38 East 19th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2126772233x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 530pm – 1030pm
Thursday: 530pm – 11pm
Friday - Saturday: 530pm – 1130pm
Sunday: 530pm - 10pm
Lunch Monday-Friday: 12pm-3pm
Brunch Saturday-Sunday: 11am-3pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from ABC Cocina
ABC Cocina with Jean-Georges, Phil Suarez and ABC Carpet & HomeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
ABC Cocina - Best Restaurants in Union Square ›
ABC Cocina reviews from OpenTable diners
369 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (263)hot spot (206)special occasion (123)good for groups (121)neighborhood gem (118)great for lunch (117)great for brunch (91)romantic (81)vibrant bar scene (81)late-night find (42)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (19)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/23/2014great selection of tapas but you have to like Spanish wine - there is not much else to pick fromSpecial Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014Our party ordered the guacamole (very good), the calamari (good, not great but got several recommendations about it), the short rib tacos (delicious) and the arroz con pollo (AWESOME). Would definitely come back and try some other stuff, but probably would still want the arroz con pollo.Special Features:
- what an experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014I was blown away by the decor, ambience, service and most of all by the quality of the food. Beautifully presented and carefully prepared. Every single bite of my food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd course served during 1st courseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014- we had the fixed price lunch-menu - we were still eating our first course, a waiter came with the second course and put the plates simply next to the first courseSpecial Features:
- DisappointedFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/19/2014We thought the food was ok -- certainly not great, and we don't understand why it was so hard to get a reservation. Clearly a popular place, but we found it to be mediocre.
- Perfect for sharingBwoodsVIPDined on 10/15/2014Very hard to get a reservation but worth the constant checking on opentable! The drinks were great and the food portions were small and perfect for sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster RiceLaurieVIPDined on 10/15/2014I really like the food here but would avoid the Lobster Rice as we felt the Lobster was mushy and rice was poorly prepared!Special Features:
- DeliciousdebcufDined on 10/15/2014I have dined at ABC Cocina several times in the past few months and have never been disappointed - in fact I've been rather pleasantly surprised. The new dishes I've tried recently have added a new dimension to my usual order I have had several clients and friends join me here for both lunch and dinner and everyone has enjoyed! ABC was great -- but ABC Cocina is a bit more relaxed and SPICIER!Special Features:
- Great location good foodTropicalVIPDined on 10/14/2014This restaurant is very uniqu. A great spot and a very quick service. A little to busy but typical NYC. The food is good and simple, the prices are reasonable just the wine prices are to high.Special Features:
- Chic and easy, and delicious!brooklynbirdDined on 10/12/2014This place is so YUM. Every plate (we stayed away from the "grilled and roasted" mains and rice dishes) was terrific and FUN! We drank some tasty rosé (on tap! from Long Island!) and a fresh grapefruit margarita that wowed. We also appreciated the environment - classy yet unpretentious, beautifully designed and comfortable, lively but not too loud. We will be back very soon!Special Features:
- Late BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/11/2014We had a 3pm brunch reservation and sat right at 3pm. We ordered a few appetizers, but when we went to order more, we were told the kitchen was closed. There shouldnt be 3pm reservations if the kitchen closes at 330pm.Special Features:
- ABC is WonderfulRushedDined on 10/11/2014ABC Carpets is one a of my favorite New York destinations. How fantastic to have a place next door so one can eat and shop and never leave! The brunch was lovely with many choices and all delicious. The huevos rancheros was prepared perfectly. The desserts were so good. If, however, you want a bottomless coffee with warm milk, perhaps you should try somewhere else as the espresso machine is downstairs and requires a trek. One of our servers told us to be patient as we sat again with empty cups. They were thoughtful to take the coffee charge off the check. In fact, the service was fine, too. I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sampling of TapasPac9008Dined on 10/10/2014Great selection, enjoyed the mood and the staff were all super helpful!Special Features:
- not as tasty as beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2014disappointed-- the food was not as good as my other meals. dishes were over cooked and way spicier than my other visitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatjweatsDined on 10/9/2014This place is unbelievably delicious. The lobster is crazy and so is everything else. Go here.Special Features:
- ok, butkombuchamotherDined on 10/9/2014decent food, rude hostess, small tables, loud, expensive relative to quality
- Beautiful PlaceDianaDined on 10/5/2014The location is unique and the table settings are beautiful, but the food is so-so and very overpriced.Special Features:
- FantasticRuthVIPDined on 10/3/2014Delicious food in a fun and vibrant setting. The wait staff is super nice. We sat next to a great couple who has been coming there for their standing date every Friday night.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Great food and decent price ! The seafood was incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBritishfoodieDined on 9/28/2014I absolutely loved the food here and the service was great. The tapas style menu was great for getting to try many different types of food and everything we had was either very good or exceptional. The only downside was how hard it was to book a table for here, we ended up having to eat very early and were only a party of 2 which made things easier but when looking to book again in future the limited availability means we are unlikely to go with friends unless we plan ridiculously far in advance. That said, it really was a great restaurant with outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tar315Dined on 9/28/2014Highly recommended. The service and food were fantastic. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- cloudeDined on 9/28/2014I went for brunch. Food was good but not excellent. A plus in the ambiance, a Minus in food presentation. Service can be better for the place.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatMexicoGirlDined on 9/27/2014I really wanted to like this place. The cocktails were good. The food descriptions sounded so wonderful but so many things were fried. You know how it is when you order fried food at times--it doesn't really have much of a distinctive flavor. The brussels sprouts salad was excellent. We ordered about 8 or 9 things that we shared among 3 people. Everything was edible, decently prepared and presented, just not great. The atmosphere is great.Special Features:
- It's gone downhillHMacDined on 9/26/2014I dined at ABC about a year ago, and it was amazing. The food was out of this world -- so tasty. This time around I ordered the same dishes and they were nothing like they were a year ago. The charred octopus used to be heavenly - this time around it was mediocre, and all the sauces were mushed together. Not very appetizing.
- Very good tapas style restaurantwilloDined on 9/24/2014Side street restaurant with limited seating on the sidewalk. Interior decor is modern chic and well done. Now the important stuff... The food is Tapas style. Dishes offered cover the major food categories (beef, chicken, fish, veg) with a fresh creative twist as you'd expect from a Jean Georges restaurant. Cocktails are creative as well and use seasonal ingredients for certain drinks. A nice touch for sure. Service is good but can be a bit slow during prime dining hours (which is to be expected). Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- DotioDined on 9/24/2014love everything about this Restaurant, my second time...try everything on the menu! And...make a reservation.Special Features:
- Over-hypedEstherDined on 9/23/2014Was very excited to finally be able to try this place as I had been trying for a reservation for months. Overall, the experience was pleasant, mostly due to the hip ambiance and the stellar service. The wine was decent and not too expensive. The bread to start was tasty. However, the food itself overall sort of fell flat, and due to the high prices not worth it. All dishes were pretty OK. The tastiest in my opinion was the stewed chicken with crispy rice. Unique dish and very yummy. The steak was tasty but only gave you 4 little pieces. The vanilla croquette things for dessert were also quite good. I might go back if I had a friend in town looking to try a hip spot, but other than that I probably wouldn't return.Special Features:
- explorerDined on 9/20/2014Beautifully decorated, the food is fantastic and the ambiance has a delicate, subtle elegance.Special Features:
- Loved it!jelly10Dined on 9/19/2014Came with my boyfriend for a late dinner and we had a great time and will definitely be back again very soon! Margaritas were amazing! I highly recommend the rice with lobster, octopus and the fish tacos were our favorite.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious food,a little too dark, and the noise level escalated into the evening. Still bearable. Expensive Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to wait 25 minutes for a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/18/2014Even with a reservation, they kept us waiting 25 minutes for a table. And service was lackluster. Hard for good food to compensate after that.
- Amazing as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014Can't get enough of ABC Cocina! The menu is continually changing but is consistantly delishious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Vibrant flavors!NYCGERDined on 9/15/2014As with all other JGV restaurants, the emphasis is on fresh, vibrant flavors served with style. The menu is diverse and offers something for everyone. Its best to go with people that don't mind sharing as choosing just one or two dishes can be a challenge! The guacamole is a must and other standouts include the octopus, the beef empanadas, the crab & corn fritters... I could go on. There are seasonal specials too (being late summer, the tomato salad was also a home run). The service is friendly and never obtrusive. This is definitely a place to visit often!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceCassieVIPDined on 9/14/2014Everything started out very well. We sat down and ordered a cup of coffee and tea, but we did not get them until 20 minutes later. We are talking coffee that is already brewed and hot water with a tea bag that took 20 minutes. The waitress asked if we wanted bread while we waited for the coffee and tea, and we said sure, but the bread never came. We didn't bother asking for it because clearly it was forgotten and our food began to arrive. Everything was good, nothing spectacular. The best thing we ordered out of the Corn, Frenchtoast, empanada and Churros, were the Churros. I would definitely recommend that. Good luck!
- The Food is Ridiculous!!!!GTFanDined on 9/13/2014Had a great dinner there with some friends. Actually went there twice in one week and had the privilege of tasting at least 16 different dishes. They were all amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostsilvieDined on 9/13/2014Good food,good ambiance but expensive and very noiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencePBuntingDined on 9/11/2014Had been really wanting to go to ABC Cocina and finally made it this week. Went with one friend and we listened to our server in getting two dishes per person (to share between us) and a dessert. We had the guacamole, chili shrimp, corn empanadas, beef tenderloin with chimmichuri and then the doughnuts with Mexican chocolate. Everything was spectacular and the perfect portion, the one thing I noticed was that the shrimp and beef were a little aggressively seasoned if someone does not like heat. I would not say that the food is cheap, but for the quality, dining atmosphere and Jean-Georges brand you cannot beat this.Special Features:
- Will recommend!swampchickDined on 9/10/2014I ravel to NYC for business often and have always wanted to try this spot. Glad I made the effort this trip. The food was delicious (the corn-amazing), the portions generous and the wait staff was nicely accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-slow serviceJennifer10014Dined on 9/9/2014I went there with a group of friends and we had a great time. The drinks were creative and delicious. We ordered several small plates and loved everything (you must try the short rib tacos!) We weren't in a rush, but if we were it would've been an issue. Food came out very slow and it took forever to get our check. There were so much staff walking around we didn't know why the slow service. Anyway, I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- SusanitaDined on 9/7/2014I was not impressed with the food, we order 4 different tapas and the only good one was the shrimp. the fish tacos had so many flavors that I could not taste the fish. The Mushroom with the goat cheese was boring.