14 Bedford Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.abbottega.com/manhattan/
- Phone: 2126759080x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday through Sunday 11:30AM-4PM
Dinner: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday 4:PM - 11:00PM
Dinner:Friday and Saturday and Sunday: 4:00PM - 12:00AM
Closed on MONDAY
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Modern Tuscan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is perfect for a private cozy friendly and professional event. we have host weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthdays, corporate events.
- Private Party Contact: Roy (212) 675 9080x
A word from Abbottega
Traditional Central Italian cuisine.Continued
Abbottega is a perfect location for either an intimate dinner or large dinner parties with friends or colleagues..
Abbottega is a perfect location for either an intimate dinner or large dinner parties with friends or colleagues..
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Abbottega reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (8)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Pasta pasta loversRokaDined on 10/11/2014Besides the noisy table next to us, love this place and will return. Pasta pomodoro was just insanely delicious! Salad was suprisingly very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow & Very Grumpy ServiceCharlieDined on 9/19/2014Dinner ended up taking 3 hours. The waiter completely forgot about us. Our table had to request everything, incl asking for water and 45 min in asking if we can order yet. When they eventually brought the food out, it all came out at diff times. 2 of us were last and awkwardly ate our salmon and steak a full 10 min after everyone else had finished their pasta. When we ordered we had questions about the menu and the waiter did not know the answers. We ordered a side dish for the steak that never came. My salmon was plated upside down with the greasy skin facing up (not a huge offense, but really?) Finally we paid and server was visibly upset about getting multiple credit cards to split the bill. Worst service I have ever had in the area!Special Features:
- NinoDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful, small and intimate and...great Roman food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wait staff and ambiencereesereaterVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went early with a large group of 8 people and were immediately seated at a large table in a quiet corner of this cosy neighborhood restaurant. The waiter Sylvestri was unhurried and helpful. We had wonderful, fresh food and were able to enjoy every course without any rush or pressure. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Charming and delicioso!col17Dined on 7/10/2014Abbottega is a wonderful hidden gem on quaint Bedford St. I took a friend who was visiting from LA and we both loved it! The pasta was freshly prepared, ambiance is lovely, and the service is friendly and accomodating. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 106 reviews are from the Abbottega reviews archive.
- Great Appetizersdiana156VIPDined on 6/14/2014My appetizer was very good , For dinner I order the Salmon dish with spinach, it was smaller than other places I've order fish .Special Features:
- Neighborhood findfredoVIPDined on 5/25/2014Generally this restaurant has been a really positive experience.The food is good and the atmosphere congenial.however we were there on the Memorial Day weekend and notonly had the prices increased which actually was ok as they were underpriced before bot the quality of the food had gone down.The meat and cheese plate which always has been quite authentic in quality and variety was a hodgepodge of hard cheese and greasy meat without the proper condiments.Hopefully this was just a flukeSpecial Features:
- Good food, good locationDowntownerVIPDined on 5/3/2014Lovely spot in the west village. Despite a couple large groups, the ambiance was charming. The food is very good, excellent wine choices. The staff was spread thin but were great. Very solid neighborhood spot, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Service was insultingEl12988Dined on 5/3/2014I was so excited to arrange a dinner at Abbotegga and was so disappointed. The service is despicable! Once we were seated we waited 15 mins for menus. I then had to ask for the wine list twice and the man responded to me as if I was bothering him. It took 40 minutes to get wine glasses and the wine and we were also told that half the wine listed they didn't even have. We wanted to but more bottles but left for a bar because of how utterly ridiculous the service was. I will be sure to spread the word of how horrible this establishment is.
- wineluvahDined on 5/3/2014I once ate here for a weekend lunch when it was known as Quinto Quarto. I frankly liked the decor then better as the walls were black (or dark brown) and with little decoration. Still, it's a cozy little restaurant. I had amatriciana and lamb ribs; both were good. The ribs were tender and very richly seasoned - a bit too much for my taste, but quite good. Only drawback was that it was way too noisy for my taste.Special Features:
- Nice place, reasonable prices -CharlesDined on 3/22/2014Interesting Food- not typical Italian - great menu - wonderful service -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinggirlsnightoutDined on 3/1/2014went for my husband's birthday celebration and had to send the food back. everything was entirely too salty but is was inedible. big disappointment. Service was good. ambiance was nice.
- very good traditional VillageOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/1/2014very good traditional Village italian food. Kitchen was a little slow, but the place was very pleasant/
- Nice surpriseMikeVIPDined on 2/22/2014Dinner sat night was a real pleasure. Eggplant parm app was terrific. Meatball app was special. Grilled octopus was perfect entree and the pasta with pecorino and black pepper was perfect. Topped off by ricotta cheesecake for desert. A real treat all around. Wines by the glass were very good. All in all a very nice surprise. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great atmosphere!CGaloDined on 12/31/2013Wonderful Italian food! The place is straight out of Italy, the food and the experience was all Italian. Fun and fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/13/2013First time I went, it was fine. Good food, relatively good service although it was busy. Second and definitely last time, the service was bizarrely poor. We we the only ones there save two lone tables which had already been served, but the wait staff, literally standing a yard or do away, were too busy talking to each other to bother coming over. Weasel eye contact at least twice, nodded our heads etc, but no service. Even after calling out politely, no one came for quite a while. And the food was poor. Salad was cold and tasteless. Filled with tough kale. Salmon ok but again on a bed of iron like kale. Pasta was crude.
- Bad experiencedisappointed1VIPDined on 11/30/2013Bad service. Bad food. Bad drinks even. Nice cozy atmosphere though.
- Good for pastaMichele531VIPDined on 11/23/2013The service, as other have stated, could have been better. I would recommend the pastas, but the second courses were a bit disappointing. I did have a delicious salad with kale, pickled egg and avacado.Special Features:
- Weird place.226qwertyDined on 11/22/2013We had a weird experience at this restaurant. We made a reservation for 5:30 so we could get to a show, but unlike many restaurants in NYC this place was unclear on the concept. We waited for an hour while the staff had their evening meal before we were served anything to eat. When we left at 7:15 we were still the only customers in the place. The food was good, though, when it finally came.
- Company Group of 15+, Great Servicepn10Dined on 11/8/2013Made a reservation for a Friday night for a large company event. The service was fantastic, getting us seated immediately at our reserved time with a table big enough for all of us. The wine menu was great, albeit a little on the pricey side. Food was also delicious - no complaints from the group and everyone completely devoured the shared appetizers. The restaurant is also in a great neighborhood for post-dinner social options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group outingjdhnycDined on 11/2/2013Booked a reservation for 15 ppl for a pre-marathon Carb-Load / send off dinner - staff was extremely accommodating and did a great job handling our group. They recommended a prix-fixe (sounded like a great deal for $40 w/out wine, $50 w/wine) - but it was an early dinner so most ppl weren't very hungry and we passed on that deal and ordered a la carte. Meals all came out at the same time (which is impressive for a group of that size!) and food was great! Although it's not a huge space, they had a big table setup for us and were incredibly accommodating. We kind of took over the place when we got there b/c it wasn't very busy and our group was large, but most ppl there didn't seem to mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLmbewVIPDined on 11/1/2013We lucked upon finding Abbottega by searching Open Table for same day reservations for 4 on a Friday night. The food was excellent. House made pasta dish was very flavorful and authentic. The lamb ribs were superb. Great service and decent prices. Highly recommend Abbottega.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we travelled from California,PAulVIPDined on 10/26/2013we travelled from California, there were ten of us, had a great time, and meal. Service was fab. All the staff kissed us good bye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian food done rightBmanVIPDined on 10/13/2013Great little spot with food that tastes homemade. All four of us loved our dishes, and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was not what I expectedconsuesDined on 9/21/2013it was not what I expected and when we had to return the salmon carpaccio, the waiter was very unpolite. Never will go back thanks
- maybe take a chance on it...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2013hmmm...I suppose some people would find it low key and charming...which it basically is...I question if they really know what they are doing...They are sweet and friendly at least. food was decent but forgettable at best. calling the service distracted would be charitable. Not sure what to make of the place...
- Great ambiance, authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/17/2013Dined with a large group on Saturday night and we all loved it. The food was like an Italian grandmother was making it. Fresh, lots of good choices, great salads moderately priced wine list.The ambiance is very charming, low lighting, white brick walls, wooden timbers in ceiling. Enjoyed the experience very much. All the diners were smiling at the other tables too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were in a hurry to makeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2013We were in a hurry to make an 8:15 curtain, so we didn't have time for a full dinner, but we both had excellent pasta. Wine was good -- we had an unusual Sicilian white. I still don't think it should be spelled spaghetto Carbonara on the menu despite the waiter's insistence that spaghetti and spaghetto are interchangeable. Steffan AlettiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service, ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2013Service was terrible. We ordered appetizers and then 15 min later, our server came to the table and told us she forgot our order and we had to give it to her again. She then brought the wrong food out. They ran out of Peroni and it took us 30 min to order our mains. The bucatini was ok but the pasta was too dense, the fettuccine with mushrooms was better. Do not recommend because the service was just bad.Special Features:
- Hospitality is firstcoloradoVIPDined on 6/30/2013As soon as you walk in the door one feels the hospitality of Italy. The staff is wonderful and the food is very good. I had calamari stuffed with potato and arugula Just talking about it makes my salivary glands tickleSpecial Features:
- Really authentic diningBmanVIPDined on 6/26/2013Small menu but so good! We watched the chef make the pasta in front of us. Every dish was first rate and the service was perfect. We'll definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than quinto quarto!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/1/2013The pasta dishes were all interesting. I had the artichoke ravioli and it was amazing. My husband had mushroom pasta dish. That was excellent also. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quinto Quarto no longer exists...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013We arrived at what we thought would be Quinto Quarto to find that ownership had changed and a "new" restaurant had opened only 2 days prior. We received no notification that this change had been made. As a party of 6, at 7:00 on a Sunday night, we did not have a lot of options left and stayed at "Abbotegga" and ate an okay meal. It was weird that we had expected one restaurant (with an entirely different menu...the only similarity was that they were both Italian) and got something completely different. A heads up would have been nice.
- My friends and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2013My friends and I have been to Quinto Quarto several times before and once again enjoyed it very much. The restaurant is in a charming area of the West Village. The restaurant itself is warm and inviting. Ample space between tables. Only one waiter, but he did a good job of attending to all the tables. My only criticism is their sound system. The waiter seemed to have a hard time modulating the sound so we would find ourselves having to shout to be heard over the music. The waiter would lower it but the volume would keep creeping up. I've noticed the same problem other times we've eaten there. I would eat there again, though.Special Features:
- The service was excellent,PW12VIPDined on 3/9/2013The service was excellent, the food was exceptional and the decor intimate and authentic. My only complaint was the acoustics. There were two large parties in the small space and it was very loud inside.Special Features:
- My new favorite restaurantTuscanBredDined on 3/2/2013serving authentic Roman dishes. I had the risotto special with taleggio and a hint of pesto. Excellent. Wonderful service and romantic, intimate space. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- The new menu is very goodlovethefoodDined on 2/7/2013The new menu is very good and the choices are interesting and very well prepared. The wine list is limited and expensive for this type of restaurant. The cheapest wine was $38.00, which does not match the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Added 5 people to a 15 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/6/2013Added 5 people to a 15 people reservation and they accommodate without any complaints. The food was amazing. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- We went here for a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/2/2013We went here for a birthday dinner and it was wonderful! The whole restaurant is exposed brick and it was very cozy. I was expecting the food to be good but nothing to write home about... was I wrong! Everything was perfectly seasoned! AND I had called a couple hours before we got there to give them the heads up that it was a birthday and asked if they could do candles in the dessert. When we got there, I never mentioned it again, and they remembered, surprised the birthday boy and sang. It was a really special night. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Terrific ValueKansasDined on 1/27/2013Quinto Quarto is one of my favorite restaurants in Manhattan. I've dined there many times for either lunch or dinner and have never been disappointed. In terms of decor, Quinto Quarto has a rustic Italian look/feel, and all of the staff seem to be authentically Italian, as well. The service is excellent, as is the food, which is well-prepared, and the pasta sauces and entrees are consistenly tasty and sometimes unusual. The restaurant also features a limited but outstanding Italian wine list. And on top of all this, Quinto Quarto is a relatively inexpensive restaurant where two people can enjoy a fabulous dinner with wine for under $100. Highly recommended.Special Features: