modern chic and well done. Now the important stuff... The food is Tapas style. Dishes offered cover the major food categories (beef, chicken, fish, veg) with a fresh creative twist as you'd expect from a Jean Georges restaurant. Cocktails are creative as well and use seasonal ingredients for certain drinks. A nice touch for sure. Service is good but can be a bit slow during prime dining hours (which is to be expected). Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- DotioDined on 9/24/2014love everything about this Restaurant, my second time...try everything on the menu! And...make a reservation.Special Features:
- Over-hypedEstherDined on 9/23/2014Was very excited to finally be able to try this place as I had been trying for a reservation for months. Overall, the experience was pleasant, mostly due to the hip ambiance and the stellar service. The wine was decent and not too expensive. The bread to start was tasty. However, the food itself overall sort of fell flat, and due to the high prices not worth it. All dishes were pretty OK. The tastiest in my opinion was the stewed chicken with crispy rice. Unique dish and very yummy. The steak was tasty but only gave you 4 little pieces. The vanilla croquette things for dessert were also quite good. I might go back if I had a friend in town looking to try a hip spot, but other than that I probably wouldn't return.Special Features:
- explorerDined on 9/20/2014Beautifully decorated, the food is fantastic and the ambiance has a delicate, subtle elegance.Special Features:
- Loved it!jelly10Dined on 9/19/2014Came with my boyfriend for a late dinner and we had a great time and will definitely be back again very soon! Margaritas were amazing! I highly recommend the rice with lobster, octopus and the fish tacos were our favorite.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious food,a little too dark, and the noise level escalated into the evening. Still bearable. Expensive Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to wait 25 minutes for a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2014Even with a reservation, they kept us waiting 25 minutes for a table. And service was lackluster. Hard for good food to compensate after that.
- Amazing as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014Can't get enough of ABC Cocina! The menu is continually changing but is consistantly delishious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Vibrant flavors!NYCGERDined on 9/15/2014As with all other JGV restaurants, the emphasis is on fresh, vibrant flavors served with style. The menu is diverse and offers something for everyone. Its best to go with people that don't mind sharing as choosing just one or two dishes can be a challenge! The guacamole is a must and other standouts include the octopus, the beef empanadas, the crab & corn fritters... I could go on. There are seasonal specials too (being late summer, the tomato salad was also a home run). The service is friendly and never obtrusive. This is definitely a place to visit often!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceCassieVIPDined on 9/14/2014Everything started out very well. We sat down and ordered a cup of coffee and tea, but we did not get them until 20 minutes later. We are talking coffee that is already brewed and hot water with a tea bag that took 20 minutes. The waitress asked if we wanted bread while we waited for the coffee and tea, and we said sure, but the bread never came. We didn't bother asking for it because clearly it was forgotten and our food began to arrive. Everything was good, nothing spectacular. The best thing we ordered out of the Corn, Frenchtoast, empanada and Churros, were the Churros. I would definitely recommend that. Good luck!
- The Food is Ridiculous!!!!GTFanDined on 9/13/2014Had a great dinner there with some friends. Actually went there twice in one week and had the privilege of tasting at least 16 different dishes. They were all amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostsilvieDined on 9/13/2014Good food,good ambiance but expensive and very noiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencePBuntingDined on 9/11/2014Had been really wanting to go to ABC Cocina and finally made it this week. Went with one friend and we listened to our server in getting two dishes per person (to share between us) and a dessert. We had the guacamole, chili shrimp, corn empanadas, beef tenderloin with chimmichuri and then the doughnuts with Mexican chocolate. Everything was spectacular and the perfect portion, the one thing I noticed was that the shrimp and beef were a little aggressively seasoned if someone does not like heat. I would not say that the food is cheap, but for the quality, dining atmosphere and Jean-Georges brand you cannot beat this.Special Features:
- Will recommend!swampchickDined on 9/10/2014I ravel to NYC for business often and have always wanted to try this spot. Glad I made the effort this trip. The food was delicious (the corn-amazing), the portions generous and the wait staff was nicely accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-slow serviceJennifer10014Dined on 9/9/2014I went there with a group of friends and we had a great time. The drinks were creative and delicious. We ordered several small plates and loved everything (you must try the short rib tacos!) We weren't in a rush, but if we were it would've been an issue. Food came out very slow and it took forever to get our check. There were so much staff walking around we didn't know why the slow service. Anyway, I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- SusanitaDined on 9/7/2014I was not impressed with the food, we order 4 different tapas and the only good one was the shrimp. the fish tacos had so many flavors that I could not taste the fish. The Mushroom with the goat cheese was boring.
- Not as good as ABC Kitchensmc18VIPDined on 9/7/2014I was thinking that as the sister restaurant of ABC Kitchen which I love, ABC Cocina would be equally fresh and delicious. I was not impressed. I had the mushroom and goat cheese dish appetizer which was pretty average and the fish tacos which were too heavy on the spicy mayo. I would suggest going to ABC Kitchen or Willow if you're looking for something fresh and tasty.
- Loved ABC Cocina!KGambaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had friends in town for a birthday celebration and managed to get a late dinner reservation on a Saturday night. It was the perfect spot for a group of 6 women. Everything is small plates and meant to share. We had some mean cocktails and the staff were attentive and charming. The mushroom and goat cheese plate was delightful but everything we had was delicious. Yummy plates with delicious sauces that could be mopped up with the incredibly fresh olive and sourdough bread. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed ourselvesleavesbegintofallDined on 9/5/2014We, a party of 2, were seated promptly at our reservation time. It was crowded, but service was perfect-unobtrusive, yet constantly available. We split a carafe of watermelon sangria for $44 (seems expensive, but, when you think about it, 2-3 glasses per person ain't that steep for a place like this!) We each ordered the 3 course pre fixe $32 pp and since we got different dishes, they offered to serve us tapas style, so it felt more like 6 courses! the best was the beef/eggplant empanadas and the brown rice with veggies, which is a far more flavorful and exciting dish than it sounds. We had spent a little time in the green market right down the street before we ate, and it was really fun to see it all on the menu. Recommended for sure!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2014We went here on a suggestion and fell in love with the place. The food is outstanding. They combine classic dishes with unexpected flavors which always surprise and delight. A great place for a date as well as a small group. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and wine while reasonablejinatnrtVIPDined on 9/3/2014what more can you possibly ask for? their heirloom tomato salad was amazing (yes, a tomato salad!)! get it while they're still in season! my suggestion is to let your servers choose some dishes for you. it is the best way to do it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un très bon momentCaius06Dined on 9/3/2014Dans un cadre "branché" les Tapas sont d'une excellente qualité, et l'ambiance et le service très agréables. Une très bonne adresse à découvrir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciouslove2eatDined on 9/2/2014ABC Cocina was great. Service was prompt and friendly, ambiance is great and the food is deliciousSpecial Features:
- excellent service and great foodanonymousDined on 8/30/2014came here for brunch on a Saturday. the decor and service are some of the best i've had in New York. the food is well executed and fresh, but definitely know that this place is a splurge and the portions will be a but smaller than you're used to. that being said I left full and happy! the French toast is was great, it had a crunch to it that almost seemed like a fancy churro. if you're a fan of croquettes, definitely get the ham and cheese fritters. great place to go for a special occasion brunch.Special Features:
- Great small bitesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Fro a different twist on an evening out with friends try ABC Cocina. Instead of one entree per person, order a number of small plates to share. Service is excellent, food is the same. Word of warning if you like bland and boring this restaurant is not for you. EnjoySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The flavours of the food at ABC Cocina were great- however the tapas style size of the plates was off putting. We paid $16 for 5 bites of meat! That was a rip off! The guacamole was amazing and the fish tacos also tasty. The sizes of these appetizer plates were better than the sizes of the main course dishes. The ambiance of the restaurant is great- but the portions sizes or prices need to change for me to go back again! How this is one of the hardest places to get reservations in is beyond me!Special Features:
- Dos Caminos?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014Honestly thought I could have been in Dos Caminos. The noise level was loud with terrible top 40 pop, the guacamole was just ok (and is one of the 'must-gets'). The only time i've been disappointed by JGV.Special Features:
- Great evening in ABC COCINAMikiDannyDined on 8/27/2014This is not our first time in this restaurant. We came to celebrate a pro wedding evening. The hospitality, the service and the food were all perfect. We had a great time. This is a place that we like to come back and recommend our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and varied flavorsKimNDined on 8/26/2014I went to ABC Cocina during a recent visit while attending the US Open and was not disappointed. I dined with my two children who are very interested in food and new and different flavors. We were not disappointed and each plate was thoughtful and full of flavor. We especially enjoyed the crab and corn fritters. The service was excellent but we never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Abc does it againMrsPDined on 8/24/2014Everything we had was amazing. My personal favorites were the fluke, short rib tacos, and grapefruit margarita. My husband and I shared 5 tapas and olives, and we were stuffed. Price wasn't bad either. Excellent valueSpecial Features:
- love their menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014original and exciting menu for fresh delicious food & veggiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy buenoTravelJunkieVIPDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I had lunch with visiting friends and shared a variety of dishes. All of the food was fresh and delicious and we can highly recommend the guacamole, the Berkshire pork sandwich, the sauteed corn, parmesan and chipotle and one of the specials, luscious lamb tacos. Service couldn't be improved. The room is fabulous though quite loud if you're interested in conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysSienaDined on 8/19/2014Have never been disappointed by my experiences at any of Jean-Georges' restaurants. Fantastic, clean, interesting food. Friendly, informed staff. Excellent ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy SalmonBlueJayFoodieDined on 8/19/2014The mescal marinated salmon was amazing. Our wait or was lovely and attentive. I also enjoyed the cocktails although they were a bit sweet and not very strong at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014The place is nice, service quite good. Great cocktails. The food is quite expensive, in relation to the quantity.Special Features:
- Really delicious meal!98rsdVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had a fairly bizarre lunch of pancakes, corn, tomatoes and empanadas, followed by rice pudding, but everything was extremely good. Very nice server.
- A(ll the) B(est) C(choices) 4 tapasFood4ThoughtVIPDined on 8/17/2014ABC Cocina offers all the best choices of sophisticated tapas for brunch. The restaurant offers a wonderfully eclectic and broad range of flavors, textures and ingredients; excellently prepared and beautifully plated. The service is warm and friendly. Our server greatly added to our enjoyment with his upbeat attitude. Equally importantly, several members of our party had several ingredient restrictions; Shand was thoroughly familiar with the ingredients and preparation of almost every menu item. it is testament both to him and to the restaurant's management.Special Features: