38 East 19th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2126772233x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 530pm – 1030pm
Thursday: 530pm – 11pm
Friday - Saturday: 530pm – 1130pm
Sunday: 530pm - 10pm
Lunch Monday-Friday: 12pm-3pm
Brunch Saturday-Sunday: 11am-3pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from ABC Cocina
ABC Cocina with Jean-Georges, Phil Suarez and ABC Carpet & HomeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
ABC Cocina - Best Restaurants in Union Square ›
ABC Cocina reviews from OpenTable diners
373 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (256)hot spot (193)great for lunch (133)special occasion (119)neighborhood gem (110)good for groups (110)great for brunch (103)vibrant bar scene (77)romantic (72)late-night find (37)great for outdoor dining (24)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (5)Show More
- Poor ServiceCassieVIPDined on 9/14/2014Everything started out very well. We sat down and ordered a cup of coffee and tea, but we did not get them until 20 minutes later. We are talking coffee that is already brewed and hot water with a tea bag that took 20 minutes. The waitress asked if we wanted bread while we waited for the coffee and tea, and we said sure, but the bread never came. We didn't bother asking for it because clearly it was forgotten and our food began to arrive. Everything was good, nothing spectacular. The best thing we ordered out of the Corn, Frenchtoast, empanada and Churros, were the Churros. I would definitely recommend that. Good luck!
- The Food is Ridiculous!!!!GTFanDined on 9/13/2014Had a great dinner there with some friends. Actually went there twice in one week and had the privilege of tasting at least 16 different dishes. They were all amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Good food,good ambiance but expensive and very noiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencePBuntingDined on 9/11/2014Had been really wanting to go to ABC Cocina and finally made it this week. Went with one friend and we listened to our server in getting two dishes per person (to share between us) and a dessert. We had the guacamole, chili shrimp, corn empanadas, beef tenderloin with chimmichuri and then the doughnuts with Mexican chocolate. Everything was spectacular and the perfect portion, the one thing I noticed was that the shrimp and beef were a little aggressively seasoned if someone does not like heat. I would not say that the food is cheap, but for the quality, dining atmosphere and Jean-Georges brand you cannot beat this.Special Features:
- Will recommend!swampchickDined on 9/10/2014I ravel to NYC for business often and have always wanted to try this spot. Glad I made the effort this trip. The food was delicious (the corn-amazing), the portions generous and the wait staff was nicely accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-slow serviceJennifer10014Dined on 9/9/2014I went there with a group of friends and we had a great time. The drinks were creative and delicious. We ordered several small plates and loved everything (you must try the short rib tacos!) We weren't in a rush, but if we were it would've been an issue. Food came out very slow and it took forever to get our check. There were so much staff walking around we didn't know why the slow service. Anyway, I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- SusanitaDined on 9/7/2014I was not impressed with the food, we order 4 different tapas and the only good one was the shrimp. the fish tacos had so many flavors that I could not taste the fish. The Mushroom with the goat cheese was boring.
- Loved ABC Cocina!KGambaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had friends in town for a birthday celebration and managed to get a late dinner reservation on a Saturday night. It was the perfect spot for a group of 6 women. Everything is small plates and meant to share. We had some mean cocktails and the staff were attentive and charming. The mushroom and goat cheese plate was delightful but everything we had was delicious. Yummy plates with delicious sauces that could be mopped up with the incredibly fresh olive and sourdough bread. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed ourselvesleavesbegintofallDined on 9/5/2014We, a party of 2, were seated promptly at our reservation time. It was crowded, but service was perfect-unobtrusive, yet constantly available. We split a carafe of watermelon sangria for $44 (seems expensive, but, when you think about it, 2-3 glasses per person ain't that steep for a place like this!) We each ordered the 3 course pre fixe $32 pp and since we got different dishes, they offered to serve us tapas style, so it felt more like 6 courses! the best was the beef/eggplant empanadas and the brown rice with veggies, which is a far more flavorful and exciting dish than it sounds. We had spent a little time in the green market right down the street before we ate, and it was really fun to see it all on the menu. Recommended for sure!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2014We went here on a suggestion and fell in love with the place. The food is outstanding. They combine classic dishes with unexpected flavors which always surprise and delight. A great place for a date as well as a small group. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and wine while reasonablejinatnrtVIPDined on 9/3/2014what more can you possibly ask for? their heirloom tomato salad was amazing (yes, a tomato salad!)! get it while they're still in season! my suggestion is to let your servers choose some dishes for you. it is the best way to do it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un très bon momentCaius06Dined on 9/3/2014Dans un cadre "branché" les Tapas sont d'une excellente qualité, et l'ambiance et le service très agréables. Une très bonne adresse à découvrir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciouslove2eatDined on 9/2/2014ABC Cocina was great. Service was prompt and friendly, ambiance is great and the food is deliciousSpecial Features:
- excellent service and great foodanonymousDined on 8/30/2014came here for brunch on a Saturday. the decor and service are some of the best i've had in New York. the food is well executed and fresh, but definitely know that this place is a splurge and the portions will be a but smaller than you're used to. that being said I left full and happy! the French toast is was great, it had a crunch to it that almost seemed like a fancy churro. if you're a fan of croquettes, definitely get the ham and cheese fritters. great place to go for a special occasion brunch.Special Features:
- Great small bitesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Fro a different twist on an evening out with friends try ABC Cocina. Instead of one entree per person, order a number of small plates to share. Service is excellent, food is the same. Word of warning if you like bland and boring this restaurant is not for you. EnjoySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The flavours of the food at ABC Cocina were great- however the tapas style size of the plates was off putting. We paid $16 for 5 bites of meat! That was a rip off! The guacamole was amazing and the fish tacos also tasty. The sizes of these appetizer plates were better than the sizes of the main course dishes. The ambiance of the restaurant is great- but the portions sizes or prices need to change for me to go back again! How this is one of the hardest places to get reservations in is beyond me!Special Features:
- Great evening in ABC COCINAMikiDannyDined on 8/27/2014This is not our first time in this restaurant. We came to celebrate a pro wedding evening. The hospitality, the service and the food were all perfect. We had a great time. This is a place that we like to come back and recommend our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and varied flavorsKimNDined on 8/26/2014I went to ABC Cocina during a recent visit while attending the US Open and was not disappointed. I dined with my two children who are very interested in food and new and different flavors. We were not disappointed and each plate was thoughtful and full of flavor. We especially enjoyed the crab and corn fritters. The service was excellent but we never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Abc does it againMrsPDined on 8/24/2014Everything we had was amazing. My personal favorites were the fluke, short rib tacos, and grapefruit margarita. My husband and I shared 5 tapas and olives, and we were stuffed. Price wasn't bad either. Excellent valueSpecial Features:
- love their menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014original and exciting menu for fresh delicious food & veggiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy buenoTravelJunkieVIPDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I had lunch with visiting friends and shared a variety of dishes. All of the food was fresh and delicious and we can highly recommend the guacamole, the Berkshire pork sandwich, the sauteed corn, parmesan and chipotle and one of the specials, luscious lamb tacos. Service couldn't be improved. The room is fabulous though quite loud if you're interested in conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysSienaDined on 8/19/2014Have never been disappointed by my experiences at any of Jean-Georges' restaurants. Fantastic, clean, interesting food. Friendly, informed staff. Excellent ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy SalmonBlueJayFoodieDined on 8/19/2014The mescal marinated salmon was amazing. Our wait or was lovely and attentive. I also enjoyed the cocktails although they were a bit sweet and not very strong at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014The place is nice, service quite good. Great cocktails. The food is quite expensive, in relation to the quantity.Special Features:
- Really delicious meal!98rsdVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had a fairly bizarre lunch of pancakes, corn, tomatoes and empanadas, followed by rice pudding, but everything was extremely good. Very nice server.
- A(ll the) B(est) C(choices) 4 tapasFood4ThoughtVIPDined on 8/17/2014ABC Cocina offers all the best choices of sophisticated tapas for brunch. The restaurant offers a wonderfully eclectic and broad range of flavors, textures and ingredients; excellently prepared and beautifully plated. The service is warm and friendly. Our server greatly added to our enjoyment with his upbeat attitude. Equally importantly, several members of our party had several ingredient restrictions; Shand was thoroughly familiar with the ingredients and preparation of almost every menu item. it is testament both to him and to the restaurant's management.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I had a family brunch on Sunday. Ambiance was fabulous. To begin, coffee was weak with a pretty bad tasting, and I hoped this didn't set a pattern. Our waitress asked us if we wanted bread and we said "no" which was a mistake, because we left hungry. Why do they ask you if you want bread? Just put it on the table! The food was disappointing. We ordered the guac and chips to start. Chips were good but the guac was nothing special. The chorizo was excellent, the fish tacos were light, fresh and tasty. Huevos Rancheros and Eggs Benedict were nothing special. The size of the portions were small and prices very overpriced. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Lives up to the hypeCanuckiedudeDined on 8/16/2014Smaller portions, but it's expected when people rave about this place. We were seated outside, but the host was gracious to move us from the sweltering heat to indoors. Tighter space, but it was cozy. Grilled octopus, grilled beef tenderloin with chimichuri, summer squash salad with pumpkin seed and yogurt with spices, grilled maitake mushrooms with goat cheese with drizzled vinaigrette, with an arroz con pollo (chicken) were all delicious, introduced by our server, Stand. The pairing of a malbec from Argentina (Martino 2011 Mendoza) was an excellent choice. Great to the palate, but left me wanting more.Special Features:
- Successful Girls NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014ABC Cocina was the perfect place to start of my best friend's Bachelorette. The cocktails were unique, delicious, and strong. The food was fun and satisfying, great for family style sharing. Our waiter was very attentive and made the whole experience comfortable.Special Features:
- Awesome brunch spotSliebsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Love this brunch spot! I had the watermelon sangria which may just be the tastiest drink I've ever ordered! It was refreshing with a little kick to it. The tapas style plates were perfect for sharing. My boyfriend proposed to me after so it's a restaurant I'll never forget!!!!!!Special Features:
- Very satisfiedRenatoDined on 8/15/2014Came several times and the place always meets my expectations. A little noisy but it is meant to be this way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/14/2014Love, love, love ABC Cocina and once again we were not disappointed and thrilled with our tapas !!!!! It was just the best…..can't wait to get back……especially for the spicy whiskey sours and spring pea guac….outstanding…..Special Features:
- ABC COCINA #2SusiqueVIPDined on 8/13/2014I came back for a second time and had exactly the same things as they were so good the 1st time. In fact I requested and got the same table too. My lunch guest was so impressed that she is bring her relatives here when they next visit NYC. And next time I dine, I will try something new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousilanasVIPDined on 8/10/2014gorgeous place. Delicious sharing plates. Fish tacos were sublime. Mushroom and goat cheese salad was unreal. Homenae sodas: yum. Just go.Special Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014We loved this restaurant. The food was fabulous. The ambience and liveliness of the place made you want to hang around for a long while. This is definitely a restaurant we will return to when we are back in NYC!!!Special Features:
- You Can Depend On a Good MealFooddawgDined on 8/7/2014For me the food is far from exceptional but to be able have a nice lunch without reservations this is the perfect place. Not to mention it is still difficult to get in for dinner without a couple days notice. They could do better on the deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Quality was generally very good but tended to be on the salty side. Portions were tapas size but entree priced. Liked the calamari, fluke, fish taco and guacamole. Octopus was bland and lifeless. Shortrib taco is very overrated. Arroz con pollo had a healthy amount of chicken but was very salty. Good place for a date.Special Features:
- Loved Our BrunchChickeedeeDined on 8/2/2014Once we found it (!) Was great experience. For those who don't know ABC Carpet, it can be completely confusing. Better signage needed! Food was great, service was attentive but not overly pushy, high 5s all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GargantuaDined on 8/2/2014I've had brunch twice this summer, each time our food was very good. I like the idea of the small dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Who BrunchLisaDined on 8/2/2014We had a lovely brunch here -- great food prepared expertly, lovely service, and an unhurried dining experience. Our server was not only attentive but also had great suggestions for ordering, steering us in the direction of dishes that we might not have otherwise tried and ended up loving. The small plates come out of the kitchen as they are made and each item we tried (with one exception) was fresh, interesting, and delicious. The entire experience was lots of fun, a good value for this type of dining and utterly delicious. The only dish that was a miss for us was the flan and that may just be because flan is not my thing. But given that the server had steered us so right on the first four dishes and drinks, one miss was not a big deal.Special Features: